IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

18 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

Some may now look upon Marjorie suspiciously if they're back on, yes. Maybe she genuinely felt it was the wrong time to be courting and wanted to cool off until the family got the Josh fiasco sorted. Maybe she is a "gold digger" and wants the fame. We may never know. I just hope whatever happens is best for both Marjorie and Josiah.

It is possible that they will do a segment on how even though they are not courting they are still friends and so on.  The anticipation from the audience that they might start courting may be what they want to stir up.  

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

It is possible that they will do a segment on how even though they are not courting they are still friends and so on.  The anticipation from the audience that they might start courting may be what they want to stir up.  

I totally see this.   Since the older kids are going to be the focus, they need to come up with just about anything these kids are (or have been doing since the first cancellation) to keep audience interest, be it courtships, pregnancy, watching paint dry, etc. And there's no doubt questions on what the deal was with Marjorie and Josiah ending their courtship. 

Personally I hope Marjorie just continues to do her own thing and keep on working at her job. 

12 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I don't think that's any less "fame whore-y" on her end. 

8 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I don't think that's any less "fame whore-y" on her end. 

Couldn't one say that all of the Duggar spouses/fiancé(e)s have been famewhores thus far or at the very least leghumpers? By now, anyone interested in courting a Duggar has to know that being on TV will be a stipulation of the relationship. I can't see anyone being allowed to bow out of it, because they don't feel "convicted" to be on TV or something like that. I don't feel like Marjorie should be singled out for being somehow different than Anna, Derick, or Ben in this regard. To put it bluntly, anyone who has the intention of courting a Duggar will be a leghumper/famewhore by definition to some extent, because if you don't want to be on TV or think that the Duggars are admirable in some way, you'd be courting someone else.

On 3/17/2016 at 7:18 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

Couldn't one say that all of the Duggar spouses/fiancé(e)s have been famewhores thus far or at the very least leghumpers? By now, anyone interested in courting a Duggar has to know that being on TV will be a stipulation of the relationship. I can't see anyone being allowed to bow out of it, because they don't feel "convicted" to be on TV or something like that. I don't feel like Marjorie should be singled out for being somehow different than Anna, Derick, or Ben in this regard. To put it bluntly, anyone who has the intention of courting a Duggar will be a leghumper/famewhore by definition to some extent, because if you don't want to be on TV or think that the Duggars are admirable in some way, you'd be courting someone else.

Oh, all the Duggar spouses are definitely fame whore-y, but Marjorie was so theatrical right away that it makes her stand out more. 

On 3/16/2016 at 4:48 AM, EmCatlyn said:

Perhaps it'll be another small effort to show how 'normal' the family are since they had a 'breakup'.

"Oh look, folks! We had a failed courtship and we're still great friends. We're just like you!"

On 3/16/2016 at 11:48 PM, EmCatlyn said:

I don't see how they can spin that Josiah and Marjorie are still "friends" when opposite sex siblings aren't even allowed to be friends after a certain point.

On 3/18/2016 at 9:17 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Oh, all the Duggar spouses are definitely fame whore-y, but Marjorie was so theatrical right away that it makes her stand out more. 

She was also all of 17. And had a bit of a theatre background.  I can see some of the kids I had in high school drama coming off exactly the same way if they were suddenly on camera playing themselves at 17. 

4 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I don't see how they can spin that Josiah and Marjorie are still "friends" when opposite sex siblings aren't even allowed to be friends after a certain point.

I think it depends on what a person means by "friends."  If I remember correctly,  Josiah and Marjorie said that they remained friends when they announced the end of the courtship.   That doesn't mean they can go out together or that they communicate regularly like same-sex friends do. It means that they haven't quarreled, aren't hostile, will chat at parties and even be part of the same group activity.   I think that this is what they will show on TV with the teaser that they may get closer.  Who knows, TLC may be checking to see if Marjorie and her family would make a good spinoff.

I think also that the Duggars may say they have opposite sex "friends" from families they have known forever (like the Bates and Paines).  And opposite sex siblings, though discouraged from hanging out like "peers," are not isolated from each other.  

So yeah, they would be "friends" under a lot of supervision and without the opportunity for closeness that same sex friendships allow.  But they would still call it "friends," I think.

The FamyFriday Instagram posted a picture of Marjorie working at Chick-Fil-A. You go and make that money on your own merit girl!

I don't get the impression that Anna herself is particularly in it for the fame. Her family...maybe. But I think she genuinely loved Josh at the beginning. Bin and Derrick...meh. I concur the timing would be a red flag if Marjorie were to come back into the picture now. I'm also not convinced she'd be satisfied with the dutiful Duggar wifestyle for the rest of her life.

1 hour ago, FundieFarmer said:

I don't get the impression that Anna herself is particularly in it for the fame. Her family...maybe. But I think she genuinely loved Josh at the beginning. Bin and Derrick...meh. I concur the timing would be a red flag if Marjorie were to come back into the picture now. I'm also not convinced she'd be satisfied with the dutiful Duggar wifestyle for the rest of her life.

Marjorie is a naughty girl who wears pants and doesn't curl her hair.  56f305d961dee_0Marjorie.jpg.579ac93e5df2

To be honest, I think you have to really love attention to marry into the Duggar family. I just can't see someone who hates attention surviving in that kind of environment, or even wanting to try at all.

53 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Marjorie is a naughty girl who wears pants and doesn't curl her hair.  56f305d961dee_0Marjorie.jpg.579ac93e5df2_

And that picture is at a Barnes and Noble, not a Christian bookstore!!

4 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

Let's analyze this recent picture I found on instagram, uploaded by a fan 2 days ago. Are they a couple again?

Jim Bob definitely looks pregnant.

4 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

Let's analyze this recent picture I found on instagram, uploaded by a fan 2 days ago. Are they a couple again?

Do we know where they were?

7 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

Do we know where they were?

I'm not sure. It looks like the fan lives in the same region. I also don't know if it was taken recently.

5 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

As I recall from that ridiculous "testimony" on J&A's pre-scandal website, Anna was aware of the Duggars before Josh initiated the courtship because they were celebrities in the ATI world. She mentioned being awe-struck by the Duggars and being excited that such a "godly" young man with a "godly" family was courting her. I don't know if she was a leghumper to the same extent as Ben and Derick, because the show had just begun production when the courtship started, but she was definitely a fan.

8 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

If you click that hash tag you get some pretty un-godly things...haha!

I was wondering about that hashtag. "The 99" that I've heard of is an interactive theatre type thing including the 5 top reasons teenagers are killed. I think it's designed to scare the bejesus out of you; similar to the simulated drunk driving presentations before senior proms, but on steroids. I find it hard to believe the Duggars would attend that type of event since drugs, drinking and driving are involved... unless they're there to show how Godly they are and trying to save people? Or The 99 here could mean something else, but that event is pretty big. 

I don't think that Anna was in it for the fame (definitely not on the same page as Ben).  AT the time of their marriage, the Duggars were not nearly as famous as they are now.

Money is another story.  I wouldn't call her a gold digger, but she didn't grow up with much and I think she wanted the financial stability that comes with marrying into a wealthier family, who gets more per episode than many people get per year.  And her marriage elevated the Kellers into semi ATI royalty (I'm not sure Prissy and TFDW would have been married if not for Anna.  I'm interested to see what happens with the 2 boys still at home.) 

That said, I think she genuinely loved Josh on the wedding day (and still does) but I don't think he ever loved her.  He married so he could have a legitimate reason to have sex.

Interesting that Josiah has his arm around Marjorie in that picture with the fan.  That's pretty touchy for a Duggar and a girl he use to court.  Because of that, I think they are back to "dating with a purpose".  (Do the Duggars believe in that or just the Bates?  I can't remember.)    JimBoob will probably offer Marjorie a position helping Jana with the younger girls soon.  It will accomplish 2 things, 1) get her to stop working at Chick Fil A and 2) allow her to be around Josiah more and push the relationship along, much like he did with Ben when he felt he wasn't around Jessa enough and the relationship wasn't moving along fast enough for him. 

15 hours ago, GnomeCat said:

Popping out of lurking to point out that Justin has braces now (doesn't he?) so this pic has to be a bit older.  I seem to remember the them making one of those "See, we take care of our kids teeth!!" posts about him&James getting them on facebook sometime mid-joshgate or just before it but I couldn't find the exact date just now.

I'm totally willing to jump on board the speculation train for JB's baby bump though, 24 weeks and carrying pretty high-finally another boy!?!

I think Josiah's hairline has receded a bit more since this pic too...poor guy :(

1 hour ago, lezajenda said:

Popping out of lurking to point out that Justin has braces now (doesn't he?) so this pic has to be a bit older.  I seem to remember the them making one of those "See, we take care of our kids teeth!!" posts about him&James getting them on facebook sometime mid-joshgate or just before it but I couldn't find the exact date just now.

I'm totally willing to jump on board the speculation train for JB's baby bump though, 24 weeks and carrying pretty high-finally another boy!?!

I think Josiah's hairline has receded a bit more since this pic too...poor guy :(

Yes, Justin does have braces now, so these are probably older?

Spoiler

tumblr_o459ehszqg1uipssao3_400.gif

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived