IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

New verse in the Book of Duggar:

As a child I went after other children.

Now, as an adult I'm going for the REAL DEAL and getting some real pussy!

:shifty-kitty:

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh sweet, sweet schadenfreude....

God I feel so bad for Anna. Even if she does divorce him, what could she possibly do to support her four children? What Godly man would marry a divorced woman cheated on by Josh Duggar?

Let's all just pray she doesn't get preggo again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ballsy.

That's how my cheating ex answered that question too! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(But he used his universal password for his OKC account, so I logged in and changed that answer to "When it's convenient." 8-) )

How did he even know about Ashley Madison?

I'm so far behind on this thread because I was out of town yesterday when the news broke. That will teach me to schedule a dr. appt. when the Duggars are busy circling the drain ;)

Anyway, I get spam from Ashley Madison ALL the freaking time (I'm in the DC area, so I don't know if that is why or not), but I never opened it and actually thought it was some kind of clothing store or something.

When the news of the hacking broke and I saw a story on the news with the AM logo that said "Ashley Madison: Life's short have an affair," I was like WTF?!?!?! Why are these people spamming me!!!!

It's not like you can really mistake them for something else with a tag like like "Life's short have an affair!"

i wonder if john oliver will bring this up? he skewered ashley madison and only just had an episode about televangelism...surely he'd have something to say! that said, though, i'm not sure how his shows are put together and when they're taped, so this may have broken a little late in the week to make it onto the next airing episode. but by the gods, i really want to hear his take on it!

I'm so sorry that bringing the family to see Fireproof apparently didn't work. Just what message did Josh take from that song, "While I'm Waiting"? 3 months till a guaranteed affair happens can seem like a goshdarn long time.

I really, really don't want to see some kid blogging in 15 years about being the illegitimate child of Josh Duggar.

i wonder if john oliver will bring this up? he skewered ashley madison and only just had an episode about televangelism...surely he'd have something to say! that said, though, i'm not sure how his shows are put together and when they're taped, so this may have broken a little late in the week to make it onto the next airing episode. but by the gods, i really want to hear his take on it!

A friend that knows about my fundie fascination sent me the link for the televangism clip. It is FANTASTIC! A must watch!

The thing is that the air for Josh gets thinner and thinner. Some newspapers already speculated how Jessa was pissed that she doesn't get the attention she thinks she deserves because of Joshgate, imagine now how they feel if Josh destroys any chance of good press and image recovery for them with this new scandal.

I can see the family getting really mad at Josh for this one, especially since this time, J'Chelle and Boob really can't be blamed, this is all adult Joshs doing.

Sorry - but JChelle and Boob do have some responsibility here in that there is a possibility that if they had gotten Joshie proper TRAINED help as a child that he could have worked out some of his issues and been able to have a normal, healthy sex life within his marriage.

Not releasing Josh from blame - but the guy came from a screwed up family. Think of all the innuendo that Boob would make on TV - what the hell else was going on just in front of the kids?

The fact that he put in his OK Cupid profile that women could be obligated to give him sex makes me hope that no other woman would allow him anywhere near her body. I feel bad for Anna that she thinks she has no say in the matter. Even now, I can't imagine her insisting on him being tested or anything.

(snipped for brevity)

I actually took his answer a bit differently. I took it as he was saying that he feels (sad, perhaps? regretful?) that "someone" (aka, Anna) is obligated (by virtue of their religious beliefs) to have sex with him. Perhaps he isn't answering it from the pig-headed sexist asshole we all know him to be?

A friend that knows about my fundie fascination sent me the link for the televangism clip. It is FANTASTIC! A must watch!

And for anyone interested, I present you a thread devoted to his segment on Abstinence Only Sex Education:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26745

Go and enjoy my snarky loves!

if our internets doesn't fritz out tonight, we will be watching this! :D

I wonder if his parents had actually gotten him the professional help he needed when he was 14, some of this could have been avoided.

No, because he still would have been subjected to ATI's whacked out teachings on courtship and marriage whether the molestations had happened or not. I'm also not convinced that Josh doesn't have some kinks he'd like to explore, since his profile indicated that he was "willing to learn" or something like that. Anything other than ATI procreative sex, probably.

The other kids, at least the ones old enough to understand what's going on, must be furious with Josh for subjecting them to not one but two scandals in less than six months. Any chance of rehabilitating their image is gone, and at this point even their hardcore ATI/IFB leghumpers might start to turn away, since Josh has clearly not "repented" of his sexual misdeeds. The entire Josh/Anna courtship and marriage started the entire TV series and until the Jill and Jessa started courting, his marriage was proof that JB and Michelle's ideas on sexual purity and marriage worked. Now that the facade is cracking, I don't see how anyone can think that their approach to sex is capable of leading to happy, healthy adults.

If you take a shitty person and dump them in a shitty environment, they have less of a chance than if you take that shitty person and give them a good environment or if they were a better human.

Josh is a crap person. He is surrounded by crap people. It doesn't surprise anyone that he's in this mess... and that's sad and pathetic.

And who were his primary role models?

I am having schadenfreude about Josh's inevitable downfall... But I do feel bad for Anna because I think that in this society, she will be blamed for not being available to Josh as a godly wife should be. In their society, a wandering man is the fault of his wife. Even though she had 4 kids with him, that's just not enough. I will be surprised if she leaves him. I feel sad for the kids because how will their father provide for them? (Since Anna cant work.)

I went to bed when this was on page 26 and I now only caught up.

Sad thing is, I had something witty and snarky to say and now, 14 pages later, and only obtaining coffee about half way in, I forgot. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not usually this excited about anything related to the Duggars, but I'm on pins and needles waiting for the fundie reaction.

And who were his primary role models?

gothard and jb. gothard's already been exposed as a perv, and jb...well, let's just say i think we all know that he should not be a role model for anyone.

Sad thing is, I had something witty and snarky to say and now, 14 pages later, and only obtaining coffee about half way in, I forgot.

same story here! went to bed having read through page 21 of 25, and now have forgotten many, many thoughts and quips. i blame my memory problems on pregnancy brain, though :P

My two cents:

As it stands now I can't see the Duggars/Josh making any statements.

The fact that he had two accounts was made known because of the AM hack, and because AM refused to give in to the group's demands. The group then released all the client info on to the "dark web". Mainstream internet then broke the Josh connection a day or so later. The whole origin of the break is very shady - illegal hacking, theft of personal details, AM doing nothing to protect their clients, extortion from the hacking group, then illegal release of said personal details. The Duggars can very easily claim moral the high ground, as this discovery was "fruit of the poisoned tree". The won't "dignify" the story with any response.

But, if in the near future women come forward with their stories of encounters with Josh, or some intern puts her hand up, or it just becomes some weird Tiger Woods situation, then yes - he will be compelled to say something.

Since the show ended the family have ostensibly become "private citizens", and they can take the position that they don't have to say shit. They will put their heads in the sand and hope it goes away.

** I don't want to come across as defending the AM company or their clients or anything... the company making money off the pieces of shit that want to cheat probably do deserve this and more. The pieces of shit getting their info leaked is hilarious. But, it's still wrong. I'm just playing devil's advocate. **

gothard and jb. gothard's already been exposed as a perv, and jb...well, let's just say i think we all know that he should not be a role model for anyone.

There have been moments from the beginning of all this mess that I've wondered if Josh has taken the fall for his father--the sacrificial lamb to the slaughter. But then I think how the police report interviews read. Either way, JB is a pig and IMHO he clearly molded this young man into what he is today.

same story here! went to bed having read through page 21 of 25, and now have forgotten many, many thoughts and quips. i blame my memory problems on pregnancy brain, though :P

Same here. I'm 11 weeks.

If they're really smart, they'd get prepaid Visa cards to pay for everything.

Now who ever accused any of the Duggars of being smart? Maybe money and publicity smart - but common sense smart? Naw.

Same here. I'm 11 weeks.

i'm 11 weeks as well...are you me?? :P *cue twilight theme*

I went to bed when this was on page 26 and I now only caught up.

Sad thing is, I had something witty and snarky to say and now, 14 pages later, and only obtaining coffee about half way in, I forgot. :lol:

Anyway, I'm not usually this excited about anything related to the Duggars, but I'm on pins and needles waiting for the fundie reaction.

So far in comment sections I have seen all of the following:

--His email was hacked.

--Identity theft.

--He was doing research for the FRC

--Everyone sins, so it isn't anyone's business.

--Liberal people sin worse than this.

--(And, naturally...) Why aren't they doing stories on all the evil famous liberal people who surely had accounts?

Sorry - but JChelle and Boob do have some responsibility here in that there is a possibility that if they had gotten Joshie proper TRAINED help as a child that he could have worked out some of his issues and been able to have a normal, healthy sex life within his marriage.

Not releasing Josh from blame - but the guy came from a screwed up family. Think of all the innuendo that Boob would make on TV - what the hell else was going on just in front of the kids?

In the sense that parents have the responsibility of not screwing up their kids like this, sure. And yes, what they've done to them by raising them in that culture is something they need to answer for in their quiet moments - although I doubt they do.

But at some point we all become adults and yes, we carry our childhood with us in good and bad ways as it's woven into who we are, but there is a point where we're 100% responsible for our own choices. People have to be accountable for their own actions and if so damaged by a bad childhood they need to address that before they damage other people or bring babies into the world.

Josh isn't responsible for starting the cycle, but he's sure as shit responsible for perpetuating it.

And there are a lot of people who cheat who have decent upbringings and plenty of people in this cult who don't, I'm sure. There is no guarantee that therapy would have prevented this - they could have done all the right things and still had this happen.

This one is in Josh's lap alone.

Archived