IGNORED

John Shrader in Zambia Pt 5: Witnessing, Weeping & Wondering

happy atheist

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a guy who is soooooooo KJV only and "Sing Bible verses ONLY!"--he sure does quote Tozer a lot.

They are several months overdue for a baby. If today was Esther's last mentral period, they'd be looking at the longest time ever between births, at about 23 months. It's possible the stress of living in Zambia has made Esther less fertile, or there were complications from the last birth that were never mentioned. I also wonder if John is so focused on whatever fun project he's currently doing that he's not as interested in sweet fellowship like he used to be. That last part I think is unlikely, but you never know. 

It's also possible she's pregnant now and John just hasn't announced it for whatever reason. The last announcement was at the end of a long letter and was only a sentence long, so perhaps he thinks a pregnancy anouncement will take attention away from him. 

I just finished that awful BabyWatch when Sophia was due, Esther was due and John hadn't updated FB in days.  That guy is such a horrendous animal.  

Also:  Light Japanese radiation causing bonding with electrolytes causing E's dehydration????  :ABON::NAWAK::TRUCDEOUF:

With that first sentence, I was hooked forever.  There should be a warning.  

Well fuck. They had an "arrow announcement". They don't view these as children, but as objects. John doesn't do the fake Zambian accent in this video and Esther looks a lot like Prissy when she smiles and gazes at John. He didn't allow her to say one word. 

Was just coming on to post. She's "about to enter second trimester".

So they are celebrating their 14th anniversary with "9.3 kids"

Was just coming on to post. She's "about to enter second trimester".

So they are celebrating their 14th anniversary with "9.3 kids"

Fuuuuck. I hate this guy more than any of the other fundies, including Josh. 

I was so hoping this wouldn't happen. I hope the outcome is healthy mama and baby.

Completely inevitable I'm afraid.  Poor kid.

Esther is really doing the Priscilla "Yessss" in that video.

If she's about to enter her second trimester, then she probably concieved sometime in August. I guess this puts her due in May? A little later then usual, but mostly on time.  Definitely inevitable. I hope Esther stays safe. 

Well...poop.  I was hoping she would be slowing down some.  I hope she will be able to get all of the nutrition and medical check-ups that she needs. 

I've lost track of where they are living.  I remember their landlady was possessed by a demon but what happened after that?  Did they find a new house? Are they living with enough bathrooms and bedrooms?  Poor Esther.  I just cannot imagine cooking, keeping house and homeschooling all of those children while living in an unfamiliar country with a ManChild as your headship. I really wonder how much she can rely and lean on him, because he strikes me as both foolish and selfish.

I can't look at a picture or video of John Shrader without wanting to punch him. He has such a smarmy look about him.

Poor Esther. 9 kids in just 14 years of marriage. 

I can't look at a picture or video of John Shrader without wanting to punch him. He has such a smarmy look about him.

Poor Esther. 9 kids in just 14 years of marriage. 

I agree about John.  Esther, in the pictures we see, always looks happy (sometimes almost giddy)  I am not sure if she is just really a happy person, or if she knows how she is supposed to look.  She  seems content to worship at the Cult of John.  Of course, we also only get to see the happy/giddy pictures. 

At least she seems more comfortable with John than Priscilla seems with David.  But people thought Anna and Josh were happy too.... 

So John only uses his fake Zambian accent when with the locals. What a complete idiot.

Esther looks well. She looks like Priscilla but also a lot like Anna in the video. Her giggle is the same as Priscillas!

Just hope she has plenty of help with the children and is allowed to rest when she needs too.

:pb_confused:

Poor Esther. Poor kids.

Yes.

I cannot believe ANY churches (outside of Daddy's, if even that) are willing to support John. Back in the day (I was raised IFB) - every church I ever knew would have declined to add a family with that many kids for support. They MIGHT have received a "love offering" - probably along with some advice.

How old is Esther? The way she is going, she could beat Mullet.....

I think she's 34 and due with number 10 in May around her 35th birthday.  If she keeps having kids about every 18 months she could end up with 15 kids unless she has a set or two of twins.  I really hope not for her sake.

I pray for Esther and the pregnancy (and I don't mean that in a trite way, I honestly, really do). I think a lot of what John does is misguided, but I do believe Esther is genuinely happy and content. I met them a couple times (do not know them well) during their deputation period.

They just announced on Facebook that Esther is pregnant.

Wow, they announced just after I said I was surprised theres no pregnancy yet. I must be psychic. :)

I pray for Esther and the pregnancy (and I don't mean that in a trite way, I honestly, really do). I think a lot of what John does is misguided, but I do believe Esther is genuinely happy and content. I met them a couple times (do not know them well) during their deputation period.

So I have to ask, does John come off as a smug asshole in real life like he does online? I feel like he must be more likable irl if he gained support for his extended vacation to Zambia. I personally can't think of one thing John does that isn't selfish and misguided. John looks out for himself and no one else. 

Pray tell us more? Do you know any of the details of why Shrader's sending church dropped him? Was it only based on theological differences?

If the kids are sick and John is sick and Esther is pregnant... Her overgrown man child is most certainly making her do all the work... Esther could get sick too, and that would be bad news both for her and the baby.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived