IGNORED

John Shrader in Zambia Pt 5: Witnessing, Weeping & Wondering

happy atheist

Would there be any citizenship issues with the children that are born in Zambia?  I can't quite picture John filling out necessary paperwork.

My sisters and I were born in the UK, and have US citizenship.  It was a huge pain for my mum, involving trips to the embassy with infants and letters from lawyers (I think because we all have UK fathers).  Its doable, but a huge pain.  I'd hope that someone in that family prioritises that, in case something happens and they need to leave Africa in a hurry.  Sadly I don't have much hope for this :(

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He and Miss Raquel need to collaborate in writing bad poetry. When exactly he is having time to be a missionary? 

If writing poetry takes him away from tormenting the people of Zambia, I say, write on. And on, and on...

My sisters and I were born in the UK, and have US citizenship.  It was a huge pain for my mum, involving trips to the embassy with infants and letters from lawyers (I think because we all have UK fathers).  Its doable, but a huge pain.  I'd hope that someone in that family prioritises that, in case something happens and they need to leave Africa in a hurry.  Sadly I don't have much hope for this :(

At one point John claimed that they took Stephen to the embassy (I guess) and got him registered shortly after his birth. I remember being surprised that they thought of that, but I guess if someone else is paying any fees it's fine. It's not like John has anything better to do than drive his troopie back and forth to Lusaka.

Hopefully they actually did everything as they were supposed to. John was very lucky that he wasn't turned away for his lack of visas when he arrived, but I'm sure all the prayer$ helped. He may not be so lucky trying to bring his family back the US.

My husband and I both were laughing at the line about being taught to nail and screw...

You weren't the only ones!

[snip] John has grifted his way into a better vehicle than I have, and a fidge and freezer that are top notch, among other things (including an invisible airplane!!)  [/snip]

You mean this whole time Wonder Woman's true identity has been John Schrader?! :tw_astonished:

Well, if you really, really don't want anyone to guess... :pb_lol:

Edited for clarity

I'm not very creative but was trying to come up with the next title alliterations. 

Grifting, gestating & gorging?

idiotic, insufferable & impregnating?

more creative ideas??

Wrangling Wonderful Well Water Without Worrying about neighbor's Wishes for Wages

Wrangling Wonderful Well Water Without Worrying about neighbor's Wishes for Wages

Bring it, John!  I'll alliterate the snot out of you any day, any time.

Begging, boasting, and bribing Biblically.

Parasitical, preaching, pontificating, proselytizing and poetizing pastor.

Lazy, lying, loafing louse.

Still crawling out of the rabbit hole. Thanks to all the posters for the crash course in faith vs. works! It's too bad Shraderfriend did not reappear. Also, I really need a new dishwasher and my refrigerator makes some rather alarming squealing noises at times. Who do I have to lie to to get those paid for?

Someone commented on the poem saying John should write a book(I hope they were being sarcastic) and John responded that he wants to write several. Can you imagine what a whole book of John's poems would be like? 

Someone commented on the poem saying John should write a book(I hope they were being sarcastic) and John responded that he wants to write several. Can you imagine what a whole book of John's poems would be like? 

There are so many subjects that John could write on.

Here are some potential titles:

Grifter 101

Can't Make it in America, Become a Missionary & Move to Africa

The Case of the Missing Plane: Scams in Africa

How to Influence No One and Make Friends Who Only Come for Food

Those are just a couple of the potential titles for John's future books.

>Can you imagine what a whole book of John's poems would be like? <

FG, I am SEVERELY trying hard not to imagine.  The horror, the horror....

This weekend Shrader is memeing his dad. He clarifies it to mean that, "When he says listening...he means to the Holy Spirit of God"...but the statement still makes absolutely no sense. He also quotes Matt. 6 not once, but twice in the same entry:

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

*insert facepalm smiley, wherever it is*

rick.jpg

FFS his father and him have a real lovefest going. I  thought at one time his father might be ashamed of him but no. I suppose he did raise John so not a huge surprise he is also crazy. 

I do feel for the other two normal sons!

But John asks for stuff. He is reaching Miss Raquel levels of lacking self-awareness. 

He doesn't ask for stuff. He asks for prayers for stuff. God gives him the stuff. 

Honor thy father...by memeing him.

Thus doeth missionary poet, John the Biblical Baptist.

(Not to be confused with those of us who are Unbiblical Baptists.)

Honor thy father...by memeing him.

Thus doeth missionary poet, John the Biblical Baptist.

(Not to be confused with those of us who are Unbiblical Baptists.)

heh, I read that Umbilical Baptist.  Somehow that seems fitting for John.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived