IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

I am SHOCKED. Like my jaw LITERALLY dropped to the ground. Do we know if this is true? How true is Gawker?

Gawker is not totally untarnished (especially by recent events you can read about elsewhere), but I have no doubt that this was vetted very, very thoroughly -- they have broken some fairly big stories in the past (the Rob Ford drug scandal in Toronto is one, I believe) with credibility.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not about to do any research but there are probably still states that have laws against adultery. Even sodomy laws in some states.

I doubt anyone ever gets prosecuted for adultery though. I'm not going to hold that against him as if it is illegal. I'll hold it against him because it's revolting. But to me, it's not a crime.

From the article:

According to the data, Josh Duggar was paying Ashley Madison in order to find an extramarital partner for the following acts:

“Conventional Sex,†Experimenting with Sex Toys,†One-Night Stands,†“Open to Experimentation,†“Gentleness,†“Good With Your Hands,†Sensual Massage,†“Extended Foreplay/Teasing,†“Bubble Bath for 2,†“Likes to Give Oral Sex,†“Likes to Receive Oral Sex,†“Someone I Can Teach,†“Someone Who Can Teach Me,†“Kissing,†“Cuddling & Hugging,†“Sharing Fantasies,†“Sex Talk.â€

And here are the turn-ons that he offered up in service of finding a compatible person other than his wife with which to engage in those acts:

“A Professional/Well Groomed,†“Stylish/Classy,†“Casual Jeans/T-shirt Type,†“Muscular/Fit Body,†â€Petite Figure,†“Tall Height,†“Short Height,†“Long Hair,â€â€Short Hair,†“Girl Next Door,†“Naughty Girl,†“Sense of Humor,†“Imagination,†“Creative and Adventurous,†“Relaxed and Easy Going,†“Aggressive/Take Charge Nature,†“Confidence,†“Discretion/Secrecy,†“A Good Listener,†“Good Personal Hygiene,†“Average Sex Drive,†“High Sex Drive,†“Dislikes Routine,†“Has a Secret Love Nest,†“Disease Free,†“Drug Free,†and “Natural Breasts.â€

I can't imagine how much it hurts to read that your husband and father of your young children advertised himself as wanting this with someone else. Part of me hopes Anna had her own account and they just have some kind of fundie open relationship. Though I know it isn't likely :)

what a slimeball! And he paid nearly $250 for a "guaranteed affair?"

That means somewhere out there ... there are Smuggar hookup girls who will no doubt be ready to come forward and tell all. This is never going to end.

P.S. Poor Anna indeed. Her headship was getting headship alright.

Okay, so the Bible says a few things about divorce:

Matthew 5:32

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

I don't know if they would apply the same rules to the wife.

Then elsewhere Jesus doesn't give any exceptions for divorce.

Mark 10:10-12

When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. He answered, "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

And this doesn't give an infidelity exception either:

1 Corinthians 7:39

A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry, this is just too good. Omg. Anna must not have been submitting to him enough.

Your move, Anna. RUN!

i especially love one gawker comment that goes something like..."this would have never happened if the gays hadn't undermined his marriage."

yes, i'm a bad person, i don't care. :D

It is a verified account, too. The only way it isn't him is if someone with his name lived at the same addresses as him at the same exact time and used his credit cards. Funny that he ended the account right around the time the scandal broke, too.

There is a world of difference between a child molester and an adult man who is cheating on his wife (presumably with a consenting fellow adult). I think he's a nasty piece of work, even if all he did was cheat on his wife, but cheating isn't illegal. If he isn't molesting children any more then whatever therapy he got did some good (yes, I know it was fake religious therapy or hard work :cry: )

True, it's not illegal, but the hypocrisy of also working for a family values think tank (or hate group, whatever) whilst having said affair? Beyond reprehensible.

I thought about this and really, I'm pretty convinced it's true. He's pretty daring for such a "celeb". I read somewhere some local college kids that talked about him going to a strip clubs. I think a place called Bottoms Up. Which is the dive of all dives, very skeezy. The girls are pretty bad. Gun shot wounds, pregnant, dirty...all the things Josh would want. Right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woah. Totally waiting to see where this goes.

I mean, when you marry off a son with obvious issues (knowingly and for that reason even) and you marry your kids off to people you not only have a hand in choosing but you're kids have no clue as to who they're really getting involved with......it's a matter of time before shit starts hitting the fan in the marriage. It will be interesting to see how these marriages fair in the long run. However, the option for divorce is pretty much slim to none. Unless you do some sort of cult style breaking free. aka, leaving with nothing and leaving it all behind.

If the Duggers weren't done for before, they certainly are now.

Muahahahahaha.

I wonder who else is going to get caught with their pants down, DCs at the top of the list for places in the hack.

I'm hoping like hell that a major news/magazine picks this up just so the Duggars will have to make a statement. Their statements are the best thing ever.

My facebook exploded on the way home... so first stop is here!

6 immediate thoughts

1 - Poor Anna

2 - I thought Oral was prohibited because no baybeez

3 - Does this mean joshie used BC with someone else (please say there arent other lil joshies out there)

4 - Credit card? What happened to cash only

5 - What a fucking piece of shit

6 - This gives a lot more credence to the "strip club" rumors in his younger days

As straight up awful I think that Josh is, the checklist of what he wanted just sounds really sad.

The whole wants a good listener and someone to hug and cuddle just seems very Holden Caulfield to me, it sounds like he is just desperate for any sort of connection.

If this was any other person, I would feel sorry for them. But Lil' Joshy has had enough coddling in his life, and while his ATI upbringing is a huge factor in this, he still made the choice to cheat and the CHOICE to molest innocent girls. He deserves all the backlash he can get.

It's a sad situation. I feel awful for Anna, I hope she gets the support she needs through all of this. But deep down I know she just has to keep pretty.

Do we think his partner will come forward? Yes, she was outed too, but given that you were caught giving interviews might not be the end of the world.

Do y'all remember way back in the Josh/Anna wedding episode (and what a terrible episode it was, let's be real) when they made a huge deal out of having a 'covenant marriage'? For those wondering about Anna's divorce prospects after this additional revelation, here's information about a 'covenant marriage' in Arkansas:

nwamarriages.com/married-couples/covenant-marriage-license/

Basically,

Under a Covenant Marriage, a couple may seek divorce only after receiving counseling and only for the following reasons:

Adultery by the other spouse

Commission of a felony or other infamous crime by the other spouse

Physical or sexual abuse of the spouse or of a child of either spouse

Girl definitely has grounds... Can't say I expect her to take advantage of it, but there we have it.

3 - Does this mean joshie used BC with someone else (please say there arent other lil joshies out there)

I didn't even think about that. I wonder if his beliefs about birth control don't apply when he's having sex with another woman. And if there are more Josh offspring out there, will Jim Bob be adding them to his "x grandchildren and counting!" comments?

I wonder who else is going to get caught with their pants down, DCs at the top of the list for places in the hack.

I have been wondering about this. I think there are people out there currently searching the data for every "traditional marriage" advocate, and I'm sure there are also a lot of people hoping for a chance to take down enemies. My guess is that there are some other recognizable names in the data.

I still think the hackers are awful people, and I stand against doxxing and hacking in general, but if anything good comes out of this it'll be watching Smuggar and similar hypocrites go down.

I take no joy in this news. If false then it just provides more pain to a family already hurting (and yes, Josh brought that on himself; his wife and kids didn't deserve it though.) If true then it means Anna has been publicly humiliated by her husband again.

I understand people are taking joy in this because of everything he has stood for over the years.... But this will have a huge effect on Anna and their kids. I feel very badly for them.

He WORKED for and was THE FACE for FRC, and campaigned for Traditional Family Values and spoke at FAMILY CONFERENCES. Yet he not only molested his sisters, but he joined and paid for a marital cheating website. What a hypocrite.

If she could have a ATI approved divorce, under their belief system would he have to get the kids? They need his umbrella right? Or would it be like the FLDS where the kids would become the property of her next husband?

I imagine a judge would have something else to say about this, but in theory . . .

I thought the hackers had revealed that 95% of the members were men and that most of the females on the site were made up?

Which means Joshie probably screwed, but not in the way he intended.

What a stupid, stupid man.

Archived