IGNORED

Miss Raquel is writing "another" novel.

xRoo

What i got from that quote in light of what I have observed from her, was that last bit about the person sinned against.  It might not be the actual intent but there's a decided passive aggressive you've sinned against me and you know it and that's why I'm posting this quote about studying ephesians air about it.  

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading her blog a little bit and I actually kind of like her. Well, maybe "like" isn't quite the right word. She reminds me a little bit of myself when I was about the same age (she's 20 or 21, right?), dreaming of getting married to my perfect Mr. Right and living happily ever after, turning everything into a super emotional drama. I have a feeling that she would probably get on my nerves if I had to spend a lot of time with her, but if she was a classmate or a coworker who rarely worked the same shift or a friend's roommate or something like that, I think I would find her sort of cute and charming, in an "I hope she grows out of that eventually" sort of way. Although I know people twice her age who are still at about Raquel's maturity level so she may not. 

I meant to post earlier in the thread that I don't think the premise of her novel is terrible. It certainly needs some work, but I think it could evolve into a really interesting story if she was willing to stick with it and put in the work, which she apparently isn't. 

Raquel has made her twitter private. Her instagram is still public so we can see that God has blessed her this year by allowing her to look good in a beanie. 

At least her ask.fm is public..

https://ask.fm/Itsjustraquel

17 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Raquel has made her twitter private. Her instagram is still public so we can see that God has blessed her this year by allowing her to look good in a beanie. 

omg I thought you were joking, but she really said that!!

The last of her twitter I saw was her not-boyfriend saying that he always told her that she looked good in a beanie. Too bad God didn't pick this year to bless Raquel with some common sense and a good work ethic. 

cough cough cough ifollowherontwittersostuffshowsup cough cough cough

Saw the beanie bit on instagram.  vapid much?  

13 days to Peru.  

Didn't she get WAY inappropriate levels of touchy-feely with the young men she worked with last time? Why on earth would any mission group take her back? She doesn't behave appropriately, and even if she did keep her hands to herself, she's probably completely useless as a worker. :smiley-signs131:

On 12/16/2015 at 11:40 PM, Shoobydoo said:

Didn't she get WAY inappropriate levels of touchy-feely with the young men she worked with last time? Why on earth would any mission group take her back? She doesn't behave appropriately, and even if she did keep her hands to herself, she's probably completely useless as a worker. :smiley-signs131:

If the mission organization and the orphanage know how inappropriate she acted and they're still letting her do this, they're fucked up.

And if the mission and the orphanage don't know, they must be pretty poorly run. The behavior is pretty obvious to us, and we're outsiders. She put it all over the internet. They can't possibly be so starved for whatever "aid" they're receiving from Christians with white savior complexes to let someone like Raquel come back again..

It can't be a good organization to let Raquel come back a third time. Last time it didn't even seem like she hid her inappropriate behavior while she was there. It sounds like they let people pay to come and use these at risk children and teens as props in their white savior fantasies. 

Oh Dear

Twitter this am.

babble about the right person and the wrong time.

babble about choosing someone and people liking it/making everyone happy.  

babble about obeying parents.  resolve to follow their rules while under their roof - even if she doesn't like it.

babble about making God happy and obeying him.  

scripture references that I am too lazy to look up.

and in the middle of it all a pic of a hoop in her ear (sort of takes away from the woe is me I 'have' to obey God and Mom/Dad bit).  

Hopefully her parents are expecting her to act in a more adult way, and that is what she is resolving to obey. Maybe do something radical like go to college. 

I'm suspecting they aren't wild about the boyfriend.  and/or something to do with that accident she was in.  

No, from what I hear they aren't wild about the boyfriend, and from the accounts I get, with good reason. She needs to quit focusing on guys and get a career. I hope she's not caving to him. 

Her parents really need to focus on giving Raquel a reality check. They need to realize that she has boundary issues and crossed all sorts of inappropriate lines when she went to Peru and they need to be brutally honest about that.  They need to take a look at her Pinterest and see that she is obsessed with finding a husband and getting married to the point that it isn't healthy. It is time to start shoving her out of the nest and let her live with the consequences of her behavior. They have babied her entirely too long. This is such a hard part of parenting, but it is important. Sometimes we have to learn lessons the hard way, and this might be one of those times. She isn't a child anymore, she is an adult. Her parents may have done a shit job at preparing her for adulthood, but she is still an adult. 

Yeah.... I don't know her parents at all. I think I met her mom once. I don't know what they are thinking. I think they are creative types and just are kind of allowing her to be. I think her mom had pink dyed hair for a while. They are conservative, but more like fundy lite with a little more color. I don't have any influence over any of them at all. Just my own kids. One of mine is going to Peru with her. But we don't see her as often as we used to. They live a couple hours away and it really is out in the sticks. I don't know-I don't know if they are just focused on the younger ones or if they just don't look at her blog at all, or what. I know, if my kid posted some of the things she posted they would be off the internet entirely. But it may be a status thing because she does get attention in the Christian world. Like she got "invited" to help with the "ministry" of some pretty major Christian rock bands-you know, like WORK FOR FREE selling their t-shirts. (it made me mad. One of my daughters went. I told her "you know they are totally exploiting you, right?" She said "I know, but Raquel wants me to go and it will be fun" ugh.) 

I find it harder to snark on her because it seems like bad form for a mom to go online and snark on her kids' friends. 

What kind of organization is this in Peru that is letting Raquel come back? She behaved in very, very inappropriate ways last time and blogged all about it. Is there no supervision or training for the people coming to work with these children? I was horrified to hear that she was going back after how she acted last time. Someone who knows this organization should really let them know how she acted so that they can either not allow her to come or have a long come to Jesus talk with her. 

If she didn't actually act in the ways she blogged, then she still doesn't need to go back because she is okay with lying about stuff like this. Either way, there is absolutely no way Raquel needs to be going on a mission trip where she will be around at risk children and teens.

Of all the things Raquel has done, how she behaved in Peru is the worst. 

Honestly, I don't know. My son is going and he's an adult and paying his own way. I know there are other coordinators but Raquel had to get the team together. My son isn't really under the delusion that they are white saviors going to help these poor misguided people, he just really wants to go to Peru, and if he can help out with work-buildings, what ever, that's great. (He's skilled at home building/maintenance) He's not the type to be focused on relationship stuff, just point him to the task and he'll work all day.

I have mentioned the touchy feely thing to them. I agree-totally inappropriate and I can't imaging a mission allowing that-a girl in with the boys that late at night and all. The ones I have done there were strict places of where you were supposed to be, how much you were supposed to interact, etc. I mean, one practical consideration is the issue of lice. Just that in itself has eliminated any possibility of anything even getting to that level of inappropriateness. 

So I'm a little squeamish about the over site. But he's heard me on that, and he's going knowing he may have to find his own way back, etc. I know he won't be up all night petting a boy's hair!

The thing is, what you said before is true-there is only so much you can tell Raquel. This sort of thing should have been dealt with at 16. She doesn't listen. If a friend says anything she dumps them. Ask me how I know. I have my own opinions, and my kids know it, and they don't really spend a lot of time with her, so it isn't something that we talk about all the time. She drifts in, she drifts out... 

She does have some nice qualities. She writes encouraging things to my younger teen on her facebook wall, stuff like that. She can be sweet..... Fortunately she doesn't have a lot of influence with my kids, or I would watch it more closely because I do think the amount of stuff she puts up online is really quite dangerous. I think her one saving grace is she is so far out in the sticks. 

I don't think she would take kindly to people telling her she was acting in an inappropriate way, which is why it needs to come from the organization. I think that is the only way she will change how she acts is if they put their foot down and tell her she cannot act that way or she won't be allowed back. Honestly if they are a good organization they wouldn't allow her back this time. I just question any organization that has such lax over site that Raquel was allowed to act that way. It sounds like they will take anyone who pays the money. That is not healthy for any of the boys involved. 

It is actually a very sad situation. Raquel has potential, but the way her parents raised her to not accept responsibility for her actions and to flit around doing whatever she wants and never having to face the consequences has made her an insufferable adult who will have a hard time making it in this world. 

6 hours ago, onlyme said:

She does have some nice qualities. She writes encouraging things to my younger teen on her facebook wall, stuff like that. She can be sweet..... Fortunately she doesn't have a lot of influence with my kids, or I would watch it more closely because I do think the amount of stuff she puts up online is really quite dangerous. I think her one saving grace is she is so far out in the sticks. 

I would say caution is wise nonetheless... She seems like a messy person to be tied up with.

te boyfriend tweeted for about an hour that someone was chasing and following him, as if he was in real danger, and sense then the amount of tweets from both of them about how sad it is that things won't work out and how they love each other despite it all.. Sounds like daddy or brother chased down the boyfriend. Scary stuff.

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

What kind of organization is this in Peru that is letting Raquel come back? She behaved in very, very inappropriate ways last time and blogged all about it. Is there no supervision or training for the people coming to work with these children? I was horrified to hear that she was going back after how she acted last time. Someone who knows this organization should really let them know how she acted so that they can either not allow her to come or have a long come to Jesus talk with her. 

If she didn't actually act in the ways she blogged, then she still doesn't need to go back because she is okay with lying about stuff like this. Either way, there is absolutely no way Raquel needs to be going on a mission trip where she will be around at risk children and teens.

Of all the things Raquel has done, how she behaved in Peru is the worst. 

Can I have a reader's digest version of what happened when she went to Peru?  It happened while I was in the hospital and I just gave up trying to catch up on 7 months of missed FJ cause it was a lost cause.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Curious said:

Can I have a reader's digest version of what happened when she went to Peru?  It happened while I was in the hospital and I just gave up trying to catch up on 7 months of missed FJ cause it was a lost cause.

Thanks!

She went to help in an orphanage for boys, some only a year or so younger than she is. She spent the night cuddled up on the porch with some of these boys, whispering to them and stroking their hair. She hung off the teen boys like she was dating them. She had tickle fights and lots of lots of hugs. One of the teen boys apparently wasn't too fond of Raquel and called her out on something she was doing. It seemed to bother Raquel that he didn't adore her, so she  loved on him till he finally came around and by the end of the two weeks he was walking around holding Raquel's hand and wanting to hug her a lot. There was also some drama with a prettier, nicer girl also named Raquel. 

These are orphaned boys who have already been through a lot, the last thing they need is a shallow, self-absorbed woman to show up and want them to gush over her. 

1 hour ago, Curious said:

Thanks!

To add sources to Formergothardite's summary, here are two blog posts Raquel wrote with ample photographic evidence of Raquel's inappropriate behavior:

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2015/01/i-have-returned-from-peru.html

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2015/01/raquelinperutake2-part-2-yungay.html

And here is the story of Raquel vs. Racquel:

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/2015/01/a-story-about-brunette-blonde-and.html

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived