IGNORED

Maxwells had a photoshoot

Dru

Okay, so I saw this photo in the blog post and couldn't help but have a little fun with it.  I thought I'd share with y'all!  :my_biggrin:

maxwell.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I really want a Pepsi!" :pb_lol:

Another gem from The Great Conversationalist: "Too cute! I love Anna Marie’s sweater. Is it homemade?

No"

I don't think Anna Marie looks pregnant. If anything, I think this is the most slender she's ever been. She hides it well with those frumpers, though. 

Methinks Mary defines "coordinated" as "homely" because there are a couple of sweaters I'd like to burn in in very heathenish manner. 

Sue says:

Everyone is looking at the camera, and smiling, even the little ones! That is quite an accomplishment!  I have 4 children, and I know how difficult it is to get a really quality picture, with everyone looking happy – we don’t have too many of those! I always enjoy seeing pics of your growing family.

Maybe it helps that they’ve grown up around cameras. 

Good thing Nat and Mel decided not to be missionaries, as there are no cameras in Africa and the kids would have no clue what to do when they saw one.

<snip>I also agree that Calia looks oddly small in the last photo.<snip>

That was my first thought on viewing this photo as well.  I know babies can be pretty tiny when first born.  I have a picture of my mom holding my son a couple of days after he was born, and he was tiny.  But he gained weight every day and grew so quickly.  Calia still looks about the same size as the first newborn photos they posted.  However, I can't recall exactly when she was born - was it a week ago, two weeks, longer?  Hope the little girl is thriving and doing all right.

That was my first thought on viewing this photo as well.  I know babies can be pretty tiny when first born.  I have a picture of my mom holding my son a couple of days after he was born, and he was tiny.  But he gained weight every day and grew so quickly.  Calia still looks about the same size as the first newborn photos they posted.  However, I can't recall exactly when she was born - was it a week ago, two weeks, longer?  Hope the little girl is thriving and doing all right.

She was born October 4th, so she's almost 7 weeks old. 

She was born October 4th, so she's almost 7 weeks old. 

Do we know when the picture was taken?

Anna's look in this picture makes me think that E didn't bring a blanket for the baby and Anna is thinking "seriously woman, here use this one to cover that poor cold baby".  

The blue blanket makes me think it's borrowed. 

IMG_7265-2.jpg

I'm thinking again how complicated they make things.  My husband's family reunion a couple of years ago included 45 people from 4 generations and we had a professional photographer come out and he took pictures.  he took them in every conceivable combination.  Siblings, cousins, generations, parents and children, couples, inlaws only-- tons of pictures.  within a couple, possibly 3 hours, not only had we taken all the pictures, even herding toddlers and getting 90 year old re situated, but  he had printed off CDs of the photos for each family to take home.... Great pictures, and so much easier than the Maxwells made their event seem. 

Why do they think we need a behind the scenes view of people having their picture taken?

I'm thinking again how complicated they make things.  My husband's family reunion a couple of years ago included 45 people from 4 generations and we had a professional photographer come out and he took pictures.  he took them in every conceivable combination.  Siblings, cousins, generations, parents and children, couples, inlaws only-- tons of pictures.  within a couple, possibly 3 hours, not only had we taken all the pictures, even herding toddlers and getting 90 year old re situated, but  he had printed off CDs of the photos for each family to take home.... Great pictures, and so much easier than the Maxwells made their event seem. 

Why do they think we need a behind the scenes view of people having their picture taken?

Because they're the Maxwells, god's gift to True Christians. They're the only ones to do it right. Plus, Steve said so. And I bet he had Teri put it on the schedule. YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE SCHEDULE!

I was at a family reunion this summer.  I think there were around 30ish people there.  It took all of 10 minutes to take the family photo.

Not that hard Maxwells, really its just not that hard.

Wonder if after the photo session if they made notes of what went well, and what didn't so they can improve upon it next year.

I was at a family reunion this summer.  I think there were around 30ish people there.  It took all of 10 minutes to take the family photo.

Not that hard Maxwells, really its just not that hard.

Wonder if after the photo session if they made notes of what went well, and what didn't so they can improve upon it next year.

Does this mean that you and your family grew up around cameras? :kitty-wink: 

I wish I could like this a few more times! :pb_lol: Either that was HILARIOUS or being sick and drugs are making me delirious! :laughing-rolling:

Duh how stupid of me! Of course this is the reason why!!  It is just such a rare thing to grow up with cameras that it never dawned on me this must be the reason.

Good thing Nat and Mel decided not to be missionaries, as there are no cameras in Africa and the kids would have no clue what to do when they saw one.

Poor Africa.  No cameras, no marshmallows...

Poor Africa.  No cameras, no marshmallows...

And apparently no Maxwells!

This is one of the things I really hate about Steve, he has raised his children to believe that a family photo op is so big and so important that it makes for exciting blog entry-- even when there are no mishaps or funny moments.  I truly believe Sarah does feel that the "behind the scenes" is a fascinating look at a momentous event.  Poor Sarah.  Her daily life is so devoid of meaningful accomplishments.  It really does break my heart that she can never go to college or have a career or have a family.  Instead she will always be the loving and dutiful daughter to that narcissist from hell, Stevhovah, and a slave to Teri's scheduling-- forever dusting ceiling fans.

Hahaha.   I'm sure Terri did this as soon as she got home so she didn't forget a detail. 

I just had an aha moment. Maybe efficiency planning is actually fun for them. It gives them a productive, non-sinful, family-oriented  challenge to work towards. It's not like they are allowed many hobbies, and as we've read between the lines over the years, they seem to always be creating work for themselves to fill up the time.

I can understand the fun of setting up personal efficiency challenges for yourself. For instance, my Dad puts a lot of thought and effort into changing how he drives (his routes, his mph, etc.) to maximize his standard car's gas mileage. It saves a little money but also is another challenge for his very active brain.

But the Maxwells just have to take it all to the Max, don't they.

But does your dad blog about that kind of thing? Regularly? To the exclusion of more interesting topics?

If yes to all of the above, I'm guessing it's still at least a better written blog than the Maxwells'.

And apparently no Maxwells!

This is one of the things I really hate about Steve, he has raised his children to believe that a family photo op is so big and so important that it makes for exciting blog entry-- even when there are no mishaps or funny moments.  I truly believe Sarah does feel that the "behind the scenes" is a fascinating look at a momentous event.  Poor Sarah.  Her daily life is so devoid of meaningful accomplishments.  It really does break my heart that she can never go to college or have a career or have a family.  Instead she will always be the loving and dutiful daughter to that narcissist from hell, Stevhovah, and a slave to Teri's scheduling-- forever dusting ceiling fans.

I think this is a big deal for them because it's something different from their boring lives of eating the same burritos, cleaning ceiling fans and thinking of where they go when they die. A trip to a new grocery store is probably as big a deal as going to Disneyland is for the rest of us. 

Hahaha.   I'm sure Terri did this as soon as she got home so she didn't forget a detail. 

It was almost certainly scheduled for the first 20 minute block upon returning to Maxhell HQ, with Anna carefully scheduled to take over Teri's usual duties during that time and Mary scheduled to wake up early the next day to make up whatever scheduled task Anna neglected so she could fill in for Teri.

They are the masters of makework.

But does your dad blog about that kind of thing? Regularly? To the exclusion of more interesting topics?

If yes to all of the above, I'm guessing it's still at least a better written blog than the Maxwells'.

I don't think the Maxwells do anything more interesting than scheduling tbh. Even their "greatest hits" are all pretty dull. Cheese paper, anyone?

No. I guess we fail in our duty to Encourage Other FamiliesTM. :pb_cry:

Archived