IGNORED

Miss Raquel is writing "another" novel.

xRoo

Pretty sure she is going to get back with the boyfriend only to have another dramatic break-up in a month or so. 

Well praise Jesus she has been able to mark another thing off her bucket list. It was a bit harder than ordering a pizza over the phone and having it delivered(real thing on her  bucket list) or buying something on Etsy(another real thing) but not quiet as hard as hugging a baby polar bear(yet again, another real thing), it is owning 16 scarves. She did it! Quite and accomplishment there. 

She still hasn't been able to touch a swan, though. 

It is somewhat comforting for me to know that I cross off two of her bucket-list level desires on a typical Friday night.  

ETA: one of her bucket list goals is to have a child with blue eyes...she does know that you don't get a say in that sort of thing, right?...right?

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let's suppose she has two children. One has blue eyes, one has brown eyes. Hopefully they never find out one of them fulfilled a bucket list goal for mom and the other one is ocularly unsatisfactory.

That little boy does not exist to inspire you, Raquel. Stop making him into an object lesson. It's creepy.

That post is awful.

"His legs were crooked and misshaped.  He was walking with two canes attached to either arm.  And stumbling with each step as he forced his legs to move towards his parents."

"I saw myself in that little boy.  I saw my emotions represented by the way he was staggering and stumbling, trying so hard to walk with confidence, unswerving."

"That little boy was a beautiful picture of life itself.  And he reminded me of how deformed I am."

I'm reminded of the time she turned the tragic death of a family friend into an ALL ABOUT RAQUEL blog post. 

That post is awful.

"His legs were crooked and misshaped.  He was walking with two canes attached to either arm.  And stumbling with each step as he forced his legs to move towards his parents."

"I saw myself in that little boy.  I saw my emotions represented by the way he was staggering and stumbling, trying so hard to walk with confidence, unswerving."

"That little boy was a beautiful picture of life itself.  And he reminded me of how deformed I am."

I'm reminded of the time she turned the tragic death of a family friend into an ALL ABOUT RAQUEL blog post. 

Whenever I read about people trying to make the plight of disadvantaged people about them and how those disadvantaged people seemingly exist only to inspire them or teach them a lesson, I'm just reminded of Patton Oswalt's routine about the logic of the song Christmas Shoes. "SOMEBODY'S CRANKY ON MY SON'S BIRTHDAY? BULLSHIT! GIVE THAT KID'S MOM CANCER"

Raquel is retweeting stuff from 'godly dating' today on twitter.  

Also she is confused because a song by Hill Song United came on 'the justin bieber' station on her pandora.  (Dearie, pandora picks up on YOUR listening habits and puts things on YOUR justin bieber station, not THE justin bieber station.  There's also that little farce from some years back that the biebs is/was a christian and not a jerk)

How old is she?  by the time I was 19 or so I'd begun the firm descent down a hair metal path (and you can blame not only band in 8th/9th grade but Dick Clark and American Bandstand for having Night Ranger and Bon Jovi (Runaway) on in back to back weeks.) putting tween/teen bubble gum behind me.  

The little things that mean the most: a HUGE bunch of flowers...

Retweeting this sounds like you're saying: "you should love me, because I'm so pretty and so pious" 

Embedded image permalink

Raquel can write whatever the hell she wants and she most likely will. But if it is snarkable(like her mystical orange penis ferret and "Life's Choices") then it will get snarked on. That is also how the world works.

Raquel is now daughter of the star breather. So she started off God's daughter, moved to being Jesus' girlfriend, and now she is back to being God's daughter again. How long till she is dating Jesus again? 

Yup, Raquel can write what she wants.  it is the way of things.

However for me the interest is in someone this self-absorbed who regularly puts out there via blog, ask.fm (which I do not understand) and twitter such highly snarkable material that it is quite irresistibly to well, snark.  

Furthermore, she set herself out there wide open to me with a combo of self descriptions as 'wielder of words' and public statements about doing nanowrimo and then stalling out at 19k (self reported, nano ends Monday at midnight her time) so we'll see) and quickly returning to her self-absorbed drivel.  

I'm afraid to ask or find out about star breathing.  

It is from a verse about how God breathed the stars into existence. She most likely saw it as a quote on Pinterest. 

Raquel can write whatever the hell she wants and she most likely will. But if it is snarkable(like her mystical orange penis ferret and "Life's Choices") then it will get snarked on. That is also how the world works.

Raquel is now daughter of the star breather. So she started off God's daughter, moved to being Jesus' girlfriend, and now she is back to being God's daughter again. How long till she is dating Jesus again? 

I wonder if Raquel realizes how incest-y that sounds.

I wonder if Raquel realizes how incest-y that sounds.

Jesus will end up being his own grandpa somewhere in this mess.

I'm sticking with my hunch that she gave up on her novel and I also think a blow-up is going to happen soon with the once-again-not-boyfriend

I bet she gave up on her novel the second she could start posting on social media again. And yes, a big blow up with the boyfriend is bound to happen soon. She and the probably still boyfriend are pretty much tweeting the exact same thing except he is including things like how he hates arguing with someone he really cares about. And that when you love someone you have to give things ups, sometimes you even have to give them up. 

I bet she gave up on her novel the second she could start posting on social media again. And yes, a big blow up with the boyfriend is bound to happen soon. She and the probably still boyfriend are pretty much tweeting the exact same thing except he is including things like how he hates arguing with someone he really cares about. And that when you love someone you have to give things ups, sometimes you even have to give them up. 

Raquel reminds me of this one girl I went to high school with and still follow on Facebook. This girl has what I like to call a boyfriend-strual cycle, and it goes a little something like this:

Meet boy at college anime club. OMG we are such wacky quirky friends

Begin posting romantic Taylor Swift lyrics. The cycle has begun anew.

"After all this time I have finally found true love. Mike/Jimmy/Bob/Rufus is my rock and supports me through everything! I love you, babes!"

Cute selfies with bae, OMG look how bae helps me study for my exams he is the best I am so in love -- we have entered full-on honeymoon phase.

The "us against the world", "only God can judge me" posts begin. The honeymoon phase has ended. On month-iversaries and Valentine's Day, she will post something to the effect of "we fight all the time but we love each other so stop hating on us because what we have is TRUE LOVE"

When she starts posting lyrics from "girl-power" songs (think Brave by Sara Bareilles and similar songs), the breakup phase has started. You know it's a bad breakup when she posts Taylor Swift breakup song lyrics. It's a Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes-level nasty breakup if she's posting Beyonce.

"Ugh worst day ever don't ask" + somber-looking selfies -- Breakup imminent or has already happened

Within a week, she will post a rant condemning "haters" for judging/side-eyeing her for proclaiming that at least 4 men in the last two years have been her One True Soulmate, and that all her exes are horrible people who didn't support her at all, but Harry totally does and they're going to take on the world together and be together forever.

Rinse, repeat.

This girl is....a piece of work. I feel a bit sorry for her because I knew her quite well in high school and she does have some mental health issues for which she receives treatment, but she needs to take some time being single for a while and learn that having a Man is not the be-all and end-all of your life. And that boys are people and not fairy tale princes who will magically validate her and make her life awesome. She's doing alright in life otherwise (unlike Raquel she's well-educated and is working towards a career in nursing, which...I'm sure she'll be good at it but she's so immature in every other aspect of her life); she just has this obsession with having a perfect relationship and freaks out when the dumpy scowling guy she met at Anime Club isn't perfect.

And a check of her on nano a minute ago, meaning in December, after the midnight her time cutoff and....

19326 which is where she has been for a couple of weeks.  I more or less track her word count updates stopping when she started tweeting again.  Does this make social media her idol?  Is it that the words are easy to wield in 140 character and blog entry lengths but hard and heavy when you have to lug them through a novel?  Asking because I  think in longer form and have developed the stamina necessary to get through that 50k in 30 day trek.  (and, neeners - I won)

10. What themes are in your book? How do you want your readers to feel when the story is over?
I want them to feel as if they just took a ride on an emotional rollercoaster with twists and turns that came out of nowhere.  I want my readers to laugh and cry.  I want this book to wrap someone around its [finger].  Someone who 'doesn't like to read' or 'normally doesn't read'...and for them to not be able to put this book down.  I hope that when they read I Cannot Fathom, they will meet and fall in love with the characters, learn the importance of defending the truth - no matter the consequences, and ultimately, not giving up.

1)  Set a timer.
I have one set for 10pm (cuz that’s when my brain chooses to be the most active ha-ha), and I have another timer set for 10:30pm.  I can stop writing when the second one goes off or when I’ve written the 1,667 words for that day.  OR I can keep writing to my heart’s content.  I’m giving myself a half hour window just to start things off slowly, but I think that, as the month continues, the set time will be extended...or completely forgotten haha

I'm guessing unrealistic  expectations got to her. She had it all figured out how she was going to write an unputdownable pageturner in 30 minutes per day, and  somewhere down the line she may have realized that it was a fantasy and lost interest, unwilling to put in the required hours to finish in time. She wrote a lot about writing in the early days of the month but didn't mention nanowrimo at all the last couple of weeks (unless I missed something?) 

It's not too late to finish the book if she got to a good start even though nanowrimo ended. There's always December and then January, February and the whole of 2017 :)

My (guesstimate) average writing session per day (I'm a bean counter and people create spreadsheets for this type of stuff) was 2.5 hours or so per day.  Admittedly this is an aggressive pace and faster than my usual writing pace.   But then I took not only a college creative writing class where I believe in addition to assignments a writer's journal of 1500 words (per  week) was required.  It didn't matter what you wrote.  Some folks had trouble coming up with that much.    I also took a creative writing workshop (college credit class) that required (class met once per week, as did creative writing - evening classes) 10 pages per day.  (10 double spaced 'typed' pages with 1 inch margins).  (Poets were discouraged by the professor from taking this class due to volume required).  

I'm also pondering if her real life became more 'interesting' that poor Xaqurie (gah my head hurt typing that) of the unfortunate creative spelling.  

It seems like the drop in writing happened right when she got back on social media and that is also when she reconnected with her boyfriend. Yes, poor Xaqurie probably got shoved to the side now that she can fantasize about someone else. What exactly was the point of this whole sabbatical if in the end she didn't really change any habits or learn anything? Didn't her pastor suggest it during some sort of counseling session? I wonder if people in Raquel's life are starting to get concerned about her and they were trying to get her to do something with her life besides obsess on pinterest and twitter about a husband. 

yeah and in the cripple post she wrote some things had happened that threw her off balance.

She did spend some time writing for her blog nevertheless, and watching youtube videos until 3 am, etc. .

Yeah, I suspect her dropping off writing happened when she and her boyfriend got back together.

She just doesn't follow through with anything.  It seems like the second something gets a little tedious, she drops it and forgets all about it.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived