IGNORED

Free Anna Duggar and the M Kids - Part 2 - Merge

happy atheist

Based upon the things we know he has said about divorce in the past and what Daniel Keller has said, I can't see Pa Keller going along with such a scheme.

The best guess is that the Kellers and the Duggars are working with each other to keep Anna together and ready for Josh's return as a new man, Jesus having triumphed over Satan in his heart. Once again.

I figure the happy JoshNAnna Megyn Kelly interview will happen by spring and be filled with many adoring gazes from Anna and much hand-holding, with M5 arriving by early 2017.

I see going to FL is Anna's chance for therapy, which consists of letting her talk and getting parental support for remaining with her husband, while Josh is in rehab getting fixed for his problems. So they can resume the happy Christian family and save the Duggar brand. Until he messes up again.

And I don't think there's any sort of reindoctrination going on for Anna. She's not going to leave. Her parents and in laws do not need to talk her into staying. This is just a chance for her to get away and talk but it's not about leaving, that's for sure.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that Anna doesn't want to leave. Everything she believes has been tested and for her, going through this is like being tested by God. Everything she has been taught tells her to continue praying and that if she faithful enough, if she believes enough, if she is good enough - then Josh will come home healed and her family will be fine. This will be swept under the rug and forgotten under the guise of forgiveness.

I agree that Anna doesn't want to leave. Everything she believes has been tested and for her, going through this is like being tested by God. Everything she has been taught tells her to continue praying and that if she faithful enough, if she believes enough, if she is good enough - then Josh will come home healed and her family will be fine. This will be swept under the rug and forgotten under the guise of forgiveness.

I HOPE God tells them both that, under the circumstances, 4 children are fine and they are free to use birth control and still be blessed.....

Has it been discussed--was Joshie drinking? Is that why all the weight gain after the fitness episodes. Remember? Then the personal trainer came to get him? Maybe the working out was to curb "lust?" And drinking, if he did drink, was to drown out the voices in his head saying "you are screwed?"

http://okmagazine.com/photos/anna-dugga ... 001319986/

Anna is in agony and may be hanging by a thread, which is my only hope for her as far as divorce goes. I have been in the minority in thinking that it might go down this way. I felt this way just once when my ex- had a manic break. I stuck around for a year to endure the next manic state. It was like being boiled alive, circling the drain with him, holding on to my own sanity. I didn't believe in divorce either. Who does? But got my independence and sense back and could raise the kiddo. I have always maintained that if Anna gets a divorce it will be because she is completely shattered and has to. Especially if Josh was drinking and/or treating her badly as well as cheating. It is one thing to think you will stay and another to live through this. Imagine an innocent spouse who has covered up her whole life facing the possibility of an STD! Maybe if her parents see her this way, they will come around. There's legalistic dogma and then there's reality.

http://okmagazine.com/photos/anna-duggar-moves-away-josh-rehab-visit-contact/photo/1001319986/

Anna is in agony and may be hanging by a thread, which is my only hope for her as far as divorce goes. I have been in the minority in thinking that it might go down this way. I felt this way just once when my ex- had a manic break. I stuck around for a year to endure the next manic state. It was like being boiled alive, circling the drain with him, holding on to my own sanity. I didn't believe in divorce either. Who does? But got my independence and sense back and could raise the kiddo. I have always maintained that if Anna gets a divorce it will be because she is completely shattered and has to. Especially if Josh was drinking and/or treating her badly as well as cheating. It is one thing to think you will stay and another to live through this. Imagine an innocent spouse who has covered up her whole life facing the possibility of an STD! Maybe if her parents see her this way, they will come around. There's legalistic dogma and then there's reality.

What I found telling in this account is that she was happy to talk to him and is looking forward to seeing him when she is allowed to visit. Yes, she is an emotional wreck. Yes she feels humiliated and like an idiot for not having had a clue. But she is grieving for the loss of her ideal marriage, not considering that she can't bear to stay married to Josh. She is hoping that after rehab he will come back the person she wants him to be.

I am not saying that she is not "shattered," but she still seems to be planning to make the marriage work. Her despair will ease. Unless Josh does something to shatter her further, she will probably adjust to the new reality and give her best effort to staying with him.

Eventually, however, we all agree, the marriage will fail. The question is whether it will end now or at a later time. I think it will be later, but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

What I found telling in this account is that she was happy to talk to him and is looking forward to seeing him when she is allowed to visit. Yes, she is an emotional wreck. Yes she feels humiliated and like an idiot for not having had a clue. But she is grieving for the loss of her ideal marriage, not considering that she can't bear to stay married to Josh. She is hoping that after rehab he will come back the person she wants him to be.

I am not saying that she is not "shattered," but she still seems to be planning to make the marriage work. Her despair will ease. Unless Josh does something to shatter her further, she will probably adjust to the new reality and give her best effort to staying with him.

Eventually, however, we all agree, the marriage will fail. The question is whether it will end now or at a later time. I think it will be later, but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Probably wishful thinking on my part! I joined originally because I really thought Jinger would be free someday and the girls' marrying--that killed me. So I will continue to be alone on my little island of dissent, no matter how improbable my position may be.

As for Anna, let's see if she can live with him; being completely broken may be the only way for her to rise up and heal.

As for Anna, let's see if she can live with him; being completely broken may be the only way for her to rise up and heal.

I agree with you. This is one of those cases where things will have to get worse before they can get better. I do hope that Josh will not take too long to revert back to his real self because only when she sees it is hopeless will she even consider divorce. That seems clear from everything everyone reports about her.

I agree with you. This is one of those cases where things will have to get worse before they can get better. I do hope that Josh will not take too long to revert back to his real self because only when she sees it is hopeless will she even consider divorce. That seems clear from everything everyone reports about her.

Completely agree that things will have to get worse. Right now, in spite of all she's got to be feeling, she's still hoping that this rehab will fix things so she can continue being married to Josh. Things won't be the same but right now she probably thinks she can still live with that. Let's see what happens when he starts cheating again and yes that's a "when" not an "if".

ETA: According to the article, she will be able to visit in a month or so. Now it should be interesting how she feels afterward. Also think it's good that she's away with her parents. Yeah, her father was the one who allowed her to marry Josh and all but that's done. In spite of parents' beliefs, it's still good that she gets away, it gives her a chance to talk/vent and she gets love and support from Mom andDad.

I do feel sorry for Anna. She was told that if she followed all the rules, then her life would be great. As far as we can tell, she has followed what she has been taught and has only been rewarded with public humiliation. That's got to be rough.

I do feel sorry for Anna. She was told that if she followed all the rules, then her life would be great. As far as we can tell, she has followed what she has been taught and has only been rewarded with public humiliation. That's got to be rough.

I agree, I feel awful for her. :cry: I don't think she's going to leave, at least not for a long time...when someone you love hurts you, even in the most unforgivable ways, it's hard to just kick them aside and move on. I'm sure she misses Josh and wants to believe that he can change and they'll be happy together again. Really sad.

Very, very interesting.... If it's true, I hope it works.

I think that interventions work better when you don't announce them in advance. I also think that Anna does not need the pressure right now. Her parents fighting with her siblings over whether or not she should divorce Josh is not going to help, especially when she is clearly torn between the sense of betrayal and her love for Josh.

Daniel clearly means well, but the time may not be right, and whoever announced this to the media made a mistake.

But we can hope...

I'm gonna need someone other than Hollywood Life to confirm she and the kids are in Florida. May or may not be related, but Jessa and Ben were photographed with John and Alyssa Webster. It's not clear to me what state the pic was taken in, but we also had JB and some howlers in Florida recently. So did the whole circus take Anna to FL, and if so, is it for a short visit or more long term? If she's there with JB's approval, I wouldn't assign it the significance I would if she went on her own steam or Duggarless. We need more information.

I'm gonna need someone other than Hollywood Life to confirm she and the kids are in Florida. May or may not be related, but Jessa and Ben were photographed with John and Alyssa Webster. It's not clear to me what state the pic was taken in, but we also had JB and some howlers in Florida recently. So did the whole circus take Anna to FL, and if so, is it for a short visit or more long term? If she's there with JB's approval, I wouldn't assign it the significance I would if she went on her own steam or Duggarless. We need more information.

It was reported by several sources that Anna was with her mother, but initially it was clear that the older M kids were left at the TTH and we wondered when Anna would return. Now reports such as this one. http://www.christianpost.com/news/anna- ... al-146119/ are saying that Anna "took the kids." It is more likely though that the kids were brought to her, if, indeed, Anna is staying with her parents.

If she isn't then the report of the planned intervention by the siblings is pure invention. :)

If anyone deserves some privacy, it's Anna.

It took many of us years just to leave our crap religions in way better circumstances than this. I can't even imagine being in her shoes. I had zero kids and I felt trapped in a similar religion. She did her part, she gave birth on a toilet on camera for joshsake, and this is how she is being treated. I really feel for her being hunted by paparazzi like a Kardashian.

If anyone deserves some privacy, it's Anna.

It took many of us years just to leave our crap religions in way better circumstances than this. I can't even imagine being in her shoes. I had zero kids and I felt trapped in a similar religion. She did her part, she gave birth on a toilet on camera for joshsake, and this is how she is being treated. I really feel for her being hunted by paparazzi like a Kardashian.

Yes, she deserves privacy. Certainly if I happened to find out where she is for sure, I would not post it here or anywhere else. Those people "close to the family" who seem to keep leaking stuff to the media are a problem, even if some of them "mean well."

That being said, I have no problem with our discussing what is out there in the media. It is natural to wonder where she and the M-kids are, and to wish what is best for them. And I can understand why her siblings may want to "talk sense" to her. We all do.

You are right that it is going to take time. I hope she has time to heal and get her bearings, wherever she is.

I am glad Anna left the TTH. She remains highly brainwashed though. Although she is the innocent party , and the marriage has been a sham, she likely thinks that divorce would be an affront to God. I predict she will reunite with Josh and will, sadly, suffer more emotional devastation. It took me more than one try to finally divorce my ex after he cheated, but when I I realized I was in a one person marriage, which is not a marriage at all, that was it. I had no small children and took my vows seriously, but I wasn't the one who broke them. I hope she treats herself with kindness.

with Anna's older sister currently going through a divorce,I hope it gives Anna other ideas about her marriage and her future. I know her sister left the Quiverfull life, but she is still Christian. Anna could keep her core beliefs and just modify some- like not leaving your cheating, lying husband.

Unfortunately like a lot of other people here, I think Anna will go back to Josh in the short term. I also believe that it will be Josh who leaves the marriage.

I dream that while Josh is away, Anna meets a wonderful man who loves her and her children and takes them all away from this mess.

I suppose if Josh started cheating on Anna around the time Michael was born, they must have had a pretty unhappy marriage for a while before that even. I mean, I would imagine you'd have to be unhappy for a while before you resort to cheating. I honestly wonder what sort of relationship the two of them have behind the scenes for this to happen.

We seriously have to get past this idea that Josh cheated because of anything Anna did or did not do. This is the guy who molested his own sisters as a teenager. He was fucked up way before he ever met Anna. He has serious unresolved issues, piss poor impulse control, and on top of it all is incredibly arrogant. Nothing was ever going to be enough for him.

Do you think that maybe they are aware that more is coming out about Josh soon and Anna thought she had to get away from the Duggars? Like Dr. Phil said it would be naive to think that this is all.

Do you think that maybe they are aware that more is coming out about Josh soon and Anna thought she had to get away from the Duggars? Like Dr. Phil said it would be naive to think that this is all.

From the reports that Anna is crying a lot and blaming herself, etc., it seems more likely that the Duggars decided that they are ready to "move on" past Joshgate 2.0, but Anna's presence interferes with that. So they send her to her mother for comfort --and to get her away from the TTH while the TLC cameras are around.

Anna can't "move on" however because her life is in limbo until Josh comes out of Fundie Reprogramming. Even if she has come to terms with what has happened to her life, she can't do much except wait.

There may be worse coming out about Josh, but I doubt that Anna's leaving Arkansas had anything to do with feeling she couldn't be with her in laws when the next scandal hit.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived