IGNORED

Josh Duggar, Admitted Child Molester - Part 9

happy atheist

I really think you guys are giving TLC too much credit, paying for the bodyguard and paying Smugger's rent. I sincerely doubt that. TLC paid $40,000 an episode to JB and possibly a very small amount separately for Smugger when he and his family were featured. Why do you think they would pay for his bodyguard? They are not filming now and they may never film again. You have to view the Duggars as Independent Contractors-- TLC pays them a certain sum per episode but they don't pay for insurance or residuals or for anything else.

The more interesting question to me is how much Derick and Ben get, if anything? Would Cathy have been apid? People in the wedding? The wedding planner? You start breaking down how many people outside the family get included and those paychecks could add up. Maybe they get paid by the minutes aired? Or maybe by the hours spent filming? I would be interested in seeing some figures.

I don't think TLC paid their rent, but the tabloids are saying Josh 'hired' Steve Nield, who is or was a known TLC bodygaurd, from what I understand.

There were questions in a now-locked thread about all of Josh's vehicles moving from DC--fwiw, the Pecans use the RV a lot and they said on their blog that they drove it to Big Sandy. Davey needs to update and tell us if he still has the RV or if Josh took it off their hands.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes sense to me that Josh would hire a bodyguard he was familiar with, whether he was paying or TLC was paying. The show hasn't been officially cancelled (unless it happened during the few hours I was just away from the computer) yet so yeah, definitely makes sense that's who Josh would hire even if he was paying.

I am not sure if this was posted already, but I think this is pretty relevant and quite interesting.

I am sorely disappointed by this whole lack of respect for the workplace. It was a major turning point for me.

When Josh was trying to get to his home on the hill so he could be at work on time, Jim Bob did everything he could to derail it.

Think about your parents acting this way about your job. What kind of ethics is he teaching these kids, much less the altruistic message he is giving to their fans? Most who think if the Duggars can do it, so can they?

He thinks his kids jobs are just some sort of pretend play and his being with them duing that time is him playing along. Like, “Oh, don’t worry, you don’t need this job. You may WANT the job, but you will always have reality TV, the dregs of television viewing, to pay your bills if this little ‘job’ doesn’t work out. “Because, hey, after all, they will never cancel us because I have something on someone at Discovery and they are going to keep us on the air forever!â€

Not sure if she is just assuming this or if JB has made reference to this at some point. Regardless, I think this statement is pretty powerful and especially interesting that it is quoted.

Posted On April 11, 2015

http://wesayso-foundation.tumblr.com/po ... le-lack-of

What job is this post talking about? The car business? Josh has changed career goals at least two or three times now. I think on the second documentary he said he wanted to go into video editing or something. I only remember this because he said that in some hole of a dark room with noise canceling headphones on. Then he started the car business with John David. Then he became even more smug than he already was and set his sights on politics, but with no college degree, i couldn't tell if this was amusing or delusional. Now he's up a creek without a paddle.

Did anyone see that Mike Huckabee's two book co-author, John Perry is a two lawsuit child molester? Victims aged 11 & 14. My favorite part is the irony of the book title "Character Is the Issue." Link: http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski ... .foK9RjPnY

With so many child molesters leading back to Huckabee, I'm becoming a little suspicious that Huckabee has a clean character at all especially with quotes like this: "Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control, they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government." Quote from jan 2014 doing a luncheon speech at the RNC Committee's winter meeting, in response to a federal mandate on contraception.

Planned Parenthood PAC said this following his statement: "The problem isn’t what Mike Huckabee says – it’s what he and too many other politicians believe. These politicians need a basic anatomy and sex ed course. Birth control is basic, preventive health care for women. It helps women plan their pregnancies and manage their lives, and many women use it for a variety of other medical reasons, including treatment of endometriosis that can lead to infertility. The fact that Mike Huckabee doesn’t understand what birth control does is a perfect illustration of why decisions about birth control should be left to a woman and her doctor, without interference from politicians."

If josh is indeed paying for the bodyguard, how long does he expect to use the bodyguard? Considering how expensive everything else is, on top of the fact he is, at least for the time being, jobless with little hope of gainful employment soon...

I guess if nothing else this is another instance of duggars preaching the superiority of their way of life while doing something totally impractical.

Josh has no need for a body guard people love to make threats over about anything. why is not god protecting him? He is one of the chosen right?

Because, hey, after all, they will never cancel us because I have something on someone at Discovery and they are going to keep us on the air forever!

WTH is JB talking about here? Or is someone making this shit up?

Anyway, I think Mike Huckabee should be under a microscope right now considering the company he keeps.

I really think you guys are giving TLC too much credit, paying for the bodyguard and paying Smugger's rent. I sincerely doubt that. TLC paid $40,000 an episode to JB and possibly a very small amount separately for Smugger when he and his family were featured. Why do you think they would pay for his bodyguard? They are not filming now and they may never film again. You have to view the Duggars as Independent Contractors-- TLC pays them a certain sum per episode but they don't pay for insurance or residuals or for anything else.

TLC paid for Mama June's bodyguard for 1 month after her scandal broke and then the show was cancelled. I believe it was done for June's children because reporters were parked in her yard for days and the kids couldn't even go out of the house without being yelled questions at. I would think they would hire a bodyguard for Anna's sake and her kids. She is 8 months pregnant and has 3 kids and how many photographers are waiting to watch them move.

Kate Gosselin's contract said TLC was to pay for a bodyguard on filming days, travel, and anything related to the show like media and tours. Steve has been seen with the little couple as well but only on trips, perhaps Jen and Bill want to make sure they get through the airport safely now that they have some fame and 2 kids?. I would guess either the Duggar's had it in their contract for security during specific times or that TLC sent security after they found out that so many reporters were swarming the house and pregnant Anna and the kids were not feeling safe or even Josh felt unsafe trying to drive out of his yard. Steve makes 2k a day maybe TLC has to pay for a few days of security but avoids a lawsuit or more bad publicity.

I wonder if Josh knows Steve worked for Bill Clinton?

Carrying over from the locked Josh & Anna thread:

If Josh, Anna and the kids aren't in their new home in Siloam, I'm guessing they're staying over at Jill & Derick's...they've got the empty rooms.

I do remember hearing about the TTH guest house (I think Grandma Mary is staying in the additional guest room, right?)...I think that's why when Ben first moved up there, he had to stay in the garage. Wasn't there a sign hanging over the dining room table saying "Welcome Hartano Family"??

Carrying over from the locked Josh & Anna thread:

If Josh, Anna and the kids aren't in their new home in Siloam, I'm guessing they're staying over at Jill & Derick's...they've got the empty rooms.

I do remember hearing about the TTH guest house (I think Grandma Mary is staying in the additional guest room, right?)...I think that's why when Ben first moved up there, he had to stay in the garage. Wasn't there a sign hanging over the dining room table saying "Welcome Hartano Family"??

I think that even if they would have had place in the main house, they wouldn't have let Ben stay there.

After all, we are talking about a family, who thinks that molestation cases inside families are a common thing and not such a big deal, but won't let adults go on dates unchaperoned. :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

I think that even if they would have had place in the main house, they wouldn't have let Ben stay there.

After all, we are talking about a family, who thinks that molestation cases inside families are a common thing and not such a big deal, but won't let adults go on dates unchaperoned. :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

And worse yet, have convinced 8 adults (Josh-Joseph) + one soon to be, Joy, of this exact craziness. I wonder if there are physical elements to the brainwashing?

I totally agree 100%.

I find this viewpoint so strange. In a way, the message the Duggars are sending is that non-consensual incest is preferable to having sex with someone that one is not related to. It's so weird.

What I'd like to know is how they justify Josh being "pure" when dating Anna, if one can get pure again by asking for forgiveness, then why be so worried about losing that purity? (I can't imagine ever EVER pushing my already sex offender son to marry anyone - that is so weird to me). Thinking about Anna made me think of their strange hand sex thing going on. Is hand sex better than giving a frontal hug? Because, if I remember correctly, Michelle disapproved of Jill giving Derrick a frontal hug, but not Josh and Anna having hand sex.

This is a real head scratcher to me.

I find this viewpoint so strange. In a way, the message the Duggars are sending is that non-consensual incest is preferable to having sex with someone that one is not related to. It's so weird.

What I'd like to know is how they justify Josh being "pure" when dating Anna, if one can get pure again by asking for forgiveness, then why be so worried about losing that purity? (I can't imagine ever EVER pushing my already sex offender son to marry anyone - that is so weird to me). Thinking about Anna made me think of their strange hand sex thing going on. Is hand sex better than giving a frontal hug? Because, if I remember correctly, Michelle disapproved of Jill giving Derrick a frontal hug, but not Josh and Anna having hand sex.

This is a real head scratcher to me.

The hand sex occurred after they were engaged. :roll:

Apologies about the previous name speculation for M4. I didn't realize that there had been discord on this topic. Just meant it as a small bit of ironic humor.

Its all good. There were people making really offensive suggestions that made fun of the situation. Your suggestion wasn't that bad. :)

NOOOOOOOO- let's not go down the who gets paid what road. I'll need alcohol for that discussion and I try to abstain during the week. LOL.

:lol: So true! And I don't even drink, so this would be a massive issue for me!

I read the JA20 Our Story bit past night. In "early 2006" they were at an ATI convention together, and "a few weeks later" the Kellers visited the Duggars. Anna says that Smuggar "shared his testimony" at that time and she talks about him being "accountable to his parents" and "keeping his heart pure." The Oprah thing and police interviews happened in late 2006. In early 2007 they were at the ATI conference again. In December 2007 Anna's brother asked Josh to help him with a prison ministry, and it was during that trip that Smuggar started courting Anna. If Smuggar had indeed made the "inappropriate touching" part of his testimony it would have been there by the time he shared his testimony with the Kellers. The first DHS investigation happened in 2007. He sued DHS in August 2007. How friendly were the Duggars with the Kellers after the 2006 visit? I'm trying to get a grip on how much the Kellers would have known or been told based on the timeline.

And worse yet, have convinced 8 adults (Josh-Joseph) + one soon to be, Joy, of this exact craziness. I wonder if there are physical elements to the brainwashing?

Probably.

I just find it sad that non consensual incest is just fine and dandy with these people. What a way to reinforce a negative stereotype of the South.

I read the JA20 Our Story bit past night. In "early 2006" they were at an ATI convention together, and "a few weeks later" the Kellers visited the Duggars. Anna says that Smuggar "shared his testimony" at that time and she talks about him being "accountable to his parents" and "keeping his heart pure." The Oprah thing and police interviews happened in late 2006. In early 2007 they were at the ATI conference again. In December 2007 Anna's brother asked Josh to help him with a prison ministry, and it was during that trip that Smuggar started courting Anna. If Smuggar had indeed made the "inappropriate touching" part of his testimony it would have been there by the time he shared his testimony with the Kellers. The first DHS investigation happened in 2007. He sued DHS in August 2007. How friendly were the Duggars with the Kellers after the 2006 visit? I'm trying to get a grip on how much the Kellers would have known or been told based on the timeline.

Not sure if it helps you make sense of your timeline or not, but the ATI conference is in April. And I thought Josh's DHS suit was April 2007. You were right about this, sorry!

Just FYI, if you're dismayed to see that they are receiving unanimous support on their FB page, they are banning and deleting comments like crazy. All negative posts on their page that were up last night are gone this morning (including mine, and I am now banned). I don't mean abusive or off-color comments, merely critical ones, or links to the police report, imploring people to read what they've said in their own words.

Anywho, just wanted to get the word out - popular response is still overwhelmingly condemning. I think it's important to make sure people know what they're supporting (I don't mean spewing vitriol at the family), because it is so important that sexual abuse within a family is NOT normalized. It is beyond vile that JB and Michelle would put other victims at risk merely to save their own skin. Ugh.

This is pretty hilarious. The owner of a legal brothel in Nevada has banned Josh for life, on the off chance that one of his sisters might hypothetically work there one day. :lol:

The world famous Moonlite Bunny Ranch, famed legal brothel that has been featured on HBO’s smash hit series “Cathouse”, has taken the extraordinary step of banning TLC’s “19 And Counting” star Josh Duggar from entering any of their properties, citing concerns for the safety of the 500 legal prostitutes that are employed there. Duggar has recently become embattled in a firestorm of controversy over his admission that he sexually molested five girls, including two of his younger sisters, when he was 15. One of the sisters was 5 at the time that the assault occurred.

”My number one priority has got to be the safety of my girls,” said Dennis Hof, owner of the world famous Bunny Ranch and six other Nevada brothels. “We employ 500 girls at any one time, and we’ve had tens of thousands of them come and go over the years. With the Duggars having 19 kids, it is just simple math that the odds are much greater than usual that one of their daughters might come work for us at some point. There’s no way I would ever put them or any other girl in harm’s way, should that brother of theirs come prowling around here. He’s persona non grata, starting now.”

“Those poor girls (the Duggar sisters) were propped up on television by their Bible thumping parents to make excuses for their brother, saying that their mother and father had protected them after they became aware of the molestations by putting locks on the girls’ doors. We don’t have locks on our girls’ doors, because we’ve never needed them. Apparently the Bunny Ranch brothel is a safer place for young girls than the Duggar household.”

This is pretty hilarious. The owner of a legal brothel in Nevada has banned Josh for life, on the off chance that one of his sisters might hypothetically work there one day. :lol:

The odds are much better that the J-Slave would be allowed to keep a percentage of their earnings working at Bunny Ranch than they are toiling at the Duggar Drudgery Institute of Arkansas.

I don't think Josh was paid $100k at FRC... I think it was less.

He probably got some perks (such as travel expenses and maybe wardrobe related items for him and Anna).

Archived