IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

So very tempted to down the road and watch the trial.

If Doug represents himself, I'll be tempted to get on a plane and fly there to watch the trial! :lol:

It's not going to happen (me getting on a plane that is) unfortunately.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what Doug is up to these days. What does he do all day, where does he get his ego stroked, when does he dress up in costume? (Ok, not sure I want to think too much about the last part... :? )

I really miss the glory days of VF, always new things to snark on. I still wonder if he dressed up as Romeo when he tried to climb into Lourdes bedroom window. :lol:

Do we have any members who lives in his area and have any sightings to report?

Awwww, thank you, Clementine, for bringing back the pew photo! Gosh it's been awhile since I've seen that one, and it made me LOL. I needed a bit of cheer today!! :)

That pic of Dougie and Dumbo will never not be funny. Or homoerotic.

I still lurked during the days of the Tools Reign of Terror Costumes, but the LOLDoug thread was my favorite.

Awwww, thank you, Clementine, for bringing back the pew photo! Gosh it's been awhile since I've seen that one, and it made me LOL. I needed a bit of cheer today!! :)

:D I looked through old threads with Doug but a lot of the photos we posted were linked from the VF page that is now gone. I didn't save any photos, did anybody else?

It's nice that Doug taught his disciples about being sensitive to ethnic minorities and their cultures. :pink-shock:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8111_o.jpg

:D I looked through old threads with Doug but a lot of the photos we posted were linked from the VF page that is now gone. I didn't save any photos, did anybody else?

It's nice that Doug taught his disciples about being sensitive to ethnic minorities and their cultures. :pink-shock:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8111_o.jpg

Wow. I'd forgotten that one. :shock:

But hush! This subject got quite nasty in another recent thread. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26895&start=40

Perhaps I'm a thread killer? :whistle:

I may have one or two or fifty pics of Doug on my computer.

Oh, I do hope you might have that one of him doing the almost impossibly wide stance at a wedding (I think it may have been the Tsantles wedding?). You could almost hear the crotch of his pants rip. It was truly classic.

Oh, I do hope you might have that one of him doing the almost impossibly wide stance at a wedding (I think it may have been the Tsantles wedding?). You could almost hear the crotch of his pants rip. It was truly classic.

post-76-14452000817524_thumb.jpg

OMG, OMG, OMG -- thank you! That giddy-up truly just polished off my day (you know, it's 9/11 around here, so a pretty depressing day). This one and the pew shot are my faves. One of these days I will figure out how to make one of them my avatar...

[attachment=0]roflbot(73).jpg[/attachment]

Wow. I'd forgotten that one. :shock:

But hush! This subject got quite nasty in another recent thread. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26895&start=40

Perhaps I'm a thread killer? :whistle:

Oh no, I had completely forgotten the Pocahontas enactment. I read the story now and just... no. :pull-hair: :shakehead2:

Oh good! They need to be saved for future generations to see. :lol:

My personal favorite Douggie moment. Sorry the video won't embed:

vimeo.com/59747748

"I need more cellos. More cellos!"

My personal favorite Douggie moment. Sorry the video won't embed:

vimeo.com/59747748

"I need more cellos. More cellos!"

Doug was the gift that just kept on giving! I'm am still so bummed that pics from the very last #Hazardousjournies, The Great Toga Party were never posted :cry: :cry:

We could have mined for snark in those for months.

I went through Doug's films on Vimeo and found this gem:

This is a sample draft promotional for Dominion, Risk and Manhood, the three short film subjects of the Hazardous Journeys Collection.

https://vimeo.com/54326216

It appears to have been shot in Iceland... a tiny island that is one of the most modern societies on earth... how hazardous is a journey there? :music-tool:

I'm in no way a Phillips family expert, but I've been wondering: since his exposure, how on earth does Doug the tool provide for his big family? Did he fork so much money on the side while he was still in his executive position?

It appears to have been shot in Iceland... a tiny island that is one of the most modern societies on earth... how hazardous is a journey there? :music-tool:

About as hazardous as the journey they took to a resort in Colorado, with fully furnished cabins and a pool, hot tub and recreational facility.

Ah that video was the one one of disheveled Dougie in the airplane, drinking coffee....

I still hold out hope that one day young JT will take over the reins and provide us with more LOLs.

I'm in no way a Phillips family expert, but I've been wondering: since his exposure, how on earth does Doug the tool provide for his big family? Did he fork so much money on the side while he was still in his executive position?

That is still unknown. Some people suspect family money. His father passed away around the time of the scandal, maybe he got an inherited amount of cash or property? Also the Phillips collected donations throughout their rein. Including a rent free house. It is possible they have squirreled away enough to live off of now. And others suspect some shady accounting was going on at Vision Forum and the Philips pocketed money they weren't entitled to. Has our resident former insider, C&D, ever steared us in the right direction on this one?

Doug told people that his father was nearly broke a couple of years before he died I believe. I think there were some serious internal issues in the Constitution Party and another organization he was with.

I still hold out hope that one day young JT will take over the reins and provide us with more LOLs.

I hope otherwise. He's got talent that should be used properly and he could do just fine for himself. He was always a good kid and friend away from the pomp and circumstance.

That is still unknown. Some people suspect family money. His father passed away around the time of the scandal, maybe he got an inherited amount of cash or property? Also the Phillips collected donations throughout their rein. Including a rent free house. It is possible they have squirreled away enough to live off of now. And others suspect some shady accounting was going on at Vision Forum and the Philips pocketed money they weren't entitled to. Has our resident former insider, C&D, ever steared us in the right direction on this one?

Re: bolded. Probably some combination of these things. The corporate veil between VFI & VFM was very hole-y and probably allowed for lots of two-way $ transfusions over the years.

Re: bolded. Probably some combination of these things. The corporate veil between VFI & VFM was very hole-y and probably allowed for lots of two-way $ transfusions over the years.

AFAWK, Doug is not engaged in paid employment at this time. He is also not listed on the TX Bar Association and I just looked. He is certainly living off some squirreled away funds these days. Apparently he has enough $$ to scamper off to Europe to cosplay at WWII veterans events, if not enough to pay his lawyers.

The biggest conflict of interest that I noticed was the sale of Jonathan Park from VFI to VFM, but I'm sure there were many others. The corporate wall was to say the least of it - fluid. I'm sure he socked away a lot of money over the years. Definitely shady accounting.

I hope otherwise. He's got talent that should be used properly and he could do just fine for himself. He was always a good kid and friend away from the pomp and circumstance.

I agree. JT has proven very quiet since the Fall of Doug. He was always the VF poster boy somewhat at the expense of less photogenic Justice.

IMO, the Phillips offspring should be left to distance themselves from Doug, unless or until they also decide to be tools. I'd rather keep my eye on other VF interns who have not yet woken up and smelled the coffee.

I mean, why focus on Joshua Titus when Natty Darnell just lives to be a total asshole? :ew:

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived