IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

I love that word too. Right back atcha ;)

Also, I just realized that NoneandDoneinCali actually posted some information that was originally posted by others in AYTFJ. Granted, she twisted a ton of the facts and misattributed a lot of them to S-Cubed (as I call her). But still, isn't that against the rules?

LMAO S-Cubed, I freaking love it! I am going to call myself that from now on!

Edit: Honestly, I'm pretty careful to never post anything in AYTFJ that I wouldn't post on the rest of the board, so I *personally* don't really care about that (though to be fair almost nothing she said actually applies to me and I might feel different if it did). I do think she may have been remembering some things I've actually posted about at some point in the past [being single, online dating] and then conflating me with someone else on everything else. But yeah, in any case, kind of sketchy.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that word too. Right back atcha ;)

Also, I just realized that NoneandDoneinCali actually posted some information that was originally posted by others in AYTFJ. Granted, she twisted a ton of the facts and misattributed a lot of them to S-Cubed (as I call her). But still, isn't that against the rules?

Technically, no. (see what I did there?). It's only against the rules to directly quote/copy/paste from restricted areas of the forum (there are more restricted forums than just AYTFJ).

However, that post was absolutely over the top and having been here since I took over, the member should have known a) thread drift is allowed and b) people are going to react negatively to the suggestion that thread drift take a hike.

I've said many (many, many, MANY) times recently that thread drift is allowed and not going anywhere. It's part of our culture. Full stop.

Again, the BEST way to handle thread drift on topics you don't like is to just keep talking about the topic of the thread and people will usually get back on track. Alternatively, you can do as someone suggested and start a new thread and ask people KINDLY to join you there for the off topic discussion. They are under no obligation to do that, however most people will talk about things on the new thread (which will also likely go off topic at some point) if given the opportunity.

This has been a verbose PSA from the letter R and the number 3, so no one thinks it's meant to hurt feelings or have any other kind of emotional impact on anyone :wink-kitty:

Also, it's made clear in both the "Welcome New Members" section and in most of the popular threads that thread drift is allowed. It's been explained to new and not-so-new posters many times in the past few months that no, we don't have to stop talking about Harry Potter/nail polish/weddings/cats versus dogs because someone else may happen to not like it. And personally, I find people who feel entitled to require conversations only concern things they are interested in to be immature and solipsistic.

We've explained the permissibility of thread drift enough times. A simple "No" suffices at this point.

Nausica25, thank you for teaching me a fun new word today!!

What Famy wedding info even is there to know? She got married. She went on her honeymoon. Any info we have on here was basically gleaned from tabloids. Go look there if you need a succinct summary or want to see pics.

Amy just posted about a book she and Dill are reading called "His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage". Enough said. I found some kind of an outline of the book: storage.cloversites.com/churchontherock/documents/His%20Needs,%20Her%20Needs.pdf

I'm not surprised by these archaic ideas of how a "good marriage" should run, especially coming from a Christian, but I am a bit disappointed in Amy if she's seriously buying that thou-shalt-stay-dolled-up-and-have-sex-whenever-he-wants nonsense. It's also telling that she might also blame Anna to some degree for Joshgate 2.0.

Amy just posted about a book she and Dill are reading called "His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage". Enough said. I found some kind of an outline of the book: storage.cloversites.com/churchontherock/documents/His%20Needs,%20Her%20Needs.pdf

I'm not surprised by these archaic ideas of how a "good marriage" should run, especially coming from a Christian, but I am a bit disappointed in Amy if she's seriously buying that thou-shalt-stay-dolled-up-and-have-sex-whenever-he-wants nonsense. It's also telling that she might also blame Anna to some degree for Joshgate 2.0.

Basically what I'm seeing is that men are looking for skinny, pretty, sexy but not TOO sexy women who will have fulfilling sex with them always and will play sports with them and take care of them like their mom, and women are looking for a bff with money.

fuckin yuck.

We are NOT fundie at all... but I do love looking lovely for the hubs... and me.... (and in general, I am not a troll under a bridge) and we have the nasty/heavenly whenever it hits us. Not sure any book made us this way. Mr MM and I are pretty happy, regardless. Nothing wrong with treating him/us in all the right ways.... without a book demanding one do so. Yikes! We need a book to figure this out??

Just wanted to say 'hi' to a fellow N.E. Ohioian. Now I am going to be on the lookout for that truck! LOL.

Oh yes, because the menagerie it contains is definitely entertaining! lol Hello to you from the NEO! :D We should all do an FJ meet and greet! There seem to be several of us lurking around here.

Basically what I'm seeing is that men are looking for skinny, pretty, sexy but not TOO sexy women who will have fulfilling sex with them always and will play sports with them and take care of them like their mom, and women are looking for a bff with money.

fuckin yuck.

I agree. Blech. Is there a vomit smiley here? :ew: (Close enough.)

OMG.

"Men like women who like sex".

I wonder if Josh and Anna read this book too?

OMG.

"Men like women who like sex".

I wonder if Josh and Anna read this book too?

Disgusting. I guess I should count my lucky stars that my husband loves me in spite of having a medical condition that makes sex extremely painful and almost impossible. :pull-hair:

For people that are so puritanical, fundies spend a lot of time talking about sex. I swear I have heard them talk about sex more than my heathen friends. Do they believe there is anything else keeping a relationship together other than sex, their version of God and having a million babies? Do these fundies even enjoy the company of their spouses if you take out sex and babies? You can have great sex with anyone, regardless of the relationship status. That is the easy part. Actually wanting to be with someone for the long term, enjoying their company, wanting to be there in the good and hard times, laughing, talking, etc., that is the hard and best part of a relationship. It makes the work worth it though. And it may be bitchy but I think if you have just got back from your honeymoon and are reading books about how to keep your new spouse from cheating, your marriage is already in trouble. If you are so concerned your spouse may cheat already, maybe you should not have gotten married. A book isn't going to help you keep another person from cheating.

Also, it's made clear in both the "Welcome New Members" section and in most of the popular threads that thread drift is allowed. It's been explained to new and not-so-new posters many times in the past few months that no, we don't have to stop talking about Harry Potter/nail polish/weddings/cats versus dogs because someone else may happen to not like it. And personally, I find people who feel entitled to require conversations only concern things they are interested in to be immature and solipsistic.

We've explained the permissibility of thread drift enough times. A simple "No" suffices at this point.

This is a little thread drift from a different thread drift, but all the Harry Potter talk caused me to FINALLY break down and start watching the movies. We're watching one a week. Up until now, I've never seen them or read the books.

For people that are so puritanical, fundies spend a lot of time talking about sex. I swear I have heard them talk about sex more than my heathen friends. Do they believe there is anything else keeping a relationship together other than sex, their version of God and having a million babies? Do these fundies even enjoy the company of their spouses if you take out sex and babies? You can have great sex with anyone, regardless of the relationship status. That is the easy part. Actually wanting to be with someone for the long term, enjoying their company, wanting to be there in the good and hard times, laughing, talking, etc., that is the hard and best part of a relationship. It makes the work worth it though. And it may be bitchy but I think if you have just got back from your honeymoon and are reading books about how to keep your new spouse from cheating, your marriage is already in trouble. If you are so concerned your spouse may cheat already, maybe you should not have gotten married. A book isn't going to help you keep another person from cheating.

Seriously! And it's truly nausea inducing how involved they are in their children's sex lives and future sex lives. It's... gross. Now, I Wasn't Raised Right and my mom was pretty open about everything and you know how many times we've talked about me having sex with my husband? Exactly 0.000 times. Zero to the tenth power. I don't think it's weird for a mom/daughter to have those kinds of conversations in private (we just don't and I'm ok with that, maybe I'm just a prude due to my mother's... non-prudey ways?) but I definitely think it's weird for a parent to be thinking about it all the time and then to discuss it not only in public but on national television! Barf-o-gag-a-rama! Yuck-a-doodle-doo.

This is a little thread drift from a different thread drift, but all the Harry Potter talk caused me to FINALLY break down and start watching the movies. We're watching one a week. Up until now, I've never seen them or read the books.

Then it was worth every post :)

Re amy's book: am I totally off in thinking it's weird to worry about affair proofing your marriage right out the gate? I mean, first of all, there are more pressing concerns...just being a good wife/husband and set up a life together. Learning how to listen and grow together. But affair-proofing? That's not even a thought to my no-longer-a-newlywed brain. Is this something people generally strive for or are concerned about? Not affairs in general, but making a supposed affair-proof marriage? Maybe it's just the wording, but I am not feeling this book title [emoji14]

Re amy's book: am I totally off in thinking it's weird to worry about affair proofing your marriage right out the gate? I mean, first of all, there are more pressing concerns...just being a good wife/husband and set up a life together. Learning how to listen and grow together. But affair-proofing? That's not even a thought to my no-longer-a-newlywed brain. Is this something people generally strive for or are concerned about? Not affairs in general, but making a supposed affair-proof marriage? Maybe it's just the wording, but I am not feeling this book title [emoji14]

This. If you're worrying about preventing affairs after only a few weeks of marriage you probably married the wrong person.

Don't worry about anything, enjoy yourselves, do things together. Write thank you letters to the idiot leghumpers that sent you gifts..

This. If you're worrying about preventing affairs after only a few weeks of marriage you probably married the wrong person.

Don't worry about anything, enjoy yourselves, do things together. Write thank you letters to the idiot leghumpers that sent you gifts..

I was thinking it was another passive-aggressive jab at Josh and her Uncle's family.

One commenter recommended the Pearl's book to her! :angry-banghead: Although, this book may not be that much different from what you guys are saying.

Oh it fully was aimed at Josh, they're just pretending it's not... which they are too stupid to realize is even more embarrassing for them.

I wonder how pissed Amy is today with the announcement about TLC specials for Jill and Jessa while she got nothing. Ha!

I wonder how pissed Amy is today with the announcement about TLC specials for Jill and Jessa while she got nothing. Ha!

lmao

I wonder if King Dill Pickle will treat us to another anti-TLC rant?

lmao

I wonder if King Dill Pickle will treat us to another anti-TLC rant?

I think they'll behave... in desperate hopes they get some camera time again.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived