IGNORED

Baby Seewald is Here - Details to Follow

happy atheist

Since Michelle and Jessa are missing, they probably went to the hospital for Jessa to get whatever care she needed.  With a homebirth, I doubt baby would go since he is not a patient, Jessa is. 

Remember the episode where Jill is in her midwife training and the baby has complications. The baby and dad went to the hospital and the mom stayed behind. I felt really bad for the mom but I assumed that if you don't have great insurance you are not going to pay $600+ for a ride to the hospital in an ambulance.

This being the reverse situation I would hope Ben would be with Jessa. If the baby was healthy , Quinn could have watched him till he could be brought to Jessa. When my daughter was born I was in the ICU and my daughter in the NICU. My husband was torn and would check on our daughter but was there with me 90% of the time since I was talking and scared and needed him. He knew our daughter was stable with a great nurse team watching.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How could the ambulance just be chilling at their house? Don't they have better things to be doing than sitting at their house for no reason?

Jana and John David are certified First Responders and volunteers with the Tontitown Fire Department.  They may have persuaded the Fire Department just to park a truck there while waiting for a call.  (I don't know, of course, if that's what happened.)  But, to have an actual ambulance waiting is hugely expensive.

A few thoughts- If I had to be transported to the hospital after delivering, you can BET that my baby would be going with me! Of course, we don't know that Jessa went to the hospital, but just saying. Also, baby looks like he is a few hours old in these pics. Babies are generally very alert right after birth, especially an unmedicated one, which facilitates bonding and helps facilitate lactation. Baby is sleeping in all the pics I've seen so far. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but after having several children, mine is definitely considerably more "stretched out" than it used to be.

Um, yeah. After 3 large babies, mine is definitely a lot "looser" than before babies. 

They're overwhelmingly common in Brazil -- a huge percentage are planned c-sections -- but I'm not familiar with any others.

I'm a former CB instructor and CLC. The c-section rate in the USA is hovering at around 30%. The WHO says it ought to be </= 12%. Having attended  a gazillion hospital births, I've seen doctors find all manner of squirrely "medical" reasons to call a section. ACOG says the procedure should be made only for medical reasons. In the hospital culture, nobody dares question the docs decision about this. I became disgusted, and burnt out. Very sad.

As for the ambulance/EMT, where I live (big big city), the county charges about $300. to visit, and more to transport.

Jessa is wearing a sleeveless shirt in the picture of them in the hospital...I thought that was not allowed??

Looks like they must have transferred and then been discharged early...will be very curious to hear this birth story.

Jessa is wearing a sleeveless shirt in the picture of them in the hospital...I thought that was not allowed??

Looks like they must have transferred and then been discharged early...will be very curious to hear this birth story.

What picture are you talking about?

I'll play the what if game...

First, I think Jessa is at home and getting the reality check of her life. Ben looks like he's gotten way more than he bargained for. It really seems like Michelle did a less than stellar job preparing her daughters for the reality of labor and delivery. And why do these Duggars birth such gigantic babies? Many of Michelle's were in the 7 lb range.

Next, if baby and mom are separated how are they feeding BS? I doubt these folks have formula on the ready. Quick trip to WM? Did they send a TLC intern?

where is this pictures you see ? 

What picture are you talking about?

Not sure where that's coming from. There aren't any taken at the hospital under the Instagram tags for babyseewald, jessaseewald, or jessaduggar.

Not sure where that's coming from. There aren't any taken at the hospital under the Instagram tags for babyseewald, jessaseewald, or jessaduggar.

and we have looked lol everywhere 

First, I think Jessa is at home and getting the reality check of her life. Ben looks like he's gotten way more than he bargained for. It really seems like Michelle did a less than stellar job preparing her daughters for the reality of labor and delivery. And why do these Duggars birth such gigantic babies? Many of Michelle's were in the 7 lb range.

Next, if baby and mom are separated how are they feeding BS? I doubt these folks have formula on the ready. Quick trip to WM? Did they send a TLC intern?

are they eating the wrong food - ? do you have an answer :D 

I just saw a photo which shows the baby's head from the side-top. It has the sort of molding seen in babies who spend a long time being pushed against the pelvic outlet (bones), and typical of a long 2nd stage (which is normal for a para 1 baby). Looks like mama had a tough time.

Working theories:

1. Jill and Jessa getting better nutrition/eating more than their mom did during her pregnancies.

2. Jill and Jessa are larger than their mom. They're not fat, but they're definitely not built tiny and petite like Michelle is -- they're thin, but much taller and seem to be more muscular than Michelle. Combine that with the fact that Jill married a very tall guy and Jessa married a moderately tall gym rat, and you've got yourself some larger babies.

3. Jessa was almost 10 pounds at birth, according to her. Genetics does play into it.

For those arguing about the "tightness of the vagina," pelvic floor exercises are really important for a reason. Anyone can have problems with their vagina being "loose" if they're not properly tending to those muscles. Poor pelvic floor muscle control also leads to things like prolapse, bladder control issues, and fecal incontinence. Also, focusing on things like squats without also doing pelvic floor exercises can increase the occurrence of these issues, especially after pregnancy and childbirth.

Yep, she'll be peeing every time she sneezes from here on out. 

That's the thing I don't get about bragging about having a big baby. You are just telling everyone you got your nethers stretched out bigger then everyone else. lol 

Guinn Seewald looks a little terrified. I picture her thinking, how did this happen so quickly? How am I a grandmother, I'm only 40! :my_confused:

Quinn is only 40?! Yikes. I am 34 and there's no possible way I could be a grandmother at 40.

Quote is messed up. Sorry. It's about Ben posting at theseewaldfamily.com. I went there and I don't see anything new. The blog page has a birthday message to Jessa. The home page has a TLC announcement and the photo tab is just old stuff. Where are you guys seeing these new pictures over there??

Newborns can go for several hours without nursing. It is not recommended that the baby get formula in most cases. Reasons to get it going asap are 1) nipple stimulation creates contractions so the uterus starts to shrink, thereby decreasing post-partum bleeding. 2) Colostrum is very high in sugar, and encourages bowel movements. You want the baby to pass meconium to mitigate jaundice (mec is full of dead red blood cells and increases bilirubin). 3) Large babies, such as this, may experience low blood sugar, so in the hospital, they are tested every couple of hours from a heel prick. If the level drops too low (I've forgotten ranges), then supplement is offered if baby hasn't latched on.

Quinn is only 40?! Yikes. I am 34 and there's no possible way I could be a grandmother at 40.

Quote is messed up. Sorry. It's about Ben posting at theseewaldfamily.com. I went there and I don't see anything new. The blog page has a birthday message to Jessa. The home page has a TLC announcement and the photo tab is just old stuff. Where are you guys seeing these new pictures over there??

They're linked in a new blog post on the front page now, but the direct link is also available on the Duggar facebook.

I think it's odd that Derick took down his post about the baby on Instagram.

I am sure Jessa had a home birth based on the towel and how 'fresh' the baby looked. Hopefully if she went to the hospital it was just for something minor.

I am rolling my eyes at the criticism of the towel. I think the pictures are taken right after the baby was born and probably wiped off with the towel (newborns in real life aren't clean like in the movies..haha!) I don't expect to see every newborn looking like a royal baby. It's ridiculous to even compare.

Quote is messed up. Sorry. It's about Ben posting at theseewaldfamily.com. I went there and I don't see anything new. The blog page has a birthday message to Jessa. The home page has a TLC announcement and the photo tab is just old stuff. Where are you guys seeing these new pictures over there?

Someone on Pickles FB reported that the baby is named Seth Alexander, but she can't/won't tell how she knows, so...

if that is true i love that name 

just go there 

Someone on Pickles FB reported that the baby is named Seth Alexander, but she can't/won't tell how she knows, so...

Somebody said Anthony Michael earlier today, too. 

I'm 5'3 and my one and only baby was 9/9 and 23" long. But Jessa's baby looks like a toddler compared to my daughter. His head looks huge!
Women of all sizes have big babies. Not everyone ends up with a ruined vagina from it, either (also,it's kind of rude to shame women for having a big baby imo).
It's weird there have been no pictures of Jessa with the baby yet. I hope she's okay. Ben looks worried to me. Guinn looks genuinely thrilled with the baby, which is nice. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived