IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

Barbies.  Loved em.  I had that motorhome, the super vette, the Dream House, clothes out the wazoo, and at least 10 dolls.  I still have a few, but they are beat to hell.  

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

That doesn't sound like someone taking courtship seriously though. Aren't they better than us because they only court with the purpose to marry?  How would it look if they went out and then broke up and then got back together.  May as well let the kids just 'date'. :)

Josiah and Marjorie were acting like teenagers going steady.  That's probably because they were just teenagers ... and still are!

They ended the courtship in August and then were photographed together at a fundraiser for Jill and Derek's "ministry" in October which made people speculate they were on again.  

I do not thin it is out of the realm of possibility that they announced an ending to the courtship to take media attention away from Marjorie in the wake of the scandals with Josh.  The two of them could have still been quietly "getting to know each other" all this time, thus retaining all of their respective heart pieces.  

4 hours ago, bashfulpixie said:

I was just thinking of the Turtle Tots and couldn't remember their name.  Didn't they come with bottles and stuff you could store in the shell?  I think I remember my brother taking one and throwing it in the pond in our backyard and being so upset that I couldn't feed my turtle baby anymore.   LOL.

Anyone remember Hugga Bunch?  I had the one with the pink hair as a kid.larger.jpg

I had this one. As an adult, I think they are a bit creepy looking now. Ha!

$_1.JPG

25 minutes ago, vienna said:

Announcing the end of the courtship as a way to take away media attention?

Yes. Because if they are not courting, there is nothing to pay attention to.

7 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Yes. Because if they are not courting, there is nothing to pay attention to.

Except the fact that they aren't courting. I feel like it brought more attention to them, especially her. But, I doubt they did it to "get privacy" cause he deleted every trace of her from his Instagram. You don't do that if you still have hope or if you're dating under the radar. That's "fuck you and everything about you!" territory. Not even Anna went that far. 

Plus, if they are back together, it's only going to bring negative attention because everyone else will have the same thought process: that it's a bit too convenient that their break up was benchmarked by the show being canceled and the show being reinstated. 

14 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

Plus, if they are back together, it's only going to bring negative attention because everyone else will have the same thought process: that it's a bit too convenient that their break up was benchmarked by the show being canceled and the show being reinstated. 

Got to admit, my first thought when I read the article was that it wouldn't surprise me if she is willing to get back together now that the show is back on the air.  

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

IDK, it isn't fuck you territory if she asked him to do it.  

Asked him to do what? As far as we know, he deleted the pictures on his own accord. I've never heard anything to say otherwise.

No dog in this fight - I just wish both of them happy, and away from this ridiculous circus!

On March 10, 2016 at 2:37 PM, QuiverDance said:

FFS, I'm speculating IN RESPONSE TO AN INVITATION TO SPECULATE.

Woah. Take a deep breath. I didn't say you can't speculate. You just stated it as fact, not as a speculation. Hence my question. 

On 3/9/2016 at 10:45 AM, Mela99 said:

I wonder if his comment about "Being the kind of man a girl wants to marry" was a shot at big brother...

If it wasn't a Duggar saying it, I would think that was actually a really nice way to think. Even as a Duggar it's kind of cool bc it is the man actually realizing that he has to put some effort into a relationship or being worthy of a woman. 

As for toys, my number one was always my Cabbage Patch Kids. I still have all of them and love them. But I went through a major Maple Town phase. There were animal families and houses and a tv show (I think). Loooooved them.

And while I had a bunch of Barbies, I liked the Heart Family way better. Makes me laugh now as they came with twins and I ended up having twins.

mapletown.jpg

heartfam.jpg

I had the Heart Family as well. They are classified as Barbies as well. I also had their family car. The mom's dress is something special.

I had a couple Maple Town animals as well as some Sylvanian Family ones too. Loved them.

Maple Town was definitely a TV show that I remember watching.  I also had the animals and house.  LOVED it and I often wonder what happened to it.

On 3/12/2016 at 4:20 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

Maple Town was definitely a TV show that I remember watching.  I also had the animals and house.  LOVED it and I often wonder what happened to it.

There is something similar called Calico Critters that I see in Target all the time.

5 minutes ago, twinmama said:

There is something similar called Calico Critters that I see in Target all the time.

So in other words, something to get my niece hooked on?

1 minute ago, 19 cats and counting said:

So in other words, something to get my niece hooked on?

Totally! I'd get it for my boys but they are really into super heroes right now (though I did get my little Elsa loving boy an Elsa barbie for Easter! I can't wait to see his face! lol).

I can see it now "No no, Auntie 19 Cats wants to be the rabbit family. You are the bears Niece 19 Cats!"

Calico Critters (also called Sylvanian Families) have been around for a few decades now. They actually "won" against Maple Town.

On 3/10/2016 at 4:01 PM, Bad Wolf said:

Well, if Marjorie and Josiah are back on, I will find it very suspicious. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the courtship ending with the demise of the show, and starting up again when it comes back, just seems unlikely. It would have been a great time to court, out of the limelight. Shame on Marjorie if this is so.

Some may now look upon Marjorie suspiciously if they're back on, yes. Maybe she genuinely felt it was the wrong time to be courting and wanted to cool off until the family got the Josh fiasco sorted. Maybe she is a "gold digger" and wants the fame. We may never know. I just hope whatever happens is best for both Marjorie and Josiah.

On 3/12/2016 at 10:03 AM, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

Woah. Take a deep breath. I didn't say you can't speculate. You just stated it as fact, not as a speculation. Hence my question. 

On 3/9/2016 at 1:04 PM, QuiverDance said:

They ended the courtship in August and then were photographed together at a fundraiser for Jill and Derek's "ministry" in October which made people speculate they were on again.  

I do not thin it is out of the realm of possibility that they announced an ending to the courtship to take media attention away from Marjorie in the wake of the scandals with Josh.  The two of them could have still been quietly "getting to know each other" all this time, thus retaining all of their respective heart pieces.  

I absolutely did not state anything as fact.  Not that it matters.  If you don't agree with my opinions, fine.  

I think if they get back together...the timing is a bit suspect. Especially with how enthusiastic she was to be on camera for their courtship announcement.

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I think if they get back together...the timing is a bit suspect. Especially with how enthusiastic she was to be on camera for their courtship announcement.

I completely agree the timing would be suspect. Especially since the timing of the end of the courtship was around the time the show ended (temporarily) since the show is now back on and if she got back together with him now I am inclined to say she's in it for the fame and not for the godly reason of marriage.

41 minutes ago, Diggingupdirt said:

I completely agree the timing would be suspect. Especially since the timing of the end of the courtship was around the time the show ended (temporarily) since the show is now back on and if she got back together with him now I am inclined to say she's in it for the fame and not for the godly reason of marriage.

You would also think if his parents had brains (who are we kidding here) that they would also see such a thing as suspect and tell Siah that maybe he and Marj shouldn't date court.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived