IGNORED

Free Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 2 - Merge

happy atheist

We could also have a skirtstorm, I think.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These are the M kids right? Not sure if this is recent or not, but it makes me cringe!

12140601_809012002530944_8923267306155636004_n.jpg?oh=67d7f2fe5247d5470b10b9f1dbd447b7&oe=568D013C

Poor m4 is without her giant satellite of a flower headband and she is in a boy bouncer! Those poor precious Duggars! Must be going through a very hard time! Bless their little hearts!

God, may the TLC money rain down like manna over these precious souls!

Oh wait, nope.

And, poor Izzy. I bet grandma smells weird. I don't think I'd want to kiss her either.

Bouncer on an elevated surface! (argh!!!)

ETA:that poor kid isn't even strapped in. That way when a howler comes tearing through and knocks the bouncer off an ottoman and M4 is injured, they can grift for donations to start a ministry that condemns the sinful nature of stupidity, er I mean, ottomans

With Michelle being right there, I'm not too concerned about the bouncer on an elevated surface. Though if she were to get up and walk away...yeah, not good. Or if there were 15 children jumping around, yeah...not good again. But I don't really see anyone else around, oddly enough.

With Michelle being right there, I'm not too concerned about the bouncer on an elevated surface. Though if she were to get up and walk away...yeah, not good. Or if there were 15 children jumping around, yeah...not good again. But I don't really see anyone else around, oddly enough.

Totally agree. The baby is not in danger. It was more a comment on how people pick apart photos and go nuts about this kind of thing. (Sometimes justified, sometimes over the top IMHO.)

I fully admit to putting a bouncy seat on an elevated surface for the purpose of getting a better picture. :embarrassed: Just glad I'm not a celebrity posting those pics on the internet.

Totally agree. The baby is not in danger. It was more a comment on how people pick apart photos and go nuts about this kind of thing. (Sometimes justified, sometimes over the top IMHO.)

I fully admit to putting a bouncy seat on an elevated surface for the purpose of getting a better picture. :embarrassed: Just glad I'm not a celebrity posting those pics on the internet.

Likely too that whoever took the picture was Meredith's minder and hopped up for a second to snap it. It looks like a quick phone snap--maybe Jana, maybe Joy, took it.

Do you think Josh will talk to Anna and at least say that it's not her fault but all his? Or will he just say sorry and Jesus and God and will let her drown in her guilt (which she shouldn't have).

The main thing I flip out about with these weirdos is their complete lack of knowledge regarding car seats. I will be the first to jump all over those photos and videos.

Wtf?

Definite improvement from thrashing the kid with plumbing line for crawling off of a blanket, but still weird as hell.

She doesn't appear to be fastened into that seat, though.

So? Not everyone who doesn't do things exactly like you would is baby-hating horrible person. Jeezus. We just talked about it looking like they just took a quick picture.

So? Not everyone who doesn't do things exactly like you would is baby-hating horrible person. Jeezus. We just talked about it looking like they just took a quick picture.

Sounds like this hit a sore spot for you Ellimenopy. The prior poster merely made a factual statement, and you are the one attaching an extremely negative connotation to that factual statement.

The fact is, we don't know if someone just placed the baby in the bouncer 10 seconds earlier merely to take a picture, or if the baby has been sitting in that bouncer for quite some time, without being fastened in. What we do know, for sure, is that the baby is not fastened into the bouncer seat. It really does only take a second or two of inattention for accidents to happen. Why not fasten the baby in, just to be on the safe side?

Oops. Just noticed I typed shirtstorm instead of shitstorm. Imagining millions of green shirts raining from the sky. Terrifying. I think that's one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Can I suggest "Ay, Matees, there is a green shirtstorm ahead" as a thread title?

Sounds like this hit a sore spot for you Ellimenopy. The prior poster merely made a factual statement, and you are the one attaching an extremely negative connotation to that factual statement.

The fact is, we don't know if someone just placed the baby in the bouncer 10 seconds earlier merely to take a picture, or if the baby has been sitting in that bouncer for quite some time, without being fastened in. What we do know, for sure, is that the baby is not fastened into the bouncer seat. It really does only take a second or two of inattention for accidents to happen. Why not fasten the baby in, just to be on the safe side?

Especially if you're going to post it online to share with the leghumpers who inexplicably admire and follow your lead.

Not strapping a baby properly into a seat isn't one of those ymmv issues - it's a safety issue and even if it was momentary and a second later the strap was fastened they should have known better than to post it. Aren't they all about the obligation of setting a "good example" ?

Especially if you're going to post it online to share with the leghumpers who inexplicably admire and follow your lead.

Not strapping a baby properly into a seat isn't one of those ymmv issues - it's a safety issue and even if it was momentary and a second later the strap was fastened they should have known better than to post it. Aren't they all about the obligation of setting a "good example" ?

Yeah...one would think that until they see how these morons use car seats. Ha!

No jobs and it appears Izzy is in disposable diapers...certainly no longer buying used and saving the difference, DESPITE having many, many unemployed adults and people who are still grifting.

Frauds- these folks are 100% frauds.

Y'all are fucking crazy - you are holding these people to a standard that you would never hold anyone else to. Frankly, it distracts from the criticism that they really do deserve - spiritual and educational abuse. Tsk-tsking over every jot and tittle is the kind of thing that they do that irks me. So, no, I'm not going to agree with you when you do it.

While it's true that it's cheaper to use cloth diapers, they are a major pain in the butt while traveling. I don't think using disposable diapers makes someone a terrible parent.

Y'all are fucking crazy - you are holding these people to a standard that you would never hold anyone else to. Frankly, it distracts from the criticism that they really do deserve - spiritual and educational abuse. Tsk-tsking over every jot and tittle is the kind of thing that they do that irks me. So, no, I'm not going to agree with you when you do it.

Basic safety is a minimum standard.

Use of a safety belt is generally encouraged.

Use of a safety belt when using the item inappropriately (vibrating chair on a couch), even more so...

Remember these folks do babies, kids, parenthood and life better than , [per their spiel] all of us mere mortals.

What do disposable diapers have to do with them being frauds?

Frugality- buying used and saving the difference.

Disposables are a waste- even more so when you have plenty of idle hands continually stuck out for "donations."

When actions do not meet repeatedly stated words, particularly when you've made money off the words and message, you're a hypocrite and a fraud.

Basic safety is a minimum standard.

Use of a safety belt is generally encouraged.

Use of a safety belt when using the item inappropriately (vibrating chair on a couch), even more so...

Remember these folks do babies, kids, parenthood and life better than , [per their spiel] all of us mere mortals.

Yes, but you don't know how unsafe they're being from one picture. We were already theorizing that whoever took the picture was sitting right there. When it comes to those kind of things, it's better to give someone the benefit of the doubt. If your point was that they're *hypocritical* about being better at babies than the rest of us, then sure, say that, and it's completely accurate. But if you're fussing because "they're not being safe"... nobody survives that kind of nitpicking. You might not do *that*, but you do something else, guaranteed.

By snarking on things that are so petty, you're turning them into something "other" and you're missing the point of why exactly they're so scary. They're not scary because they're evil, they're scary because they're so normal. Their ideology and culture is a hair's breadth different from regular southern baptists, and while I don't agree with SBC ideology at all, they're not crazy and they're not a cult. Duggars are and are in one. They spiritually abuse their children and grandchildren and rob them of a chance to live a normal life. And they're very very seductively just like normal people. I think they're incredibly dangerous, but because they tell their girlchildren they're broodmares, not because they put an infant slightly too close to the edge of a couch one time.

Disposables are a waste- even more so when you have plenty of idle hands continually stuck out for "donations."

When actions do not meet repeatedly stated words, particularly when you've made money off the words and message, you're a hypocrite and a fraud.

If we're just talking about money I've seen studies where once you add in the costs of washing (straight up dollars of running the machines, water, detergent, etc. - not padded with faux labor dollars) it's pretty negligible. And if you're using a service it's more money.

I'll see if I can find the link because it was pretty interesting. I don't have a dog in this fight as my kids have been out of diapers for ages (and I don't pretend I used disposables for any reason other than my own preference) but I honestly don't think cloth is saving you much if anything. At least in areas where you pay as much for water as I do.

Eta link http://www.thesimpledollar.com/cloth-di ... -analysis/

She even adds in the diaper genie (invented by a freaking genius) and came out to 1154.63 for cloth and 1354.25 for disposable over 2 years. So cloth saves 199.62 over 2 years...8.32 a month isn't enough for me to make a very inconvenient like choice. And if you don't use the diaper genie it's even closer...it's only a difference of saving 45.18 over 2 years using cloth. Now I don't know anyone who would make an inconvenient life choice to save 1.88 a month.

Choosing to use cloth for environmental reasons I understand and can respect - but financially it's a wash. And every load of diapers is time you're not doing the other 9 million loads of laundry babies generate.

Cloth diapers are unsanitary and if you use bleach, they give the baby a rash. And you can never get the stink out of them.

Well, their whole frugal thing is really out the window considering how many paper plate and styrofoam cups they use.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived