IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 5

happy atheist

Derick is the tallest person in the picture on the right edge. Jill is right in front of him holding Izzy. She is wearing the same clothes she had on when they left. I wonder who is doing their wash.

Probably a maid.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it isn't true. That is just plain evil if it is! The DailyMail is a tabloid to but they have been right about Duggar stories before too. I mean, it doesn't really add up either. How are you going to midwife or any medical professional and restrict/discriminate like that?

I went to Catholic school from pre-k through 12th grade. I don't recall being taught to go out and convert people at all. But maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention in my religion classes. Then again, I've never really been hardcore any religion so perhaps that's why.

I don't really care if that's "what they do." I find it obnoxious and unnecessary. I think they should mind their own business when it comes to spirituality. And worry about their own lives instead.

And if they truly want to help others...help them find food, shelter, school, etc.

Yes, yes, yes to all of this!

I am a confirmed Catholic who also attended Catholic school through High School and also taught at a Catholic School for 6 years. I never was told to proselytize. Never, ever. I hate when people do that.

Jill looks so worthless in that group picture holding the baby. I know they're just there to harass people, but it's kind of funny how glaringly unhelpful she's going to be with anything there since she has a baby to take care of.

:wtf: seriously? I have no idea what she's supposed to be doing in her missionary work, but just because she has an infant doesn't make her " worthless" . Women have been able to multitask caring for a baby and doing other tasks since the beginning of time. Certainly if they are providing meals, or shelter or childcare or his primary job is some sort of admin related to finances and she is doing supportive clerical work --- she could do those things and care for her baby. It's harder, obviously, but manageable.

:wtf: seriously? I have no idea what she's supposed to be doing in her missionary work, but just because she has an infant doesn't make her " worthless" . Women have been able to multitask caring for a baby and doing other tasks since the beginning of time. Certainly if they are providing meals, or shelter or childcare or his primary job is some sort of admin related to finances and she is doing supportive clerical work --- she could do those things and care for her baby. It's harder, obviously, but manageable.

She actually has more of a shot to find a bigger role there than she was back in Arkansas, pining around the mansion waiting for Derrick to get off of work.

Um, they won't get dysentery if they're careful. Diarrhea probably, food poisoning likely, but it's not that serious. The worst that'll happen are Jill and Derick lose weight.

But yeah. They have ad upon ad for Alka Seltzer in Central America. Everywhere.

My favorite joke is: dos taco y une Treda por favor.

I have had dysentery twice. It is easy to get even if careful. It can happen if there is some bacteria on a fruit or vegetable, or if food was not cooked to a high enough temperature, or even if someone forgets to brush their teeth with bottled water instead of using the tap water. You can also get it through some sexual activities.

I think being "new" to the area can increase risk as well. Locals have increased resistance to waterborne microbes they have been coming into contact with their entire lives.

Anyway, it is curable.

*Treda is a brand name for an over the counter med that zaps nasty things that sneak into ones bowels from the food and water supply.

Actually, it does. It's not like she's going to drop him off at daycare to work. She's going to drag that poor kid everywhere with her. I get it, they're only there to harass, not help, but still. Babies need constant attention and she wouldn't get any "work" done.

And it's scary to think of Jill being in charge of finances :lol: She couldn't figure out how to read the instructions on the back of a rice box.

Here's the first pic of the Dillards, allegedly in El Salvador. I don't know the original source so I don't know the context (who else is in it, etc)

1921898_653026994833156_1936435970_n.jpg

The woman in the middle looks a little bit like Tori Webster, but I'm not sure. Skip the ones on each side of her, and I think those next two are the sisters who dressed alike in Alyssa's instagram recently.

When that poster said worthless I think they meant useless. Probably because Jill is holding him with two hands so it's like what can she do if her hands are full lol. I wonder if she wears him backpack style when they are "helping"

I'm torn on what Jill can actually do while being Izzy's primary care giver. I worked part-time from home while taking care of my infant twins. But I was at home, where they had pack n plays, jumperoos, bouncy seats, and a clean carpeted floor to play on. Women with real full time jobs that require their full attention generally do that in an office, with someone else caring for the child at home. While Izzy is a newborn/very young baby, she can wear him and he'll watch the world and sleep. But once he wants to crawl, she'll just be following him around stopping him from killing himself on every little thing. Then climbing and walking/running, all bets are off!

When that poster said worthless I think they meant useless. Probably because Jill is holding him with two hands so it's like what can she do if her hands are full lol. I wonder if she wears him backpack style when they are "helping"

Maybe "useless" would've been a better word. I just wanted to convey that Jill is stupid to go in a mission trip with an infant and actually expect to accomplish anything helpful to the people there.

Maybe "useless" would've been a better word. I just wanted to convey that Jill is stupid to go in a mission trip with an infant and actually expect to accomplish anything helpful to the people there.

Since she is probably going solely to preach at them and convert people, she can do that while holding Izzy. If she was actually goign to help build needed structures or give medical care or any of the other things the people in that area NEED, no she probably would not be helpful with child on her hip.

We wear our clothes.

We hold or carry our children. That is all.

Well they are definitely in El Salvador with SOS.

Here you see Derick in the first pic on this blog:

livinglifeforchristalone.blogspot.com/2015/07/mission-trip-update-sos-july-2015.html?m=1

And those are the sisters Alyssa posted pics with, Halcionne. Good eye!

Here is where that pic originated from, you can see who the other people are:

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1453470061644622&set=a.1438953376429624.1073741826.100009449276239&type=1&theater

And then here is the latest pic floating around on instagram:

11248123_1633464040244139_1831585607_n.jpg

What a cool vacation. Wonder if the would notice saving the same Christians over and over? I bet they all look alike to a Dugger.

I'm torn on what Jill can actually do while being Izzy's primary care giver. I worked part-time from home while taking care of my infant twins. But I was at home, where they had pack n plays, jumperoos, bouncy seats, and a clean carpeted floor to play on. Women with real full time jobs that require their full attention generally do that in an office, with someone else caring for the child at home. While Izzy is a newborn/very young baby, she can wear him and he'll watch the world and sleep. But once he wants to crawl, she'll just be following him around stopping him from killing himself on every little thing. Then climbing and walking/running, all bets are off!

I don't know how anyone gets things done with toddlers around. I am a SAHM to just one child and I'm lucky if I can get the dishwasher unloaded in his presence.

Oh, I do love a good voluntourism post to snark on. Let's see what we have here today.

“Wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest. The harvesters are paid good wages, and the fruit they harvest is people brought to eternal life. What joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike!†Are you directly stating that you are getting well-paid to "reap" souls for your ministry? That's the devil talking through you, boy!

John 4:35-36 NLT

It's amazing how many things we take for granted in the states; indoor kitchens, running hot water, clothes that are in good shape, cleanliness, specious homes, air conditioning... I could mention a lot more things, but I'll spare you the time! My home and the life I have built for myself has never been specious, meaning misleading in appearance or false in any way, thankyouverymuch. But I suppose the word is appropriate for you because it describes your entire fundamentalist, Gothard-esque mentality and way of life.

I had forgotten the many blessings we have... Yet, it doesn't matter which side of the world I'm on, I find the innermost needs are the same; the need to be loved, Well, sure. the need to be forgiven, Not unless you have the will to do harm, and not for what YOU think., the need for a hope that supersedes every circumstance, the need for a deep, heartfelt relationship with a holy God. Not everyone would agree with you there.

These things have deeply touched my heart while reaching out to people that experience hardships that we in the States could never understand. His love that changed me reaches past me into a lost and dying world, and it's beautiful. Uh, lost and dying world? Dramatic much, aren't we? The El Salvador I'm seeing in your pictures is lush and verdant.

Ah, where do I even begin when describing the things He's done? The opportunity to grift money and use my time and efforts to internationally annoy, harass and generally be a burden to people who aren't the right type of Christians has been an experience I will always treasure. Lives who were deeply intrenched in darkness transformed. Can't let the fact that the people you were proselytizing to were likely already Christian and in no need of religious education of any sort. And that's not how you spell entrenched. Those who hated God now love Him. People without hope hearing the amazing Gospel of hope for the first time... Once again, these people are most likely already Christian, DUMBASS. They don't need your particular religious brand of self-esteem masturbation in order to happily live their lives. Relationships built, people being helped to their feet again in a world of poverty, tangible gifts given, love and grace and The Good News preached. We gave them food, medicine and household items, but we wouldn't have done any of that if we hadn't been allowed to preach, and more importantly, if they hadn't pretended to be thrilled with how we talked down to them.

Miracles happening each day; sometimes in the form of a heart being touched, sometimes in the form of divine appointments, sometimes in the form of heartfelt worship, a scripture, a life changed, never to be the same again... Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Daily there's proof time and again that God is not only real, but personal and miraculous, supernaturally working in the lives of men, women, and children. Best of all, He's working in me... If he is real, he probably thinks you and Jill are obnoxious jerks who exploit people to make yourselves look good.

It's my privilege to be here in His name! More like you are taking a vacation in God's name.

Please, dear readers, keep me, the team, and all those in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras we are ministering to in your prayers as we still have two and a half weeks left... Two and a half weeks to get some sun, have all of our chores done for us, do some shopping, sing some songs, annoy the locals...pray for us, for however will we endure?

Prayer Requests:

1. Continued unity on the team as new team members arrive They're fighting over the hotel accommodations, space is limited.

2. Fullness of God's Spirit as we continue to do ministry here in Central America. Sometimes people get angry when we try to tell them how wrong they are, so we have to pray that God forgives them.

3. Youth conferences coming up during the next two weeks -That God would send revival to the young people! I don't think they'd be there if they weren't already interested in the gospel.

4. We wouldn't grow weary sowing precious seed! Sex with Jill has been plentiful with no use of birth control whatsoever. Pray that many would be saved! So every sperm is sacred? Fucking hell, Jill's already pregnant again.

5. Continued energy and health for the team members as well! We're avoiding the canned water, so no dysentery!

6. Protection both physically and spiritually! We should be fine if we avoid the high-crime areas.

Thank you!!! :) NOPE.

Here is where that pic originated from, you can see who the other people are:

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1453470061644622&set=a.1438953376429624.1073741826.100009449276239&type=1&theater

Woo! This is amazing! I'm connecting so many fundie dots right now! Unnamed sister in that picture liked something on Norma Roberts Gilligan's instagram tonight. Small fundie world. And the two red headed boys up front are Mike Schadt's kids.

Edit: I see now that the picture is from unnamed sister's fb, which is why she isn't tagged. So she is named. :doh:

We wear our clothes.

We hold or carry our children. That is all.

Oooohhh! Careful you are close to wandering onto the battlefield of the Mommy Wars. Better put on your boots and helmet.

If you encounter soldiers on the front lines, it is safer to just agree that carrying your baby is not enough. Babies who are “worn†will be calmer, smarter, more well adjusted, and have a better shot at being president. Just nod your head and say that you are a member of your local babywearing organization. Stay safe!

Good Morning FJ!

That blog post is sickening. What a hater hauteur!

"Best of all, He's working in me...

It's my privilege to be here in His name!" :banana-angel:

Oh, the pomposity! Oh, the horror of this "Christian" ego! How can one insinuate that they are [there] in His name more so than another? How about highlighting the life He put on this earth for you to save - it ought to be worth more!!

No wonder it feels so good to be a Christian, to be saved! Its all about you, from here on out!

rickshaw21.jpg?w=300&h=226

[if you missed it, the blog I am referencing is just upthread]

edit: my banana wasnt dancing, and that just wont do.

Archived