IGNORED

Free Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 2 - Merge

happy atheist

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they spell it Mackynzie. Since when does the Y make an E sound?

They are going for the Madelyn, Carolyn, Jasmyn type thing...

In their accent (and mine) "ken", "kin", and "kyn" all sound exactly alike.

They are going for the Madelyn, Carolyn, Jasmyn type thing...

At least with like Madeline, the spelling Madelyn does represent a common pronunciation of the name.

But I've only heard Mackenzie pronounced ma-KEN-zee or mi-KEN-zee. Never ma-KIN-zee, as Mackynzie would suggest. But maybe that's just how they pronounce Mackenzie in their area? Like how Ben becomes Bin?

Meredith seems like such a weird name choice to pair with Mackynzie. I thought they'd go with something else trendy like Madisyn.

At least with like Madeline, the spelling Madelyn does represent a common pronunciation of the name.

But I've only heard Mackenzie pronounced ma-KEN-zee or mi-KEN-zee. Never ma-KIN-zee, as Mackynzie would suggest. But maybe that's just how they pronounce Mackenzie in their area? Like how Ben becomes Bin?

Meredith seems like such a weird name choice to pair with Mackynzie. I thought they'd go with something else trendy like Madisyn.

I've heard Anna say is mah-KIN-zee Then it switched to "KINzee" and I even heard her call her "Kinz". I think Smugs called her "Mack" quite a bit though.

I can't hear a difference between Ken and Kin.

The y is purely for the trendeee factor and I just do not get it. Like the people out there naming their daughters Londyn :ew: Just...why?

They do actually pronounce her name "mic-kin-zee" (or maybe they say mac instead of mic, I always hear mic)

Waiting on a picture of all 4 kids together. The parents have awful beliefs, but they sure do make cute kids.

Agree the kids r cute!!

They named her after a cousin, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly that they changed the spelling? Does that ring a bell to anyone else?

I've heard them call her Kinzie as well, never Kenzie.

They named her after a cousin, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly that they changed the spelling? Does that ring a bell to anyone else?

I've heard them call her Kinzie as well, never Kenzie.

Yea, she's named after a cousin (and the show even had a quick shot of her on a slide or something if I remember correctly). I'm not sure if its a different spelling, though.

Did you see the latest post on Lily and Ellie's blog about Anna? They went to McLean Bible Church when they lived in DC. I checked out the website; good for them! It's a big church with a nursery, kids' programs, etc. I'd like to think they hand out papers to the kids at the beginning of the service, with a coloring page that matches the Scripture/theme of what the sermon is about. But, there's definitely been expansion of minds from their home church. Not that I think all "home-churches" are bad, but here there's SO much more opportunity to get to know different people and learn different ways to serve God in the community. Makes me sad they couldn't stay there. :( Well, I guess it was for the best that we only knew this now; had we known, would anyone want to go there to "stalk" them?

I'd also like to think that they may have, through that church, met some good eligible young men that they could've introduced Jana or Jinger to. Well, maybe they did; in those visits they made to DC? You can't put that on camera, right?

I remember on one of the few occasions that I watched Toddlers and Tiaras there was this little girl from Louisiana called Mackenzie and whenever someone asked her what her name was she would "Mackenzie it rhymes with Lindsay". And the way she pronounced it, they did rhyme.....

To me? :penguin-no:

My point is that for them, with their accent, Mackynzie and Mackenzie are pronounced the same. Although if Mackynzie ever ventured to the Pacific Northwest, her name would no longer be "Mackenzie".

Did you see the latest post on Lily and Ellie's blog about Anna? They went to McLean Bible Church when they lived in DC. I checked out the website; good for them! It's a big church with a nursery, kids' programs, etc. I'd like to think they hand out papers to the kids at the beginning of the service, with a coloring page that matches the Scripture/theme of what the sermon is about. But, there's definitely been expansion of minds from their home church. Not that I think all "home-churches" are bad, but here there's SO much more opportunity to get to know different people and learn different ways to serve God in the community. Makes me sad they couldn't stay there. :( Well, I guess it was for the best that we only knew this now; had we known, would anyone want to go there to "stalk" them?

I'd also like to think that they may have, through that church, met some good eligible young men that they could've introduced Jana or Jinger to. Well, maybe they did; in those visits they made to DC? You can't put that on camera, right?

Can you link that blog, please?

I believe that it is required socially and politically to attend a church in DC (for politicians I mean). George W. Bush was the only President that did not attend a DC church while in office and he was highly criticized for it. It was used as a part of the argument for why Bush was not really a Christian. Kind of ironic, really.

ANYWAY, my point is that people with political aspirations need to make a show of attending church or they are looked down on.

Michelle talks about starting quiet and sit still time when a child is two years old or a little younger. Start by having the child in a chair and you in a chair. I start off with about 10 seconds and will hold my fingers up and count to 10. When the time is up, I clap and cheer and sometimes give the child a reward. You can increase the time span with each session.

Wtf?

duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/08/anna-children-are-notperfect.html

Those comments are so :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :kiss-ass: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: The leghumpers are humping so hard that Anna will be pregnant again shortly....

Wtf?

In either the early specials or the beginning of 17 KAC, they showed them doing this with Jackson(?) in a chair in the dining room while all the other little kids were running around him. If I recall correctly, Michelle said some crap about how it was important to make sure that little children knew how to be still and quiet.

In either the early specials or the beginning of 17 KAC, they showed them doing this with Jackson(?) in a chair in the dining room while all the other little kids were running around him. If I recall correctly, Michelle said some crap about how it was important to make sure that little children knew how to be still and quiet.

That whole sit still and be quiet thing. I get that, its important. But with Michelle and Jackson it was mean. Sit still and be quiet is for everyone at a quiet time. Its for practising as a big group. When everyone's running around like hooligans (as was the case with M & Jackson) picking out one kid to practise sitting still and watching everyone have fun around him is mean.

To be fair to Anna, if what's in the interview is done as described (and she's not concealing punitive measures for failing - which she may be :think: ), it seems reasonable. Especially the fact that she lets the older kids colour/draw and isn't making them sit in silence listening for a few hours at 5 and under.

duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/08/anna-children-are-notperfect.html

!  {TEXT1}:
Break links to non-news sources, as I have done for you here.

And in the future, don't just post a link with nothing else. Tell us why we should click. Why is it interesting?

That whole sit still and be quiet thing. I get that, its important. But with Michelle and Jackson it was mean. Sit still and be quiet is for everyone at a quiet time. Its for practising as a big group. When everyone's running around like hooligans (as was the case with M & Jackson) picking out one kid to practise sitting still and watching everyone have fun around him is mean.

To be fair to Anna, if what's in the interview is done as described (and she's not concealing punitive measures for failing - which she may be :think: ), it seems reasonable. Especially the fact that she lets the older kids colour/draw and isn't making them sit in silence listening for a few hours at 5 and under.

I'm happy she mentioned colouring too and that she was okay with that if it meant they were quiet.

Wanted to vomit reading the leghumpers comments, probably shouldn't have read them!

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived