IGNORED

Mallys and Bright Lights and Weddings

clueliss

They got a computer virus and managed to twist God into it.  

This email contains graphics, so if you don't see them, view it in your browser.

Dear Friends,

Hello from the Mally family and Bright Lights staff!

Emergency at the Bright Lights Office (excerpt from Speak Truth in Your Heart by Sarah Mally)
Oh no! I thought, as I overheard Grace on the phone with Stephen. I could tell something was wrong. A minute later, I received urgent instructions: “Shut down every computer in the office immediately. We have a virus.”

We have a virus? How did we get it? I don’t remember clicking on any suspicious links! But Stephen didn’t have time for questions. He rushed over to our office in hopes of stopping the virus before everything was infected.

We were not the only ones panicking. On that same day 230,000 computers in over 150 countries were hit by this same computer virus, called WannaCry. This particular virus is very destructive. It encrypts files in a matter of minutes, making them inaccessible.

Everything came to a halt as we tried to deal with the emergency situation in front of us. At our office we have over a dozen computers, a server, and much important data. What if we lost it all?

The scary thing about a virus is that it spreads quickly! Did you know that lies are the same way? Just as a computer virus can quickly infect your entire network, so a lie that you believe will not remain alone or inactive—it will begin to permeate every part of your thinking.

I can’t trust God anymore. I have to take care of things myself, a friend of mine decided. This lie led to other lies, reaching its tentacles deeply into her mind and heart. Later, she said, “This wrong view of God was hurting every area of my life: my relationship with God, my parents, friends, and the way I viewed myself.” She was angry and depressed, but she couldn’t fix any of her problems because she wasn’t willing to let go of the lie. “I couldn’t bring myself to believe that God was who He said He was,” she explained. It wasn’t until she pinpointed and rejected this lie, and submitted to the truth of who God is, that she found freedom from the bondage she was in.

A computer virus can bring about great loss, but a lie can bring about a much greater loss: it devastates your soul.

Stephen had our computers backed up, but the virus had already begun to infect the backup. Thankfully, Stephen had a second backup system in place. Because of this, he was able to recover everything! We sure praised the Lord that night! Yet, it was a long, tedious process for Stephen.

That’s not the end of the story. Over a month later, Stephen found the virus in one of our files. This alarmed us. We thought it was gone! Now Stephen had even more work to do, as he meticulously checked each backup file. But we knew we had to get rid of that virus, no matter what! This is what often happens in our minds as well. We may think a lie is gone, and then find ourselves believing that very same lie again.

That’s why we need to not simply eliminate the lie, but replace it with a fortress of truth, so it can’t come back! If we want to be quick to identify falsehoods about God’s character, then the truth about who God is must be firmly established in our hearts. We want to be people who know our God! Knowing Him is the greatest adventure on earth.

Resurrection Day Tracts
Easter is right around the corner, and with it comes many open doors for the gospel. Several years ago we wrote a tract titled, “Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.” It is a useful resource to give away during the Easter season. It briefly takes a look at six key evidences: hundreds of eye-witnesses, enemy eye-witnesses unable to refute the facts, His followers wouldn’t die for a known lie, the rapid spread of Christianity, the reliability of the New Testament, and fulfilled prophecy. The tract also debunks a few common questions: Did His followers steal the body? Maybe Jesus wasn’t really dead? Lastly, it explains the significance: If Jesus is dead, we have no hope. But if He is alive, He demonstrated that He is indeed Almighty God and has power over death—not only to raise Himself, but to give eternal life to all who trust in Him. Read or order the tract here. 

Conferences in Council Bluffs, Iowa
These conferences are less than a month away! We would appreciate prayer for the Lord to bring many attendees and to work mightily in the lives of young women, young men, and parents!

The Strong in the Lord Conference is for girls ages 8-14, plus parents. What are the basics for a young lady seeking to follow Christ? This conference challenges girls to be in God’s Word daily, to build strong relationships with parents and siblings, to avoid wrong influences, to share the gospel with friends and neighbors, and to seek Jesus with all their heart.

The Radiant Purity Conference is for girls ages 12-22, plus parents. It will help girls explore God’s Word as they seek to honor the Lord in their relationships and walk in purity. This conference will cover topics such as Finding Security in Christ; Christ-centered Social Media; Truth over Emotions; Recognizing Lies of the Enemy; Crushes, Disappointments and Desires; and Using Your Years of Singleness for God. Most of all, it will encourage girls to delight in Jesus, the One who truly satisfies!
Both girls’ conferences include humorous skits, a chalk talk, harp music, godly mentoring by small group leaders, and practical Biblical teaching.

The Stand Fast Conference is for young men ages 12-18, plus fathers. Topics will include: Being Christ-Centered and Cross-Centered; Bible Reading and Prayer; Defending the Faith; Overcoming Temptations; Humility in Family Relationships; Being Ministry Minded; Treating Girls with Honor; and Discipling and Being Discipled. “For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord” (1 Thess. 3:8). This conference will have limited space and therefore be open to only the first 50 who register. 

Click here to go to our conference registration page.
Please let us know if you would like us to send you an informational email about the conferences that you can share with friends.

Conference in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

The Just Men Conference is for men 16 and up. The need in our day is for a new generation of young men to rise up who are “just” and whom God can use for His glory and His Kingdom (1 John 2:14). We were very encouraged by last year’s Just Men conference and we look forward to seeing how the Lord works this year. The goal for this conference is to build and strengthen the future leadership in the Body of Christ, establish a growing fellowship of “just men” who have a working relationship in the various ministries God gives them, and to strengthen future marriages and families by laying essential Biblical foundations. There is a limited capacity of 50 men for this conference. 

Online Resource Special:

Buy one copy of Speak Truth in Your Heart for $12.00 and get a second copy free.

Joni Eareckson Tada says, “Years ago, as a young adult facing a lifetime of quadriplegia, I fell prey to many cultural lies—I almost convinced myself that I’d be ‘better off dead than disabled,’ a lie promoted in dark corners of our society. Thankfully, the Word of God rescued me, especially as I opened my ears to its truth, and began reciting—even memorizing—its life-changing insights. Speaking God’s truth to myself made all the difference between life and death. This is why I give a double thumbs-up to Sarah Mally’s new book, Speak Truth in Your Heart. Powerful and practical, it will explain not only the value of biblical truth, but how to weave God’s truth into every fiber of your being.”

This offer will be honored on our online store through May 1st. At checkout, use promocode: truth2019

Upcoming Schedule

April 5-6, Answers for Women, Kentucky (booth only)
April 17-21, Answering Atheists, Kentucky (booth only)
April 23-24, Strong in the Lord Conference, Council Bluffs, Iowa
April 26-27, Radiant Purity Conference, Council Bluffs, Iowa
April 26-27, Stand Fast Conference (for young men ages 12-18), Council Bluffs, Iowa  
May 29-30, Leaders Training Conference, Camp Berea, Mexico
May 31-June 2, Speak Truth in Your Heart Conference, Camp Berea, Mexico
June 14-16, Just Men Conference, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (for men ages 16+)
August 8-11, Testify Training Camp, Des Moines, Iowa
August 15-19, Testify Training Camp 2, Des Moines, Iowa

God bless you and your families!

The Mally Family and Bright Lights Staff

Tomorrow's Forefathers, Inc.
945 7th Ave
Marion, Iowa 52302

And I don't think I shared the March newsletter

Mally Family info@tomorrowsforefathers.com via smtpcorp.com 

Sun, Mar 3, 2:44 PM

to me

This email contains graphics, so if you don't see them, view it in your browser.

Dear Friends,

Hello from the Mally family and Bright Lights staff! We’d like to share with you this sad, yet beautiful story which we heard recently from Melodie Kirk, our good friend who has helped as a leader at many Bright Lights conferences.

“On Her 20th Birthday … ” – Melodie Kirk   
It was December 29, 2018 – almost New Years.

Sometime between 6 and 7 am, I got a text from someone who wasn’t in my contacts. “Melodie, I found this number on the Whatcom Co Farm Bureau website. I'm looking for Melodie Kirk that my daughter, Rosella Pettrey, met at a Bright Lights conference and used to write to. Is that you?”

I immediately remembered who Rosella was and responded, “Yes, you got the right person. I remember Rosella! How is she?”

The response I received stunned, amazed me, and quickly brought tears. “She is rejoicing and praising the Lord continually. It is hard to text it, but on her 20th birthday due to snowy road conditions, she lost control of her car, had an accident and was welcomed into the arms of Christ. In going through her things I found a lot of letters she saved from you and some she wrote you but never sent. You made a significant impact on her life. She served the Lord fully and impacted more lives than she ever knew. If you would like, I can mail you the letters. There was also a necklace with a note on it that said ‘send to Melodie’ with your address that apparently, she never mailed…”

I was stunned with the news. Rosella had completed her life race and was with Jesus! But…who, me? I had a significant impact on her life? How? I had just been her small group leader at a Bright Lights conference in Ohio in 2011… I had just been a pen pal for a couple of years before it dropped off as we both grew older and busier. It seemed like I had done so little…but I got to see and learn that God works in amazing ways.

He loves to use small and seemingly insignificant things to make a big impact. You might never know the impact that one smile and kind word could have on someone. Whether it is a simple conversation or long-term mentorship, I encourage you to be attentive to the voice of God and invest in others.

Last month I received a package from Rosella’s mother. Included with the packet of letters we had written were two US quarters from the states that Rosella & I lived in. They were glued together with some chain and string forming a pendant. I now keep it on my keychain as a physical reminder to keep investing in people…leaving the results with God.

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” – Matt 6:33

St. Patrick’s Tracts
St. Patrick’s Day is coming up on March 17th! It’s time to be prepared with “History of St. Patrick” tracts to give away. This tract tells a brief story of Patrick’s life, and then explains the message he preached, giving a simple and clear gospel presentation. People usually receive the tract warmly, and they are often curious about the life of St. Patrick.
Ideas: give them away to neighbors with plates of green cookies, check if there is a St. Patrick parade in your area and arrange a group of people to hand them out (you can easily give them away by the thousands at a parade), or keep them in your purse or pocket to give to people that you meet. Say, “Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Here is the history of St. Patrick for you to read.”

Holidays open up doors for ministry! We encourage you to make the most of the opportunity. Read or order the tract here. 

Conferences in Council Bluffs, Iowa
These conferences are less than two months away! We would appreciate prayer for the Lord to bring many attendees and to work mightily in the lives of young women, young men, and parents!

The Strong in the Lord Conference is for girls ages 8-14, plus parents. What are the basics for a young lady seeking to follow Christ? This conference challenges girls to be in God’s Word daily, to build strong relationships with parents and siblings, to avoid wrong influences, to share the gospel, and to seek Jesus with all their heart.

The Radiant Purity Conference is for girls ages 12-22, plus parents. It will help girls explore God’s Word as they seek to honor the Lord in their relationships and walk in purity. This conference will cover topics such as Finding Security in Christ; Christ-centered Social Media; Truth over Emotions; Recognizing Lies of the Enemy; Crushes, Disappoints, and Desires; and Using Your Years of Singleness for God. Most of all, it will encourage girls to delight in Jesus, the One who truly satisfies!  
Both girls’ conferences include humorous skits, a chalk talk, harp music, godly mentoring, and practical Biblical teaching.

The Stand Fast Conference is for young men ages 12-18, plus fathers. Topics will include: Bible Reading, Study and Memorization; Defending the Faith; Overcoming Temptations; Humility in Family Relationships; and Being Ministry Minded. “For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord” (1 Thess. 3:8). This conference will have limited space and therefore be open to only the first 50 who register. 

Click here to go to conference registration

Online Resource Special: Light Shop
This month we are selling Light Shop for $12.00 (25% off). This discipleship course is recommended for young men ages 10 and up. It can be used for a Light Shop group, for boys and dads to read and discuss together, or for a personal Bible study course.

Light stands for “Leaders in Godliness, Holiness, and Testimony.” Covering many fundamental areas such as being strong for the Lord in your youth, developing a close relationship with your parents, gaining a clear conscience, developing a disciplined walk with God, understanding the fear of the Lord, trusting God’s design, and total dedication to God, this course is designed to encourage young men to be leaders for the Lord. Each lesson contains biblical insights, practical applications, and testimonies from young men who share how the Lord has been working in their lives.

Package includes one Light Shop binder, Set One (fourteen 8-page booklets), and daily growth sheets to encourage young men in personal disciplines.

This offer will be honored on our online store through March 31st. At checkout, use promocode: light2019

Upcoming Schedule

March 27&29, Grace speaking in Selbyville, Delaware and Salisbury, Maryland
April 5-6, Answers for Women, Kentucky (booth only)
April 17-21, Answering Atheists, Kentucky (booth only)
April 23-24, Strong in the Lord Conference, Council Bluffs, Iowa
April 26-27, Radiant Purity Conference, Council Bluffs, Iowa
April 26-27, Stand Fast Conference (for young men), Council Bluffs, Iowa  
May 23, Leaders Training Conference, Torreon, Mexico
May 24-26, Speak Truth in Your Heart Conference, Torreon, Mexico
May 29-30, Leaders Training Conference, Camp Berea, Mexico
May 31-June 2, Speak Truth in Your Heart Conference, Camp Berea, Mexico
August 8-11, Testify Training Camp, Des Moines, Iowa

945 7th Ave
Marion, Iowa 52302

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

• 1 month later...

New newsletter!  Summer Conference dates.  Including dates to train on testimony - I'm assuming prior to the Iowa State Fair.

Mally Family via smtpcorp.com 

2:03 PM (39 minutes ago)

to me

Dear Friends,

Hello from the Mally family and Bright Lights staff! We are excited to announce a couple conferences for young men and dads happening in June and July! See below for details. 

Book Miracle by Harold Mally

Sarah was 21, Stephen was 16, Grace was 12 and they were in a race. It was September 1, and they wanted to finish their project by Grace’s Birthday (November 20). It was something new for the whole family and it was a formidable task. Special action was needed to meet this deadline. Rebekah came up with a motivational plan: If the three of them would get up and work on their project every morning from 5 am to 8 am, she would make a gourmet breakfast each day. 

It worked. Sarah, Stephen and Grace finished the rough draft of their book that would soon bear the title, Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends. Their goal was to finish before Grace was a teenager. 

This was a whole family project. Sarah, Stephen and Grace were the writers but they needed pictures. 

“Dad, would you draw us some cartoons?” they asked me. They needed free ones. :-) 

But our biggest problem was that we knew nothing about publishing. So that job was given to Mom. In addition to making breakfasts, it was Rebekah’s task to call publishers and see what she could learn. Our real desire was to self-publish, but we had no idea where to start. 

One day we received a check in the mail to help cover a medical expense. (We belong to Samaritan Ministries, an organization where Christians help each other pay medical bills.) This check was from another Christian family for a recent need that we had submitted. But the check said it was from “Winters Publishing.” That was odd. It was from a Publishing company?

Rebekah called the phone number on the check and talked with Tracy Winters. She had talked to many companies that help people self-publish, but Tracy had the best answers of all, and even the best prices. Later, we learned that this was the ONLY time he had ever used his business checks for a Samaritan Ministries need, but because he had run out of personal checks, he decided to just go ahead and use a business check this one time. And, unknowingly, he sent it to the very family that had a publishing need. 

But the story doesn’t stop there. Tracy lived in Indiana, just 45 minutes from where we would soon be moving to help with an orphanage for the next six months. During that time he was able to help us with all the details, editing, and printing. God’s handiwork was a special encouragement to both us and the Winters.

The rest is history. Tracy Winters and his wife Phyllis have become our remote “publishing staff” and have done the arrangements for all of our books, the Bright Lights material, and many of our other resources. We couldn’t have asked for more perfect help. Even when we have been racing to meet deadlines, Phyllis has worked around the clock, editing meticulously. She prays over the Bright Lights booklets and those who will receive them. Their friendship and encouragement are a continual blessing. The Lord who knows our needs is a perfect provider.

“I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy works of old.”  Psalm 77:11

It’s easy to forget things as we go through life. But remembering how the Lord has worked in the past gives us strength, courage and faith as we march into the future. Let us remember His handiwork and provision, and trust His ways. 

“I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.”  Psalm 143:5

Praise Report

Thank you to anyone who prayed for the conferences in Council Bluffs. It was especially encouraging to have both a young men’s conference and a young ladies’ conference happen at the same time in the same building! The first-ever “Stand Fast” conference for guys went very well. There were eight speakers, plus small group discussions and activities in the gym which provided a lot of variety and kept the guys moving! All three conferences (Strong in the Lord, Radiant Purity, and Stand Fast) were encouraging times as we saw the Lord bring together a fantastic team of staff and work in the lives of young people. Praise the Lord.

Upcoming Conferences

The Just Men Conference is for men 16 and up, June 14-16 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The need in our day is for a new generation of young men to rise up who are “just” and whom God can use for His glory and His Kingdom (1 John 2:14). We were very encouraged by last year’s Just Men Conference and we look forward to seeing how the Lord works this year. The goal for this conference is to build and strengthen the future leadership in the Body of Christ, establish a growing fellowship of “just men” who have a working relationship in the various ministries God gives them, and to strengthen future marriages and families by laying essential Biblical foundations. There is a limited capacity of 50 men for this conference. Speakers include: Harold Mally, Stephen Mally, David Rodgers, Josiah Moffitt, Andrew Hancock, Drew Tuecke, and George Farber.
This conference is free and includes most meals. Register here.

The Stand Fast Conference is for boys 12 and up and dads, July 26-27 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Taught by Harold Mally and a team of men (including both young men and fathers), this conference will challenge and equip young men to stand fast in the Lord. Includes small group times, activities, a chalk talk, singing, and practical, Biblical teaching. Topics include: Being Christ-Centered and Cross-Centered, Bible Reading and Prayer, Defending the Faith, Overcoming Temptations, Humility in Family Relationships, Being Ministry Minded, Sharing the Gospel Boldly, Treating Girls With Honor, Discipling and Being Discipled.
This conference is $15.00 and includes snacks and materials. Register here.

The Testify Training Camp is held in conjunction with an evangelism outreach at the Iowa State Fair. This year we will be holding two camps (August 8-12 and 15-19). Each one is a 4-day (4-night) training camp, to equip believers in witnessing. Special speakers will be Bryan Osborne (Answers in Genesis) for the first camp and Micah Tuttle (missionary to Peru and the US) for the second camp. Tony Ramsek and our family will also be speaking at both conferences. The camp location is only ten minutes away from the Iowa State Fair. After witnessing training sessions in the morning, we will all drive over to the fair where we will put into practice what was learned at the camp! We have run this camp the last three years and have been very blessed by the sharpening fellowship. More pictures, details, and a promotional video can be seen on Grace’s blog post. No previous witnessing experience is necessary.
This camp is $165 and includes housing, materials, and most meals. Register here.

Note: If you would like flyers for any of these conferences, or an informational email to forward to others, please let us know. We appreciate help in spreading the word!

Prayer Request

A group of us girls are currently in Mexico for a Bright Lights Leaders Training and a Speak Truth in Your Heart Conference. Some from our team will be staying a second week to help with an evangelism outreach. Please pray for more Bright Lights groups to start, for the Lord to work mightily in girls’ lives through the conferences, and for souls to be saved.  

Online Resource Special:

Buy one copy of Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends for $10.00 and get a second copy free. 

The emphasis of this book is not merely “getting along” with your brothers and sisters, but making them your best friends. Every chapter of the book has a section written by Sarah, Stephen, and Grace, giving the book three perspectives and three personalities. It includes many personal stories, lots of humor, cartoons, practical ideas, and helpful insights. We encourage entire families to read it aloud together.

This offer will be honored on our online store through June 30th. At checkout, use promocode: bestfriends19. Please note: you will need two books in your cart to get the second one free.   

Upcoming Schedule
June 14-16, Just Men Conference, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (for men ages 16+)
July 26-27, Stand Fast Conference, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (for boys ages 12+ and dads)
August 8-12, Testify Training Camp, Des Moines, Iowa

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

• 1 month later...

New Newsletter.  I hope everyone here is as underwhelmed as I am.  Please note the dates for training folks on harrassing people at the Iowa State Fair coming up.

Dear Friends,

Eager Hearts in Mexico   (by Sarah)  

The first event in Mexico this past May was the Bright Lights Leaders Training Conference. Before we left for Mexico I was expecting a group of about 20 girls at this training. I was picturing that we’d sit in a circle as I shared about discipleship and ministry. But when I arrived I learned that about 100 ladies and daughters were coming to the conference. That was much bigger than I was expecting! We had a wonderful time together and at the end of the conference, I asked how many ladies were considering beginning a Bright Lights group. Lots of hands went up! It is exciting to think about what the Lord will do through this group of ladies who have a heart to reach girls in their own communities all over Mexico. (We are also so thankful to all those who have translated the material so that it is available in Spanish!)

Seeing God’s Hand in Mexico (by Nickie Biegler)

After the Leaders Training and Speak Truth in Your Heart Conference in Mexico, several of us stayed for another week to be a part of an evangelism outreach. Our missionary friends, the Clarks, have the goal of giving the Gospel of John to every home in their state of Michoacán (population approx. 4.5 million). We saw so many answers to prayer as we went door to door talking to families. Here was one story that encouraged me the most:

One of the women helping with the outreach, Abril, was sitting in her parked car one morning with a sick daughter, while her husband went knocking on doors. A girl walked by timidly once, back again, twice, and then a third time. Finally, she gathered enough courage to ask if they were the ones leaving the tracts in the doors. Abril got out to talk to her and discovered that this girl, Tere, had been a drug addict. While she was at a drug rehab center in another city she had been visited by Christians who had shared the gospel with her. She had trusted Christ, and as Abril talked with her, it seemed that she had a good understanding of the gospel. When she returned home four months ago, her parents were dismayed to find she had become a Christian—exclaiming that first she was a drug addict, and now a Christian—how much worse could it get??! They took away her Bible, but she continued to read it in secret on her phone. Tere had been praying that Christians would come to her house! She later expressed amazement that it was on the very day of her birthday that God had sent her this gift. Abril and her husband had unknowingly parked right outside the door of her house! Tere still does not have her parents’ approval to read the Bible, but the team left her some books and were able to encourage her. Tere lives in a village that is off the beaten track, yet the Lord took Christians right to her door!

Prayer Request: Please pray for Nickie Biegler and Emily Selander (Bright Lights staff) who just returned to Mexico and will be helping with camps for the next 3 weeks.

New Website

We have recently updated our website! :-) Visit the new site here: www.tomorrowsforefathers.com

Upcoming Conferences  

The Stand Fast Conference is for boys 12 and up and dads, July 26-27 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Taught by Harold Mally, Stephen Mally, Josiah Moffitt, Andrew Hancock, Sam Yohannan, and David Biegler, this conference will challenge and equip young men to stand fast in the Lord. Includes small group times, activities, a chalk talk, singing, and practical, Biblical teaching. 

Topics include: Being Christ-Centered and Cross-Centered, Bible Reading and Prayer, Defending the Faith, Overcoming Temptations, Humility in Family Relationships, Being Ministry Minded, Sharing the Gospel Boldly, Treating Girls With Honor, Discipling and Being Discipled.

This conference is $18.00 and includes snacks and materials. Register here. 

See a 30-second promotional video for Stand Fast here. 

The Testify Training Camp is held in conjunction with an evangelism outreach at the Iowa State Fair. This year we will be holding two camps (August 8-12 and 15-19). Each one is a 4-day (4-night) training camp, to equip believers in witnessing. Special speakers will be Bryan Osborne (Answers in Genesis) for the first camp and Micah Tuttle (missionary to Peru and the US) for the second camp. Tony Ramsek and our family will also be speaking at both conferences. The camp location is only ten minutes away from the Iowa State Fair. After witnessing training sessions in the morning, we will all drive over to the fair where we will put into practice what was learned at the camp! We have run this camp the last three years and have been very blessed by the sharpening fellowship. More pictures, details, and a promotional video can be seen on Grace’s blog post. No previous witnessing experience is necessary. This camp is $165 and includes housing, materials, and most meals. Register here. 

Note: If you would like flyers for either of these conferences, or an informational email to forward to others, please let us know. We appreciate help in spreading the word!

Online Resource Special: Amazing Animals of Alaska DVD for $9.00 (50% off) 

Come join Dr. Jobe Martin and his friends on an exciting expedition to Alaska where you will learn incredible facts about some of “God’s Living Treasures.” Have you ever noticed how many people are interested in animals? It is because God has built into mankind a wonder at the things that He has made—He has revealed Himself through His creation. Children especially love to talk about and study animals.

This DVD features an appearance by Agee the polar bear, and ten other amazing creatures (arctic ground squirrel, moose, red fox, sea otter, wolf) plus a segment by David Rives on the stunning aurora borealis. Dr. Martin is joined by guest speakers Buddy Davis, Dr. Jim Johnson, and Micah Bowman as they all share how incredibly created each of God’s living treasures is! (approx 60 min)

This offer will be honored on our online store through August 30th. At checkout, use promocode: Alaska19.

Upcoming Schedule
July 26-27, Stand Fast Conference, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (for boys ages 12+ and dads)
August 8-12, Testify Training Camp, Des Moines, Iowa

May the Lord bless you and your families!

• Thank You 1

On 4/8/2019 at 4:53 PM, clueliss said:

They got a computer virus and managed to twist God into it.  

Stephen had our computers backed up, but the virus had already begun to infect the backup. Thankfully, Stephen had a second backup system in place. Because of this, he was able to recover everything! We sure praised the Lord that night!

Why did the preacher not worry about losing his data?

Because Jesus saves.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

• 2 months later...

Has there been any news from them? Sarah is 40 yo (if I'm doing my math right) and unmarried.  

• Upvote 2

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Grace is getting married!

Dear Friends,

It Finally Happened – By Harold Mally

A Mally daughter is getting married!  I wondered if it would ever happen.  Sarah and Grace have been content, focused on what God has given them to do and excited about it.  They certainly wanted to marry, but, of course, they wanted God’s will and God’s timing.  It was my conclusion that God was keeping the boys away for a while because the Bright Lights ministry with girls required fulltime investment.  I had wondered if that was going to be permanent or if God would eventually bring marriage into the picture.  Yep.  He has.  Grace and Josiah Moffitt are getting married on November 2nd. Our whole family is so encouraged to see God’s mighty hand in bringing them together. Grace will share more details at some point in the future. But this is my article, not hers.

It’s not an easy task being a father, as all you fathers know, but it’s the most wonderful thing.  I didn’t know that years ago.  As a result, it was only by God’s grace that we have Grace at all.  Hence her name, “undeserved gift.”  This is a lengthy and miraculous story that I can’t tell in this short email about this undeserving father.  But every father has a grace story.  We need only to list the miracles we all have from God’s hand in the lives of the kids He entrusts to us.    

As fathers we want the best for our daughters.  We protect them.  We teach them.  We answer their questions – well, we try.  We pray for them.  We take them out for coffee to answer more questions. :-) (Grace has always been a big question-asker.) We have the joy of working together on ministry projects.  When they are little we tell them stories at bed time.  When they grow up we have long discussions about life, people, family, direction, the Bible, Christ and ministry.  They ask us which outfit we think looks the best.  They ask what we think they should say in response to certain people and situations.  They look to us for counsel.   They keep life interesting and challenging and rewarding.

Years ago I started a project for my daughters called the “Othniel Project.” You might recall the account in Joshua 15 and Judges 1 of what Caleb did to find a husband for his daughter.  It seemed to me to be a pretty good plan.  He made an offer.  To whomever attacks the city of the giants and takes it I will give my daughter Achsah as wife. :-) We don’t have the same kind of giants today, but we have other kinds of giants and huge spiritual battles.  So I began praying for and looking for a giant killer. More on this later, maybe next month.

I had expected both of my daughters to be married already.  They knew lots of people and had lots of friends.  But no boyfriends came into the picture.  I did some exploring for them, but I was unsuccessful on my own.  Truly it’s something only God can do. In the meantime, what God did do was gather other girls who had a heart for discipleship and organize them into a ministry team, mentoring younger girls through conferences and Bright Lights groups.  It’s been exciting and we look forward to what’s next. We anticipate many changes—good ones! But God does not change. “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever”  (Hebrews 13:8).  But He brings growth and we change as He works in our lives.  God’s changelessness is our security and stability.  We confidently and expectantly anticipate the wonders of His unfolding plans.

So, what is going to change on November 2nd?  Hmmm. Here are some rambling thoughts from a father:  

·         We will have another empty room in the house (Stephen has had his own apartment for a few years now). 

·         We will gain a new wonderful family member. 

·         There will be an adjusted authority structure as Grace is transferred to the protection and leadership of her husband.

·         Many normal family routines will be adjusted.  (Like I won’t get as many of Grace’s homemade pies and she won’t make me coffee in the morning.)

·         A new ministry team will be formed as two people come together and are strengthened by each other. 

·         Many more good things because God is an endless source of good and all His purposes are good.

The words in Isaiah 25:1 are among many Bible verses that express my thankfulness to God for His help and grace to an undeserving father.  “O LORD, You are my God.  I will exalt You.  I will praise Your name, For you have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.”

. . . To be continued            

Christmas Scroll Project

America needs the Bible. Americans live in confusion and corruption because they don’t think with a Biblical foundation.   They are not being taught the Bible, even the basic Bible accounts and truth.

So let’s get them started. Christmas is a great time to communicate Biblical truth to people. For the past several years we have been encouraging Christians to give away “Christmas scrolls.” We printed the Christmas account from Matthew and Luke, as well as some prophecies and gospel verses, on nice glossy paper.  

Last year over 20,000 Christmas scrolls were given away.  Families, churches and youth groups ordered them in packs of 25, 50, 100 or 250, rolled them, banded them with rings of red or green paper, and gave them to neighbors, relatives and strangers on the street.  Americans know more about the grinch than the true facts of the first coming of Christ, but on one sheet they can read from Scripture the account of the incarnation for themselves. 

We are hoping that even more can be given away this year! You would be surprised how easy it is for one person to give away 100. A youth group could easily roll and give away 1,000. It is a ministry, not only to those receiving the Word of God, but also to the youth or church members who are giving them away.  We have found these scrolls to be very well received. People think they are getting a Christmas gift (which they are!). Christmas is also one of the easiest times to engage people with the gospel, because people tend to be more receptive and open to thinking about Jesus. Plus, they are in a festive mood. So we have seen it to be a great experience for all the scroll distributers!

Pray about joining the Christmas Scroll Outreach.  One idea would be to canvas your town or every home on your street.

You can order scrolls from our online store here. They will ship in about two weeks. Or you can also print your own scrolls here.

“So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Rom. 10:17)

Online Resource Special: Mr. Mally’s Christmas Cards for $5.00 (50% off) 
Several years ago at Christmas, my dad surprised us with some special Christmas cards he designed. They feature a camel, donkey, and a family of sheep, and their unique perspective about the Christmas story. :-) Each one has an important message, and we think they are a useful tool in drawing the attention of unbelieving friends and family to truths about the coming of Christ. These cards are available on our online store for $5.00 a box (16 cards per box). No promocode needed.

Report from Testify (By Grace)

This year we ran two Testify camps instead of one. We were so thankful for how God answered our prayers and filled both of them up – doubling last year’s attendance. Both camps were very encouraging! Thank you to any of you who were praying. For the past four years that we have run this camp, we have marveled each year at how many pieces God puts together to make it happen: the Answers in Genesis booth at the Iowa State Fair, the camp (Willowbrook Bible Camp) ten minutes away from the fair (run by good friends), the attendees God brings together, and the teachers he provides. This year, the teachers were Bryan Osborne, Tony Ramsek, Micah Tuttle, Josiah Moffitt, and our family. A highlight each year is seeing the Lord open many doors for sharing Christ in one-on-one discussions. All the attendees return to the camp each night and share about the gospel conversations they had, and it’s super encouraging for us all to see each other grow and see God use us. The fellowship among all the campers is very special: we are doing something tough together and learning together. The goal is that we would all go back home and become more effective witnesses for Christ in our own circles and communities. We’re looking forward to seeing what God has in years to come!

image.thumb.png.ea34df0bd2065a986e318945a5294a9f.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

52 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Grace is getting married!

image.thumb.png.ea34df0bd2065a986e318945a5294a9f.png

Like I said in the other thread, that’s the same guy she was engaged to last time! But it was broken off and never talked about again! Guess it’s back on!

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Spoiler

So, what is going to change on November 2nd?  Hmmm. Here are some rambling thoughts from a father:  

·         We will have another empty room in the house (Stephen has had his own apartment for a few years now). 

·         We will gain a new wonderful family member. 

·         There will be an adjusted authority structure as Grace is transferred to the protection and leadership of her husband.

·         Many normal family routines will be adjusted.  (Like I won’t get as many of Grace’s homemade pies and she won’t make me coffee in the morning.) 

·         A new ministry team will be formed as two people come together and are strengthened by each other. 

·         Many more good things because God is an endless source of good and all His purposes are good.

What a sad view about marriage. A ministry team? Nada about the couple loving and cherishing each other, it's all about Daddy (hey, more room in the house for me! Aww shucks, I can't order my daughter around any more... but I can probably use this new dude in the ministry... wait, surely you're not saying that I need to make my own coffee now? uh and maybe some good things  for the happy couple, something something, can't think of any now... )

It seems like a blow to his ego that he can't take much credit for this happy union. Normal people would write about how the happy couple met or just say you're happy they found each other and not about how you were unsuccessful in arranging your daughter's marriage.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

The only other couple I know that got engaged, then called it off, then got back together and got married a couple years later, ended up divorced. I don’t know if this is going to be good for Grace. And her dad really dwells on how fucking long it took to get a daughter married off. Jeez.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

There will be an adjusted authority structure as Grace is transferred to the protection and leadership of her husband.

Gack! 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3

On 10/1/2019 at 2:43 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only other couple I know that got engaged, then called it off, then got back together and got married a couple years later, ended up divorced. I don’t know if this is going to be good for Grace.

Same here...

• Upvote 2

A Mally daughter is getting married!  I wondered if it would ever happen. 

I expected to see a phrase like that on FJ, but not FROM THEIR OWN FATHER, for Rufus' sake. I mean, maybe he's just trying to get ahead of the snarky comments, but dude, you couldn't have done a little better than THAT? It has to make Grace feel shitty, and Sarah feel even worse.

Add in the part about "Stephen having his own apartment for awhile now". Good for Stephen, but has that ever been an option for 30 year old Grace, or 40 year old Sarah? Or do you need a penis to lease an apartment without being ostracized?

• Upvote 14

• 3 weeks later...

New newsletter, engagement is still on 

Dear Friends,

Hello from the Mally family and Bright Lights staff. It is a busy and exciting time for us with Grace and Josiah’s wedding just one week away! We’ll be sending reports and pictures in the next newsletter.

But for now, we wanted to write with some thoughts about how to prepare to use the Christmas season for ministry.

A Preseason Reminder–Making Christmas Merry  
(By Harold Mally)

“Did you read Matthew 2 and Luke 2 yet this year?” I said to the cashier.

“What’s that?” she asked.

“The wise men and the shepherds,” I replied.

“Oh, at my Grandma’s house last week, she was reading them.”

“You need to read ‘em too.  It’s in Matthew chapter 2 and Luke chapter 2.”

“Ok, I think I can do that. I’m a fast reader,” she said.

“Here’s a copy,” I said, handing her a colorful copy of the Christmas account from the Bible that we had printed.

“Oh, thanks,” she said enthusiastically.

As I left I said with a smile and slow emphasis, “Read it slow!” ?

She understood and smiled in return. 

This was a very brief encounter but one of only dozens like it.  And it was actually a bigger encounter than it seems on the surface.  I could tell that others in her cashier line heard everything that was said and knew what was going on.

Christmas provides so many good and natural open doors to stir the thoughts of many people.  And everyone enjoys receiving the attractive Christmas Scrolls.

“And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things?  . . . So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God” (Romans 10:15 & 17).

Christmas Scrolls Are In and Ready to Ship

Since almost every family in America celebrates Christmas, and since most do not actually read the Bible and probably don’t even know where to find the account of Christ’s birth, what if we gave them a copy? What if Christians all over the country distributed one-page copies of the Christmas account from Matthew and Luke? Not only would families have something short and readable in their hands, but, if they read it, they and their families would be hearing a part of the Word of God for themselves.

Last year, we printed over 20,000 Christmas accounts, and many of you helped to hand them out. This year we ordered 30,000. They are printed on attractive, glossy paper. We like to roll them up like scrolls, and band them with green paper or a ribbon. People received them joyfully.

You can order Christmas scrolls from our online store here.

Here are some ideas of how they can be distributed:

Hand them out when you check out at stores over the Christmas season. (Carry pre-rolled scrolls inside an empty paper towel roll to keep them from getting squished in your bag or purse.)

Give a plate of Christmas cookies to your neighbors and include a Christmas scroll with each plate, or give one to houses in the neighborhood of your church.

Encourage other families at your church to give them to their neighbors too.

Go Christmas caroling and hand them out at each house.

Send them with Christmas cards or letters to relatives and friends.

If your town has a Christmas parade, that is a good place to hand them out and get into witnessing conversations.

If there is a Live Nativity somewhere in your town, you could suggest that they give one to all who come.

A college town is a good place to hand them out, especially to international students.

On a nice December afternoon, when a lot of people are out and about, you can go “scrolling in the park.”

Online Resource Special: 35% off Wonders of Creation Books

This month we are selling each book in the Wonders of Creation series for 35% off. You do not need to buy the whole series to receive this discount. Choose one or more of the following books: The Archaeology Book, The Astronomy Book, The Cave Book, The Ecology Book, The Fossil Book, The Geology Book, The Mineral Book, The Ocean Book, and The Weather Book.

There are so many amazing truths to learn about God’s creation, and it is so much better learning about science from a biblical perspective. These books are developed for multi-level teaching,and adaptable to a broad age span. Filled with full-color pictures, they can be used in the classroom, for independent study, or in homeschool settings. Available until November 30th or while supply lasts. At checkout use promocode wonders19  

Modify your subscription    |    View online

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

Poor cashiers!  What else are they to do except smile and try to hustle the customer along so they can continue to work at their job? 

Since "...faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God..." I guess I'd recommend not bothering to order the glossy Chri$tma$ scrolls from the Mally's business and just sing carols instead.  Hope those scrolls are recyclable.  /snark

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

@CTRLZero, fortunately I think most checkout stations have a handy wastebasket hidden for the cashier to use.  If someone handed me on of these scrolls or any kind of tract, that's where it would end up. 

• Upvote 7

Seriously, the Mally family has to be one of the (if not THE) most annoying and self-righteous proselytizers there exists. I wouldn't even wipe my ass with their scrolls...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Wow—that is incredibly unnatural dialogue.

Saying the weirdly specific “Matthew 2 and Luke 2” instead of something more easily recognizable like “the Christmas story in the Bible.”

Saying have you read them “yet this year”, which is rudely presumptuous.

And the weird, creepy, emphasized “read it slow!” I’m guessing he means to pay it careful attention, but a male stranger saying that sounds more like he has a fetish. Like, oh baby, mouthe the words while you read it...

Just condescending and rude to attempt this exchange with anyone, but especially awful to impose it on a cashier who can’t walk away.

Actually, I’d love to see him attempting this in real life. This is clearly his ideal version. What do you think people REALLY say? Do you think he changes up his own lines, or does he just plow ahead as if they’re fulfilling his intended script? When retail workers and waitstaff are forced to be polite, do you think he honestly believes their annoyed, inner-eye-rolling responses are “enthusiastic”?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 10/5/2019 at 8:06 PM, Howl said:

There will be an adjusted authority structure as Grace is transferred to the protection and leadership of her husband.

Gack! 

He makes her sound like a financial asset.

Gack, blech, phooey. :martian-disgust:

6 hours ago, dripcurl said:

ESPECIALLY INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS wow.

Well of course, because Christians only live in America.  Duh.  @@@@@@@

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...

Newsletter with wedding mentioned 

Dear Friends,

Happy Thanksgiving! This has been a month of joy for our family! Grace and Josiah’s wedding was a day of celebration and there were so many encouraging answers to prayer! We continue to rejoice in all that the Lord did!

Grace’s Wedding – The 50 Last Feet           (by Harold Mally)

Grace and I entered the auditorium.  As we came through the double door the whole congregation stood – in unison – and every eye was on us.  I was suddenly fully aware that “the time had come.”

We turned right and walked slowly to the center aisle. We stopped, turned left, and then simply stood there looking down this 50-foot white runner lined by candles and people. Standing at the other end were the groom and the preacher. We stood waiting for 6 or 7 seconds before taking our first steps. Time stood still. I felt like Tevya in Fiddler on the Roof when the motion stops, and he sees his daughter in the distance, and he is pondering the weight of what is happening. These few seconds looking down that white 50-foot path was, if it’s okay to refer to it this way, in the emotions of a father – the beginning of the end.

That doesn’t actually sound good for a father to say about walking his daughter down the aisle. It sounds negative. But that is not how it’s meant. To think that misses the point of what is actually happening, at least from a father’s viewpoint.

As Grace and I paused there at the top of the aisle, we paused for a long time, or what seemed long. And as I stared down that glittering path ahead of me, a path I must travel, I finally felt the full impact of the event. The aisle represents more than meets the eye, and is weightier than one might think, until you are standing there gazing at the front. It represent a finality. At the end of the 50 feet in front of me something was coming to an end. Fifty feet away was a life change that was permanent. 

Staring down this glowing white scene drove home the power or impact of what was about to happen.  The drama was not that we were in the spotlight. The drama was that there was something scary at the end – it’s called “an end.” A true end. It was an intimidating realization that hit hard at that moment with some more-than-expected force. 

“I’m facing a finality! I’m only 50 feet away from it! A final end of family as it is!”

None of this is to make light of the fact that it was also a beginning. I knew that. And it is a bright beginning. A joyful one, a glorious one. Was there really an end? Yes, I guess one could say there was sort of a death and then a resurrection to something new. But in truth, both were good. It was a successful and wonderful conclusion and a joyful, glorious, new beginning. 

Oh the wonders of God’s ways; His designs, gifts and challenges, and His grace.

“The LORD is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.  All thy works shall praise Thee, O LORD, and thy saints shall bless Thee.  The LORD is righteous in all His ways, glorious in all His works” (Psalm 145:9,10,17).

Written late at night, November 2, 2019, after Grace’s wedding.

Judging by the pictures, Grace and Josiah didn’t have the same feelings I had. ?

Over 7,000 Christmas Scrolls Shipped So Far

Christmas scrolls are off to a great start this season! We have shipped out many packages of scrolls, and we also have hundreds that have already been rolled up and are ready to be given out here in our town this December.

·         Some of these are ordered by Bright Lights groups for their girls to give out.

·         Some are ordered by churches using them as an outreach.

·         Some are ordered by individuals to be used for ministry in the neighborhood or personal evangelism.

·         Our Bright Lights group will be giving them out next week as we go Christmas caroling together.

It has been exciting to receive reports from those who are giving away Christmas scrolls in their neighborhoods and communities this year. Today we received this photo from a friend, sharing that at his church they are challenging each person to give away 25 scrolls this December. Here's their box of rolled scrolls, ready for distribution.

We are excited that a good number of our 30,000 scrolls are already out. ? If you would like to order some, you can buy KJV or NASB Christmas scrolls here. Or you can print your own here.

Pray that many people would read at least some of the Word of God for themselves this year by reading the Christmas account from Scripture. We fear that many Americans don’t even know where to find it in the Bible. May their eyes be opened to things of the Lord as they read these Scripture passages.     

Online Resource of the Month: Speak Truth in Your Heart  
Buy 4 for $24

When a young lady learns to replace lies with truth and speak truth TO herself, she will see how God’s Word will transform each area of her life as the truth sets her free!

Here are some of the lies addressed in this book:

·         God isn’t really doing what is best for me.

·         I can’t know for sure if I am actually saved.

·         I am worthless and insignificant.

·         I will feel guilty the rest of my life.

·         I cannot control my emotions.

·         This sin is so small. It doesn’t really make a difference.

·         It is too late for me because of my past mistakes

·         There are no pure, godly guys around anymore.

·         It is okay to date an unbeliever as long as I don’t actually marry him.

·         Staying single would be terrible.

Many girls try to change their wrong actions, but never learn to discern the wrong thinking behind the actions. This book challenges girls to identify lies which are root issues behind struggles they face and combat them with truth from Scripture.

This offer will be honored on our online store through December 31st. Click here to get the special. No promocode needed.

Free Shipping for orders over $30 
We are giving free media mail shipping for orders over $30 on our online store from now until Christmas. Offer is good through December 25th, 2019. We recommend ordering by Dec. 12th if you would like to receive it by Christmas. Use promo code: shipping2019. Please note: this does NOT apply to International orders, or orders placed using the Bright Lights Leaders discount pricing.

Happy Thanksgiving! May God bless you and your families!

• Thank You 6

....nice that they’ve added “Staying single would be terrible” to their list of lies young ladies believe… How old is their remaining Young Lady? Guess Prince Charming may not pan out after all.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Text speak
  • Upvote 7

I cannot believe anyone married Grace Mally. I am still in shock. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I cannot believe anyone married Grace Mally. I am still in shock. 

I really thought she would never marry. Of course her father had to make it seem like she died. That was such a doom and gloom post. It sounds like what he was really trying to say is that he is sad he no longer gets to control her and another man does. 

• Upvote 11

Dear Harold Mally, please accept my humble, but I believe ultimately successful, attempt to edit the verbal effluvia about your feelings and the excruciating blow by blow of walking your daughter down the aisle!  

ETA: I went back and pared it some more. 

Grace and Josiah’s wedding was a day of celebration and there were so many encouraging answers to prayer...And it is a bright beginning. A joyful one, a glorious one. Was there really an end? Yes, I guess one could say there was sort of a death and then a resurrection to something new. But in truth, both were good. It was a successful and wonderful conclusion and a joyful, glorious, new beginning. 

See how easy when it's now about you? 

I like the final version even better so here we go: 

Grace and Josiah’s wedding was a day of celebration. And it is a bright beginning. A joyful one, a glorious one; a joyful, glorious new beginning. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Dear Harold Mally, please accept my humble, but I believe ultimately successful, attempt to edit the verbal effluvia about your feelings and the excruciating blow by blow of walking your daughter down the aisle!  

See how easy when it's now about you? 

Omg brevity is not his friend! That was painful to read! 

• I Agree 2