IGNORED

Maxwells had a photoshoot

Dru

I see Bethany brought her Over It face. Her photos are always amazing.

ETA: In the second to last picture Jesse is checking his phone. Unless he's taking calls from The Elderly, isn't everyone he knows in the park with him right now? Who are you talking to, Jesse?

Maybe he is looking at his Bible app? I noticed my son had the Bible app the other day. He came to the school assembly late and had to sit with the "I got my eagle scout at 14 and have been saving every penny for my mission since birth" group and they took his phone and downloaded the Bible app and told him to read it every morning at 6am. My poor son doesn't want to hurt their feelings and delete it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now when I see everyone on their phones I'm going to wonder if they are reading a bible app. Unless they are inappropriately dressed, I guess. I almost want to get a bible app just to see it. 

Ehh, I'll cut Chris some slack on that one. It's a natural enough place to put a free hand and it's leagues better than the Claw of Possession some Maxwells insist on placing on their wives.

Can we have 'Claw of Possession' as a post count?

Conveniently scheduled photo shoot at the conclusion of Steve's fast. To capture him at his most svelte.

Actually, they've taken this photo a while a go. I saw it on their About page before the fast started. Sarah just posted the super thrilling "making of" later.

I think NR Anna, Christopher and their kids look really good together as a family unit (colourwise). They're all wearing denim, plus brown for the guys and NR Anna and red for the girls. I'm assuming NR Anna picked out their outfits. She obviously cared about them looking nice together in the picture.

Nathan and Melanie's family? Not so much ... Even just the three girls don't look good together. And Bethany's summery outfit looks weird in the late fall setting of the pic.

Joseph and Elissa don't match well either. They seem to have listened to Mary's instructions though. They're wearing red, orange, brown and denim.

I don't like those over the top matchy-matchy pics some people take, but the Maxwell need to rethink their colour choices.

They probably don't have too much experience with outfit coordination because they always wore uniforms for their weird incestuous-y looking family photos before...

I agree that NR Anna did a good job with her family.  Her sweater has a bit of red in it to pull together the girls' tops with the guys'.  Nathan's girls, at first glance, look like they are wearing pink or coral. When I saw them in the first picture I thought maybe they were going to change the little ones' clothing later; but no, they did indeed dress the little girls in summer clothes for a fall shoot. 

I thought Elissa might handle a fashion assignment a little better, unless Joseph, as the headship, chose their clothing.  I don't see a bit of coordination in the OfJoseph clan. I think the baby is wearing pink too, which is fine for a baby girl but not when the instructions call for red, orange  or brown.  I am shocked....shocked I tell you!

Upon further reflection, I don't think the photo is that bad. I remember Maxwell photo shoots where pictures were taken from below, making them look like smug invaders. I'll take warm, but awkward, family photo any day.

I see Bethany brought her Over It face. Her photos are always amazing.

ETA: In the second to last picture Jesse is checking his phone. Unless he's taking calls from The Elderly, isn't everyone he knows in the park with him right now? Who are you talking to, Jesse?

Nathan is looking at his phone too.  Maybe they are IM'ing each other. :pb_lol:

Can we have 'Claw of Possession' as a post count?

As the one who coined it, I think it should be a little meatier if it becomes a post title. Like, The Possessive Claw of Matrimony or The Possessive Claw of Maxhell. 

I like the colours.  It's blue/denim, brown, and red (or possibly red/orange).  It goes without matching and lets people show their individuality (which I never thought would be allowed in Maxhell).  I'm not a fan of the photos where everyone wears the same colour tops and bottoms, it looks like they are in uniform or a cult ;)

For people more unfamiliar with the Maxwell's than I am the family groupings are:
Far left - wife, husband and three kids
Mid left - wife, husband and baby
Far right - wife, husband and four children
Middle - Steeve and Terry with five adult children, three females and two males.

I like the colours.  It's blue/denim, brown, and red (or possibly red/orange).  It goes without matching and lets people show their individuality (which I never thought would be allowed in Maxhell).  I'm not a fan of the photos where everyone wears the same colour tops and bottoms, it looks like they are in uniform or a cult ;)

For people more unfamiliar with the Maxwell's than I am the family groupings are:
Middle - Steeve and Terry with five adult children, three females and two males.

I would agree with your matching colour assessment if it weren't for Sarah stating that Mary decided on colour choices, from which the Maxwell's were to choose. I cannot stress enough that Mary chose the colours from which they all were to choose. 

Your family breakdown is awesome. 

I would agree with your matching colour assessment if it weren't for Sarah stating that Mary decided on colour choices, from which the Maxwell's were to choose. I cannot stress enough that Mary chose the colours from which they all were to choose. 

Your family breakdown is awesome. 

Then I guess they are just allowed to haven individuality within very narrow parameters... just like Maxhell! You can wear whatever you want... as long as it's approved by the borg

Then I guess they are just allowed to haven individuality within very narrow parameters... just like Maxhell! You can wear whatever you want... as long as it's approved by the borg

Exactly!  Perfectly stated. They are all extremely individualistic, except they aren't. 

I think the photo looks like they were enjoying an outside family gathering and someone said "hey we should get a picture since we're all here."  It certainly doesn't look like they coordinated their outfits.  How could they NOT do a better job of coordinating?!? They all practically live together. It would have been so easy to check out options in each closet.  Unless they did that and they still came up with this.  :my_confused:

I do love the children in the wagon - very cute.  And, just as I suspected, Lydia is a very pretty baby. She looks a lot like her big sister.  Speaking of babies...how old is Calia?  She looks very tiny in this photo but I can't remember when she was born, nor am I sure when the photo was taken.

I confess to being a sucker for family photos but we've only done it twice since our kids left home and married. Of course, just recently at our daughter's wedding we had a few taken.  Two years ago, when our son was stationed overseas, we were lucky enough to meet halfway for Christmas.  I did hire a photographer to take some family shots one day because with a Marine in the family, you're never sure when you'll all be together.  My daughter, daughter-in-law and I coordinated the outfits via email. We basically decided on khaki shorts or capris and sunset colored tops/shirts since we were at a tropical location (lavender, coral and aqua)  Very simple but they turned out so beautifully. My favorite shots are from when the photographer just kept shooting between poses. She caught some beautiful shots of us interacting as a family and it was worth every penny.  Also, it was a really fun day. Even my anti-photo son said it was great. 

Calia's about a month old. Of course, she still would be small, but in the photo she looks weirdly small, IYSWIM- like a tiny, thin baby. Or like a doll. It might just be the odd angle though. Elissa's holding her and clearly trying to prop her up a bit to make her more visible, but it looks a little strange. It probably doesn't help that Calia's wearing a headband with an enormous flower on it- the flower's almost as big as her head. Calia weighed 5lbs 3oz at birth, which is quite small. She might have been a preemie (although not really preemie, more like 35-37 weeks). Full term babies are approx 7lbs (give or take of course). Maybe that's partially why, as well.

Maybe it's just my family being weird then, but most of us have weighed 5 pounds (or less) at birth. I thought that was the low end of the normal range.

Maybe it's just my family being weird then, but most of us have weighed 5 pounds (or less) at birth. I thought that was the low end of the normal range.

Eh, fair. I googled it and 5lbs appears to be the low end of the normal range, indeed. I was much more average at 7lbs 11oz. 

I think the photo is one of the nicest they've ever had, but maybe that isn't a great recommendation...

The picture looks very heavily post-processed.  If you zoom in, all of their faces have a whitish glow, which could be oil and sweat, but since this was taken in the park on a cool day, it looks more like the editing has gone wrong somewhere.

The whole blog post is a metaphor for Maxwell life. They spend their days talking about nothing, and working really hard on problems of their own creation. And the end result is a smiley, over-processed product which bears little relation to reality.

I hate that vest Sarah is wearing. It swamps her tiny frame and is too casual for the photo.

I think NR Anna looks pregnant in the waiting around pics, but it could just be the result of 3 babies in 4 years. Still, it must be quite a bump to show through that huge frumper.

From the photoshoot blog post comments: 

Sue says:

Everyone is looking at the camera, and smiling, even the little ones! That is quite an accomplishment!  I have 4 children, and I know how difficult it is to get a really quality picture, with everyone looking happy – we don’t have too many of those! I always enjoy seeing pics of your growing family.

Maybe it helps that they’ve grown up around cameras. 

Yet another condescending gem from those Great ConversationalistsTM

I hate that vest Sarah is wearing. It swamps her tiny frame and is too casual for the photo.

I think NR Anna looks pregnant in the waiting around pics, but it could just be the result of 3 babies in 4 years. Still, it must be quite a bump to show through that huge frumper.

At first I thought it was a fishing/hunting vest and made a total WTF face. Then I realized it's a sweater vest and I think I have the same one. It is now in the donation pile. 

I like the colors too. I choose to believe that Nathan and Melanie phoned it in because they're drifting away from Maxhell. Subvert where you can, Melanie. 

Calia's does seem tiny.  I do wonder if she was born early (like stated above). I doubt they would say anything though. 

The Maxwell's said she was born at term when a few people asked after she was born. I agree she looks so tiny. Maybe I have been looking at those big Duggars babies to much. The Duggars grandsons were almost double Calia's weight at birth.

I had a baby that was 4 lbs 11 oz and close to term. Babies are suppose to triple their birth weight in the first year, her goal was to quadruple her weight. AT 10 months she was 12 lbs and started saying a few words and walking. I was having heart surgery and she was in the carrier  and she would say hi to the staff coming in my room and most were shocked or looking for a hidden camera and then they would see her walk and it had to do a double take. One thing that I noticed is dressing in those sleeper made her look smaller, which may be the case for Calia. If I put my daughter in a dress or pants and top she seemed larger then she was.

I like the colors too. I choose to believe that Nathan and Melanie phoned it in because they're drifting away from Maxhell. Subvert where you can, Melanie. 

Isn't Melanie the one who has worn her own cardigan sometimes, when the others have made her a pinafore dress to match their own? I don't blame her for putting her kids in pink.  I don't like pink much, but if I were ordered to wear red/orange by a young whippersnapper of a homeschool graduate "creative", I might deck myself out in pink just to protest! ;)

Archived