IGNORED

Maxwells had a photoshoot

Dru

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that planning, coordination, dressing, fussing, anxiety and pseudo-work.  For a photo.  To glorify themselves.

And the photo isn't even that good.

They sure do work hard at making sure the extended family isn't too close to the immediate family. They are so far apart they could have just photo-shopped everyone in the picture. Also, someone needs to explain to Sarah and Mary that you are not color coordinated just because everyone has on a denim item. I will admit that I love kids in wagons. Just makes them cuter for some reason. 

Calia looks weirdly small in that photo. The angle makes her look like a miniature doll, or something. That headflower she's got on looks bigger than her entire head. 

Bethany's got a weird expression.

And damn. Nathan's hairline. We talk about how the Duggar boys have receding hairlines at a young age, but Nathan is almost bald. He's not even 40. He looks way older, and it's not just the receding hairline. 

I have to agree about the coordination. It was better (coordination-wise) when the women all wore matching frumpers and the guys wore shirts in the same colour as the frumpers, with beige slacks. 

Does anyone else think Melanie Maxwell might be pregnant?

Creepy-eyed Nathan posted the 1 Ton Ramp closure on 8 Oct and referenced that he usually only posts with baby news, nothing this time, but 'hopefully soon'.

The last unobstructed photo was when Anna Marie hosted a surprise party for Sarah. She could be pregnant, or just a woman who has had several kids. This was 27 Oct. Her torso has been blocked in photos ever since.

Am I wildly speculating or am I onto something?

ISB tickets available to the left, I'll bring the wine.

I think Elissa looks nice - like she has her hair professionally cut and she's wearing the most up-to-date clothes of everyone. It's good, for a Maxwell.

Such strange groupings - I think anyone unfamiliar with them would likely make assumptions about them along the lines of:

Christopher and Anna Marie appearing like they're a family of 5 - which is the one bit that's most 'defined' and obviously accurate.

It looks like Joseph & Elissa have a baby and a young adult (Sarah)

Jesse and Mary look like they are the 'unattached' kids in the family with Teri and Steve.

Anna looks like she's married to Josh and they have Tina as their daughter.

And it looks like Nathan and Melanie have Abigail, Bethany, and Drew.

While not as blatant as when in the past they'd have larger spaces between the groupings, I still think it's yet another demonstration of the strange/awkward/etc. photo skills of Christopher.

I think it would have been better if Sarah had not mentioned that Mary chose colors they could choose outfits from (Sarah's wording, not mine).  Either they did not choose from said colors, or Mary chose every color from which to choose!

Also, Teri looks like a cardboard cutout that they moved from the first (bad) location to the second (good) location.

I think the final photo is quite nice. Do you guys constantly gather your massive families for posed photos?  Am I failing as the family matriarch?

Those Maxwell family phots surely do look a little incestuous, don't they? It always looks like John and Anna are a couple. Blegh. 

I looked at that sadness of a weirdly arranged family picture and kept wondering, why would you take a family picture at the end of November when all the nice fall colors are gone? It looks so sad and like the congregation of a wake or something. 

-Suddenly it hit me: It's the Maxwells. 

I looked at that sadness of a weirdly arranged family picture and kept wondering, why would you take a family picture at the end of November when all the nice fall colors are gone?

fall colors might stir up feelings of joy, can't have that in Maxhell :naughty:

They're making idols of themselves!  Gee Steve...next thing we know, this wild crew will be mimicking the Kardashian Kristmas photos (which is giving me some great Photoshop ideas).

We Finally see baby Lydia's face since her newborn photos!! Yay!

The Maxwell Family needs to learn how to match outfits from the Bates Family or even the Paine Family. The most recent Paine Family photo shoot has all family members wearing white tops and denim skirts or pants. Their photos looked so much better. Maybe the Maxwell Family could have gone with red tops and denim bottoms.

Why did Joseph have to setup the lights? Shouldn't that be Christopher's job since he is the professional photographer? Does Joseph own the lights? Maybe I am confused due to Sarah's writing style.

I agree with the other posters that Joshua and Ruthanne in the wagon is adorable.

I would have loved to seen a photo only of the grandchildren. 

Ruthanne and Lydia look so close in age! I guess they must be, wow. And I agree with everyone else that the colors don't match well and the photo should have been done a month ago with the autumn colors. The Maxwells constantly take staged family photos because they. have. nothing. else. 

Yeah, I do not like how they grouped people in the picture. It looks really stilted and staged. Joseph and Elissa (and their daughter) actually took a good picture- the three of them look really sweet. Also is Sarah on a stool or is she just that short compared to her siblings? 

I think it would have been better if Sarah had not mentioned that Mary chose colors they could choose outfits from (Sarah's wording, not mine).  Either they did not choose from said colors, or Mary chose every color from which to choose!

Also, Teri looks like a cardboard cutout that they moved from the first (bad) location to the second (good) location.

I think the final photo is quite nice. Do you guys constantly gather your massive families for posed photos?  Am I failing as the family matriarch?

Yes, you are a failure. And the wrong kind of Christian.

Yes, you are a failure. And the wrong kind of Christian.

Oh, dear. It's much worse than that, though, as I am atheist!  So I am a failure as a mother and as a human. Shit, that doesn't bode well for me at all.

For a Maxwell picture, I think it looks quite nice. At least there's not some kind of death banner hanging behind them.

The "amazing" lighting in the final photo makes the photo look like it's taken on a stage in front of backdrop. I also think there are too many different patterns so the outfits don't really go together at all.

Archived