IGNORED

Mallys and Bright Lights and Weddings

clueliss

So there is a new blog post up where Grace mentions having a toddler and a baby. @PsyD2013mentioned the blog post. Josiah and Grace hosted a gathering in their home where they taught young people to pass out tracts ("witness") in shopping malls. 

• Eyeroll 2

• 2 months later...

Did we know there was a Bright Lights facebook page? It's public and there's a lot of information on the page about the Mallys. The Bright Lights is very active and I recommend people check it out.

Sarah and Her Husband did Bright Lights promotion in February at Ark Encounters and got to see Ken Ham. Sarah even talked to him! Some of the Wissman daughters were also there.  

Nickie is still a Bright Light. She's been working there a while. 

Grace did videos with her whole family. She posts videos and writes about her kids. 

• Thank You 1

18 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Did we know there was a Bright Lights facebook page? It's public and there's a lot of information on the page about the Mallys. The Bright Lights is very active and I recommend people check it out.

Sarah and Her Husband did Bright Lights promotion in February at Ark Encounters and got to see Ken Ham. Sarah even talked to him! Some of the Wissman daughters were also there.  

Nickie is still a Bright Light. She's been working there a while. 

Grace did videos with her whole family. She posts videos and writes about her kids. 

Yes, I believe i shared that ages ago.  In my formerly evangelical life, i was a bright lights leader for a while.

• Thank You 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New facebook post from the Bright Lights:

Evangelism training opportunity!

This August, we will be holding not one, but two, Testify camps!

Testify is a 4-day camp that begins with Evangelism training & ends with actual Iowa State Fair evangelism.

You don't need any witnessing experience to attend...all you need is a heart for the lost!

Dates:

CAMP 1 AUGUST 10-14, 2023

CAMP 2 AUGUST 17-21, 2023

Learn more: https://tomorrowsforefathers.com/testify-training-camp/

Tony Ramsek

Grace Moffitt

Josiah Moffitt

• Thank You 1

There were hashtags at the bottom of the post. One of them was Answers in Genesis. They really are teaming up with Ken Ham in a big way. 

• Disgust 1

"Careful thinking"....yup, can't have the little tykes having an independent thought, now can we? (heavy sarcasm)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

New Facebook post up! There is a new seminar in July for Bright Lights training. 

Encouraging/training older girls and mothers to disciple younger girls...this is truly the heart of Bright Lights ministry.

This is why we are excited to announce that Sarah Mally Hancock is teaching an online Discipleship Training Conference this summer!

This will be a weekend of training so that you can be encouraged and equipped to disciple girls biblically.

- If you would like to start a Bright Lights group, the conference will help you get started.

- If you're not planning to start a group, the conference prepare you to meaningfully invest in the younger girls in your life.

Dates:

July 28-29, 2023

Schedule:

Friday evening 6:00-9:00 pm (Central Time)

Saturday 9:00am-4:00pm (Central Time)

Early Registration Price (by July 15): $25

(includes Leaders Manual download)

Group discounts also available.

• 3 weeks later...

The Mallys are busy. They are continuing to promote their testifying camps. Tony Ramsek from Answers in Genesis, aka Ken Ham's organization, is visiting them and will help run their testifying training.

They also are promoting a man named Carl Kerby, who runs an organization called Reasons for Hope

About Reasons for Hope

Reasons for Hope was founded in January 2011 by a board of four men— Randy Baker, Paul Gracey, Carl Kerby and Wade Wacker.

Reasons for Hope is a 501(c)(3) ministry of Christian apologetics.

Reasons for Hope takes a three-pronged approach to globally communicate its message of the hope found only in Jesus Christ and its mission of equipping, empowering and encouraging believers in their faith:

Mission Statement

Reasons for Hope exists to direct people to the Biblical Jesus by offering HOPE*

Helping Christians share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Offsetting secular thinking with Biblical truth.

Providing resources that give Biblical answers to real-world questions.

Encouraging the church to rely on God's Word as the foundation for their thoughts, their words and their actions.

And I’m going to go scrub my mind for being that closely associated with this sort of madness,

• Love 3

Sarah (Mally) Hancock has a new article for Answers magazine. The magazine is of course run by Answers in Genesis, Ken Ham's organization. It's called Think on These Things and here's a link. 

• Thank You 3

11 hours ago, Columbia said:

I may have missed this, but have they said anything about Shiny Happy People? The Mallys are deep in IBLP, and Sarah led classes at Excel.

Not that I've seen.

On 6/18/2023 at 3:43 AM, clueliss said:

And I’m going to go scrub my mind for being that closely associated with this sort of madness,

You managed to see through the madness and get out - you can be proud of that! 

• Upvote 4

The Mallys post so in frequently on their blog, that I missed Grace's blog post in March. It recounts their speaking engagement at Ark Encounters in February. It's variation of the post she did on Facebook in March. Here's a link to their blog.

She started that blog post with this.

The Lord’s ways truly are always bigger and better than ours.  While I (Grace) thought Bright Lights conferences were declining now that Sarah and I were married, the Lord had our biggest conference yet just around the corner!

They probably had smaller attendance due to COVID.  But otherwise I would think the weddings would make people more interested in the family.

Also she mentions a lot about her daughters. 

On Facebook, the Mallys said Grace wrote a blog post for someone else's blog. It seems to be an add for a book she wrote years ago. Here is the link for that blog post. 

• Thank You 1

She’s still nursing both her daughters? Wow I don’t think I could do that having two daughters at various ages and both nursing at the same time.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

She’s still nursing both her daughters? Wow I don’t think I could do that having two daughters at various ages and both nursing at the same time.

I have no idea how people tandem nurse. One was plenty for me. But I have known people who did it. 

• Upvote 1

Tons of promotional material from the Mallys on Facebook.

Sarah did a promotional video for her training to do for her Online Discipleship Training Conference. She's praying for "God to send just the right women to this online event". 

Promotional slides for the Moffits' witnessing (God-bothering) training. Promotional slides for Harold Mally's JustMenConference. Promotional slides for the Online Discipleship Training Conference.

Another video from Carl Kerby. 

And slides for the Fourth of July complete with this text:

What is the truth that makes one free?

"True freedom is freedom that can't be taken from you. Jesus said, '...You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free' (John 8:32)."

"Americans have a wonderful constitution. But the constitution has enemies - enemies who want to change, or destroy, or escape what it has to say."

"Constitutions can fail, and they can only provide political freedom."

"But freedom found in Jesus is both internal & external freedom that can't be taken."

"Constitutions can change, but Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13.."

- Harold Mally

• Thank You 1