IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

The way I look at it, Anna has no choice but to stay with Josh and forgive him. She has four very young children, no marketable skills, and has never held any sort of employment. I can't imagine she would get much child support from unemployed (and frankly, at this point, unemployable) husband with no education. Poor woman has no choice but to suck it up, I'm afraid. I imagine he'll do some very public groveling and seek redemption in church. Maybe we'll get a book about how he found Jesus again and Anna learned to forgive and forget.

Anna does have the benefit of some non-fundie siblings. But there's a good chance they simply don't have the resources to support an additional family of five.

Edited for clarification

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She wouldn't get much child support, but she isn't getting much financial support from him either for the same reasons. I don't think she will leave him, but I don't think this is why.

Well, as long as she stays tied to the Duggar clan, she has Jim-Bob's dough to get them through, is my thinking.

I think we all knew deep down there was more to Josh's pathology.

And now I really don't believe the molestation incidents were as limited as the Duggars want us to believe.

Sick fucking fuck.

Man, I go on a Duggar hiatus and ALL the tea gets spilled.

I hope Anna is looking at ALL her options really hard right now and thinking of how to best care for those 4 babies. If she cut her ties now, she could probably get a nice little payday from the book deal and interview circuit and get herself a nice little nest egg to care for her family.

With luck, the other Duggar kids are eyeing their family situation and figuring their exit plans too.

According to the Gawker article, Josh purchased the plan with an "Affair Guarantee." Money back if there is no hook-up!

Well, those Duggars are always thrifty...

Would Anna have to welcome the kid into their home? How would the ATI world want them to deal with that?

How much you wanna bet he'd pay for an abortion first?

A mild, first term one, of course.

:popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2:

I'm waiting for Famy's next instagram post

People make mistakes, ya'll!

I wish Anna could have alcohol. If ever a day called for drinking an entire bottle of wine while throwing your husband's clothes out on the front lawn...

I didn't even think about that. I wonder if his beliefs about birth control don't apply when he's having sex with another woman. And if there are more Josh offspring out there, will Jim Bob be adding them to his "x grandchildren and counting!" comments?

"x grandchildren out of wedlock and counting!"

Until May of 2015. So he had to back off on cheating as the scandal pressure and watchful eyes mounted, eh? AND that second span included an "affair guarantee" where you get your money back if you don't get a hookup. Since it was active for so long, sounds like he got his guarantee. So awful.

I feel lots of schadenfreude at his suffering usually, and this is tasty icing for that cake, but this is the worst I have felt for his family. With the molestation, there isn't really any solid indication that he is still a risk. But this. This is very recent and he was very married throughout. I'm no Anna fan, but I feel for her. For the scandal to come out during pregnancy and now this postpartum, ouch.

I'm guessing it also had to do with finances and the fact that he lost his job. Couldn't really justify spending money on cheating with hungry mouths to feed.

Good grief, this is completely terrible. :(

OMG this is perfect.

I mean, I'm so sorry for Anna. But the reaction to this will be so entertaining!

Didn't their vows include something about her being in control of the internet? Its amazing how well these precautions work . . .

I wish Anna could have alcohol. If ever a day called for drinking an entire bottle of wine while throwing your husband's clothes out on the front lawn...

At the very least, she could pour it on his clothes and set fire to them.

Any bets as to whether or not Josh had any takers? Who the hell would want him, besides Anna?

I'm going back and forth between feeling that this is utterly awesome, and feeling awful for Anna.

I think Josh's entire life is Exhibit A why the fundie lifestyle is so damaging.

Didn't their vows include something about her being in control of the internet? Its amazing how well these precautions work . . .

I think that was Priscilla and The Fabulous David Waller, IIRC.

I wonder if Josh knew this was coming -- news of the Ashley Madison data breach first came around a month ago. I think it was just yesterday or the day before the group finally said they were posting all of the data. If he isn't living under a rock -- and, if I were Josh, I would have been retreating under a pile of them since May -- he probably heard about the leak. I wonder if he had a chance to tell Anna or any of the family before Gawker broke it and everyone descended upon their social media. Of course, he's probably too arrogant to have thought he would be discovered.

Maybe they're eating dinner as a family and haven't seen yet. If so, I bet it will be the last (relatively) peaceful meal in that house for a while.

I fully expect that Josh will deny and say this is a setup by the liberal media to continue to persecute him. JB might go along with that just to attempt to save face. I would be absolutely shocked if he admitted it was true, at least publicly.

Wonder how long the Duggars are going to circle the wagons this time. And is there going to be a Megyn Kelly interview part 2? I hope there's going to be a Megyn Kelly interview part 2.

Wonder how long the Duggars are going to circle the wagons this time. And is there going to be a Megyn Kelly interview part 2? I hope there's going to be a Megyn Kelly interview part 2.

With just Anna, we know Josh won't stand up and answer questions.

Archived