IGNORED

John Shrader in Zambia Pt 5: Witnessing, Weeping & Wondering

happy atheist

John is still obviously leaning hard on "works-based" over "faith-based."  He would say otherwise but his behavior doesn't testify to that.

If works weren't of uttermost importance to him, he wouldn't brag on social media, he would stop impregnating his wife, he wouldn't make the females in his family wear dresses, he would stop being so rigidly exclusive about the KJV, hymns, tracts, stupid "western" music trappings (piano, accordion), etc.

I cannot snark enough about John.  He is a danger to real, true faith in Jesus Christ and makes God's word a laughing stock.  While John sits on the proverbial throne of his own heart instead of allowing Christ to be first in his life, he's going to continue to annoy, anger, and entertain those who keep tabs on what he's up to.

John, I hope you read this.  You know what I'm saying is true.  You are a narcissist and there isn't a humble bone in your well-fed, spoiled body.  If your relationship with God and your faith in Him were really what it should be, fewer people would know about YOU and more people would know about Christ.  Your wife and children are paying a huge price for you to build yourself up as a MISSIONARY.  Whatever happened to the "servant" you claimed to be, as you arrived in Zambia? If you're going to continue to talk about yourself on social media, come clean about the airplane that someone sacrificially paid for.  You are not being a good steward of their money nor of the flight lessons you took.  If the doctors, hospitals, and medicine in Zambia can keep the people there alive and healthy, then you and your family shouldn't be above receiving those services as well.  Grow up, stop leaning on Daddy Shrader, man up, respect and honor your wife, take care of your family, serve the Zambians you came to live with, and step down from your high horse.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And in the Doctrinal Distinctives they even got some words wrong (I would guess that they misuse them on purpose). Normally Inclusivism is defined as "Someone from another religion might be saved, because there are some truths in the other religions, but one religion is truer than the rest". Pluralism is defined as "Multiple religions are true" (this ranges from just two to every religion)

It's basically a diploma mill, but luckily for the Shrader kids they don't charge much for a piece of paper.  I suspect John no longer links to it for that very reason.

If you look at the faculty most of their "PhDs" are from none other than Immanuel Bible Seminary so they are making up their own definitions.  I'm no theologian, but even I can see that they are getting things wrong. 

Shrader buzz words include historic fundamentalist, separatist, and exclusivism, as they define it.  John must provide the "right" teaching of the gospel in Zambia because everyone else is wrong.

@Buzzard.  I don't think we have figured out the whole grace vs. works salvation thing in the Shrader/Rea schism.  We've heard two different versions so far and Rea isn't talking.

The whole thing, to me, stinks of arrogance.  If you are a missionary and truly holding yourself out as an ambassador of God, just say what you fucking believe.

I believe that : INSERT BELIEFS not big words

There shouldnt be a debate or any question whether it is grace vs works, right or wrong christianity, saved or damned heathens... It should be clear and accessible to the public.

I am not a missionary, nor do I hold myself out as someone who wanders a continent that isnt my own telling others that they are doing it wrong.  I honestly do not know what I believe because I want to believe that there is a fiery pit where terrorists go to suffer but cant wrap my brain around a god that would allow such actions to exist in his name to begin with. I do know, clearly, that any "loving" god who truly gave a crap about teenagers touching themselves would be a lot more hands on (pun intended) as far as clarity.

Come to think of it, didn't I offer to ship you and your grifted accordion over in a container to covert @OkToBeTakei?  Rea's container got there without any damage. :my_biggrin:

Convert her and destroy her ability to torture me with chicken skin.

It's basically a diploma mill, but luckily for the Shrader kids they don't charge much for a piece of paper.  I suspect John no longer links to it for that very reason.

If you look at the faculty most of their "PhDs" are from none other than Immanuel Bible Seminary so they are making up their own definitions.  I'm no theologian, but even I can see that they are getting things wrong. 

Shrader buzz words include historic fundamentalist, separatist, and exclusivism, as they define it.  John must provide the "right" teaching of the gospel in Zambia because everyone else is wrong.

@Buzzard.  I don't think we have figured out the whole grace vs. works salvation thing in the Shrader/Rea schism.  We've heard two different versions so far and Rea isn't talking.

I'm not sure Shrader and Rea even believe all that differently, really. But once John started getting in trouble with his sending churches, Rea dropped his ass in a hot second because who wants to be connected to someone that toxic? AFAIK Rea doesn't have a father with a "planted church" who can step in and save him if he loses his support.

But who really knows? John's disagreement with his sending church always sounded like splitting some very fine hairs to me :pb_rollseyes:

I am studying theology and most of the stuff they say on their website is really really fundamentalist and it seems like their understanding of theology ist difficult to say the least.

Convert her and destroy her ability to torture me with chicken skin.

I will lead her down the path away from canned chicken and towards freshly roasted chicken that comes from an oven. 

I dreamed a couple of days ago I actually met @OkToBeTakei and she ended up being a Victoria Secret model. 

We are historic fundamentalists rather than neo-evangelical.

This made me laugh a bit-- "We've always believed this!  We are not some Johnny-come-lately-group!!!!

John's latest post makes sure to let people know that he has converted TWO people from Christianity to Christianity in the last year. But there has been a bit of a snag. John has gained five disciples and provided them with a place to live, but John is now kicking them out to move his family into the building they were living in. So he needs another miracle because these guys are now homeless and apparently John isn't going to share the house with them.

Some thoughts:

~Could it be any clearer that John dug that well for himself? John didn't give one fuck if those guys had to go buy water and roll it up a hill, but the second John has to do it "God" wants him to build a well. 

~If John doesn't find a home for these guys, I'm suspecting that they might deconvert. 

~John really, truly thinks of no one but himself. John had a house to stay in, and he could have stayed there and witnessed to the "demon possessed" landlady, but no, he has to go take a home from people so he can use it. When does the ministry part of this mission trip start?

~I think this well could cause a hell of a lot of problems for John in Zambia. 

~I really wish ShraderFriend would come back and tell us what he thinks about John's well. 

Oh, for the love of doG!  Now he's writing poetry.  Really bad poetry.  And taking photos of his hands.

https://www.facebook.com/john.shrader.125/posts/10205264028470462

The Missionary's Hands

These hands have worked at building, since I was just a boy,
At age of ten I worked with wood, and beside my dad with joy.

He taught me how to nail and screw, and how to work so hard,
He helped me start a business, mowing people's yards.

I learned the art of building,
from my hardworking dad,
He took the time, invested his life, to train me as a lad.

He built not only buildings, but the lives of people too,
for my father's a servant leader, and has Eternity in view.

He modeled for me a leader, that lives for the Glory of Christ,
His passion for world-wide Missions, greatly impacted my life.

I too followed the call of Calvary, and surrendered my life to God,
and like my parents before me, a wondrous path have trod.

It's a life with pain and sorrow, just as our Saviour told,
but the joys both now and future, are more precious than costly gold.

My father's made a difference, buildings, yes, but more so lives,
and I'm honored to follow his example, as I too lay down down my life.

A pastor or missionary, both oft' called to do the same.
Building structures is exciting, yes, but building lives is Heaven's gain.

For what we build with wood or stone will surely falter one day,
but Eternal souls that come to Jesus, will last to Eternity's Day.

You may not be a builder, with wood or brick or stone, but are you building others, or will you enter Heaven's Gates alone?

Let's give our lives for others, not arguing for godless coffee chains, and build with Gospel power, 'til Jesus comes again.

The souls of men and women, must needs be built for Christ, so lead them to the Saviour, then disciple, share with them your life.

Invest time in forever, before your time is gone, so whom are you involved in building? so they too may sing Heaven's Songs.

The world is lost and dying, while many play with toys, buy bigger screens and cellphones, and argue over sinful joys.

I cannot change your vision, or even alter your outlook,
but there is One Who can do so, if you'll read His Inspired Book.

In God's Book He commands to "Go!" into all the world He said,
but many don't even go to their neighbors...too busy buying cups that are red...

While Americans waste time arguing, half the world's still going to hell.
It's worth your time and thinking, about their coming death knell.

If they die without Salvation, forever fire is their doom,
are we obeying Christ to reach them, or just "vegging" in the living room?

Christ's hands are scarred and ruined, throughout Eternity, because of Love's great payment on the Cross for you and me.

So will you give your talents, your treasure and your time?
And ultimately give your life, don't hide your eyes and blind,
your mind to what's reality (not the junk that's on tv),
and lay your life at Jesus' scarred feet, and live for Eternity.

My hands are calloused and wounded, by work that's driven by love, but the building I'm glad to be doing, is with souls for things above.

*Stretches and rubs eyes*

I just emerged from three days' worth of diving down the rabbit hole of all of the Shrader threads! I'd been keeping up since I discovered John and Esther a few months ago but had never been back and started from the beginning.

Now everything makes a lot more sense! I was very amused that @Palimpsest missed Shraderfriend both times - have we ever seen Palimpsest and Shraderfriend together? Should we be suspicious? :pb_lol:

He really is worse than Jill R and I didn't think that was possible. And FJ you are awesome and I wish I'd found you years ago!

Now to get the popcorn and carry on watching this Zambian trainwreck through the hands over my eyes (not to mention catching up with three days' worth of the rest of the board!) Next time I'll ask for ferrets first...

*Stretches and rubs eyes*

I just emerged from three days' worth of diving down the rabbit hole of all of the Shrader threads! I'd been keeping up since I discovered John and Esther a few months ago but had never been back and started from the beginning.

Now everything makes a lot more sense! I was very amused that @Palimpsest missed Shraderfriend both times - have we ever seen Palimpsest and Shraderfriend together? Should we be suspicious? :pb_lol:

He really is worse than Jill R and I didn't think that was possible. And FJ you are awesome and I wish I'd found you years ago!

Now to get the popcorn and carry on watching this Zambian trainwreck through the hands over my eyes (not to mention catching up with three days' worth of the rest of the board!) Next time I'll ask for ferrets first...

:56247958035f1_32(18): I really did miss Shraderfriend twice.  SO frustrating!

He and Miss Raquel need to collaborate in writing bad poetry. When exactly he is having time to be a missionary? 

John's latest post makes sure to let people know that he has converted TWO people from Christianity to Christianity in the last year. But there has been a bit of a snag. John has gained five disciples and provided them with a place to live, but John is now kicking them out to move his family into the building they were living in. So he needs another miracle because these guys are now homeless and apparently John isn't going to share the house with them.

Some thoughts:

~Could it be any clearer that John dug that well for himself? John didn't give one fuck if those guys had to go buy water and roll it up a hill, but the second John has to do it "God" wants him to build a well. 

~If John doesn't find a home for these guys, I'm suspecting that they might deconvert. 

~John really, truly thinks of no one but himself. John had a house to stay in, and he could have stayed there and witnessed to the "demon possessed" landlady, but no, he has to go take a home from people so he can use it. When does the ministry part of this mission trip start?

~I think this well could cause a hell of a lot of problems for John in Zambia. 

~I really wish ShraderFriend would come back and tell us what he thinks about John's well. 

Agreed on all points except that IDGAF about ShraderFriend. This whole time John has been way more concerned about where to have church services than the guys who were, you know, LIVING in his church building. They may have a roof and a baptistery up in the new "church" but that hardly provides living accommodations during monsoon season. Arcade and Jolis are from another country, and are essentially refugees. It's not like they have family nearby or anywhere else to go :(

He posted pictures of his own hands to go along with that poem. John needs to work on some humility. 

The reason I want to hear from ShaderFriend is because I want to see if and how anyone can justify John's behavior. John is hardly even pretending to care about anyone but himself anymore. 

Oh, for the love of doG!  Now he's writing poetry.  Really bad poetry.  And taking photos of his hands.

AHHHHHHRRRRRRRGGGG!   William McGonagall, move over.  *follows the example of the president of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council and starts chomping at her own leg, in order to escape*

I am studying theology and most of the stuff they say on their website is really really fundamentalist and it seems like their understanding of theology ist difficult to say the least.

The Independent Fundamentalist Baptists are an odd lot.  Although they have many beliefs in common they seem to squabble over Very Important Doctrinal Differences all the time.  We have quite a few IFB survivors here who can tell you more.

@formergothardite and @slickcat79, I agree on all points. I'd like Shraderfriend to come back but I'm afraid all the leghumpers will be overjoyed about the well.  So symbolic.  I feel especially sorry for Arcade.  So much for John telling him he is family.

I think the link up with Bro. Kennedy is interesting.  If you go to his Facebook, he was already a Pastor before meeting John.  I suspect he is lending John some credibility.  There is an odd exchange between John and Kennedy when K is filling in for another pastor in Lusaka.  Something about how important it is that Kennedy's preaching is not perceived as being influenced by John.

Look at me over here working morning, noon, and night, while being totally righteous and stuff!!!!!1111! :pb_rollseyes:

Look at me Look at Me LOOK AT MEEEEEE! over here working grifting morning, noon, and night, while being totally righteous pompous and condescending and arrogant and stuff!!!!!1111! 

Fixed that for you, hon.:my_wink:

A gorgeous entry to the long venerable tradition of Christian verse. After Milton's "Love nowhere to be found less than Divine!" and Eliot's "Pray for those who chose and oppose, O my people what have I done unto thee?" comes:

"In God's Book He commands to "Go!" into all the world He said,
but many don't even go to their neighbors...too busy buying cups that are red..."

The Independent Fundamentalist Baptists are an odd lot.  Although they have many beliefs in common they seem to squabble over Very Important Doctrinal Differences all the time.  We have quite a few IFB survivors here who can tell you more.

@formergothardite and @slickcat79, I agree on all points. I'd like Shraderfriend to come back but I'm afraid all the leghumpers will be overjoyed about the well.  So symbolic.  I feel especially sorry for Arcade.  So much for John telling him he is family.

I think the link up with Bro. Kennedy is interesting.  If you go to his Facebook, he was already a Pastor before meeting John.  I suspect he is lending John some credibility.  There is an odd exchange between John and Kennedy when K is filling in for another pastor in Lusaka.  Something about how important it is that Kennedy's preaching is not perceived as being influenced by John.

I just skimmed Bro. Kennedy's page. It is very interesting that John pointed out that nobody could say he influenced Kennedy. Wonder what is going on there. Sounds like some of the churches and missionaries are worried about John being a bad influence. 

I suspect most of John's supporters are happy about the well simply because they have never thought deeply what John does. I would like to see how his supporters would react to being asked about why John only wanted to do this when HE  was going to have to be the one going to buy water and if anyone asked what impact this would have on the neighbor who sold water. I bet you John didn't spend one second thinking about how his actions would impact anyone else and that his supporters haven't thought about it either. 

And, yes, IFB can spend forever debating Very Important Doctrinal Differences that don't seem to be a big deal to anyone but them. 

I just skimmed Bro. Kennedy's page. It is very interesting that John pointed out that nobody could say he influenced Kennedy. Wonder what is going on there. Sounds like some of the churches and missionaries are worried about John being a bad influence. 

I suspect most of John's supporters are happy about the well simply because they have never thought deeply what John does. I would like to see how his supporters would react to being asked about why John only wanted to do this when HE  was going to have to be the one going to buy water and if anyone asked what impact this would have on the neighbor who sold water. I bet you John didn't spend one second thinking about how his actions would impact anyone else and that his supporters haven't thought about it either. 

And, yes, IFB can spend forever debating Very Important Doctrinal Differences that don't seem to be a big deal to anyone but them. 

This is my issue with Shraderfriend as well. I don't think he ever did very well at answering our concerns about John, and that was before he even got to Zambia. I can't imagine he'd do better at it now, if he even cared to try. Maybe he's seen the light...at least a little.

IMO ShraderFriend felt a bit uncomfortable with the questions about if anyone thought about the health and safety of the children. It was pretty clear that he hadn't thought of those kids before lending his support and neither had anyone else. I don't think he ever did give a straight answer.   I just want to see him or someone who is a John support attempt to justify what John is doing. I bet they would have a very hard time. John relies on people being mindless when it comes to supporting him. 

First off, those hands are pretty darn  soft and not used to physical work-- despite his claims otherwise.  I suspect , he has no idea what real calloused hands might look like. 

And now, on to the poem. 

Meter -- sucks

Rhyme-- Sucks

Word choice? Sucks

Kissing Dad's Ass/Building up Dad--  Very good

Humble Bragging-- Aces

Judging others-- Very good

My husband and I both were laughing at the line about being taught to nail and screw..

I am trying to figure out the suffering he alludes to that he and his father have endured for Christ.  Katy TX is not unwelcoming to Baptist ministers, and John has grifted his way into a better vehicle than I have, and a fidge and freezer that are top notch, among other things (including an invisible airplane!!)  His callouses are lightweight, I suspect, compared to the callouses of his "helpers" who I am betting were not paid, or not paid much. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived