IGNORED

Mallys and Bright Lights and Weddings

clueliss

47 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

if I disgrace myself by howling with laughter and rolling on the floor right here in line at Walmart, I may have to come get my revenge upon you! :wink-kitty:

Sorry!

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

And what the fuck does "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel" have to do with Christmas?)

~Jumps up and down because my IFB upbringing prepared me to properly answer this question~

So "thy seed" is supposed to speak of baby Jesus. I think this started with Martin Luther, but I could be remembering this all wrong. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

@Palimpsest your responses had me laughing! 

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

How would you say that America as a whole has gone off course in their celebration of Christmas?

Don't you think that the Founding Fathers were right when they separated Church and State?

I always love the strawman-y statements this time of year about how Christmas isn't celebrated adequately in America anymore. Somehow, even in my hyper liberal area, we still manage to have the whole city covered in Christmas decorations this time of year, entire radio stations dedicated to playing Christmas music (including religious carols), all sorts of holiday-related charitable events, and even church services for those who want to attend! :occasion-santa:

• Upvote 9

On 12/5/2017 at 3:06 PM, Palimpsest said:

Thanks @clueliss The Mallys are  so annoying.  And they are Tools for presuming to provide tools to pester people with for Christmas.

OK.  So Jesus often responded to questions with questions. 

Of course you need to turn and walk away from the PITA after any of these answers. ;)

I show them my mezuzah and they usually don't have any memorized scripts for how to convert Hews (esp since some fundie groups want Jews around so we can move to Isreal and bring back Jesus)

• Upvote 5

• 3 months later...

A blog post is up about their accident. 3/5 of them were not wearing seat belts. But they go on and on about how Jesus protected them. Her mother was hurt the worst and of course had no seat belt on. The females were not wearing seat belts while the males were (most likely the males were in the front seats). 

http://www.brothersandsisters.net/gracenotes/?gracenotes

IMG_7594.PNG

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

What the FUCK is wrong with these people? All life is precious as long as it's in the womb. After that, fundies don't seem to give a damn if their kids live or die.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 3

Seat belts. Jesus wants you to have common sense and wear your seat belt! There is no excuse not to wear a seat belt. I hope they learned their lesson and will wear them from now on, but based on fundies like Jill Rod. I would be surprised if they go right back to driving around with no seat belts. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Seat belts. Jesus wants you to have common sense and wear your seat belt! There is no excuse not to wear a seat belt. I hope they learned their lesson and will wear them from now on, but based on fundies like Jill Rod. I would be surprised if they go right back to driving around with no seat belts. 

More than half weren't wearing seat belts and everyone is ok. That shows they don't need to wear seat belts because Jesus protected them. Ugh.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1

I like the anecdote where the hospital chaplain says that she's never seen an accident like that where everyone survived. Ha ha, suck it, other accident victims! Only our family was godly enough to come out alive!

But seriously, I've driven across northern IL/ eastern IA a million times. When it's not ice on the road, it's deer jumping out left and right. You always have to be cautious. What a bunch of buffoons.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Ebil Gummint wants you to wear seatbelts, therefore it's only reasonable that you don't use them.

Back in the late 19th century my homesteading ancestors in the Dakota Territories were in the thick of a doctrinal argument about whether it was wrong to carry insurance on their [Christian Reformed] Church. I don't know which side they were on, but I do know the two sides were "insurance=failure to trust in The Lord" vs " The Lor provides insurance and it is sacrilege not to take advantage of it". I do know that a prairie fire rendered the argument moot.

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

More than half weren't wearing seat belts and everyone is ok. That shows they don't need to wear seat belts because Jesus protected them. Ugh.

Tell that to Amy Foster.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

I read the blog post and I still have no clue why they weren't wearing seatbelts.  It's so selfish.

And just like the Rodrigueses, they take pictures in public treatment areas of the hospital. Klassy!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Dear Mary family, I’m glad everyone is okay, but as a for. Bright lights leader, really this is a shitty example.  Rain snow mix is never everything seems fine.  And a,ways a risk for slick spots.  The cavble I. The median probably saved someone’s life by slowing you down enough.  The ones in the back without seat belts were napping/sleeping as indicated by Grace laying down.  This is not a good idea without a seatbelt.  It would have been nice to at least say you all learned a lesson about seatbelts so that the young girls in your ministry get the message but no there you are giving it all to Jesus instead of admitting a sad truth.  

• Upvote 16

Jesus is busy enough. Wear the damn seatbelt.

• Upvote 23
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 12

Best case scenario, some of their readers see the mangled van, hospital pics, and chunk of Sarah's hair hanging from the ceiling and decide to buckle up in the future.

It would probably be the most productive thing to ever come out of the Mally's "ministry".

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

Does Jesus have nothing better to do than save asshats who won't wear seatbelts from their own stupidity?

They're very lucky they got off with so little injury to the humans -- looks like the harp is the most serious casualty, apart from the van.

And ITA about driving in weather with freezing rain/sleet/snow -- those are almost The Worst driving conditions.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

They were passing a Semi on slushy roads!  One of the worst things you can do.  I drove 26 Wheelers for 2 years.  When I left the fundie HB I had to get the f*ck out of town, long story.  People stay away from semis, they are heavy, can't stop, tires blow out , wheels come off, fun days.  I'm surprised they weren't  killed.  Thou shalt not tempt The Lord thy God by driving foolishly. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I know everyone else has said this already, but HOLY SHIT WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!!

I can't even with this smug hubristic bullshit that Jesus was protecting them, and that's why they weren't more badly hurt, when if they'd been wearing their seatbelts, NONE of them would be hurt!  And this idea that Jesus is looking after them, while they drive dangerously in snow (WTAF???) while he ignores all the pain and anguish in the world from people who are suffering through situations they have no choice in - how can anyone believe in that kind of God?  The children Alan Smith and Tony Willis abused, the Turpin kids, all the many, many children beaten and abused - I guess they're not Godly enough?   :smiley-signs131: it makes me so angry that these arseholes, who brought everything on themselves, assume they're special and deserving, when really, they should have used the brains they were born with to not put themselves in danger in the first place.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

For people who are so seemingly obsessed with rules and following them to a T, Fundies sure do ignore a lot of safety measures the rest of us practice as a matter of course. The Steve Maxwells of the Fundie world actually make far more sense to me. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

People stay away from semis, they are heavy, can't stop, tires blow out , wheels come off, fun days.

Raising hand here, with head down, to acknowledge that I never understood how little room to maneuver a semi-truck has until I helped DS & GF drive a Penske truck (ONLY 26' long) between MI & TX.

I know now and will never, if I can help it, do dumb-shit stuff like sudden lane changes or not leave enough space between my vehicle & the semi. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 9

I'd be curious to know the seat belt laws re: children in their state or the state where the accident took place.  I follow the news in SW Colorado.  Last year, a woman was driving a van full of kids (no seat belts), hit an icy patch, went into oncoming traffic resulting in a head-on crash.   Her 8-year-old daughter was killed, just a few days before the father was to have full custody and some of the other children were seriously injured. 

She was finally charged with negligent vehicular homicide or something similar;  whatever the charge, she was considered responsible for her daughter's death.  Many people thought that the loss of her daughter was punishment enough, but that's not how the state saw it. 

Highway patrol or police surely wrote up an accident report noting that children were not wearing seatbelts.  Hope there is some serious legal blowback, even if it's just a ticket and a hefty fine. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

I haven't been in a car without my seatbelt on since 1985. Maybe longer. Not even to drive through a parking lot. It's automatic. I get in the car and put my seat belt on. My kids have never been in the car without one. I never feel oppressed by my seatbelt. I really don't get it. There only people I know who consciously refuse to use seatbelts or car seats are Christians. I don't understand the connection. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

Even if someone wants to play fast and loose with his/her own life, an unbelted person can fly around the car when its hit and do considerable damage to the people who are belted in. I'm a strict "this car is not moving until you put on your seatbelt woman" just because of that. You want to be seriously injured or die, fine, but you're not taking me with you. https://www.fairwarning.org/2017/08/unbelted-rider-back-kill-someone-front/

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2