IGNORED

Joy-Anna turns 18th on Oct 28th

countressrascal

They have long said they "were not quiverful's" but producing nearly 2 dozen children kind of refutes that.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have long said they "were not quiverful's" but producing nearly 2 dozen children kind of refutes that.

oh, I know. I'm just saying that the Duggars don't identify that way. At least not publicly. 

oh, I know. I'm just saying that the Duggars don't identify that way. At least not publicly. 

Well, if they quack like a duck in public, and walk like a duck in private....

The Duggars belong to the Church of Jim Bob. They may say they are Baptist, quiverful, and use Gothard's teachings, but deep down they are their own special religious cult.

This exactly.  If JB could claim ATI and Gothards teachings as his he would.  I think the reason no one wants to court the Duggar kids in the ATI higher ups is because of him.  He wants all his kids and their spouses and kids under HIS control.  I see him as more of a Jim Jones than a Gothard follower.  The only thing JB cares about is his legacy not his families souls. 

It's part of the comments in the thread on an istagram account called famyfriday.  I am positive that they did NOT go out with the crew to have a beer, but saw the crew having wrap beers and told JB what they saw.  That is if the origonal comment can be trusted. 

Found the referenced comment 

LOL As someone who has worked on a lot of film sets and attended lots of wrap get togethers and parties... good luck to JB being so anti-alcohol in a Hollywood industry. I'm pretty sure most of my industry friends would rather not work on a show that would make them stop drinking. My husband included. He worked at a major tv network for a long time and they not infrequently had beers in the office. Ha!

OT, but just took a look at the caroling videos. Jinger is a good piano player, Joy has a nice voice but needs to stop sliding into every note, Spurgeon is displeased by Christmas music, Jordyn and Mackynzie are adorable, and guys seriously Jesus isn't coming for another month why are Christmas carols happening now.

Also OT but Mackynzie is really starting to look like her Aunt Priscilla, IMO.

I recognized Josh Wilson's sister in one of his ig pics. Foreverchanged18. She seems to be chummy with Jessa and Jinger and has been on SOS trips with the Duggars. Total fundies.

Austin Forsythe is cute, and yes, he was someone who got mentioned when we were trying to ID Derick. His parents run the family camp the Seewalds and Dillards went to with JB&M recently.

Has anyone IDed the dark haired guy in glasses yet?

I don't think singing carols at this time of year indicates that they celebrate Advent. In the USA anytime after Thanksgiving / Football / Black Friday weekend, it seems to be good to go for doing any Christmas stuff. People put up decorations, really start shopping, etc. so why not sing some carols? 

Advent is supposed to be the month long countdown to Christmas, and I could see them wanting to spread out the celebration as long as possible, so I could see them doing a special Bible thing every night or something else extra-Jesus-ey.

I don't think singing carols at this time of year indicates that they celebrate Advent. In the USA anytime after Thanksgiving / Football / Black Friday weekend, it seems to be good to go for doing any Christmas stuff. People put up decorations, really start shopping, etc. so why not sing some carols? 

Advent is supposed to be the month long countdown to Christmas, and I could see them wanting to spread out the celebration as long as possible, so I could see them doing a special Bible thing every night or something else extra-Jesus-ey.

I'm sure there will be lots of Michelle/Virgin Mary comparisons. And there are some: both had jackasses accompany them to the birthing facility.

This exactly.  If JB could claim ATI and Gothards teachings as his he would.  I think the reason no one wants to court the Duggar kids in the ATI higher ups is because of him.  He wants all his kids and their spouses and kids under HIS control.  I see him as more of a Jim Jones than a Gothard follower.  The only thing JB cares about is his legacy not his families souls. 

I think this is precisely why Jana is not married to a HQ guy (even though I think she'd do well married to one).  

Archived