IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

Wow! I've been sick most of the day and night, and now BOOM! Another Josh scandal. I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I fear there is more to come. My heart goes out to Anna and those innocent kids.

Also an illegitimate Duggar isn't what I fear. It's STDs. Hopefully Josh used condoms. The thought of him infecting Anna, the kids, and other women is scary.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine how much it hurts to read that your husband and father of your young children advertised himself as wanting this with someone else. Part of me hopes Anna had her own account and they just have some kind of fundie open relationship. Though I know it isn't likely :)

I can't even imagine what Anna must be going through these last few months, most especially tonight. Finding out that your husband wants to be with someone else, and that he wants to do different sexual things than with you, has got to be a tremendous hurt. I hate how Anna and other young women like her are basically set up to fail. "Be available to meet your husband's needs," but we're not going to provided you with quality sex ed, and we're not going to allow you any opportunity to figure out sexual things, at least not without a healthy dose of shame. We'll just say, "don't act slutty," and "don't explore your own sexuality and proclivities," and "don't think about it at all until you're married." And then these women are just supposed to flip some metaphorical switch and be amazing in bed for their spouse? Not to mention, being available all the time even though they are so frequently pregnant/nursing/post-natal/tired from dealing with 4 under age 6...IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!

If it's true that Josh wants to tout "college" and a lover who is a good "conversationalist" in his idealistic fake profile, it's so damning of their anti-intellectual lifestyle. I think that would almost hurt me even more than the physical sex part - that my husband might be bored of me and/or look down on my intellect. Josh must have worked with some bright, talented, college-educated young women in DC, right? Or met wives of coworkers who were. How could Anna possibly compete with that?

I'm so sad for Anna that she doesn't appear to have any good options right now. I'm frustrated that she doesn't just leave, but also wonder if she even knows where to begin to find resources if she did want to leave. Would she risk eternal damnation by walking away, in her culture's views?

You know, if Josh has been browsing AM for years, I am pretty sure he is browsing HERE as well.

Hi Josh! Why don't you post? ....or do you????? :shifty-kitty: :shhh:

Yep, if it was just the free dating sites which are public facing I'd believe someone could be fucking with him - but this went on for 2 years and 3 months and there was no way of knowing this would ever get leaked. That's almost 1k for a payoff one couldn't possibly see coming 2+ years later - that doesn't pass the sniff test for me.

If it wasn't him it was someone close enough to him to have his addresses in 2 different states alone with his credit card info. That's a shortlist and no one on it is likelier than Josh himself to do that.

Plus, the fact that the OK has such history and is associated with the AM account email address that ties to nothing else almost substantiates the AM thing, as well.

They virtually have to be both by the same person - and while someone could have done both, starting an OK site long ago when he wasn't anyone makes no sense - and so that same person almost certainly has to be Josh based on the info associated with the AM account being so limited.

No one could really have created that OK knowing they'd someday down the road manage to get his address/info in two separate locations, all just to 'bust' him or something.

Awww shitnugggets and tittysprinkles.

-Joshy, Joshy, Joshy...you HAVE been a busy boy, haven't you? What exactly were you thinking here, sonnyjim?

-Anna, if you can't bring yourself to divorce the prick, at least have the sense to milk this for all it's worth financially.

-The Duggar boys are probably screwed for marriage at least for a while.

-Piggybacking off of that, I got the very amusing image in my head of Si holding Josh while JD punched and Blessa filmed it on her phone. Somewhere in the background you hear Famy scream "You ruined EVERYTHING!"

-JB and J'chelle, you done goofed. The Duggar goose is cooked.

-Duggar Kidults, if any of you had doubts, now is as good a time as any. How much do you really have left to lose, and at this point, do you really want to be involved in your family's circus?

I've been reading this since I saw it at work, by the way. It took forever. :lol:

Part of me feels sorry for the entire situation, the other part of me doesn't care.

Mostly I feel sorry that Anna has to go through this. I feel sorry that because of his douchbagery, the other Duggar kids will probably never be allowed an ounce of privacy ever, no more twitter and instagram when courting begins!

Anna has a big opportunity here to kick Josh's butt to the kerb, and do herself and her children a huge favour and renounce all this patriarchal bullshit for what it is. Bullshit. Whether she does it by a tell all book, or a simple press release, I hope she does what is right for her.

I hope she is brave enough to show her daughters and her sons that the way their father acted is not acceptable, or moral and that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, no matter whether they are male or female.

Unfortunately though, she hasn't been given the tools to make a such a stand due to her upbringing, and will probably blame herself for not being an even more perfect fundie wife and mother, and double down and try even harder. I doubt she will come to understand that she is not the problem, Josh and the ridiculous beliefs they adhere to are, and that just by following them, she is set up to fail.

Hopefully one of her siblings who has already left ATI will take her aside, tell it like it is, and provide a safe place for her and the children to land, while she tries to sort out her future - on Josh and JB's dime.

Caught up. Thanks to my baby having a 2 hour nap today!

Thoughts

It is his. As is the okcupid. He really thought he could get away with that. Crazy. He wrote college education because that is what he wanted for himself… And something that he lusts after.

Maybe the question about ebullition and creationism been taught side-by-side was the most religious option, maybe there wasn't one with just been taught creationism? That makes sense to me but I don't know how OkCupid works so maybe someone without membership can confirm?

Agree with a PP that Josh is trying to live out his dating dreams. I think he resents his parents but I doubt he would admit that even to himself

His parents must be furious, surely they can't blame this one on the evil liberal lesbian gay media?

I do feel sorry for Anna but I don't think she'll leave him.

Sorry for any errors using voice to type.

Oh also Amy must be furious! Attention taken away from her AND all people we'll be talking about at her wedding especially if Josh attends

Isn't it interesting that Joy is now down with Jill and Derick in South America? That makes all Josh's victims not present in the house now. The fact that Jill and Derick did not return to the Tontitown house, and returned so quickly along with Joy and Carlin Bates. I think they wanted to get Joy out of the country before the Sex Abuse special was aired.

And now this latest revelation about the prodigal Duggar son... shit's definitely hitting the fan!

I just want to say....

As someone who has been on the shitty end of the catfish game multiple times, it fucking sucks. I feel bad for any women he met who were expecting the man from the other photo.

p.s. Josh Duggar is a Tool :music-tool:

I think we have the same birthday! I'm partying too! :cracking-up:

August 29? ME TOO!!! Party time :cracking-up:

What I don't get is this. He meets some unlucky woman via Ashley Madison and then.. doesn't he think she'll recognize him either at that point or in the future? He has no worry she'd go to the press or sell her story (like he does every day?).

A totally penis-driven man :music-tool:

I love how in his OK Cupid profile he wrote that he really doesn't watch much TV, just some reality shows. LOL!!!

Anna has a big opportunity here to kick Josh's butt to the kerb, and do herself and her children a huge favour and renounce all this patriarchal bullshit for what it is. Bullshit. Whether she does it by a tell all book, or a simple press release, I hope she does what is right for her.

I hope she is brave enough to show her daughters and her sons that the way their father acted is not acceptable, or moral and that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, no matter whether they are male or female.

Unfortunately though, she hasn't been given the tools to make a such a stand due to her upbringing, and will probably blame herself for not being an even more perfect fundie wife and mother, and double down and try even harder. I doubt she will come to understand that she is not the problem, Josh and the ridiculous beliefs they adhere to are, and that just by following them, she is set up to fail.

Hopefully one of her siblings who has already left ATI will take her aside, tell it like it is, and provide a safe place for her and the children to land, while she tries to sort out her future - on Josh and JB's dime.

I agree, Anna will probably be blaming herself for Josh's failings and the ATI goons around her will be making sure she carries on doing so rather than laying the blame where it should fall. Josh and his ghastly family, her ghastly parents, and their incredibly effed-up belief system.

The idiocy in Josh pursuing an affair while still living in Arkansas is beyond the pail. He lived in a small town, and if someone happened across his profile, you know it would have been gossiped about all over town. He had more amenity in DC, so I get it there, but not the Springdale area. Glad this isn't my life right now.

My gut reaction is wow, how pathetic. He's basically looking for run of the mill vanilla sex with someone he can talk to ie a partner. Obviously it's seriously wrong to cheat but I read this as their courtship bullshit clearly not working. Picking a random stranger who looks vaguely compatible from afar doesn't work. Now you can be a saint and live with it (Anna) or be an arsehole and look elsewhere (josh) but it doesn't change the fact that dating, sleeping around and generally experimenting a bit leads to being happier later in life than all those silly no touching rules.

I want Anna to realise she has everything she needs to chuck him to the ground, walk away with her kids, and have a good life. She could even spill the beans about the Duggars and make herself a cosy profit. She's done nothing wrong - manipulated by a shitty upbringing into marrying a molester, and now adulterer. Everything will be her fault for not submitting, and the shame of having a husband who has affairs. The older kidults will realise their puritan view of marriage is a sham, and run a mile. DillJer will stay in South America with Joy. Blessa will decide being InstaPreachers isn't for them, shut up and live normal lives. J'Boob and J'Mullet will be ruined.

In reality, the Duggars will release a statement about how Josh was having a difficult time in Christ, something about repenting and being saved, forgiveness all round, and they will go on to host marriage advice specials on TLC. SMFH. At least the part about them being ruined might happen...not.

Did Anna's sisters marry creeps too? I had no idea, only seen one of her sisters husbands that was on an episode of 19kids. What did they do?

One is married to a delusional jerkwad who packed up their family and moved to Zambia, where he acts like an entitled, delusional jerkwad and begs people for money to annoy Zambians about not following his particular brand of Christianity. Another is married to an ATI stooge who is widely speculated to be gay and using her as a beard, and acts weirdly controlling of her, even by fundie standards. Daddy Keller sure knows how to pick 'em.

A lot of people are posting variations of how Anna is trapped and can't get away for some reason.

JB and M have NO CHOICE if Anna leaves and sues for divorce.

No court would EVER take custody away from Anna and give it to JB and M. It would not happen in a million years.

If she decides to leave, and I truly hope that she does, she would be easily accepted by a shelter for abused women and children. She would easily gain a full custody order and she would be entitled to child maintenance and spousal support. There is NOTHING that JB could do about it other than attempt to bribe a corrupt family court judge and I don't think that any judge would dare no matter how corrupt s/he may be.

A case could EASILY be made that the Duggars are unfit to have access to Anna's children just based on the shit that comes out of their mouths when they speak to the media.

The only thing holding Anna back is Anna--and perhaps the emotional abuse and manipulation that she is suffering is clouding her judgement. Hopefully her parents have seen the light and can help her.

And if she does decide to leave---again Josh and JB can do nothing about it.

I don't agree with this. For several reasons, one in Arkansas there is a precedent for grandparents suing for access to grandchildren and getting it. Secondly, unless there was evidence that Josh had continued to be inappropriate with under age girls, he would likely get shared custody with Anna. There is no real reason to expect otherwise.

You know, if Josh has been browsing AM for years, I am pretty sure he is browsing HERE as well.

Hi Josh! Why don't you post? ....or do you????? :shifty-kitty: :shhh:

I am pretty sure KISA told us this years ago

What I don't get is this. He meets some unlucky woman via Ashley Madison and then.. doesn't he think she'll recognize him either at that point or in the future? He has no worry she'd go to the press or sell her story (like he does every day?).

A totally penis-driven man :music-tool:

I love how in his OK Cupid profile he wrote that he really doesn't watch much TV, just some reality shows. LOL!!!

A lot of women in their twenties or even my age would not being able to pick Josh Duggar out on sight. Some might not even recognize the name, but I sure he went by his fake name. Joe Smithson (which by the way sounds like, let me pick a fake name...Joe Smith. Wait not, that sounds too fake....Joe Smithsom. Excellent!)

The idiocy in Josh pursuing an affair while still living in Arkansas is beyond the pail. He lived in a small town, and if someone happened across his profile, you know it would have been gossiped about all over town. He had more amenity in DC, so I get it there, but not the Springdale area. Glad this isn't my life right now.

This is true.

Archived