IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

OMG! just can't believe it!

I think that Anna will just blame herself instead of blaming Josh and that makes me sad

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So long as Anna continues to be a broodmare for god's army, I have zero sympathy or fucks to give. Her children are being raised in an environment of intolerance and are nothing more than future robots of judgment and hate.

I saw this on FB last night and wondered if FJ knew. I got no farther than the main page, saw hundreds of names at the bottle and thought, yup, they know!

I remember when they were moving to DC, and people were speculating on when/if he'd have an affair with an intern. I am shocked, I never imagined he would go this far. Poor Anna and the kids.

It wasn't long before all the media picked this up. ET said they had reached out to the Duggars for a comment. I could just see, the phone rings at the TTH and one of the kids answers, Dad, it's for you, ET. Boob would wonder over thinking YES, they want us again! ET asks for a comment and Boobs mouth drops to his ankles....

I stayed up and watched "ET! News" last night (11 pm EST) and they had a segment on the People (?) cover story. Nothing about Ashley Madison. I know "ET! news" is not live so I am wondering what they will have on today....I normally don't watch ET! News but when I was flipping channels and saw it on, I had to stop and watch and see what/if they had anything. :)

Interesting this morning the local news had a blurb about Joshie and Ashley Madison. 8-)

I want to take a moment to caution people. So far all the comments I've read through have been relatively mild - I think everyone is still in the :wtf: stage.

As we move out of that though, I really want to urge people to avoid speculating about some topics - such as Josh's mental health at this time. We have no way of knowing how he feels or what he may be thinking. As such, I think discussion of whether or not he is suicidal is inappropriate and unfair.

I say this now because of what happened last time there was a Josh-related scandal. People were speculating wildly and there were posters making stereotypical assumptions that don't help anyone - in fact, they cause further harm to those of us who actually do struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis.

So please, as we continue discussing this situation I really hope we can proceed with caution.

End PSA. :D

Isn't it interesting that Joy is now down with Jill and Derick in South America? That makes all Josh's victims not present in the house now. The fact that Jill and Derick did not return to the Tontitown house, and returned so quickly along with Joy and Carlin Bates. I think they wanted to get Joy out of the country before the Sex Abuse special was aired.

And now this latest revelation about the prodigal Duggar son... shit's definitely hitting the fan!

I just caught this as I was reading through some of the comments here.

I just want to point out that Jinger is still in TTH. Unless she went to stay with the Seewalds or someone else. However, its not a given that they are all out of the same house or that they all left the area. Even if Jinger is with Benessa, Josh is still in the same geographic area as them.

I do agree, I think its good Jill and Joy are together right now. Say what you will about Jill, but I have never doubted that she loves her buddy group members very much. Having Joy there may provide comfort to them both.

What happened to the whole 'marriage is between one man and one woman thing' that they preach so much? The Duggars are the biggest hypocrites ever. Run, Anna.

I wonder if his parents had actually gotten him the professional help he needed when he was 14, some of this could have been avoided.

They HAVE to make some sort of statement today, right? There's no way they can let this go more than 24 hours without any sort of acknowledgement, either denying it or apologizing.

To be a fly on the wall in that house...

One is married to a delusional jerkwad who packed up their family and moved to Zambia, where he acts like an entitled, delusional jerkwad and begs people for money to annoy Zambians about not following his particular brand of Christianity. Another is married to an ATI stooge who is widely speculated to be gay and using her as a beard, and acts weirdly controlling of her, even by fundie standards. Daddy Keller sure knows how to pick 'em.

The first guy sounds like he's straight from The Poisonwood Bible. Stories almost the same lol.

I'm sure he can claim pretty much anything he wants, and the people who are bound and determined to defend the Duggars will find some way to believe it.

I'm not sure about the idea that if he were going to deny it he would've done it already. This story just broke, what - 4 hours ago? If that? He's probably talking to his lawyer/PR person/family and deciding on the best course of action.

I agree with this 100%. I'm sure yesterday and last night consisted of circling the wagons and meeting with various lawyers, PR people and consultants. I think they probably learned their lesson with the molestation scandal about admitting to and addressing the allegations (which were obviously factual).

I firmly believe they are going to deny deny deny. He was framed, identity theft, media is out to get them, progressives, gays, atheists, Obama, Benghazi, blah blah blah...not to mention the documents were obtained illegally. I think they will straight up ignore the facts (his credit card, his address, etc) and just play the denial/blame game.

I want to take a moment to caution people. So far all the comments I've read through have been relatively mild - I think everyone is still in the :wtf: stage.

As we move out of that though, I really want to urge people to avoid speculating about some topics - such as Josh's mental health at this time. We have no way of knowing how he feels or what he may be thinking. As such, I think discussion of whether or not he is suicidal is inappropriate and unfair.

I say this now because of what happened last time there was a Josh-related scandal. People were speculating wildly and there were posters making stereotypical assumptions that don't help anyone - in fact, they cause further harm to those of us who actually do struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis.

So please, as we continue discussing this situation I really hope we can proceed with caution.

End PSA. :D

I just caught this as I was reading through some of the comments here.

I just want to point out that Jinger is still in TTH. Unless she went to stay with the Seewalds or someone else. However, its not a given that they are all out of the same house or that they all left the area. Even if Jinger is with Benessa, Josh is still in the same geographic area as them.

I do agree, I think its good Jill and Joy are together right now. Say what you will about Jill, but I have never doubted that she loves her buddy group members very much. Having Joy there may provide comfort to them both.

I think they might have meant that Jinger is supposed to be doing the speaking engagement thing with Jana? Aren't they away for that right now?

I wonder if his parents had actually gotten him the professional help he needed when he was 14, some of this could have been avoided.

Honestly, I doubt it. He's an arrogant sleezebag. I don't think therapy would have helped that.

Damn. Anna is having one hell of a shitty year :(

Yeahhhhh I'm going to predict that M5 won't happen for a looooong time, if ever.

Anyone else super looking forward to the leghumper's Lilly and Ellie's blog about this today? Let's see them explain this one away :popcorn2:

Yeahhhhh I'm going to predict that M5 won't happen for a looooong time, if ever.

I wish that were true, but unfortunately I think we're giving Anna too much credit. She'll stay with him and be The Good Wife, standing by her man through thick and thin, the way God (and gothard) intended.

I think they might have meant that Jinger is supposed to be doing the speaking engagement thing with Jana? Aren't they away for that right now?

Correct, today is the second of 4 days.

edited to fix quote

Anyone else super looking forward to the leghumper's Lilly and Ellie's blog about this today? Let's see them explain this one away :popcorn2:

Taken from my post above, this applies to leghumpers as well:

they are going to deny deny deny. He was framed, identity theft, media is out to get them, progressives, gays, atheists, Obama, Benghazi, blah blah blah...not to mention the documents were obtained illegally. I think they will straight up ignore the facts (his credit card, his address, etc) and just play the denial/blame game

Snipped for the part upon which I want to comment.

As a Psychologist ( meaning I have a PhD. in Psychology and am licensed to practice clinical psychology and have done so for a decade), I would like to strongly support VR's comment above.

It is wrong to speculate on Josh's or Anna's likelihood of suicide or other self- harm with the revelations that are now being made public.

We absolutely do not know what the two of them have discussed or when.

Also, there's a very thin line between " wondering" if someone is suicidal and "maybe hoping" they are in a situation like this. Josh has done NOTHING to endear people to him in years, if ever, so it's understandable that he's not a sympathetic character. Still, no one deserves the " maybe suicide" talk.

Likewise, people need to realize this is a snark site, NOT a support a Duggar site and talk about what JOSH has done, not how someone perceives Anna to feel about it. We don't know what Anna knew or knows, or how she feels about anything. We may never know.

That's right! I completely forgot they were doing that! Thanks for pointing that out (sorry goldfishgoddess!) :lol:

So the good news is, he is not a pedo, since he is interested in adult woman. Not a big consolation to poor anna thought, i guess.

New verse in the Book of Duggar:

As a child I went after other children.

Now, as an adult I'm going for the REAL DEAL and getting some real pussy!

Slight digression from topic: last night during the posting frenzy I noticed that this topic slipped into second place momentarily. Which topic took over the top spot, you ask? Crochet! This is why I love FJ.

(Also, it's so nice when so many members gather at once to share their compassion for this beleaguered family. :wink-kitty: )

Sorry for interruption.

Can you guys really imagine Josh hooking up with some random woman? We all have seen how awkward he and Anna are. I need the brain bleach emoticon now:/

Could be awkward with Anna because they have no chemistry or attraction! I hope they each move on to new partners they meet in a normal way and get to know before marriage etc.

Archived