IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 5

happy atheist

I have to say I'm liking this feeling of not really knowing what's going on with Jill and Derick. I appreciate that there's only the occasional public photo or update.

It makes me feel like they're concentrating on what they're doing and not thinking much about "fans".

I DON'T AGREE with what they're doing. I just like the thought that they're absorbed in something other than, and away from, 19Kids and TTH.

Agreed. They may think they are truly "ministering" to people,(NOT) but at least they are away from that toxic stew that is JB and family.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a separate Honduras trip but El Salvador is for a month.

That's not how I read those dates, but okay. I interpreted the "Summer Missions Trips" one month trip as though it's an option to attend all of the trips. Lines 2, 4 and 5 are individual trips and line three is another combo offer. Mike Schadt seems like the kind of person who would want to be on all of the trips, so I don't think there are seperate simultaneous trips. Just my opinion.

rQyruNQm.png

So all these trips are just a few dates here and there? One is only 6 days? I thought there would be a long term missionary project for a year or so. How many people can you convert in 6 days? There is no way to get to understand and learn about the culture in order to better approach your target to convert. It's basically a vacation with a little Bible study thrown in.

So all these trips are just a few dates here and there? One is only 6 days? I thought there would be a long term missionary project for a year or so. How many people can you convert in 6 days? There is no way to get to understand and learn about the culture in order to better approach your target to convert. It's basically a vacation with a little Bible study thrown in.

They're planting a church in Guatemala and were looking for a missionary couple to hold down that fort. Dillards? Personally, I would want a fluent Spanish speaker in that role, but what do I know.

Ay00RvNh.png

That's not how I read those dates, but okay. I interpreted the "Summer Missions Trips" one month trip as though it's an option to attend all of the trips. Lines 2, 4 and 5 are individual trips and line three is another combo offer. Mike Schadt seems like the kind of person who would want to be on all of the trips, so I don't think there are seperate simultaneous trips. Just my opinion.

rQyruNQm.png

I thought that at first but the "register by" date is different than the others.

They're planting a church in Guatemala and were looking for a missionary couple to hold down that fort. Dillards? Personally, I would want a fluent Spanish speaker in that role, but what do I know.

Ay00RvNh.png

What about the Honduras one? It's being taken over by a missionary couple from El Salvador and they're buying a home? Jilly Dilly et. al.?

What about the Honduras one? It's being taken over by a missionary couple from El Salvador and they're buying a home? Jilly Dilly et. al.?

Yes, but that SOS page seems to have read the same way for over a year-- before the Dillards were even married.

Dilly update:

They're in Honduras this week.

post-10637-14452000593667_thumb.jpg

post-10637-14452000593915_thumb.jpg

Caption for the bottom photo says that Derick was speaking at a school where they're learning the Mayan dialect.

The SOS trip(s) end tomorrow; will the Dillards come home or stay on? Or head off to a new secret location? :shhh:

The SOS trip(s) end tomorrow; will the Dillards come home or stay on? Or head off to a new secret location? :shhh:

I'm guessing they're staying, if only because if they were coming back that goodbye video would be even more ridiculous. Who the hell prays and cries so much over a being gone a month?

I'm guessing they're staying, if only because if they were coming back that goodbye video would be even more ridiculous. Who the hell prays and cries so much over a being gone a month?

People who've a) never spent any significant length of time significantly away from any member of their family and b) people desperately trying to stay relevant.

I've been thinking about their missionary work and I wonder what flavor of Christianity, exactly they are trying to convert people to. Is it simply Baptist or is it Baptist with some Gothard overlay? Do you think they will be counseling people that birth control is wrong, children should be beaten with a rod, and the man should make all the decisions or will they be content with Jesus loves you and you should accept him into your heart? I guess I am super uncomfortable with the idea of them spreading the idea of young earth, BC equals abortions and gays are going to hell.

Dilly update:

They're in Honduras this week.

[attachment=1]honduras.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]school.jpg[/attachment]

Caption for the bottom photo says that Derick was speaking at a school where they're learning the Mayan dialect.

Huzzah, Jill's stomach is flatter than ever since giving birth. That means she's not pregnant :clap:

......yet :doh:

Or maybe she IS pregnant but she's having bad morning sickness, she's stressed out, in a foreign country with unfamiliar food and not eating much/keeping much down. Baby Dilly #2 could be joining them on their quest to convert the heathens by March or April. :pray:

(I have zero reason to actually believe she's pregnant, and I really hope she isn't and won't be again for a long time.)

Oh, no, I don't for a second believe she's pregnant again (yet!) either, but there are a few people here who are convinced (CONVINCED!) she was pregnant based on a few pictures from when they were traveling for that Alive festival and Jill was pictured with a still quite large postpartum stomach. Keep in mind this was when J'Izzy wasn't quite three months old yet. But, since it's clear she's slimming down, she is definitely NOT pregnant again (yet, sigh) and the stomach she sported from the Alive festival was simply the result of giving birth to a freaking toddler (and possibly not the most flattering clothing choices).

I do think it's likely Jill will be newly pregnant again by the time Jessa gives birth :?

I've been thinking about their missionary work and I wonder what flavor of Christianity, exactly they are trying to convert people to. Is it simply Baptist or is it Baptist with some Gothard overlay? Do you think they will be counseling people that birth control is wrong, children should be beaten with a rod, and the man should make all the decisions or will they be content with Jesus loves you and you should accept him into your heart? I guess I am super uncomfortable with the idea of them spreading the idea of young earth, BC equals abortions and gays are going to hell.

Probably the latter version of Baptist. And they are probably providing all kinds of misinformation about birth control, gays, and abortion.

They have a very young baby and no slaves to take up the slack (that we know of), so I can't imagine they have too much time and energy to procreate. Michelle and Jim Bob did though, so who knows? FWIW, I don't think Jill is pregnant yet either. I do believe she will be by the time Jessa gives birth.

They have a very young baby and no slaves to take up the slack (that we know of), so I can't imagine they have too much time and energy to procreate. Michelle and Jim Bob did though, so who knows? FWIW, I don't think Jill is pregnant yet either. I do believe she will be by the time Jessa gives birth.

Where there's "God's will," there's a way.

Just saw this. Has some pics I've seen here and some I hadn't. They look pretty happy.

inquisitr.com/2303015/duggar-family-update-photos-surface-of-jill-dillards-missionary-work-in-central-america-photos

Edited for riffles

shes is goin from wrap to forward facing crotchdangler :pull-hair:

In a couple of the pictures, she has him in a ring sling. He's a big baby, I don't think he'll fit in the crotch danglers for long.

The inquisitor site froze up on me at the first photo. All I saw was Jill looking on, holding the baby. I rather imagine most of them look the same. Amirite?

shes is goin from wrap to forward facing crotchdangler :pull-hair:

I never wore my baby (other than a hiking seat) but isn't it frowned upon to forward face a baby like that? It's not safe I thought.

Archived