IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was talking to my sister about it, and she was saying how crazy it was that this guy's had two major sex scandals in, what? Three months? I said something along the lines about, "Well, yeah, but to be 'fair' the first one actually happened like 12 years ago." She said, "I highly doubt there's a true 12 year gap in his debauchery." And I definitely agree with her on that one. Josh did not stop molesting his sisters when he was 14, lead a perfect fundamentalist Christian boy lifestyle, and then suddenly start spending ~$1000 in an active attempt to cheat on his wife and pursue casual hook-ups, all while working as the spokesman for a right-wing conservative 'family values' group, at the age of 25. No way.

I can't even imagine what Anna's going through. The worst part is, she will probably stay with him. Usually I wouldn't judge someone who chooses to stay with an adulterous spouse - that's their own business, every relationship is different and has different challenges, etc. - but this isn't just adultery. Josh has serious, disturbing issues, and the best thing Anna could do for herself and her children would probably be to leave him.

I certainly hope that Anna will leave him, but I could definitely see her staying. One of the best things you can do in that cult is forgive someone (forgiving = divine), and even as bad as things are, she might not want to pass up an opportunity to forgive him again.

That being said, I sincerely hope that I'm wrong.

I don't think any A-list celebrities would have a need for AM, because their very celebrity would make having hookups and affairs a simple thing. It wouldn't surprise me if there are many other more important DC political figures in the AM data dump, but oftentimes the most powerful people tend to be the ones no one has heard of. My guess is that most AM users were just ordinary joes hoping to get lucky, and the really famous people probably have other avenues that are hidden from the hoi polloi. Since the tabloids are already gunning for the Duggars, it's probably not hard to try and find his particular name among all the many accounts.

I wonder if there are any other people from FRC? Wouldn't it be just lovely if Smuggar took the whole hate group down with him?

Did Anna's sisters marry creeps too? I had no idea, only seen one of her sisters husbands that was on an episode of 19kids. What did they do?

Just search David Waller and you be the judge. Priscilla was on the very top age of getting married in fundie land and they had her married to a suspected gay man (nothing wrong with being gay, but only wrong if forced to marry to keep sweet for Jesus). It really harks on a time when parents would marry off their eldest daughters to not so great catches in hopes to move up in status and secure the young daughters prospects of marrying a rich or nobleman.

I keep waiting for a public statement from someone but I have a feeling it will be a while IF we ever hear a peep from the Duggars. I think if we ever do get a statement or interview, it'll be set up like Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker's with Josh weeping and "professing his sins" in front of the camera while Anna tearfully nods. Hopefully with less mascara, though.

Did Anna's sisters marry creeps too? I had no idea, only seen one of her sisters husbands that was on an episode of 19kids. What did they do?

Time to wander out of the duggar forums :wink-kitty:

No matter how unlikely it is, I'm really, really hoping Anna takes the kids and leaves.

Me too but I hope she doesn't run straight to her parents. Pa Keller selected this mess of a manchild for her. He also selected the convert Christians to Christianity, my kids don't need malaria meds idiot for one daughter and the likely gay but definitely controlling jerk for another so there is no telling what Anna would get the 2nd time around. Doesn't she have a sister that flew the coop?

Probably it's high enough that humans can no longer hear it. Unfortunately, this means it's in the ultrasonic range so poor cats and dogs still have to hear it.

So that's why my dogs couldn't sleep,last night. We're only a couple states away from Arkansas.

Wow! I've been sick most of the day and night, and now BOOM! Another Josh scandal. I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I fear there is more to come. My heart goes out to Anna and those innocent kids.

Also an illegitimate Duggar isn't what I fear. It's STDs. Hopefully Josh used condoms. The thought of him infecting Anna, the kids, and other women is scary.

I hope he used condoms, too -- but the other women (if there were any) had every right and really responsbility to insist on him wearing condoms. They weren't hapless women with no say in the matter the same way Anna essentially is. If they were fine with having unprotected sex with him or anyone else with whom they did not have a monogamous relationship, then they aren't "victims" who were unwittingly infected by him the way Anna would be.

The fact that he put in his OK Cupid profile that women could be obligated to give him sex makes me hope that no other woman would allow him anywhere near her body. I feel bad for Anna that she thinks she has no say in the matter. Even now, I can't imagine her insisting on him being tested or anything.

I think this may have tarnished Michelle's Mother of the year award. She and Jim Bob won't be getting many speaking engagements-- obviously their parenting style is not as foolproof as they claimed. Maybe they need to write a new speech: Accepting Our Imperfect Children.

I wonder how the ATI is going to react. The Duggar boys may have more trouble finding wives. I can't imagine too many patriarchs happily handing their daughters over.

I think this could push the Duggar boys to secular girls more like Whitney.

I hope it helps the older girls question everything, but then again, I wonder if they even know about the accusation. I hope jimboob and J'chelle won't double down and tighten the reigns even tighter on the kids/adults at home.

I feel really bad for Anna HOWEVER I hope this really opens her eyes and I hope she goes to her sisters that are out of the cult for advice.

I want Anna to realise she has everything she needs to chuck him to the ground, walk away with her kids, and have a good life. She could even spill the beans about the Duggars and make herself a cosy profit. She's done nothing wrong - manipulated by a shitty upbringing into marrying a molester, and now adulterer. Everything will be her fault for not submitting, and the shame of having a husband who has affairs. The older kidults will realise their puritan view of marriage is a sham, and run a mile. DillJer will stay in South America with Joy. Blessa will decide being InstaPreachers isn't for them, shut up and live normal lives. J'Boob and J'Mullet will be ruined.

In reality, the Duggars will release a statement about how Josh was having a difficult time in Christ, something about repenting and being saved, forgiveness all round, and they will go on to host marriage advice specials on TLC. SMFH. At least the part about them being ruined might happen...not.

if Anna wrote a real tell-all-book, I would buy it and I think it could save her financially if she wants to run.

No matter how unlikely it is, I'm really, really hoping Anna takes the kids and leaves.

So do I. But I don't think that will happen.

I think this could push the Duggar boys to secular girls more like Whitney.

I hope it helps the older girls question everything, but then again, I wonder if they even know about the accusation. I hope jimboob and J'chelle won't double down and tighten the reigns even tighter on the kids/adults at home.

I feel really bad for Anna HOWEVER I hope this really opens her eyes and I hope she goes to her sisters that are out of the cult for advice.

This is something that may cut through the brainwashing for some of them. Proof positive that doing all the right things and following all the silly rules can still get you saddled with someone who would do this to you.

The ironic thing is as desperate as JB and M are to protect the kids from the world they created a situation where their littles will know a lot more than most kids their ages. Websites for clandestine hookups, money back guarantees for sex, lists of preferences...nothing I knew about as a preteen. And they will know, because there is NO way that this kind of tension is behind closed doors.

That's who I feel sorry for most right now. The M and J kids who have parents/caregivers right now completely distracted and upset and that's tough for littles.

And now I have to leave for work, a place where no one knows who the Duggars are. I feel so alone.

Anna needs to run to Amy. If anybody can help her make $ off the Duggar name it is Amy.

Maybe right up til now, but I'd say Amy's head is into her wedding, honeymoon, and starting her own household.

Not into bad crap like Josh effing up again big time.

I saw this on FB last night and wondered if FJ knew. I got no farther than the main page, saw hundreds of names at the bottle and thought, yup, they know!

I remember when they were moving to DC, and people were speculating on when/if he'd have an affair with an intern. I am shocked, I never imagined he would go this far. Poor Anna and the kids.

It wasn't long before all the media picked this up. ET said they had reached out to the Duggars for a comment. I could just see, the phone rings at the TTH and one of the kids answers, Dad, it's for you, ET. Boob would wonder over thinking YES, they want us again! ET asks for a comment and Boobs mouth drops to his ankles....

if Anna wrote a real tell-all-book, I would buy it and I think it could save her financially if she wants to run.

That was my first thought, but long term that hurts the M kids. No matter what a tedious shitlord their father is, he's still their father and their mom writing a book trashing him will hurt them when they're older. I'm a child of divorce and divorced the father of my kids and as hard as it can be to take the high road it's better for them. Not lying, but you can tell the truth with compassion and sensitivity to the kids who understandably love the other parent.

Perfect scenario is Josh writing a tell all and all the proceeds go to Anna and the M's. He can trash his his folks and ATI, leave her looking like a saint for the kids, and met culpa complete with hair shirt all the way to the bank.

Won't happen but this I'd love to see.

Now I think Anna would be stupid not to threaten the tell all and shake every dime she can out of JB so she can bail. That doesn't hurt the M's - that's just business behind closed doors.

And can someone revoke Pa Kellers right to make any decision ever again? Just sit in a chair and let someone bring you some soup, Mr. Keller, let other people do the thinking.

I remember when they were moving to DC, and people were speculating on when/if he'd have an affair with an intern. I am shocked, I never imagined he would go this far. Poor Anna and the kids.

I remember that speculation. At the time, I didn't think he would necessarily have an affair with anyone there, but when the molestation scandal broke, I did wonder what else he had done, whether in DC or NWA. I am not surprised that there's more on him.

He's one hot mess, and I agree that while his fundie upbringing with his own exalted status as the eldest son, didn't help, it's clear he's got his own serious issues that would probably surface no matter what. The only thing is that his parents failed to get him the help he needed once they found out what their son was doing.

As far as Anna, I have sympathy for. Yes, she says she knew of Josh's past when she married him and chose to go ahead. Now I still have huge questions of exactly how much she and Pa Keller were told. I highly doubt it was in explicit terms. It was probably told in "Duggar spin" something we saw in the Megyn Kelly interviews. Considering that and Anna being a very sheltered young woman who was raised on the idea of "forgiveness, it's all good with Jesus, so it's OK" mindset, I don't think she had a real true idea of the type of guy she was marrying. Frankly, she should be beyond furious because I think she was completely fooled. She can overlook to some extent, she has to, but even she can have a tipping point. This might not mean divorce, but their marriage might just survive in name only.

What are the chances that JB asked Anna and her family to sign non disclosure? FJ lawyers can that be enforced if she were to write a book? Even if it's about her own life?

One is married to a delusional jerkwad who packed up their family and moved to Zambia, where he acts like an entitled, delusional jerkwad and begs people for money to annoy Zambians about not following his particular brand of Christianity. Another is married to an ATI stooge who is widely speculated to be gay and using her as a beard, and acts weirdly controlling of her, even by fundie standards. Daddy Keller sure knows how to pick 'em.

Pa Keller's guilt level should be in the stratosphere by now.

All I could think about when someone way back on page 1 posted his likes etc from the account was the 'hand sex' when he and Anna were engaged. :brain-bleach:

One married a guy who got her out of fundiedom, one married a guy who put her in a pop-up camper with a bunch of children for a couple of years while he grifted his way to Zambia and then lost most of his missionary support by being an asshole(check out the John Shrader thread), the other married a guy who doesn't even seem to like her. And then there is Anna who married a man who molested his sisters when he was a teen and then apparently cheated on her. Anna's dad doesn't seem to do a great job in finding husbands for his daughters. The thing is, he probably considered the one who ended up not being fundie as being the mistake.

I don't know how the Duggars are going to handle this, but it will be interesting to see how they do.

As forgiving and Christ-like as Josh's sisters and brothers are.. I wonder what they will make of this latest revelation, and if it will shatter the family. After all, Anna is a really sweet girl and has been embraced by the whole family. Many of the sisters attended her births and became really bonded to her and her kids over the years since the wedding.

Nobody can say "Oh, it happened when he was a kid himself" anymore, because it seems he's just as sick and fucked up now as he was years ago.

Wonder if ATI has a little wisdom booklet for this one???? I think Jim Bob should get out the rod again and thrash him.

As

Holy cow, his IG account is just completely trashed with negative comments. The leghumpers can't get a word in edgewise. He must be deep in a bunker right now cause anyone with half a brain would shut that account down stat.

Archived