IGNORED

Joy-Anna turns 18th on Oct 28th

countressrascal

He was at Jilly Muffin's wedding. I'm trying to stalk back that far and see if he appears in any pictures with any Duggar girls. That seems like a long time to hang around the family without sparking a courtship, though. My guess is he's a friend of the howlers or JB has said no. 

JB said yes to Ben, an uneducated teenager. His bar is pretty low.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB said yes to Ben, an uneducated teenager. His bar is pretty low.

I agree. I still don't think he's there for a courtship, though. Who knows, he may have a sordid past of eating real bacon and JB just thought it was too much risk. I can't explain Boob's courtship requirements. 

I occasionally break out the Chanticleer Christmas DVD a few months in advance, but I have so many Christmas carols that I love and I don't want to over-expose myself to them to the point where I find them annoying or boring.

see, I avoid that problem by having a huge selection of Christmas music from classics to today and from vocals to instrumentals. I can play Christmas music all year and not be bored with the songs. 

This is JB we are talking about. Plus, stories from previous crew members that were posted after the first scandal broke talked about how the crew was not to even mention things outside the Duggar mindset/that contradicted or altered their world view. 

Yeah, I know it's too much to hope that JB has any kind of perspective, but I just had to point out (once again) how ridiculous their whole worldview is. SIGH.

OT, but just took a look at the caroling videos. Jinger is a good piano player, Joy has a nice voice but needs to stop sliding into every note, Spurgeon is displeased by Christmas music, Jordyn and Mackynzie are adorable, and guys seriously Jesus isn't coming for another month why are Christmas carols happening now.

Well, yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent, so Caroling is legit.  

Ok; looked into this Josh Wilson person. He's a fundie...

http://northridgesabetha.com/page/upcoming-events

and his music is "Christian." So he fits the Duggar profile. Definitely think he's looking to snag a Duggar girl. Any guesses? He travels all over doing concerts so whoever he gets will have a better life & will definitely be out there.

Jana. Take jana. She's perfect for you. And she can sing & play instruments. Come on JB, do your duty.

The "Noel" tour is the Other Josh Wilson.  That one is based in Nashville but is a Texas preacher's son (born in Arkansas but raised in Texas).  He is in his early thirties and has a wife and baby.  He is pretty  successful and well known in Christian music. He even has had a couple of songs make it to quasi-mainstream. He is NOT the one posting pictures of himself with the Duggars.

This New Josh Wilson is only "up and coming" and doesn't seem to be touring anything except the TTH. (And his real family name is apparently not Wilson.)

Ok so I did some stalking and Josh Wilson was at ALERT in 2012. What Duggar was at ALERT in 2012? It appears he went to a normal high school and played basketball. 

Ok so I did some stalking and Josh Wilson was at ALERT in 2012. What Duggar was at ALERT in 2012? It appears he went to a normal high school and played basketball. 

Was that when Josiah was there? If not, it would have had to be Joe or JD if anyone 

Was that when Josiah was there? If not, it would have had to be Joe or JD if anyone 

I'm not positive but I think it's Joe. He would have been 17 vs JD who would have been 22, and I believe they go after they get their GEDs IIRC

Im changing my mind about this Josh Wilson trying to court a Duggar girl. It seems that he's just another IBLP/ATI guy whose family knows the Duggars

The "Noel" tour is the Other Josh Wilson.  That one is based in Nashville but is a Texas preacher's son (born in Arkansas but raised in Texas).  He is in his early thirties and has a wife and baby.  He is pretty  successful and well known in Christian music. He even has had a couple of songs make it to quasi-mainstream. He is NOT the one posting pictures of himself with the Duggars.

This New Josh Wilson is only "up and coming" and doesn't seem to be touring anything except the TTH. (And his real family name is apparently not Wilson.)

Talk about someone who really needs to fire their manager.  

Oh hell, I thought we had a live one on the hook. Dammit. Sounds like another JimBob fix-up from ATI. At least he has music ambitions-or not. I guess if he's ATI, then he plans to only work for himself or his father. RUN, GIRLS!

In that picture posted on famyfriday (of joy and Jana holding the babes), joy has a thin gold band on her left ring finger.....hope it doesn't mean anything!!!

In that picture posted on famyfriday (of joy and Jana holding the babes), joy has a thin gold band on her left ring finger.....hope it doesn't mean anything!!!

it's probably a purity ring. 

Actual question: do fundies do Advent?

Depends on the church. The Duggars claim to be southern baptist, so they might. Some SB churches are adopting advent and lent, but typically they don't celebrate either. The SBC didn't even embrace Christmas until the mid 1800s. 

I think the Duggars observe it to some extent, even if they don't use the term advent. 

The church that I am currently going to is a Southern Baptist church and they celebrate Advent. 

But my church is much more of a liberal southern baptist than anything I have seen from the duggars

You know who is a good looking guy? That Austin Forsyth aka @austin4site (private, doesn't accept followers) - he's always hanging with the Duggars and I believe he was in jessas caroling videos. He seems like a real fundie catch and so does @Thelonehubert. I've always thought they might end up with a Duggar/bates. 

Depends on the church. The Duggars claim to be southern baptist, so they might. Some SB churches are adopting advent and lent, but typically they don't celebrate either. The SBC didn't even embrace Christmas until the mid 1800s. 

I think the Duggars observe it to some extent, even if they don't use the term advent. 

(My bolded)

I thought the Duggars were usually identified as IFB, Independent Fundamentalist Baptist, a rather different flavor from SBC, Southern Baptist Conference.

Actual question: do fundies do Advent?

Who cares?  I was talking about my sensibilities not being offended by their caroling.  :pb_biggrin:

Seriously, whether they know it or not, if they are going around caroling and insisting that we keep Christ in Christmas and reminding folks that Jesus is the Reason for the Season,  they are "celebrating" Advent.  

You know who is a good looking guy? That Austin Forsyth aka @austin4site (private, doesn't accept followers) - he's always hanging with the Duggars and I believe he was in jessas caroling videos. He seems like a real fundie catch and so does @Thelonehubert. I've always thought they might end up with a Duggar/bates. 

I dunno, but wasn't he one of the ones we thought might be Jill's mystery man before we found out that it was Derick?

(My bolded)

I thought the Duggars were usually identified as IFB, Independent Fundamentalist Baptist, a rather different flavor from SBC, Southern Baptist Conference.

I could have sworn that the Duggars stated on multiple occasions that they were SBs. 

ETA: wasn't the church that said Jill and Derick weren't missionaries through them a SBC?

ETA: wasn't the church that said Jill and Derick weren't missionaries through them a SBC?

Yes. So maybe the Dillards are becoming more SBC 

The Duggars belong to the Church of Jim Bob. They may say they are Baptist, quiverful, and use Gothard's teachings, but deep down they are their own special religious cult.

The Duggars belong to the Church of Jim Bob. They may say they are Baptist, quiverful, and use Gothard's teachings, but deep down they are their own special religious cult.

Actually, they've ademately denied being quiverfull since they got their show (maybe even before then). It even used to be on their websites FAQ page. And, beyond the ATI conferences, which they've never addressed by name, they're also very careful about not labeling themselves as his followers. They wouldn't even admit that they sent Josh to his camp or used his wisdom booklets when dealing with Josh's crimes. 

That said, I don't think they are really special enough to have their own brand of Christianity. I think they very much embrace all things Gothard. 

Archived