IGNORED

Doug Phillips & Vision Forum & Lourdes - Part 2

happy atheist

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet - the three oldest Phillips daughters share one Facebook page: "Liberty Jubilee Faith." All WWII cosplay and red lipstick, all the time.

It's disturbing the way their group twisted the second generation. After VF ended they just traded one bubble of isolation for another. It's almost as bad as the Maxwells' focus on death, for the Phillips girls to feel like it's their weird mission in life to intimately know every one of the veterans who are still alive. As if those WWII years were the end of those veterans' contribution and the people who lived it never moved on into the future. It's so creepy the way fundies get fixated on unreal, "perfect" fictionalizations of the past.

Honestly I wish this lawsuit would see the light of day and that the kids do find out every nasty detail of the leaders tools their group put on pedestals.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's disturbing the way their group twisted the second generation. After VF ended they just traded one bubble of isolation for another. It's almost as bad as the Maxwells' focus on death, for the Phillips girls to feel like it's their weird mission in life to intimately know every one of the veterans who are still alive. As if those WWII years were the end of those veterans' contribution and the people who lived it never moved on into the future. It's so creepy the way fundies get fixated on unreal, "perfect" fictionalizations of the past.

Honestly I wish this lawsuit would see the light of day and that the kids do find out every nasty detail of the leaders tools their group put on pedestals.

Honestly I think it's more an opportunity to engage in cosplay. The mission to WWII vets comes second.

Facebook screenshot. I 100% agree with Lourdes. Monica was so young when everything happened. It is not overdramatic to say it ruined her life or at least her future happiness. She was thrown into world of political blood sport. It wasnt just internet gossip. She was harassed by our nations elected leaders and pursued relentlessly. I will always think Kenneth Star was criminal.

post-9940-1445200064856_thumb.jpg

More case updates:

And, a recent update on the "Together We Overcome: Supporting Lourdes Torres Manteufel" Facebook page:

There's been so much bad news about women's issues lately (e.g., mass rapes and sex slaves in IS territory, the eleven-year old giving birth in South America, lies about Planned Parenthood) that it's good to hear that Lourdes is doing as well as she is. For all of the VF rhetoric about "character," "manliness," and "courage," Lourdes, a poor young women relegated to servant status, ended up the being the one to exhibit the most character, courage, and dare I even say "manliness," at least in the traditional sense of being brave. :clap: The pathetic response of the VF "men" shows they were really only interested in "manliness" and "character" as long as it involved dress up and constantly impregnating their wives. Once a situation came up that actually required putting themselves out on the line, they didn't know what to do. :music-tool:

Honestly I think it's more an opportunity to engage in cosplay. The mission to WWII vets comes second.

I'd wondered about that. Frankly, if they're going to be forced to stay SAHDs, the WWII cosplay missions are way more entertaining than what a lot of SAHDs have to do. I keep hoping some of the Phillips kids will break free. I grew up in a church that had some pretty screwed up things going on, but I at least could go home to parents who were a little more balanced(though still plenty fundie.) I can't imagine what it must be like to be one of Dougie's children and not have a place to get away.

I'd wondered about that. Frankly, if they're going to be forced to stay SAHDs, the WWII cosplay missions are way more entertaining than what a lot of SAHDs have to do. I keep hoping some of the Phillips kids will break free. I grew up in a church that had some pretty screwed up things going on, but I at least could go home to parents who were a little more balanced(though still plenty fundie.) I can't imagine what it must be like to be one of Dougie's children and not have a place to get away.

Aren't they going to a relatively normal church now? Of course, they may not be allowed to do much besides attend Sunday services but that has to be better than the cult at BCA or "home church" with DPIAR.

Aren't they going to a relatively normal church now? Of course, they may not be allowed to do much besides attend Sunday services but that has to be better than the cult at BCA or "home church" with DPIAR.

Completely off topic, but every time I read DPIAR, it always reads (mentally, at least) as diaper. Doug the Diaper. The similarities are limitless.

Carry on.

There have been lots of case updates in the last 10 days:

8/13/2015 MOTION TO

RESET MEDIATION DEADLINE OF LOURDES

TORRES

8/13/2015 SET A.D.R. DOCKET

MOTION TO RESET MEDIATION DEADLINE

COURT: 166 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 8/24/2015 8:30AM

8/17/2015 RESPONSE

TO THE SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS OF VISION FORU

M MINISTRIES INC AND DON HART JAMES ZES

AND SCOTT BROWN ITS DIRECTORS

8/17/2015 AMENDED

PETITION (FIFTH)

8/18/2015 MOTION TO WITHDRAW ATTORNEY

VISION FORUM

8/18/2015 MOTION TO WITHDRAW ATTORNEY

DOUGLAS PHILLIPS

8/18/2015 NON-JURY

SETTING ON MOTION TO WITHDRAW/VISION FRM

COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 8/25/2015 8:30AM

8/18/2015 NON-JURY

SETTING ON MOTION TO WITHDRAW/DOUGLAS PH

**RESET 09/01/2015**

COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 8/25/2015 8:30AM

8/19/2015 REPLY TO

RESPONSE TO MOTION AND SUPPLEMENTAL

MOTION FOR PROTECTION OF VISION FORUM

INC

8/20/2015 LETTER TO DISTRICT CLERK

FROM JOSEPH J JAKOB RE: RESET HEARING

8/20/2015 CERTIFICATE OF WRITTEN DISCOVERY

8/20/2015 NON-JURY

**RESET ON M/F WITHDRAWAL OF COUNSEL**

COURT: 109 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 9/1/2015 8:30AM

There have been lots of case updates in the last 10 days: ...

Hey, legal people -- what do these things mean? Did DPIAR's attorney bail on him? Or maybe got fired for not providing the calibre of representation due a brilliant and wonderful such as DPIAR?

Hey, legal people -- what do these things mean? Did DPIAR's attorney bail on him? Or maybe got fired for not providing the calibre of representation due a brilliant and wonderful such as DPIAR?

From what I read there it doesn't look like his attorney has bailed...

Completely off topic, but every time I read DPIAR, it always reads (mentally, at least) as diaper. Doug the Diaper. The similarities are limitless.

Carry on.

I thought I was the only one! I also read SOTDRT as sot-dirt.

The entries on motion to withdraw look like at least 1 of DPIAR and VF's attorneys have filed to withdraw from representation. Once an attorney files pleadings in court or otherwise makes a court appearance on behalf of a client, you have to get court permission to stop representing them. Looks like someone is asking for that to happen.

Attorney withdrawal can happen for a host of reasons. Client may request it, attorney might want out if client isn't following advice, is not being honest with attorney, or (most commonly, in my experience), if the client isn't keeping up with paying bills.

Short answer - a whole lot could be going on with those w/d motions, so we'll have to see what happens when the motions get heard. Shame that court doesn't put its pleadings online so we can read the file.

Attorney withdrawal can happen for a host of reasons. Client may request it, attorney might want out if client isn't following advice, is not being honest with attorney, or (most commonly, in my experience), if the client isn't keeping up with paying bills.

Well, MY money is on the bolded being the main reasons for withdrawal!

After all, you can't foot the bills for jaunts to Europe or wherever AND pay attorney's fees, especially when that attorney keeps giving advice that is just so, so inferior to your own brilliant ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else notice that DPIAR's FB page has been scrubbed? Beall's is still there but she's hidden her Friends list.

His page is still there (facebook.com/douglas.phillips.1238) but yes, a lot has been purged. His cover photo was formerly one of him & Beall on one of their junkets.

8/24/2015 RESPONSE

TO THE SPECIAL EXCEPTIONS

8/25/2015 HEARING/TRIAL CRT REPORTER ASSIGNED

LM LETITIA MONCIVAIS 131ST CRT REPORT

8/25/2015 JUDGES DOCKET NOTES

8/31/2015 AMENDED PETITION

(SIXTH)

9/1/2015 ORDER TO WITHDRAW

OF COUNSEL-JASON J JAKOB & THE FIRM OF

DIAZ JAKOB, LLC FOR VISION FORUM INC

(VFI)

JUDGE: SOLOMON J CASSEB,III

VOL: 4442 PAGE: 102 PAGE COUNT: 4

9/1/2015 ORDER TO WITHDRAW

OF COUNSEL-JASON J JAKOB OF THE FIRM

OF DIAZ JAKOB, LLC FOR DOUGLAS PHILLIPS

JUDGE: SOLOMON J CASSEB,III

VOL: 4442 PAGE: 139 PAGE COUNT: 4

Or was he completely noncompliant? Or did the lawyer have knowledge that Doug planned to lie under oath? It could be so many things! I want to know!

It is likely due to Doug no longer being able to pay attorney fees. Unless insurance through Vision whatever is somehow paying, Doug has likely run out of money to pay his attorney. The easiest way to get a judge to let you off is to file a motion to be relieved as counsel and state failure to pay as your reason. Attorney fees can add up fast. It is unlikely that Doug just hired a different attorney and wanted to get rid of the old one. Otherwise he would file a substitution of counsel and have both attorneys sign off, along with Doug. That's how it is done here. I also doubt its the attorney worrying about the client lying. Most clients don't tell their attorneys they intend to lie. I doubt there is a juicy reason. This is very common.

The most recent case updates:

9/10/2015 REQUEST

FOR PRETRIAL CONFERENCE

9/10/2015 SET ON MONITORING DOCKET

SETTING ON M/F PRTRL CONF

COURT: 166 TRIAL DATE & TIME: 9/24/2015 8:30AM

Any one else hoping that Doug choses to represent himself in court? :popcorn:

Any one else hoping that Doug choses to represent himself in court?

Yes and in one of his costumes :D

ETA: Quote

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived