IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

3 hours ago, lezajenda said:

Popping out of lurking to point out that Justin has braces now (doesn't he?) so this pic has to be a bit older.  I seem to remember the them making one of those "See, we take care of our kids teeth!!" posts about him&James getting them on facebook sometime mid-joshgate or just before it but I couldn't find the exact date just now.

I'm totally willing to jump on board the speculation train for JB's baby bump though, 24 weeks and carrying pretty high-finally another boy!?!

I think Josiah's hairline has receded a bit more since this pic too...poor guy :(

Man, good call on the braces! It is so exhausting keeping track of each of their dental excursions. I thought it was probably an older picture but I needed some back up before I jumped back on the "they're courting again" bandwagon.  For some reason, I feel like I've seen it before.  Thanks for the help!!!

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness to Marjorie, if I was 17 and "dating" a guy whose family was all over the news embroiled in a child sexual abuse scandal and the whole Ashley Madison thing, my parents would have been ripping me out of there faster than I could blink. It is not Josiah's fault any of this happened, but the Jacksons surely would have wanted to protect their daughter too. 

I hope Josiah isn't courting Marjorie again. His expression in pictures with her is always so strained and almost haunted looking. Definitely doesn't look happy in the slightest.

I don't want them together again either. Marjorie doesn't deserve to be married into a family that accepts child molesters with open arms. 

He was probably forced into courting her, so for his sake I hope that doesn't happen again.

It has probably been said many, many times, but courting is such an unstable and unrealistic basis on which to form a relationship. 

2 hours ago, seraaa said:

It has probably been said many, many times, but courting is such an unstable and unrealistic basis on which to form a relationship. 

I have to wonder how it will look to the younger ones, I mean I'm not saying any of them won't follow through with a courtship model (because who knows, really) but will any of the lost girls or the howlers look at their older siblings and think, "maybe not"? Like, Josh ended up cheating on his wife who is being dragged through the press due to her "choice" to stay with him. And if it was just him, fine he is a scumbag child molester so he could be an outlier, but Jill is sucking the literal life out of Derick, and Ben is so over his marriage already I can practically see his interest waning in front of the camera. They all act happy but some of the younger kids must notice that courtship isn't exactly leading to healthy, happy, productive relationships as they get older right? It may not deter them from following the party line, but then again maybe it will. But they have to at least notice, I would think.

4 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I have to wonder how it will look to the younger ones, I mean I'm not saying any of them won't follow through with a courtship model (because who knows, really) but will any of the lost girls or the howlers look at their older siblings and think, "maybe not"? Like, Josh ended up cheating on his wife who is being dragged through the press due to her "choice" to stay with him. And if it was just him, fine he is a scumbag child molester so he could be an outlier, but Jill is sucking the literal life out of Derick, and Ben is so over his marriage already I can practically see his interest waning in front of the camera. They all act happy but some of the younger kids must notice that courtship isn't exactly leading to healthy, happy, productive relationships as they get older right? It may not deter them from following the party line, but then again maybe it will. But they have to at least notice, I would think.

The younger howlers/lost girls might have a better chance of not having to go through these archaic courtship rules. By the time the lost girls are courting, the cameras will hopefully be well and truly switched off, so they don't have to be so extreme for the sake of shock value of 'omg they haven't even kissed or hugged properly before getting married!!!1' on television.

In 15 years, Kim Jong Bob will be retirement age and maybe have hit the point where he has loosened the reigns. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they are eventually forced to reevaluate the courtship model. It clearly didn't work for Josh, I don't think it is going to work with Jessa, the jury is still out for me on Derick and Jill (I want to see how they look after he's finally fully recovered from his surgery and not looking in perma-physical pain). Thrown in another couple of crappy marriages from courtships and I wouldn't be surprised if some howlers and lost girls are like 'you know what? This doesn't even work, I'm going to do it differently'. 

46 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

The younger howlers/lost girls might have a better chance of not having to go through these archaic courtship rules. By the time the lost girls are courting, the cameras will hopefully be well and truly switched off, so they don't have to be so extreme for the sake of shock value of 'omg they haven't even kissed or hugged properly before getting married!!!1' on television.

In 15 years, Kim Jong Bob will be retirement age and maybe have hit the point where he has loosened the reigns. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they are eventually forced to reevaluate the courtship model. It clearly didn't work for Josh, I don't think it is going to work with Jessa, the jury is still out for me on Derick and Jill (I want to see how they look after he's finally fully recovered from his surgery and not looking in perma-physical pain). Thrown in another couple of crappy marriages from courtships and I wouldn't be surprised if some howlers and lost girls are like 'you know what? This doesn't even work, I'm going to do it differently'. 

I think the lost girls stand the best chance, but I'm not super convinced it is a likely chance. It's hard to break out of cult. I wonder if they mightn't have a better chance of it while the cameras are on; most fundies are never exposed to a lot of new people and ideas but the Duggars increasingly have to be for the show (and to prove they are "just like us!"), maybe that'll give one of them ideas. 

Either way I hope that seeing their siblings issues gives them some pause, at least. I hope it's enough for one of 'em to break out (with or without the show, but I obviously sincerely hope without so JB isn't lining his pockets by farming out his kids to do disjointed menial tasks and various courtship storylines for cameras).

How much information are the younger kids exposed to?  They probably don't know the severity of what Josh did.  They're sheltered and I'm sure their parents will keep them sheltered as much as possible. 

45 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

How much information are the younger kids exposed to?  They probably don't know the severity of what Josh did.  They're sheltered and I'm sure their parents will keep them sheltered as much as possible. 

Josh has always seemed somewhat detached from the rest of the family, especially the younger kids. In hindsight, I wonder if that was intentional on the part of JB and Michelle, lest his "sins" rub off on the other kids. The howlers and little girls must have noticed a change, what with the first show being canceled and Josh having to return home and then disappear, but I'm sure they got a very distorted version of events.

Josiah is back in action on Instagram after a hiatus. 

"Liking" a bunch of Bates photos, particularly one with two of the single Bates girls.

Thoughts? Perhaps just being friendly. 

image.jpeg

On 3/27/2016 at 8:29 PM, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

And there's always the possibility of a failed courtship. Zach Bates, Josiah Duggar.

I firmly believe Kim Jong-Bob (:clap:) is pulling whatever strings he can to ensure that failed courtships are NOT associated with the Duggars. Throwing whatever he can at Si and definitely Marj to make sure they get back together.

9 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I firmly believe Kim Jong-Bob (:clap:) is pulling whatever strings he can to ensure that failed courtships are NOT associated with the Duggars. Throwing whatever he can at Si and definitely Marj to make sure they get back together.

Yeah, cause a failed courtship is so much worse than your 20 year old son marrying a woman he cherishes so much that he makes a profile on a cheating website shortly into their marriage.

Honestly, failed courtships are the least of the Duggar's image problems, but then again, in fundieland, things often are reversed, so a failed courtship might indeed be worse than adultery and molesting young girls.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2016 at 4:11 PM, ClaraOswin said:

As a redhead, I always liked Midge even though I only owned one. It was wedding day Midge. You could take off the bottom of her dress and she had a shorter skirt underneath. And then you add a purple jacket. Her husband, Alan, could switch out ties. I think it was meant to be their "going away" outfits or something. So dated. Love it.

Click here for photo.

I had Midge, and Barbie. The early ones from the early 60's. Midge had a flip that drove me crazy trying to keep neat. I also had a Skipper.

On 3/27/2016 at 0:18 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Jill is sucking the literal life out of Derick, and Ben is so over his marriage already I can practically see his interest waning in front of the camera.

Amen. I was stunned when watching a recent episode (Counting On...) at the change in Bin. Yikes. Derrick--I'll give a pass. He's wanted to do that type work. It's hard enough just doing it, but having to go back and forth between Mission Field and the Circus is tough, and having a camera in your face isn't easy either. Then there's whatever he had to have done to his jaw. And then there's my worry that she'll TRY to get pregnant to  prove to nay-sayers that God protected her. I don't think he's that crazy. On the whole, they stand a much better chance of making a go of marriage though. Bin and Jessa are like a middle school romance. If they actually are allowed to adopt that will be an added stressor (I am an adoptive mom)--I hope they are not allowed to adopt a child older than what's his name--Sponge Bob or Quincy or Whoever.

On 26/3/2016 at 5:42 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

The sad part is that the kids don't have any healthy marriages around them, so they'd probably grow up thinking this is normal. They don't know what a healthy relationship is like, so they can't compare.

On 3/28/2016 at 3:15 AM, pfled said:

Josiah is back in action on Instagram after a hiatus. 

"Liking" a bunch of Bates photos, particularly one with two of the single Bates girls.

Thoughts? Perhaps just being friendly. 

image.jpeg

Is he still allowed his insta even though he's not courting?

On 3/25/2016 at 11:52 PM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

In fairness to Marjorie, if I was 17 and "dating" a guy whose family was all over the news embroiled in a child sexual abuse scandal and the whole Ashley Madison thing, my parents would have been ripping me out of there faster than I could blink. It is not Josiah's fault any of this happened, but the Jacksons surely would have wanted to protect their daughter too. 

To me, it is way more about the way the Duggars reacted to the whole thing that I would want my child away from. I wouldn't try to end my 17 year old's relationship solely based on the actions of a sibling of the person she's seeing. Josiah presumably had nothing to do with any of it and could not have stopped Josh if he wanted to. But the way the Duggars reacted like "oh no biggie, just a little groping between sibs!" was really scary. THAT I would want my child far away from.

On 3/27/2016 at 11:18 PM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

It clearly didn't work for Josh, I don't think it is going to work with Jessa, the jury is still out for me on Derick and Jill (I want to see how they look after he's finally fully recovered from his surgery and not looking in perma-physical pain).

This is an interesting part to me. I see Josh and Anna staying together forever and being completely miserable. Ben and Jessa I can see divorcing, why on earth grown woman Jessa would want to spend her life with that seemingly immature teenager is beyond me. I think it will grow old so fast. Derrick and Jill I really don't know, I can see them staying together and being pretty happy. Hopefully they make real decisions on the size of their family, rather than the bigger the better, and hopefully they are content with what they have.

I'm torn on if Jessa will put up with Ben for show and adopt and stay faithful, or if she'll cheat like Josh, or if she'll just dump him. 

but she's clearly become aware there's more out there. 

2 hours ago, twinmama said:

Derrick and Jill I really don't know, I can see them staying together and being pretty happy. Hopefully they make real decisions on the size of their family, rather than the bigger the better, and hopefully they are content with what they have.

So they might have some hope. As long as they dont end up with a special needs baby due to that virus. That will be a stress that could have been easily avoided

I think Derrick and Jill seem to be quite a good match for one another, their life values may be skewed but they genuinely seemed interested in similar paths in the past.  If she doesn't allow the crazy need for "babybeez" to envelop her then they may have a chance. 

Where is Derrick's family from?  I'd have more hope for them if they didn't go back to Arkansas. 

What we have here is a bunch of arranged marriages, arranged by a guy who has very poor judgment. I think he just wanted to thin the herd & when any guy came knockin' he was like, "take her."

Did anybody catch when Jana was interviewed on the new show, she said, "It's nice to see your sibs get married & start dating..." WHAT?! She doesn't even know that you're supposed to date FIRST! But hey, it's their way.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived