clueliss

On 3/13/2020 at 11:41 AM, Palimpsest said:

She's, what, 39 now. 

She turned 41 in January. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

21 minutes ago, Bethella said:

She turned 41 in January. 

Which is a good thing. They won’t be having a huge fundie family. I’m guessing three at the very most. 

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Which is a good thing. They won’t be having a huge fundie family. I’m guessing three at the very most. 

I'll be surprised if they have more than one.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

13 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I'll be surprised if they have more than one.

Totally possible. Hope they only have boys. Can you imagine being the daughter of Sarah Mally? Eek.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Totally possible. Hope they only have boys. Can you imagine being the daughter of Sarah Mally? Eek.

Unfortunately I have a very vivid imagination. :scared-shocked:

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

View this email online

Dear Friends,

It is hard for any of us to believe how much things have changed since we wrote the last newsletter! We pray that you and your families are doing well, finding hope and joy in the midst of all the uncertainties, making the most of time together at home, and discovering ways to serve Christ through this crisis.

Some Things Social Distancing Can’t Stop! (by Grace)

Here’s what happened at our church service last Sunday morning. Josiah and I have self-quarantined so that we can safely spend time with my 93-year-old grandpa. On Sunday morning we went to his apartment and helped him participate in our online church service since we can’t meet because of COVID-19. Normally, for our first service, which we call our “Breaking of Bread Service,” various men (whoever wants to) stand up and share insights and meditations on the Lord Jesus’ death and resurrection ... or they request a song to sing, or pray. Then we pass the bread and grape juice. This unplanned service is a highlight each week, and I’m so glad our elders announced that we’d continue to do it via our church’s email loop. So, from 9 am to 10 am Sunday morning, we greatly enjoyed watching the emails come in from various men in our church with worshipful thoughts and insights about Christ. My grandpa’s hearing is very poor, so, Josiah connected his laptop to a projector so that Grandpa could read the emails as they came in. One of the men in our church recorded a sermon in advance for us all to watch Sunday morning. Providentially, the passage he had been given weeks ago was from Matthew 6 on not being anxious because our Heavenly Father will provide. The whole morning was a beautiful time of our hearts coming together in worshipping the Lord, even though we were apart physically. I am so thankful for the church family God has given us and for what examples they are to me of loving Christ. I’m sure there are many ways each of you have continued finding fellowship with believers, as well as ministry opportunities in the midst of social distancing. Some things social distancing can’t stop!

Note: Grandpa said that he dresses up for the Lord and not people, so that is why he still wore his suit. :-)

A Story of God’s Provision (by Harold)

A few weeks ago we received a call from a good friend who asked us if we could use another car. She said she would like to give us hers if we would come to Dallas and get it. The timing of her call was amazing because our minivan has been on its last leg. In fact, that evening when I drove into our drive way, I had thought, “This might be it for the van.” We are continually thankful for God’s provision and timing!

I got a great price on a one-way ticket to Dallas, had a good time visiting friends, and picked up the car. It is an older car, but in good condition, 113,000 miles. Incidentally, it is the same kind of car that Rebekah already has so now we have identical cars. Another way Rebekah and I are growing more alike :-).

News and Prayer Requests

•        The Answers for Women Conference at the Ark Encounter has been rescheduled for 2021 due to COVID-19.

•        Pray for Sarah and Andrew as they adjust their wedding plans. Their wedding is scheduled for May 2nd, but they want to honor the government and keep friends and family safe. If you would like to read more of their story, you can find it on their website here: www.andrewandsarahwedding.com

•        If you would like to know more specifically how to pray for our ministry, Harold has begun sending emails with specific prayer request to our “prayer team.” Email him at harold@tomorrowsforefathers.com if you would like to be on this list.

Online Resource of the Month:

60% off Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends book, coloring book, DVD and CD   

Everyone is getting a lot of extra “family time” this month! Even homeschoolers who are used to being at home are spending more time together with nearly all other events being cancelled. This is a time to work on deepening family relationships, for sure! You might be finding it challenging with everyone cooped up, but actually this is an important season that you are going to remember for the rest of your lives. It is time to pray together, encourage each other, and maybe tackle some projects together that you have been wanting to get done.

This might be a good time for you to consider going through our material on making your brothers and sisters best friends. We are offering 60% off the Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends book, DVD, coloring books, and CDs. At checkout use promocode: bestfriends2020. Offer good through April 30th. (Does not include bundles and packages.)

A Short Story from the Book (excerpt from Grace’s section of Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends)

A man at our church was trying to get rid of all the mice in his garage, so he set a trap. This trap was designed so that the mice would go after the cheese and fall in, one mouse at a time. The day after he set the trap, he went to look and see how many mice he had caught. He was in for a surprise. There were many mice, but only one mouse was still alive. When all those mice were confined to such small quarters, they would fight and fight until all but one was dead. This same thing happened every time the man set his mousetrap. Just like those mice, brothers and sisters spend a lot of time together and it’s very easy to fight and be annoyed with each other. I am hoping this chapter will help you so that your family will not be like the mice in the box.

“I want to tell you how much your book has changed me.  My mom reads a little of it every day and I always wish she would keep reading.  I believe your book is making me and my brothers and sisters best friends.”  — Joshua, age 11

“I really liked Stephen’s funny stories. I will stop bugging my brothers.”  — Jason, age 7

“I loved your book. But personally I think my brother needs it.”  — Anonymous letter

“Our book is so worn and torn and dog-eared.  We are missing most of the pages.  It is full of encouraging and funny and amazing testimonies.”  — Family In Texas

“I can tell you that I read your book in one sitting and I laughed so hard that my kids had to ask me to keep the noise down.”  — Sue, mother

Addressing Fear with Answers of Hope - Resurrection Tracts

True hope is knowing that eternity is secure, and this is only possible by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Several years ago we wrote a tract titled, “Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.” It is a great resource to give answers of hope and to clarify the message of Easter. 

•        This tract briefly takes a look at six key evidences: hundreds of eye-witnesses, enemy eye-witnesses unable to refute the facts, Jesus’ followers wouldn’t die for a known lie, the rapid spread of Christianity, the reliability of the New Testament, and fulfilled prophecy.

•        The tract also debunks a few common questions: Did His followers steal the body? Maybe Jesus wasn’t really dead?

•        Lastly, it explains the significance: If Jesus is dead, we have no hope. But if He is alive, He demonstrated that He is indeed Almighty God and has power over death—not only to raise Himself, but to give eternal life to all who trust in Him. What better source of hope could there be than the resurrection of Jesus Christ? Heavenly hope is the only real answer to earthly fear.

Read or order the tract here. 

Upcoming Schedule

(All are tentative right now because of COVID-19. Any changes will be noted on our website.)

March 27-28: Answers for Women Conference – Ark Encounter, Postponed to 2021

May 2: Andrew and Sarah’s wedding 

June 12-13: Homeschool Iowa Conference – Harold is speaking and we will have a booth

June 20: Men’s One Day 100 Mile Bike Trip – the “Centurion Challenge” – contact Harold Mally for details

June 25-28: Just Men Conference (for men age 16 and up) – Cedar Rapids, Iowa

August 13-23: Iowa State Fair Evangelism Outreach with Answers in Genesis

Sep. 25-27: Ladies Retreat – Camp Hope, Dahlonega, GA, Sarah is speaking

May God richly bless you and your families!

The Mally Family, Moffitt Family, and Bright Lights Staff

Wedding is still on.  Link to their wedding website.

• Thank You 1

A 100 mile bike ride is called a century and has been for years.  There's no need to rebrand this as a Centurion.  

• Upvote 7

On 3/26/2020 at 12:08 PM, PennySycamore said:

A 100 mile bike ride is called a century and has been for years.  There's no need to rebrand this as a Centurion.  

I dunno.  "Century" isn't very Jesus-y; "Centurion" is way more bible-y.  Wonder if the guys do regular lycra bike shorts (can reveal a guy's package!) or practice male modesty.  Also,  f**k them for not having a women's bike ride. 

Pray for Sarah and Andrew as they adjust their wedding plans. Their wedding is scheduled for May 2nd, but they want to honor the government and keep friends and family safe. 

Credit where credit is due.  I've noticed this phrasing in a few other places as well.  

• Upvote 3

"Honor the government" strikes me as a slightly passive-aggressive way to say that you're complying with health measures that are in place because 90 people are sick and two are dead in the county where you live.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 3/13/2020 at 11:41 AM, Palimpsest said:

Wow.  With the exception of royal and celebrity weddings where I assume they check lists of invitees, I didn't know this was even happening.  Bouncers at churches.:mouse-shock:

I must be jaded by reading too many stories in the JustNoMIL and associated subreddits. Security at churches and other wedding venues are often recommended for inappropriate family and friends.

• Upvote 4

New Newsletter from the Mally's.  

Harold tells another story.

Dear Friends,

It’s hard to believe what is happening worldwide. For those who doubt the faithfulness of the Bible, this virus shows that global events like the ones we read about in Revelation are not unrealistic. We’re not in the tribulation, of course, but things seem to be getting close. One thing we know is that the Lord is always working, and He is always triumphant. Even in suffering His will is accomplished.

None of us know the full picture of what God is doing through COVID-19, but we each get to see little glimpses. One thing that has encouraged us is the reports we have heard of those with the virus witnessing to others and to doctors. This morning I told a friend, who tested positive for the Coronavirus and was just admitted to the hospital, that this is now his mission field.  He has memorized a lot of Scripture, and I told him his mission is “Verses for Nurses.”   

We pray that you and your families are doing well, finding hope and joy in the midst of all the uncertainties, making the most of time together at home, and discovering ways to serve Christ through this crisis.

The Unexpected Cross                   by Harold Mally

One Easter morning about 10 years ago, we were surprised when we pulled out of the drive to go to church, and we noticed a small wooden cross in our neighbor’s yard across the street. We didn’t know those neighbors very well and we didn’t know they were believers. So we were pleased to see the little cross. It was just two little sticks with a nail through the middle. On the cross it said, “He is Risen.”

I came home from church and made my own little cross to put in our yard. Several years later, five or six of the neighbors on our street all put crosses in their yards. It may seem a small gesture, but it makes a statement of identity to all the others on the street. They know we are Christians and they know we are not ashamed of Christ. 

Have you ever noticed all the surprises that were a part of the crucifixion week 2000 years ago?

Pilate marveled in surprise that Jesus would not defend Himself. 

The disciples were crushed in sorrow and disbelief that their leader, the Messiah, was killed and their hopes seemingly dashed.

An evil, notorious outlaw, named Barabbas, who may have been next in line for crucifixion, was amazed that he was released as part of a trade deal the Jews made with Pilate to put Jesus of Nazareth on the cross.

The Centurion who stood by Jesus and witnessed His final victory cry, His death, and the earthquake that followed, changed his mind in surprise. He said, “Certainly this was a righteous man. Truly this Man was the Son of God.”

Pilate marveled that Jesus was so soon dead and wouldn’t believe it until he checked with the Centurion.

And one of the two thieves was surprised when he came to his senses, having watched Jesus for three hours, and realized that Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of God. He therefore reasoned that this One might even now, on the cross, be willing to save him. And what a joyful surprise, even on the cross, to hear the words of the Lord of Heaven say, “Today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

But there was even a bigger surprise for the world coming on the first day of the week. ? People would have been surprised, of course, if Jesus had come down from the cross, but Jesus was going to do something even bigger!

News and Prayer Requests

Many Bright Lights groups have had to cancel meetings because of the virus.  Please pray for wisdom for leaders as they find creative ways to keep in contact with the girls in their group. One leader shared this about their zoom call: We had around 30 of us on the call, and it was so sweet to “see” one another and hear the girls’ hearts of gratitude for being able to still “meet” and encourage one another. My sisters and I invited some other girls who were previously part of BL, as well as several who had never heard of it, and we ended up with about 30 girls, calling in from 5 states, with about a 12-yr age range! We were able to keep our meeting pretty similar with times for introductions, singing, shorter lesson, a leaders’ testimony, and small groups (with Zoom breakout rooms).

Pray for Sarah and Andrew as they adjust their wedding plans because of the virus. If you would like to watch their livestream on May 2nd, or read more of their story, you can find it on their website here: www.andrewandsarahwedding.com

If you would like to know more specifically how to pray for our ministry, Harold has begun sending emails with specific prayer request to our “prayer team.” Email him at harold@tomorrowsforefathers.com if you would like to be on this list.

Grace has been posting portions of our Evidence for the Resurrection gospel tract as images on her “Will Our Generation Speak?” Facebook page: www.facebook.com/generationspeak  It’s more difficult to pass out the paper tract with all of the social distancing going on this year, so this is an alternative way to get the message out. Easter is a great time to witness to unsaved Facebook friends—it’s very natural to talk about the resurrection.

Online Resource of the Month: Mother’s Prayer Calendar

With Mother’s Day coming up, we wanted to highlight this wonderful resource designed by a friend of ours, Beverly Kirk. This 31-day prayer calendar is designed to help moms bless their children daily. Each page has a specific trait of godliness to pray for your children (e.g. loving God, gratefulness, self-control, contentment, pure lips, forgiveness, faith, sensitivity to God’s voice, a humble heart) and Bible verses that correspond with that trait. When you turn the calendar around, there is a hymn that goes with the trait of godliness for that day.

This month we are giving a free copy of Rebekah Mally’s CD Every Mother’s Example with the purchase of the Mother’s Prayer Calendar. Add both items into your cart, and use promocode: mother2020 to get the free CD. Good through May 31st, 2020.

Every Mother’s Example

How can mothers encourage their children to be faithful to the Lord and to walk in purity? In this session Rebekah Mally examines a mother's responsibility to examine her own life as she seeks to lead her children in godliness. As Rebekah shares personal examples and stories, she discusses bitterness, forgiveness, repentance, transparency with husbands, relationships with our daughters, and ways to guide children in purity.

Upcoming Schedule

(All are tentative right now because of COVID-19. Any changes will be noted on our website.)

May 2: Andrew and Sarah’s wedding (see website for streaming details)

June 12-13: Homeschool Iowa Conference – Harold is speaking and we will have a booth

June 20: Men’s One Day 100 Mile Bike Trip – the “Centurion Challenge” – contact Harold Mally for details

June 25-28: Just Men Conference (for men age 16 and up) – Cedar Rapids, Iowa

August 13-23: Iowa State Fair Evangelism Outreach with Answers in Genesis

Sep. 25-27: Ladies Retreat – Camp Hope, Dahlonega, GA, Sarah is speaking

May God richly bless you and your families!

The Mally Family, Moffitt Family, and Bright Lights Staff

Tomorrow's Forefathers, Inc.

Copying this from the newsletter:

Pray for Sarah and Andrew as they adjust their wedding plans because of the virus. If you would like to watch their livestream on May 2nd, or read more of their story, you can find it on their website here: www.andrewandsarahwedding.com

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 8:30 AM, clueliss said:

Wedding is still on.  Link to their wedding website.

Can someone link the wedding website for anyone who wants to watch live?

Their wedding party is so much older than the regular teenage and early 20s fundie wedding party I’m used to. It’s sweird to see a fundie wedding party all over the age of 30 and 40.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

On 4/11/2020 at 3:29 PM, clueliss said:

New Newsletter from the Mally's.  

Harold tells another story.

Copying this from the newsletter:

@marmalade it is the link in my post quoted above.  

Oh and you have to go to the site and register with an email (livestream tab) to get the livestream invite.  

• Upvote 2

Well, I attempted it. I guess I will have to wait and see whether they let me watch. ?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, clueliss said:

@marmalade it is the link in my post quoted above.  

Oh and you have to go to the site and register with an email (livestream tab) to get the livestream invite.  

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

Well, I attempted it. I guess I will have to wait and see whether they let me watch. ?

It's also going to be on youtube for anyone interested.  

• Thank You 3

And I got an email without registering (because in their mailing list from my bright lights days.  

Spoiler

View this email online

Dear Bright Lights Leaders,

I know that you are not able to be with us in person, but I hope that some of you are able to watch Andrew and my wedding via live stream.

Here is the link where you can watch the live stream of the ceremony: https://tomorrowsforefathers.com/andrew-and-sarah/

The ceremony begins at 2:00 CDT.

Andrew and I recorded a video telling our story, and our wedding party and family have also pre-recorded speeches and songs which would normally have been shared at our reception. If you would like to watch those, you can find them all at the same link. We hope you enjoy them!

If you have any trouble watching from our website, you can also watch the live stream directly from YouTube: https://youtu.be/JNGqAXCtduI

Feel free to share this email with girls in your group. ?

May God bless you all!

Sarah and Andrew

I’m considering all of you the girls in my group

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

Anyone else going to watch along right from the beginning? I haven't watched a fundie wedding live-stream since part of the Frazer-Staddon one last summer! 

Its so weird to watch a fundie wedding with literally no on in the audience. And Grace Mally Moffit is looking quite pregnant. No surprise there.

• I Agree 4

Just now, deborahlynn1979 said:

This lady is ALMOST singing in key.

God she is Allison Bontrager's twin.

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

God she is Allison Bontrager's twin.

I thought it was her for a moment too!,

1 minute ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

I thought it was her for a moment too!,

Maybe it is her, lol. She was not listed in the wedding party though. Maybe a last minute addition?

Just now, deborahlynn1979 said:

The groom is so nervous. Will Sarah be allowed to speak?

Where are his parents? It looks like that might be his sister in law sitting on his side.