IGNORED

Joshley Madison: 2 Sex Scandals and Counting

withaj

I think the most messed up thing about this scandal is that leghumpers and right wingers are choosing now to jump ship.

Incest and molesting innocent "wholesome, god-fearing" children? Meh. Prayer can fix all.

Having (presumed) sex while both parties are adults and consenting? NO MERCY. UNFORGIVABLE

Obviously cheating on Anna is bullshit and he is an awful human, but I think goes to show the fucked up logic that fundie's have. Sexual assault is normal, while cheating is unlawful.

Of course, I think the backlash on this wouldn't have been as great if the molestation shoe hadn't have dropped a few months back, but still. Now they choose to be up in arms.

I also think I speak for everyone when I say that I wish this was what caused the Duggar's to be cancelled. I wish the molestation never happened and that this was the worst possible thing that has ever happened to this family.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny-- that's precisely how I interpreted their use of that particular scripture.

I read it as another excuse--it's like saying the Bible says don't trust men, because all men sin. So Josh isn't any worse than anyone else. See, he's not so bad after all... :roll:

Lily and Ellie shared Josh's statement on the blog, only adding the following intro for comment:

It grieves them because their cash cow blog is going to dry up. Its hard to be a "fan" of a wholesome repeat sex scandeler (yes, I know thats not a word but its kind of like the hamburgler)

Can you imagine being Anna and thinking you have to get back in to the same bed as her scumbag husband?

How can anyone do it? I'd want to superglue his dink to his leg so it stays down like a good bone.

I'm not so sure about that.

However, it's pretty clear that Boob is much more attracted to and in awe of J'Chelle than Josh will ever be to Anna. I'm not saying that Josh doesn't like his wife or that he didn't think she was pretty when they met. But it's obvious that Boob, for all his other faults, still adores J'Chelle and you can still see that he is so glad that he got to marry her. Josh on the other hand seems to have married Anna because he had to get married and she happend to be there.

I think Boob is a faithful husband. What's ironic is that if Boob and Michelle had raised Josh the same way they were raised, I doubt Josh would be such a screwed up slimeball. He'd probably still be unmarried and have had a string of women by now, but probably not touched his siblings or been registered on a cheating site. He'd be the guy everyone knew as a sleazy player attracted to strippers, but there are millions of guys like that. You just stay away from them.

I think the most messed up thing about this scandal is that leghumpers and right wingers are choosing now to jump ship.

Incest and molesting innocent "wholesome, god-fearing" children? Meh. Prayer can fix all.

Having (presumed) sex while both parties are adults and consenting? NO MERCY. UNFORGIVABLE

Obviously cheating on Anna is bullshit and he is an awful human, but I think goes to show the fucked up logic that fundie's have. Sexual assault is normal, while cheating is unlawful.

Of course, I think the backlash on this wouldn't have been as great if the molestation shoe hadn't have dropped a few months back, but still. Now they choose to be up in arms.

I also think I speak for everyone when I say that I wish this was what caused the Duggar's to be cancelled. I wish the molestation never happened and that this was the worst possible thing that has ever happened to this family.

He's a sleazoid. Yes, it's disgusting folks attempted to explain away molesting his kid sisters but now they don't have a leg to hump, I mean, stand on in defending him.

Can you imagine being Anna and thinking you have to get back in to the same bed as her scumbag husband?

How can anyone do it? I'd want to superglue his dink to his leg so it stays down like a good bone.

Atleast he cant touch her for another week or so, thanks to M4

Can we please stop clumping right wingers in with these extremist hypocrites! :penguin-no:

I find that very interesting, too. I wonder if their reasoning is because he is an adult now. Also, I remember seeing the pamphlets the Gothard cult uses to "counsel" sexual abuse victims which basically blames them for being immodest, etc. but if they blame sexual abuse/incest on the females why not this new scandal? Why don't they argue that, well, obviously this is Anna's fault (or the ladies who presumably seduced him)?

(I am in no way believing Anna is at fault. She is absolutely innocent. I am merely trying to understand how this cult(ure) thinks and reasons.)

I wonder what would be different if this reveal had come first. I'm guessing fundies wouldn't have been as quick to tout the forgiveness line when it comes to the molestation if they had already known about this.

I'm surprised nothing from anna. As far as her parents, they have to feel devastated. I know her father did not want the marriage, but she pushed it.

To the bolded: I'm not surprised we haven't heard from her. Her world has just been turned upside and dealing with the media and publicity is probably the least of her concerns.

Can we please stop clumping right wingers in with these extremist hypocrites! :penguin-no:

Er...You mean right wingers who believe that gay marriage is wrong and abortion is a sin and that America should be faith-based and that welfare should be eliminated?

Sorry, but right wingers are the same ones that stood behind the Duggars.

I have every right to clump right wingers together. They are the reason that Gothard even exists.

It's the TV show's fault! It's Satan, working through the television!

There's no way Josh would have an extra almost one thousand dollars lying around for the memberships if it weren't for the show. If he was the headship of a non-celebrity fundie household, he'd be scraping pennies together to buy tube meat at Wal-Mart (Emily), trying to peddle something online (ITonRamp), or having some dinky do-it-yourself wedding reception (too many fundie weddings to count).

He probably wouldn't have cheated if he couldn't afford the membership. He's too recognizable to initiate an in-person introduction.

I just now saw this news and came running here, behind as usual. Run Anna, Run and get those kiddies as far away as possible. There are lots of folks who would give you all of the help you'd need.

Ilovebrownies, I am glad you are conservative and not a fundie! A lot of people are though. Sadly they seem to go hand in hand. Since I haven't met you I can't accuse you of all of the RW sins but most times I agree with rogerdoger.

I keep having an image of Michelle, upon finding out about this debacle, marching her 5'2" frame right over to Smugs and slapping him rightly across the face and leaving the room.

Somehow I doubt that's what happened, however, and I'm guessing they had a tearful baby-voice prayer circle.

Um ... the fundy interpretation of the Bible.

You can't remarry or it's considered adultery.

Really depends on the fundie denomination. Some of them consider the cheated on spouse to be free of the sins of the cheating spouse and that it is ok for the cheated on spouse to remarry. I was raised Pentecostal (my father was a minister) and adultery was one of only 2 "approved" reasons for divorce - domestic abuse being the other. It was also ok for the cuckolded spouse to remarry after the divorce because it was not their sin and it was not considered adultery. I doubt though, that the sort of denomination/whatever it is the Duggars are, view it the same.

I do sometimes wish, after growing up the way I did, that I was independently wealthy, and could offer some of these kids/young adults, a way out. Support to get out, support while they get on their feet, money for schooling so they were employable, and so forth.

My heart actually hurts for poor, dumb, sweet enough Anna.

She's an idiot. She has four kids under 6. She has a four week old baby.

I just can't imagine how much it would suck to be her.

Atleast he cant touch her for another week or so, thanks to M4

I thought of that too :ew:

I really hope he doesn't try to touch Anna (or any other woman- can't believe I have to add that caveat) until Anna is ready to be touched, which may be years.

If she knew about the molestation before she married him (and to me, that's a big IF still), she's an idiot for that. But being cheated on by her husband doesn't make HER an idiot! So far it seems like her biggest crime is being horrifically naive.

And even though she doesn't realize it, no matter what he says to her now he's going to do it again.

It makes me sad to think I know something about her scumbag husband that she doesn't.

I wonder why Josh didn't deactivate the facebook account of Joe Smithson? Maybe he forgot to tell Anna about it, and plans to use it for the future...

What a horrible pig he is.

He had a young, lovely, innocent girl handed to him as a bride. I can't imagine Anna would have ever refused him anything the way she looks at him with those creepily adoring eyes, just the way she was taught. The cheating on the perfectly trained wife feels so much worse than it would if he cheated on a regular woman who swears, yells, doesn't cook regularly, and has the power to refuse his advances. She was taught and raised to worship her husband and take care of him and his home, children, ego, physical needs, etc. What MORE did he want? I guess anyone can make him a sandwich AND anyone else can "minister" to him. Michelle was wrong on that one.

My question to all of you:

I've seen the guidelines on intercourse after childbirth that Gothardites subscribe to. Are they allowed to do the nasty when they're preggo? I'm guessing not because that would be a waste of precious man juice.

Also a personal thank you goes out to Gothard for making self satisfaction a big no-no. I get a little giggle thinking of all the shaved heads we'd see if everyone felt that way.

Anderson Cooper is about to cover the story on CNN. This has become that big.

My lovely fiance, who sent me a link to this story on Gawker in the first place, thinks I've lost my mind. I can't stop following this story.

My question to all of you:

I've seen the guidelines on intercourse after childbirth that Gothardites subscribe to. Are they allowed to do the nasty when they're preggo? I'm guessing not because that would be a waste of precious man juice.

Also a personal thank you goes out to Gothard for making self satisfaction a big no-no. I get a little giggle thinking of all the shaved heads we'd see if everyone felt that way.

They can. And, by the sound of it, JB+M do/did.

Archived