IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 7: O Smuggar Where Art Thou?

happy atheist

In addition to the difficulty of maintaining an "update" post, I think it would pretty much destroy conversational flow in the discussion thread. We have enough trouble with people not reading the thread before posting. An update thread would encourage people to post and run. We want to do the opposite. We want people to engage with each other.

Maybe those people who want to be sure they don't miss the latest news item should set up a google alert for Josh Duggar.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am surprised that there have not been twit pics of JBoobandChellie out and about. Or they shop/go out in disguise. Just the one of JBoob coming out of a store.

I am shallow and would like to see more pics. Perhaps the stress would have caused JBoob to fall down on his hairstyling techniques. I don't mean to be cruel, but I guess I would like to see him with his hair amess. Maybe J'Chelle with a pony tail.

Who is shopping for them, or is the town protecting them? I do wonder.

I wonder the exact same thing!

I wonder the exact same thing!

Don't they have a pretty big "in" with the local PD due to JD's Constable gig? They managed to get a local cop to act in the "Bin & Jessa explore handcuffs" episode.

If the media were camped outside my house, I would totally hide out. Don't they live on ramen noodles and gherkins, anyway?

If the media were camped outside my house, I would totally hide out. Don't they live on ramen noodles and gherkins, anyway?

Gherkins.....are they dill....I thought it was strickly dill pickles.

But even if they have an in with the PD, that wouldn't stop the average Walmart shopper from snapping a quick picture. Perhaps I am behaving ungraciously, but I would like to see them strolling through that store. Picking up ramen noodles and such. Or maybe that is the Acme store. They do need toilet paper eventually.

In addition to the difficulty of maintaining an "update" post, I think it would pretty much destroy conversational flow in the discussion thread. We have enough trouble with people not reading the thread before posting. An update thread would encourage people to post and run. We want to do the opposite. We want people to engage with each other.

Maybe those people who want to be sure they don't miss the latest news item should set up a google alert for Josh Duggar.

The thing is, Happy Atheist, t doesn't really make sense to do that because FreeJinger always breaks he news first.

Don't they have a pretty big "in" with the local PD due to JD's Constable gig? They managed to get a local cop to act in the "Bin & Jessa explore handcuffs" episode.

IF they had an "in" with the police, its gone now after Jim Bob and Michelle blasted the Springdale chief for having an agenda in the Meghan Kelly interview

you can have anything delivered via amazon. groceries, tp, you name it.

Maybe people have seen them but no one cares? I mean how interesting would a photo of Jim Bob and Michelle grocery shopping be? "BREAKING NEWS, Jana Duggar spotted walking in the dentist's office." "THIS JUST IN, Ben Seewald goes to the gym." zZzZzZzZz....

You can and they can establish a fortress where the outside world doesn't come near them. But what do they tell the smaller kids? They are messed up enough already without turning this into a siege. Vicksburg only held out for six weeks.

I bet only approved a few approved people are allowed to shop for the family on amazon because of all the worldly heathen stuff that can be found on there. Go on, Jana. Sneak some Harry Potter book or a Star Trek DVD box set in there somewhere.

I bet only approved a few approved people are allowed to shop for the family on amazon because of all the worldly heathen stuff that can be found on there. Go on, Jana. Sneak some Harry Potter book or a Star Trek DVD box set in there somewhere.

You can buy VIBRATORS and ADULT THINGS on PRON-AZON. I wonder if they don't have the site blocked altogether. :lol:

I think it must be quite a bitter pill to swallow that every single media mention of them for at least the next few years (assuming no more scandals surface) will contain the obligatory paragraph about Josh, the molestor Ashley Madison rehab son. The most they can ever hope for is the word "prodigal" eventually inserted in front of son but the first part will always be with them.

Maybe people have seen them but no one cares? I mean how interesting would a photo of Jim Bob and Michelle grocery shopping be? "BREAKING NEWS, Jana Duggar spotted walking in the dentist's office." "THIS JUST IN, Ben Seewald goes to the gym." zZzZzZzZz....

Right? A handful of the kids were seen at the trampoline park and it didn't make much of a ripple here.

Going back to the discussion of rehab, I think this rehab MIGHT inadvertently do Josh some good. I am not being sarcastic. It will give him an opportunity to re-live his blanket training days as a grown-up, so he can create a better outcome than the first time around.

Babies are not able to have complex thoughts like, “This is unfairâ€, or “this is an appalling abuse of power†They just get conditioned like Pavlov’s dog to instant obedience (an later on, lying to hide their true selves). Now, Josh has the chance to relive and reprocess this abusive training as an adult. With any luck he will see how his parents fucked up his life. From there he can re-evaluate the other fundamentalist crap he blindly believed re women as objects, home-schooling for his kids etc.

In the 1970s there used to be a group therapy that was based on confrontation where group members told ‘home truths’ to each other as feedback. It was based on the idea that harsh confrontation with “the truth†can get past people’s defence mechanisms. Maybe experiencing the cheapest tinker toy adult blanket training in the world will do the same thing for Josh.

However, this potential benefit of the program is only for Josh. The program is dehumanising and would harm most people by infantilizing them. I can’t believe programs like this are even legal.

For the adult Duggars at least, I could see the paparazzi wanting some kind of off the cuff statement about Josh. Fortunately, living in a relatively rural area means that it is more difficult for them to be stalked by the press than it would be if they were living in a larger town or city. Even before the scandals, I bet the Duggars only patronized certain businesses that were either fundie friendly or run by leghumpers so JB could get the best deals and/or not have to deal with the heathens. My guess is the trampoline place they were spotted at recently is one such place.

I'm a fairly new poster (new poster, long time lurker) and I find it impossible to keep up with things at times. Especially when it comes to smaller details. I don't always have time to sit and read through pages upon pages of posts.

However, generally, it is pretty easy to get the jist of what people are talking abou by skimming the last 3-4 pages of a thread. But like I said, it's still easy to lose little details.

Also, when somebody knew comes on, (speaking as the new person) there is no harm in being gracious, even if they're out of the loop, and answering their questions and getting them up to speed. It only takes two minutes and it only makes the board more inviting and informed. It also prevents people from feeling defensive, etc. Just my two cents.

I usually do that as well. It's easy enough to just skim the last few pages to see if anything new has happened. If not I'll usually move to another thread instead of posting.

As for answering questions - I agree to an extent. If it's a slow moving thread then most people don't mind helping to catch other posters up - mostly because there aren't likely to be tons of posters asking the same questions in a row. The Duggar threads are popular though and they move fast - so there are a good amount of posters who are less accepting of constant requests for updates (because that actually does bog down the discussions happening.)

I personally don't mind people sending me a PM if they need help understanding something being discussed. I'm not the poster who is up to date on the latest news regarding them though - mostly because I kind of think the Duggars are really boring. :lol:

But yeah, if you or anyone else has questions I'm always happy to help out - and if I can't answer I can try and point you towards someone who can. And posters can always try google as well - a lot of stories may pop up on here early, bit Google can still help point you towards other websites that have more details or a summary of what happened.

Okay, so the RU Recovery grammar is just bad. Les-see...

1) I already pointed out the "We're Glad Your Here" banner at the beginning of the Livestream video. Ugh. Grammar grad of SOTDRT? Yes, I do believe so.

2) Another banner lists the books used in each phase of treatment, with the last book being Strongholds, "4 book in one." I get it, -it's really challenging :roll: to master the concept that a limiting adjective must match the noun it modifies in number.

3) On another still banner, a line reads, "Freedom, not Sobriety is the goal."

Well, okay, the person who constructed this page was clearly absent that day (the day they covered "Punctuation and capitalization matter.") Um,...Sobriety does not need a capital (wait, is that a proper noun? :think: :nenner: ). And a comma should follow sobriety.

No big, but for the fact that this is a PROFESSIONAL(ish) program that costs THOUSANDS of dollars to attend. :angry-banghead:

(Shout out to RU Recovery; I know it's just a comma and all, but let's review its significance, shall we?)

1) Let's eat, Grandma.

2) Let's eat Grandma.

Yeah, might want to hire a proof reader. Just sayin'.

:character-beavisbutthead:

Or:

Stop clubbing baby seals.. vs

Stop clubbing, baby seals.

Please google that if you haven't already seen that picture... it's a riot. :lol:

If you're here to merely check in for updated gossip on Smugger, I find it's rather easy to just scroll through pages and just gloss through looking for any key things that might stick out. If I don't have the time or not up for reading through several pages to find if there's an update that's what I'll do until I can go through and read when I have the time.

It's not that hard? You don't have to actually read every single post to see if it contains an update. Just quickly scroll through a page and gloss over every other post reading the first line or two. Then move to the next page. It takes seconds. If that's all you're looking for at that moment.

Because I've found that if there is, indeed, something new to talk about you'll catch it in that quick gloss over because you'll realize that there's a theme in the posts and a general buzz/excitement. That's when you know you hit pay dirt and then you stay and read. You can even move back a page if you're afraid you've missed something when you've hit the goods. But it's generally very easy to sense when you've hit the goods without spending much time or giving much thought going through pages. Heck, sometimes you can read the first post and last post of each page and that's enough.

yeah, I mean, I usually scan for links.. or obvious looking urls.. that is usually a pretty good indicator that someone is sharing something worth checking out.. otherwise it's pretty easy to read the first sentence of a post to determine the further subject matter.

I can see people feeling "left out" or whatever because of all the chatter us FJunkies sometimes yap about.. but I'm not sure how it's our responsibility to ensure that it's up to other peoples standards of inclusion.

Our members are not disciplined. :lol:

Nope...but we were Blanket Trained by the finest fundie mullet mama around... :disgust:

Why bother when he can just work out in the airplane hanger/storage shed-turned-gym at the TTH?

I just checked out the RU livefeed link and saw the stills. Is it normal for Baptist churches to include an American flag and no cross or crucifix at the head of the church? I grew up WELS Lutheran (super conservative, super crazy) and those churches always had a cross prominently displayed above the altar as well as on the altar itself. Then again, I left the Christian faith a long time ago, so is the flag thing more prominent in churches now a days?

I also think the live feeds are an invasion of privacy. I wonder if they'll continue to do that, after yesterday's popularity.

I think it is an IFB thing. The one here only has the American flag and the Christian flag but no cross.

Archived