IGNORED

John Shrader in Zambia Pt 5: Witnessing, Weeping & Wondering

happy atheist

:hello:

Just made it through the "10 Shraders in Zambia" thread. About to order me one of those magical colloidal silver generator machines. Why invest in silver when I can drink it?!

Seriously though, these threads have been very educational. I've learned a ton about disease vectors, cultural (in)sensitivity, even naming habits in post-colonial Africa. I doubt John Shrader has learned any of this.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even have an ice cube maker in my freezer, or any ice cubes for that matter!

I have suddenly been called to be a missionary in Zambia. Please send money and a freezer.

I don't like ice, generally. It just waters down what you drink. It's definitely not something I would consider a need for anyone, let alone a missionary. 

I don't even have an ice cube maker in my freezer, or any ice cubes for that matter!

I have suddenly been called to be a missionary in Zambia. Please send money and a freezer.

I'll offer you the same deal that I once gave @Formergothardite ...

Once you grift yourself a magical accordion then I'll consider prayers to the God I don't believe in for the success of your mission.  No cash. :)

Well John is getting his ice cubes, they struck water. It really doesn't seem like that much of a miracle since the guy next door to them has a well. I imagine their neighbor that sold water for a living is not thrilled with John. 

My husband inherited an accordion. Does that count as grifting? We didn't pay for it...

We also no longer have it.

No, inheritance doesn't count as grifting.  Sorry. 

I'm glad you don't still have it.  Otherwise, @formergothardite and @Trynn would be competing to grift it from you and I might have to be forced to pray. :)

ETA oh my, the @name thing just started working for me again.

If I manage to grift an accordion, instead of praying, you can just send me cash. I'm not sure the airlines accept prayer as payment for a flight. 

Well John is getting his ice cubes, they struck water. It really doesn't seem like that much of a miracle since the guy next door to them has a well. I imagine their neighbor that sold water for a living is not thrilled with John

And this is the way John could get into big trouble.

If I manage to grift an accordion, instead of praying, you can just send me cash. I'm not sure the airlines accept prayer as payment for a flight. 

Come to think of it, didn't I offer to ship you and your grifted accordion over in a container to covert @OkToBeTakei?  Rea's container got there without any damage. :my_biggrin:

Come to think of it, didn't I offer to ship you and your grifted accordion over in a container to covert @OkToBeTakei?  Rea's container got there without any damage. :my_biggrin:

It has been laid on my heart(by me) that if I am going by shipping container it must be the kind that Raymond Reddington has in the show The Blacklist. 

What about a grifted flute? My cousin said I could have hers. Does that count?

Nope, sorry.  It has to be an accordion.  Bonus points if you don't know how to play it but I'm not paying for lessons.  You have to grift those from someone else.

It has been laid on my heart(by me) that if I am going by shipping container it must be the kind that Raymond Reddington has in the show The Blacklist. 

I had to look that one up!  Sorry, I think I can only spring for a shipping container.  My sacrificial giving only stretches that far.  We can punch air-holes in it and stock it with your preferred brands of taco chips and beef jerky though. 

I want ranch flavored sunflower seeds. And ice cubes. 

Sunflower seeds - done!  Ranch flavored - I'll add a bottle for dipping or a packet of the dry stuff so that you can shake them all about. It's going to be a long voyage.

Ice cubes?  Well, if you manage to grift a fridge or freezer to fit into the container, we just might be able to connect it to electricity for you to freeze your own.  The raw product (water) must be provided by other donors.

Do you think I am made of money?:argumentative:

He is dumber than a box of rocks-the person that is selling water to the people in his village is their only means of support. So now he has taken away their means to support their family. I am waiting for something to happen to his well, he will say it is Satan.  I wonder if he is going to be like Zsu and PP you have to be a member of their cult to get free water? 

Me either! Well, I have ice cubes, but I have to fill the trays all by myself!

I don't even have trays.... Or room for trays in my freezer.... Heck I don't even have my own bathroom, I share it with an apartment mate. I work twice as hard as John does in a week, and he loves better than I do.

It is really appealing to go apply to some church to be a missionary.

Does he have ANY theological education whatsoever?

I looked it up once when he still had his education listed on FB.  He has a "Masters" degree in "Bible. " Distance learning and apparently from this unaccredited place   HTTP://ImmanuelSeminary.com

Oh, and he was Assistant Pastor at his Dad's church and claims to have pastored many other churches over the years.  John's resume is - spotty - to say the least.

His resume is a bit unbelievable and changes when it is convenient. I do feel sorry for the person who just got run out of business because John wanted a well of his own. This has absolutely nothing to do with helping people in the community because they have been using that property to have church for almost a year and it isn't till John moves there that "God" suddenly tells him to dig a well. 

I looked it up once when he still had his education listed on FB.  He has a "Masters" degree in "Bible. " Distance learning and apparently from this unaccredited place   HTTP://ImmanuelSeminary.com

Oh, and he was Assistant Pastor at his Dad's church and claims to have pastored many other churches over the years.  John's resume is - spotty - to say the least.

So basically - none.

I looked up their website - that´s not really an education, that´s indoctrination and useless repetition. I doubt he could really answer any hard questions.

So basically - none.

I looked up their website - that´s not really an education, that´s indoctrination and useless repetition. I doubt he could really answer any hard questions.

Yep.  Even for an unaccredited Christian college Immanuel Baptist Seminary fails dismally in the education department.  John's "thesis" was one of his sermons submitted for review.  Rubber stamp applied and Johnny has a "Masters" degree.

He can answer hard questions though.  Everything you believe is wrong and everything he believes is right.

This is in their catalogue and it's what convinces me that I have the right place.  Very Shrader.

DOCTRINAL DISTINCTIVES

The following distinctives clarify the historic Immanuel position (given the current nuances of theological thought):

1. We are historic fundamentalists rather than neo-evangelical.

2. We are separatists rather than ecumenical.

3. We hold that revelatory and sign gifts have ceased (e.g. apostleship, tongues, and the interpreting of tongues).

4. We hold that Christ died for everyone, and this atonement is unlimited.

5. We hold to classical dispensationalism as opposed to progressive dispensationalism.

6. We hold to a literal pre-millennial return to the reign of Christ on the earth and a pre-tribulational rapture as opposed to post-tribulationism or mid-tribulationism in our eschatology.

7. We are committed to the concept of a literal Hell rather than the conditional, metaphorical, or purgatorial view of Hell.

8. We hold to exclusivism (For someone to be saved, he/she must be exposed to the gospel.) rather than inclusivism or pluralism.  (Inclusivisim holds that one can be saved without hearing the gospel.  Pluralism holds that Jesus is one of many saviors.)

9. We are committed to a literal grammatical and historical hermeneutics rather than a reader response hermeneutics.

Yep.  Even for an unaccredited Christian college Immanuel Baptist Seminary fails dismally in the education department.  John's "thesis" was one of his sermons submitted for review.  Rubber stamp applied and Johnny has a "Masters" degree.

He can answer hard questions though.  Everything you believe is wrong and everything he believes is right.

This is in their catalogue and it's what convinces me that I have the right place.  Very Shrader.

And in the Doctrinal Distinctives they even got some words wrong (I would guess that they misuse them on purpose). Normally Inclusivism is defined as "Someone from another religion might be saved, because there are some truths in the other religions, but one religion is truer than the rest". Pluralism is defined as "Multiple religions are true" (this ranges from just two to every religion)

Why do they feel the need to clarify certain tenets yet leave others with big words unexplained?  

Didnt Johnnyboy get in trouble about a year ago for faith based vs. works based salvation? 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived