Jinger Nicole Duggar
Birthday: December 21, 1993

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jinger will be 22 on her next birthday so yes, she is 21:

Jinger Nicole Duggar
Birthday: December 21, 1993

I thought so. I remember her age because she's a few months older than my brother. 

Wow, she's 21!  I just Googled it and put my faith in Google and not the Lord.

I feel like we've been rooting for this girl forever.  Gah.

Jinger's 21 isn't she? 

Yes, she is.  I think she'll be 22 at the end of the year.  There's Joseph and Josiah between her and Joy.

Jinger is definitely not 19.  Since the birth order is Jinger, Joe, Josiah, then Joy.

Do you think Joy-Anna is about to enter a courtship with Lawson Bates?  

I don't think Joy's courting for a little while, but Jinger and Lawson might be a thing, though nothing is confirmed. I have mixed feelings about that possible relationship. The good: they could move to Nashville, which is a pretty nice city from what I've heard and would give Jinger a taste of urban living without being overhwelming, they've known each other and each other's families for a long time, she seems very happy in the pictures where she's hanging out with him, and they'd make some damn cute babies. The bad: Lawson seems like he'd be a bit of a douche, the Bateses have butt-chugged just as much Gothard Kool-Aid as the Duggars if not more, JB would try to get his show back by horning in on the Bateses' show.

That entire article is a rehash of our speculation here on FJ.  

Probably because we are their sources! :D 

That entire article is a rehash of our speculation here on FJ.  

Do you have a link to a thread that says Joy-Anna might be courting Lawson Bates?  This is the first I've thought about it, but it makes sense because he showed up in Arkansas for her birthday - which was just last week.

Also, I don't think Jinger's and Lawson's personalities click.  Lawson seems much more mellow and laid back, whereas Jinger is – I don't have the right word, but she certainly isn't mellow and laid back … how would you describe Jinger's personality?

Wow, is the author of that Inquisitr article really so dense that she didn't realize this was some random leghumper account and definitely not the Duggars? Good heavens.

Inquisitor.jpg

That Inquisitr article has so many errors... whoever wrote it assumed the leghumper instagram account was the official Duggar account (it's not). They assumed the Bates family blog written by Lily and Ellie is the actual Bates family blog written by the Bates family (it's not). They assumed 'johndavidduggar' on Twitter is actually John David Duggar (it's not). They're either knowingly spreading false information, or just plain lazy. "Journalism" at its finest. If anyone needs further proof that these tabloids are not reliable sources, look no further.

I don't think that any of the kids will write a tell all til the dq and dim boob die. Also Jinger has already kissed a boy. 

when?  how do you know?

Also, I don't think Jinger's and Lawson's personalities click.  Lawson seems much more mellow and laid back, whereas Jinger is – I don't have the right word, but she certainly isn't mellow and laid back … how would you describe Jinger's personality?

I would describe Jinger as spunky and artistic. But I think since there are not many ways she can express that, she comes off as passive sometimes.

Pretty sure this poster is just saying that, in her opinion, based on her own imagination, she likes to believe that Jinger has kissed a boy. Go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been following the Duggars for years and never heard a hint of it.

I think if Jinger, Joy or Jana were to be married anytime soon, we would end up disappointed in them just like with Jill and Jessa. We want to believe that they want to escape, go to college, use birth control and become pants wearing women of the world. That's our dream and there is no reason to believe it is theirs. Most likely, the minute they get access to social media, they will travel the same road as their sisters. They will spew the hatred and ignorance of their sisters. There is nothing to lead me to believe otherwise.

Jinger wanting to live in a big city doesn't mean she doesn't want the lifestyle she has grown up in. She may just want to live where there is likely more people and activities. If these girls wanted out so badly, they would know that by marrying someone acceptable to their parents, they are trapping themselves in the lifestyle since babies will soon arrive and their options become more limited. They aren't as sheltered as Sarah Maxwell. Jana has the password to the Internet, she could google and look for ways out. Maybe she doesn't want to. Maybe they know what's out there and they don't want it. Maybe they just want the life their parents have had and that's ok too. I don't agree it but it's not my life. 

In an old, old episode where Jinger gets her learner's permit, if you decided to make a drinking game out of every time someone said "spunky" in reference to Jinger, you'd have a very bad morning the next day. Though it was difficult to tell if by "spunky" the Duggars actually meant spunky with a good connotation as Webster's defined it "full of spirit, courage and determination" or spunky with a bad (in Duggarville) connotation as in "rolls eyes frequently and lives in the prayer closet." 

How many Diggars are 18 now? I feel like things won't get interesting until a fair amount of them have reached the age of adulthood, particularly those who have found a spouse.

How many Diggars are 18 now? I feel like things won't get interesting until a fair amount of them have reached the age of adulthood, particularly those who have found a spouse.

With Joy 9.

I have a feeling that things will indeed get interesting once the younger Duggars grow up and the older ones are in their mid-30s, when the reality of having eleventy kids and possible financial and marital struggles will catch up with them.

Archived