IGNORED

Miss Raquel is writing "another" novel.

xRoo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raquel's new poem doesn't bode well for the the not-couple.

But of course. Dancing with shadows will stir up desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled.

She had me with that poem.  Until right there allllllllllllllllllllllllllmost at the end where it goes into the bit about making decisions.  Then it turned into self and it lost me.   until then it could have been about anyone and their loss.  It could have been about me dealing with my mother and her dementia and mourning someone who is there and not there.  but no.  it had to turn into a breakup poem.  

Maybe it's not about a breakup, maybe it's about that time when you had to euthanize a specific someone because he was getting too clingy. His ghost haunts you now but you did what you had to do. 

Maybe next year I'll write a novel about a woman in her early 20's who acts like a girl in her early teens, promotes "Godly dating" (the definition of which changes nearly daily), and spends all her time waiting on a magical perfect husband to appear fully formed from the clouds instead of doing anything productive with her time/life.

Can anyone think up a KREATIVE enough spelling for main character(s) name?  Right now I'm leaning towards Reighgan for the female lead and maybe Zayviar for the male.

Maybe next year I'll write a novel about a woman in her early 20's who acts like a girl in her early teens, promotes "Godly dating" (the definition of which changes nearly daily), and spends all her time waiting on a magical perfect husband to appear fully formed from the clouds instead of doing anything productive with her time/life.

Can anyone think up a KREATIVE enough spelling for main character(s) name?  Right now I'm leaning towards Reighgan for the female lead and maybe Zayviar for the male.

The funny thing is that you are trying to make those names as horrific as possible, and they still don't hold a candle to Xaquerie.

The funny thing is that you are trying to make those names as horrific as possible, and they still don't hold a candle to Xaquerie.

What if I put another Z in Zayviar?  Zzayviar?  Zzayvierre?  What if I wrote it in wingdings? 

What if I wrote it in wingdings? 

I'm crying

She just answered what her school curriculum was for homeschooling. Is anyone familiar with Bob Jones University?

Also, RAQUEL CHECKED OFF ANOTHER BUCKET LIST GOAL.

She wrote her name in wet cement. Whew. She's achieving big things since her sabbatical.

What if I put another Z in Zayviar?  Zzayviar?  Zzayvierre?  What if I wrote it in wingdings? 

I have known of a child named Xzavier, so don't use that.

Oh Lord re bob jones university.  But I don't remember why.  Just that it is out there conservative religious weird.  

Oh here's a fun one:

What social media habits did you end up changing after your sabbatical? What lesson do you think you learned most through taking a break and what things are you going to do differently now?

Definitely didn't miss Facebook haha Or Twitter, really. Instagram and Snapchat are my two main ones, I think. So I'm not really on FB and Twitter as much anymore. 
One of the biggest lessons I learned was that not everyone needs to know my business, what I'm up to, etc. You know? I don't HAVE to continually update my social medias about this or that. I feel like I did that too often before my sabbatical.

Uhhhhhh she updated too much BEFORE???  this in the middle of a big long ask.fm feeding over to twitter thing??   

Maybe it's not about a breakup, maybe it's about that time when you had to euthanize a specific someone because he was getting too clingy. His ghost haunts you now but you did what you had to do. 

https://twitter.com/Ryan116Voorhies/status/671829810390302722

Sounds like not-boyfriend thinks it's about him.

Oh Lord re bob jones university.  But I don't remember why.  Just that it is out there conservative religious weird.  

Oh here's a fun one:

Uhhhhhh she updated too much BEFORE???  this in the middle of a big long ask.fm feeding over to twitter thing??   

I was thinking the same thing re:twitter. She says she didn't miss twitter at all, yet she's been tweeting and retweeting like her life depends on it.

I'm not sure what Bob Jones University is like currently, but they were part of a Supreme Court ruling a while ago. (I only remember because I was assigned this particular case to study in in my American Government class in high school.) If I remember correctly, Bob Jones University had a school policy that prohibited interracial dating. I think the Supreme Court case was over the University losing their tax exempt status due to this policy. I believe that the Supreme Court did not rule in favor of the university (for obvious reasons). Bob Jones University is a super classy university.   :pb_rollseyes:

I'm not sure what Bob Jones University is like currently, but they were part of a Supreme Court ruling a while ago. (I only remember because I was assigned this particular case to study in in my American Government class in high school.) If I remember correctly, Bob Jones University had a school policy that prohibited interracial dating. I think the Supreme Court case was over the University losing their tax exempt status due to this policy. I believe that the Supreme Court did not rule in favor of the university (for obvious reasons). Bob Jones University is a super classy university.   :pb_rollseyes:

oh, wow!!

BJU is a super-conservative religious college in South Carolina. Chapel services multiple times a week, KJV-only, strict "code of conduct" for students that's more appropriate for middle schoolers than adults. The only thing it has going for it is that it's essentially an accredited school, so it's at least slightly more legit than some of the places fundies go...like wherever it was that Shrader got his degree in "Bible".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Jones_University

I think Bob Jones University Press puts out homeschooling materials, so that's probably what Raquel is talking about.

Good old Bob Jones homeschooling curriculum, where dragons are real, slave owners were nice, the Trail of Tears was an opportunity for Indians to learn about Jesus, and the KKK was a good, Christian  organization that helped communities be safe. 

Good old Bob Jones homeschooling curriculum, where dragons are real, slave owners were nice, the Trail of Tears was an opportunity for Indians to learn about Jesus, and the KKK was a good, Christian  organization that helped communities be safe. 

No..... You're kidding. You have to be. 

I'm not kidding, there are quotes floating about the internet from Bob Jones' curriculum. My parents used some of the books.  I do think that in the early 2000's they finally updated to take out a lot of the really racist and offensive stuff. They might still teach about dragons, though. 

*You're

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 2.35.38 PM.png

Oh, that reminds me of another forum I used to frequent.  There was a couple who met on the forum and dated for a while.  The break-up was... not amicable.  Several months after they broke up, the guy wrote a poem (that was obviously about her) and posted it to the forum.  The poem misused "your."

She was the first reply and simply commented:

*you're

I died laughing for days.

Oh, that reminds me of another forum I used to frequent.  There was a couple who met on the forum and dated for a while.  The break-up was... not amicable.  Several months after they broke up, the guy wrote a poem (that was obviously about her) and posted it to the forum.  The poem misused "your."

She was the first reply and simply commented:

*you're

I died laughing for days.

That is glorious. I wish I could send an e-high five to that girl.

Her ovaries were hurting today.  Retweet of a pic with a shirtless guy with tat's and a baby.  

and Peru - is she taking a missioncation?  

Perfect couple retweets.  More babies.  

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived