IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Are things more casual in the south? Near the cities, like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, etc everyone dresses formally. It is just how it is and how things are done here. People from the south do experience a bit of culture shock up here. I think in the south, things must just be more laid back and people are nonchalant? What might be seen as tacky or rude near the city might just be the "norm" in the south?

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked my sister to stand in as mother of the bride (our mother paased away in 2007). She was the last one to walk down the aisle before the wedding party. When my minister asked who gives this woman in marriage, she stood on the other side of my father when said her sister and I do. When the handfasting and Irish wedding blessing, she, my dad, and my husband's parents came up to the alter and lit candles.

I wanted to honor my sister in a very special way, and that's how I chose to do it. She helped me with the wedding planning and kept me calm. Most of all, I love her.

Are things more casual in the south? Near the cities, like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, etc everyone dresses formally. It is just how it is and how things are done here. People from the south do experience a bit of culture shock up here. I think in the south, things must just be more laid back and people are nonchalant? What might be seen as tacky or rude near the city might just be the "norm" in the south?

I think it is not a regional thing but depends on individual communities. I am in the South, and I have yet to attend a wedding where jeans would have been okay. But I have always lived in cities and my circle of friends has tended to be professionals.

Weddings in the various southern cities where I have lived for the past 30-plus years have generally required clothes ranging from "business casual" (aka "church clothes") to "black tie optional."

My daughter, whose friends are getting married in droves lately, hasn't been to a single wedding where she and her friends didn't "dress up." Morning and early afternoon events will tend to be less fancy, but late afternoon events with a party afterwards always seem to require a cocktail dress or its equivalent for the women and a coat and tie for the men.(And my daughter and her friends are pretty trendy.)

So I would say that while there are certainly communities where there is a lot less dressing up for special events, I would not characterize the South as less likely to dress up.

Funny how experiences can differ. :think:

I disagree that "things are becoming more casual". Dress code must just depend on where you are geographically because here in the suburbs near Chicago, it is expected that you dress formal for all weddings whether they are outside or not. Anything other than formal dress is tacky around here and you would stick out like a sore thumb.

Thank God I live in dumpy old Nebraska. I don't own one item of clothing that would be classified as formal. Ha!

I'm beginning to get concerned about her. She doesn't look bored or sad to me she looks like she is in pain. I wonder if she gets stomachaches or headaches a lot.

In an episode a while back, she was having headaches and they got her glasses. But I don't think I ever saw her wear them in any other episode. I feel she may get lost in the shuffle at home. It makes me sad.

In an episode a while back, she was having headaches and they got her glasses. But I don't think I ever saw her wear them in any other episode. I feel she may get lost in the shuffle at home. It makes me sad.

I think her glasses were just for reading, but either way, it wouldn't surprise me if Michelle didn't enforce it much. Jenni looked like she hated being with Michelle in that episode.

Jenni looks like she's depressed. I know some people hate it when others virtually diagnose people (and I do it all the time, I can't help it) but she looks depressed.

I just worry that if any of the kids actually had some sort of issue going on like a learning disability or is on the autism spectrum or struggles with depression or anxiety (or hey, how about a child molesting teenager?!), M&J not only wouldn't get that child help, they wouldn't even fucking acknowledge it.

I have too many pictures of myself with that expression. I really feel that a few of those kids are introverts (ahem-Jana) They can't all have the personality of Famy and Jessa. Some times alone to recharge is just Needed for some people. That is never gonna happen in that house. Childhood depression is real. I really hope they are just catching her tired or bored.

I just worry that if any of the kids actually had some sort of issue going on like a learning disability or is on the autism spectrum or struggles with depression or anxiety (or hey, how about a child molesting teenager?!), M&J not only wouldn't get that child help, they wouldn't even fucking acknowledge it.

I mentioned this recently on another thread. And the fact is, it's child neglect. If one of the children has a need (ie learning disability, etc) - I'm not diagnosing, but out of 19 children, the likelihood of one having SOMETHING, even mild is moderate - and they are not seeking help beyond prayer, they are guilty of neglect.

I reckon if it's one of the girls it wouldn't matter... You can cook and clean and take your headship's orders and spank little babies even with a learning disorder. Who would even notice any difference if you'd be forbidden to study anything anyway.

What do you think Amy and Dillon talk about?

Yes, they're on their honeymoon, and honeymooning, not talking, but what about in between and after the honeymoon?

Judging from Dillon's Instagram photos and comments, there's even less there there than I'd seen in pre-wedding posts. He doesn't reach much beyond "My wife is hoTTTT." And his report on Saturday's dinner was, um, precious: "We attended the French restaurant and they did not disappoint!" Attended?

And about today's video, "I like our patio, our private plunge pool is so much more awesome, but my wife rocks even harder." This is too-good-to-be-true straight American white guy oaf-speak. Funny.

It's interesting to see that the notables on their trip are the drinks, the food, Amy glamor shots, patio, plunge pool, and Amy rockin' even harder. Rock. Hard.

Yes, they're on their honeymoon, and I appreciate that we're not getting the usual Fundie we-can-kiss-now shots, but, really, would you be as shallow as the KingPickles seem?

What do they talk about?

Yes, they're on their honeymoon, and honeymooning, not talking, but what about in between and after the honeymoon?

Judging from Dillon's Instagram photos and comments, there's even less there there than I'd seen in pre-wedding posts. He doesn't reach much beyond "My wife is hoTTTT." And his report on Saturday's dinner was, um, precious: "We attended the French restaurant and they did not disappoint!" Attended?

And about today's video, "I like our patio, our private plunge pool is so much more awesome, but my wife rocks even harder." This is too-good-to-be-true straight American white guy oaf-speak. Funny.

It's interesting to see that the notables on their trip are the drinks, the food, Amy glamor shots, patio, plunge pool, and Amy rockin' even harder. Rock. Hard.

Yes, they're on their honeymoon, and I appreciate that we're not getting the usual Fundie we-can-kiss-now shots, but, really, would you be as shallow as the KingPickles seem?

What do they talk about?

I think they are well matched intellectually. :D

What do they talk about?

Well, it's not like Amy's all sparkling wit herself, so they're probably very compatible. Though I want to believe that these types of douche-y dudebro posts are just him trying to be cool on social media...if he's learned anything from Amy, it's that one should develop a (bad) brand persona and stick with it publicly.

I do often wonder what all the extreme fundie couples talk about outside of religion and all the day-to-day stuff. Like Jessa and Ben, for example. Take away their favorite topic of who's going to hell and why, and any "work" related stuff as far as public appearances and such, but does a personal conversation between them look like?

The small clip drew lots of comments from fans — many of them positive and congratulatory — with some critiquing Mrs. King's skimpy apparel. "I would like to say congrats to u too [sic]!!!! However, Amy I wish you had a little more modesty," one fan said. "You are a beautiful woman with sooo many little girls watching you. I'm not saying you have to walk around with a trash bag on or wear skirts all the time (because I don't). A lot of young girls would benefit from you being a little more modest in the things you wear and post on IG. No matter how you look at it… a 2 piece bathing suit is a fancy bra/panty set."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-bod ... z3ljuryPGm

Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

:popcorn2:

What a life... Wearing a bathing suit to a pool is a cause of upset

(What are the Duggar fans' young daughters doing on INSTAGRAM::::?????)

I do often wonder what all the extreme fundie couples talk about outside of religion and all the day-to-day stuff. Like Jessa and Ben, for example. Take away their favorite topic of who's going to hell and why, and any "work" related stuff as far as public appearances and such, but does a personal conversation between them look like?

I always figured that Jessa and Bin conversed in Bible verses, citing chapter and verse along the way, of course.

(Why hasn't Saturday Night Live done this!? 40 years of shows, a Church Lady, Father Guido, Jim and Tammy Faye, Tebow confessing to Jesus, but no fundie Bible chit-chatters. It'd be so special--no, precious--if they did it)

Bin: "They wander about for food And growl if they are not satisfied (Psalms 59:15)."

Jessa: "Jesus said to them, 'Come and have breakfast.' (John 21:12)"

Bin: "You gave Me no kiss (Luke 7:45)."

Jessa: "My heart became secretly enticed, And my hand threw a kiss from my mouth (Job 31:27)."

Bin: "You open Your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing (Psalms 145:16)"

How old is the King Pickle? I hope he bough a good roaming plan for Mexico or he's going to have a hefty bill next month with all the texting and uploading of vids, etc.

Awesome that Famy wore the bikini!

[emoji14]opcorn2:

What the fuck. I'm no Famy fan, but fuck this noise. Famy: rock a 2-piece if you want, girl! And don't let anyone try to shame you about it. There's nothing wrong with a woman showing her body, no matter what it looks like!! Fuck these people who think we need to hide ourselves for whatever fucked up reason they pull out of their ass, which is where their head resides.

I always figured that Jessa and Bin conversed in Bible verses, citing chapter and verse along the way, of course.

(Why hasn't Saturday Night Live done this!? 40 years of shows, a Church Lady, Father Guido, Jim and Tammy Faye, Tebow confessing to Jesus, but no fundie Bible chit-chatters. It'd be so special--no, precious--if they did it)

Bin: "They wander about for food And growl if they are not satisfied (Psalms 59:15)."

Jessa: "Jesus said to them, 'Come and have breakfast.' (John 21:12)"

Bin: "You gave Me no kiss (Luke 7:45)."

Jessa: "My heart became secretly enticed, And my hand threw a kiss from my mouth (Job 31:27)."

Bin: "You open Your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing (Psalms 145:16)"

. . . This just made my day. . . I love you for this!!! :hug:

:popcorn2:

Dear Instagram assholes,

Kindly shut the fuck up and let the woman enjoy her Honeymoon.

Thanks so much!

The Dinosaur who shall devour your soul if you don't comply

P.S. I agree with King Dill Duggar Jordan King - his wife is hot! :lol:

How old is the King Pickle? I hope he bough a good roaming plan for Mexico or he's going to have a hefty bill next month with all the texting and uploading of vids, etc.

Awesome that Famy wore the bikini!

I'm sure that their swanky resort has free wifi. My husband and I are staying at a similarly tiered Cancun all inclusive starting this weekend, and they offer free wifi throughout the resort and free US/Canadian phone calls from the rooms.

I'm sure that their swanky resort has free wifi. My husband and I are staying at a similarly tiered Cancun all inclusive starting this weekend, and they offer free wifi throughout the resort and free US/Canadian phone calls from the rooms.

True, true!! I am losing it :angry-banghead:

Enjoy your trip!! :D

I know I'm interrupting King wedding talk, so apologies, but all the discussion of different wedding culture struck me after hearing about a wedding my daughter attended over the weekend.

The bride and groom washed each other's feet. The venue was a lovely old barn, and the B & G wore cowboy boots and socks. It took 3 tries for the groom to get the bride seated correctly on the stool and because he is almost a foot taller she had a hard time getting his boots off. He didn't dry her feet properly so had a terrible time putting them back on! Apparently everyone but the MOB took it all with a good sense of humor, but Whoa! Country bumpkin that I am I'd never heard of a foot washing ceremony during a wedding but I've been informed it's a thing now?

Edited for riffles

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived