IGNORED

Josiah Duggar - Part 3 Now with lost heart pieces

happy atheist

Or maybe she is on vacation with her family, so they just haven't been together recently? I mean who knows. I don't think a few photos here and there without Marjorie are proof of anything.

A break up, or at least a slowing down of their courtship/dating would be best for them. Though unlikely, maybe they really are a match made in heaven, but still, there is no reason to rush in.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or maybe she is on vacation with her family, so they just haven't been together recently? I mean who knows. I don't think a few photos here and there without Marjorie are proof of anything.

A break up, or at least a slowing down of their courtship/dating would be best for them. Though unlikely, maybe they really are a match made in heaven, but still, there is no reason to rush in.

Possibly. But another few weeks of photos of Josiah in a group with no Marjorie, and the courtship is likely over.

As it should be. The Duggars court with a hardcore purpose and while I can't speak to Marjorie's maturity level, thanks to his upbringing Josiah is so far from being an adult on an emotional level they'd need a tremendous amount of luck to have it work out. It wouldn't be much different from Jason or James getting married now.

If the courtship is indeed over (no way to tell for sure right now) I don't think that the family will come out and say it. They have taken a serious PR battering in recent months and the courtship going kaput, while minor in the grand scheme of Duggar dysfunction, is yet another hit to the image. JB is not going to allow anything that he feels to be negative to come out, never mind they are doing a fine job of killing their brand even further because of their cluelessness.

I hope for Marjorie's sake that it is over. It's not her age it's what she would be getting into. She could be 10 years older and it would still be good that she avoid this mess of a family regardless of how she feels about Josiah.

Possibly. But another few weeks of photos of Josiah in a group with no Marjorie, and the courtship is likely over.

As it should be. The Duggars court with a hardcore purpose and while I can't speak to Marjorie's maturity level, thanks to his upbringing Josiah is so far from being an adult on an emotional level they'd need a tremendous amount of luck to have it work out. It wouldn't be much different from Jason or James getting married now.

Yes. Relationships for kids this age should be about dating and learning about relationships, how any of these people can think it's a good idea to make the stakes so high at this age is beyond me.

And teenage relationships are angsty enough and breakups can feel like the end of the world...what you need is parents who can let you know the pain is normal and everyone goes through it and you'll be okay. Not parents who have their own vested interest in the outcome. Ffs let them figure out who they are first.

I've seen pics posted recently, but they may be old. If I were a member of her family, I'd try to pull her away from the Duggars.

If Josiah still has a "flip phone of shame," then it could be a real hassle to update his instagram very often. He may also not be particularly interested in social media, causing long absences. Perhaps Marjorie and Josiah eloped and are currently keeping their location a secret from the fundies. Maybe they're no longer in a relationship. Then again, he could just be lying low and working hard to save money/establish a career to support Marjorie and their future quiver. There's a number of things that could be going on. I wonder...

A Duggar with their own career? That would be a shocker. I hope whatever those two KIDS are up to they are happy with the choice.

Maybe Marjorie's excellent dramatic delivery on those videos has led to her being discovered by Hollywood and she'll shortly be appearing in a blockbuster at an omniplex near you!!

Marjorie as Catwoman. :cracking-up:

I don't think Josiah was ever overly fond of being on camera. Perhaps he's glad the camera's are gone and just trying to live his life as quietly as possible.

Marjorie has begun posting 'handlettered' bible verses on her blog after a long absence.

marjoriejackson.wordpress.com

Maybe they're just not into social media much, or Josiah is trying to lie low right now what with the shitstorm going on in his house.

(Sorry, kids, you're now Stacked Like Cordwood. We can only afford a tiny house and I have to keep pumping out babies for The Lord Jesus. (not that I have kids, but still...))

Marjorie has begun posting 'handlettered' bible verses on her blog after a long absence.

Wow, those are pretty awesome! Marjorie could definitely make some money off of making posters like that.

Does anyone really believe that Josiah is just posting whatever he wants on Instagram? I doubt he even has Internet access on his phone. My guess is that someone in the family has the responsibility of approving and posting for Josiah. Let's not forget that unmarried children, specifically boys, are not allowed to have any Internet access unsupervised. If he had the Instagram app, he might find accounts for immodestly dressed women.

Interesting. That hand lettering looks like it would take a lot of time. Time that might otherwise be consumed with a courtship...

I just read some of Marjorie's posts and her "About Me" section. She comes off very self absorbed and fame seeking. Seriously, who tells their commenters not to chat with other commenters? That doesn't encourage community, that says "this is about ME and ONLY me."

Yeah, courtship is probably done. No TV and attention for her, so why bother?

Reading Marge's blog, it's pretty basic teenage girl stuff with a twist of uber-Christian filter.

So she wrote a book, has anyone read it?

I hope she has broken it off with Josiah as well. She deserves more than the Duggar circus.

I just read some of Marjorie's posts and her "About Me" section. She comes off very self absorbed and fame seeking. Seriously, who tells their commenters not to chat with other commenters? That doesn't encourage community, that says "this is about ME and ONLY me."

Oh I didn't know that much about her. That attitude and being so young... I'm sure it was best of both worlds for her, married off young like what is expected, and getting some fame which she wanted.

ETA: I hope it's broken off too so that they can both get what they really want from life, not whats expected.

Wow. I checked out Marjorie's blog. She's pretty articulate for someone in a courtship with a Duggar. Her blog even uses an example of a woman being called to work as a teacher. She definitely seems more worldly than the Duggars. I'm kinda surprised she was approved.

It sounds like something the Maxwells would say. :ew:

Wow. I checked out Marjorie's blog. She's pretty articulate for someone in a courtship with a Duggar. Her blog even uses an example of a woman being called to work as a teacher. She definitely seems more worldly than the Duggars. I'm kinda surprised she was approved.

TBH, she doesn't strike me as that articulate. She strikes me as someone trying to cash in on as many $50 SAT words as possible.

I mean, who wants a blog to be "edifying and fun?"

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived