IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 7: O Smuggar Where Art Thou?

happy atheist

Nice thread title. (yeah, voted for it, though some of the others were pretty awesome too)

In the old thread, someone mentioned the article on the Slant website, and the awful comments. It took a bit of searching but I found it. (It's the one that says people really ought to be talking about Anna.)

Yeah, the comments are for the most part AWFUL. I wanted to post a comment myself, but I'd have to breach my anonymity to do that and I'm not ready to do that yet. So if any of you don't mind using a public facebook identity to comment there, have at it.

I couldn't believe the guy who said it's just sin, and everyone sins. Well, I could believe him, because I hear it all the time. I wanted to answer him and ask him if he molested his younger siblings, or if he signed up on the AM site with an eye to committing adultery, or if it was all theoretical on his part?

'Cause I know for sure that I never did such things.

Someone used that "it's just a sin" argument on one of the instagram accounts I follow. I responded with:

No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

John 3:6-10

Then I pointed out that none of Josh's actions said that he was someone who sinned and repented, they were of someone who regularly chooses crime and other sins, such that he makes a habit of it. Therefore, he is not to be compared to those who "stumble" once in a while.

Shut them up pretty fast.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right? A handful of the kids were seen at the trampoline park and it didn't make much of a ripple here.

My boys LOVE that trampoline park. They have family night for 35/hr on mondays, I wonder how many Duggars they were able to squeeze in for that price? :lol:

He feels Smuggar will continue to have more mistresses........who'd hate themselves enough to actually bang him? I'd think there's very little personal profit to be made off this story for someone coming forward. Everyone remembers the first (Danica) no one cares by the fifth.

And I agree Danica does resemble a sexed-up version of Anna.

Honestly, I really don't think you have to hate yourself to end up with a guy like him as a piece of side meat. He's not attractive, but I've ended up with guys who are a lot less attractive. He's fucked up, but if he's side meat it doesn't matter too much because it's not like you're going to spend a lot of time with side meat. Not everyone is going to know his past, or even be able to recognize him. There are a lot of girls who like it more violent than I imagine he's ever had it. Hell, I'd imagine his ultimate dream girl would be a dominatrix, and anyone who can be a dominatrix isn't going to put up with any shit from a guy.

My boys LOVE that trampoline park. They have family night for 35/hr on mondays, I wonder how many Duggars they were able to squeeze in for that price? :lol:

I bet they did it for $70 an hour, JB's family and Josh's family.

I don't think there's anything for Jchelle. Not unless she got caught on tape abusing a kid or secretly had an abortion. Something about Jim Bob is probably on the horizon

Ultimate Duggar secret: J'Caleb was actually purposefully aborted. JB didn't know Michelle was pregnant until after the abortion, when he found the pee test. She lied and told him that she miscarried. He was devastated. She was guilty. The two emotions together lead them to ATI. And, secretly, this is why Michelle makes all her children wear the "I survived Roe v Wade" shirts.

I think this is a good idea. I know HA has vetoed the idea, but perhaps we "put it in the parking lot" to ponder at another time.

At a time when a big story is just breaking, and there are frequent updates, a thread like that would be good. And I think it is inevitable that there would be some side convos, but I also think, knowing the direct style most posters have, that someone would quickly remind the chatty poster that the thread is not for conversation, just for news updates. Take the chatter about the update to the main threads.

I sort of feel like there are different types of FJ members. And this is not said with any level of judgment, just stating my impression.

One type is a group who are able, or choose to have FJ open much of the day and they post frequently. And then another type who are unable to be on the site much of the day, so they drop by a time or two daily and hope to get caught up on discussion or news.

For the people who are able to be on FJ a lot, the long conversations, and the rolling off topic is not a big deal, because they are in the midst of it. They are just rolling along with the tide of the topic.

For those who stop by once or twice a day, those lengthy off topic excursions are hard to follow. It is often hard to determine what started them, and hard to weed out the occasional on topic nugget that is dropped in amidst the conversation.

I am sort of a blend of both of these types. I work, a lot. I mean, a lot a lot. I have 2 jobs, and I am also in a study program for a special certification. So I tend to do what I call a "Fly by" where I stop by and see if anything new is going on, or to check on thread where I have been active.

Then, sometimes, I grant myself the time to just linger or to keep the page open while I do other things. So then I enjoy following the ebb and flow of the many twists and turns that lots of the threads develop.

For my "fly by" visits, I would love a newsy thread that just is like the CNN HLN. Just a quick snippet of news. For my lingering sessions, I prefer to get into the threads and follow conversations.

At the end of the day though, we are all grown ups and if we don't like what we encounter here, we can stop or go elsewhere. Sometimes I will visit Pickles because she pretty much puts up the newest info. IN a quick 2-3 minutes, I get caught up. Then I come to FJ if I want to join in discussion.

May I ask who Pickles is?

Google "pickles and hairspray". It is a facebook page about the Duggars.

That being said, I do not know who she actually is supposed to be.

Or:

Stop clubbing baby seals.. vs

Stop clubbing, baby seals.

Please google that if you haven't already seen that picture... it's a riot. :lol:

Looking around at home, I just fervently wish a few more here understood that "tow the line" is NOT "toe the line." And that the first is idiotic, and the second is correct. It's not pulling a barge, it's putting the front of your foot on a chalked starting line. . . . as in obeying the rules.

Whew.

Ultimate Duggar secret: J'Caleb was actually purposefully aborted. JB didn't know Michelle was pregnant until after the abortion, when he found the pee test. She lied and told him that she miscarried. He was devastated. She was guilty. The two emotions together lead them to ATI. And, secretly, this is why Michelle makes all her children wear the "I survived Roe v Wade" shirts.

Is this a joke? What makes you say this?

I've always found the whole story strange that they claimed that the reason the pregnancy was lost was because Michelle was unaware she was pregnant and she had resumed taking birth control pills. I don't know if bcps ever work that way, but you could certainly never draw a conclusion that this absolutely was how they miscarried. I've heard both of them make this claim at least once, without offering even an alternative possibility.

Looking around at home, I just fervently wish a few more here understood that "tow the line" is NOT "toe the line." And that the first is idiotic, and the second is correct. It's not pulling a barge, it's putting the front of your foot on a chalked starting line. . . . as in obeying the rules.

Whew.

I'm so glad you clarified that, I have seen the wrong version so many times I have started to question my own recollection. Not wanting to start a whole thread drift but then there is the whole sea change/c change/see change conundrum. I hate to say it but tow the line does make a tiny bit of sense in that it connotes contributing to a group activity/conforming in a way similar to toeing the line.

Is this a joke? What makes you say this?

I've always found the whole story strange that they claimed that the reason the pregnancy was lost was because Michelle was unaware she was pregnant and she had resumed taking birth control pills. I don't know if bcps ever work that way, but you could certainly never draw a conclusion that this absolutely was how they miscarried. I've heard both of them make this claim at least once, without offering even an alternative possibility.

Of course its a joke...

I cannot believe how many of the sarcastic comments are still up on that RU feed...I wonder if they leave them up because at first glance it looks like "oh wow! We had a lot of people watching last night! Look at all the response!" Little ego boost there? I cannot imagine them being so thick as to not get that many of those comments are blatantly snarkerific :lol:

I was not able to tune in live to last night's RU Recovery program at North Love, but the comments from the live chat, some of the best snark I've ever read, must be preserved for posterity! :lol: (I can't believe they haven't deleted more of them either.) I have copied the whole comment list to a post in the SOTDRT thread. Please do not comment in that thread as it's for reference only. (Bring it back here or to another Duggar topic.)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12&p=1023947#p1023947

Just a reminder, if anyone wants to see any fundie-related blogs or sites or their own personal blog added to the SOTDRT Reference Library, please PM me with the information. :D

I was not able to tune in live to last night's RU Recovery program at North Love, but the comments from the live chat, some of the best snark I've ever read, must be preserved for posterity! :lol: (I can't believe they haven't deleted more of them either.) I have copied the whole comment list to a post in the SOTDRT thread. Please do not comment in that thread as it's for reference only. (Bring it back here or to another Duggar topic.)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12&p=1023947#p1023947

Just a reminder, if anyone wants to see any fundie-related blogs or sites or their own personal blog added to the SOTDRT Reference Library, please PM me with the information. :D

If people start to post over there I'll lock the thread temporarily. I don't want to make it impossible for you to keep up the blog list, so I won't lock it unless I have to.

Pregnancy tests by the case...

This made me giggle... until I remembered that I bought a 50 pack of them on Amazon when I was TTC. The 50 pack was cheaper than a 2 pack from the drug store and when I was trying I liked testing a lot. When I got pregnant during my second month of trying I had a ton of tests left that I passed on to a friend. My fertility would have made me a great quiverfuller ;)

If people start to post over there I'll lock the thread temporarily. I don't want to make it impossible for you to keep up the blog list, so I won't lock it unless I have to.

If you think it would be better to "sticky" it somewhere else, such as here in the QFOD forum like the OKCupid screen shots, it won't bother me. In fact, I think it would fit better here, but if too many more topics are stickied in this forum, pretty soon the whole first page will consist of stickied topics. I just wanted to make sure it was preserved in case they decide to edit out many of the snarkier comments.

When my late brother was dying and unable to leave the house, he told his kids his ATM number so that they could buy groceries and prescriptions for them. And then when he died one of them cleaned out the account, apparently unaware that banks have video cameras at ATMs. As I was my brother's executrix, I was not amused.

<>

I'm not a nice person. Yes, I'd regret it if Anna and her children were in need; ditto, the kids still at TTH. But I don't think I'd feel all that bad if, after gobbling up all the TLC money and the money from books, talks, and conferences, Jim Bob and Michelle got totally ripped off by their saintly, repentant oldest son.

When my late brother was dying and unable to leave the house, he told his kids his ATM number so that they could buy groceries and prescriptions for them. And then when he died one of them cleaned out the account, apparently unaware that banks have video cameras at ATMs. As I was my brother's executrix, I was not amused.

<>

I'm not a nice person. Yes, I'd regret it if Anna and her children were in need; ditto, the kids still at TTH. But I don't think I'd feel all that bad if, after gobbling up all the TLC money and the money from books, talks, and conferences, Jim Bob and Michelle got totally ripped off by their saintly, repentant oldest son.

OT but I'm really sorry that your nephew did that. What a rotten person. I read your fantasy and that would be funny however, I agree that I wouldn't want Anna and her kids stranded and Josh left without any child support obligations.

My tip to reading mega threads is to skim each paragraph. If it's not interesting then go to the next post. No need to read each post fully, if you are not interested in any of the material in the post.

Could someone explain the difference in there, their and they're to me? ;)

Really, I just don't get all the vapors about toe or tow. Sure in the 1800s it was toe, but language evolves and in 2015 there are 2 versions that make sense. Toe, doing what's required but knowing their ( :lol: ) is a boundary and tow, carrying a burden because it is required and maybe not knowing there is a boundary.

So someone, sometime, said facepalm- where hand hits (fore)head. There is also bitchslap- hand hits face. Now, what about handslap? :whistle:

I get grammaticists and historians would want people to know the origins, but it is not as big a deal as people make it out to be.

Nomdickityfucklely- the outer layer of the inside of cinnamon rolls...gooey goodness. Is everyone going to get so worked up if I use that word instead of dough? Not an idiom, but the point is the same. Should we go back to using thou?

Whew.

And kids today don't know the difference between jive and jibe. :shakehead2: GET OFF MY LAWN

There was some speculation a few pages back about what's behind the curtain at the front of the church. It's definitely a baptistry. No question about it. I've never been inside this church, but I've been inside dozens like it. The biggest difference between any two is the color of the carpet. This is the typical layout of any small-to-medium size Baptist church in the U.S., and not just the IFB congregations, complete with the American and Christian flags, the organ on the right, piano on the left, small choir loft, hymnals and offering envelopes and/or visitor cards on the backs of the pews, and the vaulted wood ceiling and light fixtures. The video screen retracts to (or into) the ceiling. That's a communion (aka Lord's Supper) table in front of the organ loft. Often the words "This do in remembrance of Me" is engraved across the front edge. It's difficult to tell if the camera is positioned in the balcony (if present) or just on a tall stand. The flags spaced down each each side could be the flags of countries in which missionaries to whom the church sends support serve.

Large crosses typically are not displayed prominently in Baptist churches. Of course, there are megachurches across the country that have built large (as in 150 to 200 feet tall) crosses outside their buildings, but they are the exception, not the norm. Inside, crosses are present but usually smaller and less prominent than in, for example, the RCC, and are typically just crosses, not crucifixes which depict a figure of Christ on the cross. Sometimes there will be three crosses, one taller one in the middle flanked by two shorter ones representing the two thieves who were crucified on either side of Christ. I've seen Baptist churches where a small, plain cross is engraved on the outside end of each pew, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a larger cross on the wall behind the baptistry.

OT but I'm really sorry that your nephew did that. What a rotten person. I read your fantasy and that would be funny however, I agree that I wouldn't want Anna and her kids stranded and Josh left without any child support obligations.

Na. Don't think J-B trusts *any* of his kids as far as he can throw them. Treats them all like five year olds. And they all ACT like five year olds: totally dependent on papa/mama for survival. He's made sure that none of them has enough education and/or experience to even support themselves. They don't know how to learn, or choose, or cross the road.

Could someone explain the difference in there, their and they're to me? ;)

The "students" in RU, they're throwing $7500 down a rabbit hole to repress their fleshly desires and supply free labor for their captors until they can escape from there. There. ;)

So someone, sometime, said facepalm- where hand hits (fore)head. There is also bitchslap- hand hits face. Now, what about handslap? :whistle:

"Handslap" refers to the [hopefully mostly outdated] practice of slapping the back of a child's hand when telling them off.

Archived