IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

I'll be surprised if it isn't SOS. The Duggars have known Mike Schadt for years. Perhaps Duggar Aviation can help if any of the Dillards need medical assistance?

Agree with those who think it's good that Jill is getting out of Arkansas.

Hmm. I wonder what kind of rules and regs there are for John David a Duggar plane to fly internationally. I'm headed over to the DALLC thread anyway, and will ask there.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be surprised if it isn't SOS. The Duggars have known Mike Schadt for years. Perhaps Duggar Aviation can help if any of the Dillards need medical assistance?

Agree with those who think it's good that Jill is getting out of Arkansas.

While I'm leery of how helpful they'll be abroad, I am also glad to see Jill leave Arkansas. I think it's been interesting seeing her approach new experiences with such zeal. She has ambitions (in the form of midwifery and missionary work), and I've gotten the impression that JB has tried to shut those ambitions down, but it's been difficult because her interests are acceptable within the confines of Gothardism. If she's gonna work outside the home at all, being a midwife is all right (as long as it doesn't interfere with her popping out babies, of course!). Being a missionary? Also godly! I'm fairly certain that JB gave her and Derick that house as a ball-and-chain to keep them in AR, and if they're kind of breaking free, then I'm happy about it. My guess is that JB would rather see Jill not have any ambitions other than staying close to him and having an army lots of kids ... if this is rebellion, I'll take it!

I remember people talking about the possibility of them moving abroad for missionary work with the season finale's hints. I wonder how much the scandal has affected their plans (i.e. was it supposed to be a temporary mission trip, and now it's long-term? is the trip in part triggered by the scandal's exposure?). It also seems a tad irresponsible to be moving overseas after a dangerous birth and keep attempting to pop out more babies without adequate advanced healthcare nearby (I'm assuming).

Then again, it seems borderline rebellious against Jim Bob and Michelle to up and leave their sphere of influence. The Dillards will be thousands of miles away, probably with limited communication, able to make more of their own decisions. Jill will be doing something outside the home, even if it's "godly" work. Most importantly, it gives her exposure to a world beyond the TTH and people other than her immediate family. I suppose it remains to be seen what their ministry will actually do (help people in need? or just preach to the converted?). But isn't anything better than a life confined to the life and house allotted to you by your parents? :think:

Jill's officially the first Duggar rat " deserting the sinking ship".

Derick shouldn't have quit his job... dumbass.

The two of them will probably contract malaria or something tropical and come back as martyrs.

I have no love for any Duggar ( including the Dillards) and I could care less what happens to the two stupid adults.

THIS is why people need education, life experience, life and professional skills, and common sense about parenting.

That little boy deserves better than to be dragged around in Jill's sling while the heathens ( ha) are given gum and candy for a few months.

Is there any way that UP Network could have picked this up as a new Duggar venture? They wouldn't want to sign a contract as things stand with this family's reputation at present, would they?

I don't think anyone should take offense to speculating on Jill possibly being pregnant. These are Duggars. They live to get pregnant. No one called her fat or ugly. We only commented on how firm her belly appears to be. Take a seat, relax. It wasn't body shaming. This is a Duggar and specifically Jill, who has proven that she gets pregnant pretty quickly. In my opinion, the fashion "shaming" has been just horrible around here. Calling Jill dumpy looking is not nice. I've seen a lot of people on here also pick on Jessa's gorgeous looks. People say things like "She isn't that pretty." "She has a weird chin" "Her lips are too big" "She looks like a Bratz doll" "She has resting b**** face" etc etc I've seen it all and it's not nice. So if you want to search out the shaming, check out the Jessa thread and the part where everyone is calling Jill's fashion choices "frumpy and dumpy". Also, time after time, I have seen people on here make fun of Josh's weight which is totally wrong. No one has said one word about Jill's weight. There was no body shaming period. Relax.

Then again, it seems borderline rebellious against Jim Bob and Michelle to up and leave their sphere of influence. The Dillards will be thousands of miles away, probably with limited communication, able to make more of their own decisions. Jill will be doing something outside the home, even if it's "godly" work. Most importantly, it gives her exposure to a world beyond the TTH and people other than her immediate family. I suppose it remains to be seen what their ministry will actually do (help people in need? or just preach to the converted?). But isn't anything better than a life confined to the life and house allotted to you by your parents? :think:

No doubt, the long arm of JB will still be in complete control. Any paychecks the Dillards' receive from filming will go through one of the family's many foreign or domestic asset protection trusts that he set up.

I remember people talking about the possibility of them moving abroad for missionary work with the season finale's hints. I wonder how much the scandal has affected their plans (i.e. was it supposed to be a temporary mission trip, and now it's long-term? is the trip in part triggered by the scandal's exposure?). It also seems a tad irresponsible to be moving overseas after a dangerous birth and keep attempting to pop out more babies without adequate advanced healthcare nearby (I'm assuming).

I believe Mike Schadt (SOS Ministries) is within JB's sphere of influence so, if that's where Jill & Derick are going, I don't consider it an escape. I'm pretty sure some Duggar kids were in Central America while Josie was being born and that there was some comment from JB (on the show) about trusting Mike with his kids.

Still, it's probably better than staying in Arkansas and who knows what their next move might be?

I'm interested in finding out who gets the mansion, or if the Duggars sell it.

My theory is that Derick quit his job at WalMart because TLC offered to pay for a trip to Nepal so they could film Jill and D becoming missionaries. Then JoshGate happened and TLC had to back out of the deal. After scrambling around for ideas Derick and Jill decided to beg for funds from their fan base and looked for a Mission a bit closer to home which would be cheaper and easier to arrange.

I will agree that this is most likely the gist of what happened. It has not been proven at all what the cliffhanger was for the next season premieres, but it's most likely that they announced they's be going overseas. Prior to the Josh scandal, Cathy made a Facebook post that she had a clock set to Nepal time.

Where is it said they are going to Central America, or did one person just hear this second hand?

Baby Israel is perfectly healthy isn't he? If so, I see no reason why they should not be able to raise him anywhere in the world.

No, baby Iz hasn't had all his vaccinations yet, so no, he shouldn't go to areas where small pox, polio and diphtheria are still a thing. Since Jill and her dim husband are keeping mum on their plans, we don't know what they are planning. If it's Nepal, they might want to check for cholera in the area right now and what diseases babies are falling victim to over there right now. Disasters like earthquakes cause dramatic increases in communicable diseases.

Does anyone think that Jill or Dull have the gumption to deal with any foreign hospital or clinic in a medical emergency? It ain't even easy in Europe, where lots of folks speak English. Are either of those two imbeciles able to decipher foreign dosages or instructions?

When an emergency strikes, they will call Pa Duggar, Jill in tears, and forgetting what they tell others - don't depend on earthy sources to alleviate suffering, PRAY TO JESUS!

If Jill had taken one ESL class on line, ONE, I'd think they might be considering their long term options and preparing themselves for all kinds of possibilities. Nope. They are begging to support their bible vacations.

Why do people freak the f*ck out about anyone with children wanting to raise them anywhere that's not a suburb with a picket fence? People would put children in literal bubbles if they could, I swear. THEY WILL BE OK. There is nothing wrong with moving to a developing country with your children. I mean, I LOATHE religious mission work, but I can't think of anything that could possibly be much better for them at this point than just getting the hell out of Arkansas. Nothing about the lifestyle that kid would have in Arkansas is safe or ideal to begin with. Exposure to the outside world and less time with other Duggars is EXACTLY what they need.

Also, why is it that people think Jill and Jessa attending the Christian music festival implies they're getting out from under Boob's control? I don't know why Boob wouldn't want them to go. It sounded like they kept to a script, and I think everyone knew sending the girls was "safe;" nobody's going to heckle the victims. Boob is sleazy and savvy enough to know that they're his only tickets back to relevancy, and he will put them to work, IMO. The girls are what kept the show on the air for so long.

And while I'm at it, feeling bitter and critical...I think it's a bit harsh to judge Jill's writing skills, or even how naive she is about mission work. She always seemed like a smart and motivated girl with a lot of untapped potential. Access to a proper education is a privilege, and it's one that she did not have. There's a good chance Jill wouldn't have even been allowed to go to a public library and pick up a book off the shelf. How would she have learned to be a great writer? Who would have taught her? Michelle? Yeah, right.

She has White Christian Savior complex HARDCORE, but that's all she's ever known, and she's still very young. Moving to another country might be the only thing that'd bring her down to earth. It's a shame that her own personal learning experience has to be at the expense of all the people she's going to try to convert, but what can you really expect? She's been indoctrinated with fear of the outside world since the day she was born.

I am not freaking out about them moving, at ALL. I said I was seriously concerned with her and any future baby's safety. Why?? Because she's a Duggar girl and has proven she gets pregnant very quickly and has shown that she doesn't always make the best choices. She had an extremely long and complicated labor with Izzy and since she delivered via csection her birth canal is still untested. She and/or Izzy could have died! My concern is that she or a future baby could die if she does not have a good obstetrician. There's a reason that VBACs are very closely monitored in the U.S. Wherever they're going, I sincerely hope the same is true. I'm glad they're getting out of AR! I just really worry about D2,3,4, etc.

If I'm remembering correctly, the Dillards went to El Salvador when Jill was pregnant. Derick posted this picture with his link to the blog post. I'm guessing they're headed to El Salvador (and, I stress, that's a guess) or somewhere in Central America. I can't believe they'd be dumb enough to go as unskilled missionary to post-natural disaster Nepal.

post-11630-14452000506053_thumb.png

I think people here read way too much into the whole "sphere of influence" thing. I doubt Jill and Derrick are making any kind of move away from Duggar influence. And it's SUPER easy to travel anywhere in the world and not actually learn anything or become a better person. I'd say that's the case for the vast majority of international travelers. They're going to be surrounded by people with either similar beliefs or those who are desperate enough to pretend they like the stupid gringos in their mists in exchange for handouts.

Health and safety wise, they'll be fine. Any place in the world they'll go to will have areas with good doctors and healthcare...yes, even "the third world." :roll:

I don't think anyone should take offense to speculating on Jill possibly being pregnant. These are Duggars. They live to get pregnant. No one called her fat or ugly. We only commented on how firm her belly appears to be. Take a seat, relax. It wasn't body shaming. This is a Duggar and specifically Jill, who has proven that she gets pregnant pretty quickly. In my opinion, the fashion "shaming" has been just horrible around here. Calling Jill dumpy looking is not nice. I've seen a lot of people on here also pick on Jessa's gorgeous looks. People say things like "She isn't that pretty." "She has a weird chin" "Her lips are too big" "She looks like a Bratz doll" "She has resting b**** face" etc etc I've seen it all and it's not nice. So if you want to search out the shaming, check out the Jessa thread and the part where everyone is calling Jill's fashion choices "frumpy and dumpy". Also, time after time, I have seen people on here make fun of Josh's weight which is totally wrong. No one has said one word about Jill's weight. There was no body shaming period. Relax.

I think it's because some us (*me) look pregnant constantly even though we aren't. So we're just trying to explain that some people just look this way...especially after having a child. Sure, I'm not a Duggar and I have no desire to have 100 children. But it's still annoying for people to think someone is pregnant based on their gut size.

I think it's because some us (*me) look pregnant constantly even though we aren't. So we're just trying to explain that some people just look this way...especially after having a child. Sure, I'm not a Duggar and I have no desire to have 100 children. But it's still annoying for people to think someone is pregnant based on their gut size.

Clara, you seem so worked up about this. It's not healthy for you to get this stressed out about people just on speculating on a Duggar possibly being pregnant. Please, just try to relax. I mean this in the most sincere way. You are misconstruing the speculation and your own thoughts are making you feel like it's an attack on you and you're being insecure.

Clara, you seem so worked up about this. It's not healthy for you to get this stressed out about people just on speculating on a Duggar possibly being pregnant. Please, just try to relax. I mean this in the most sincere way. You are misconstruing the speculation and your own thoughts are making you feel like it's an attack on you and you're being insecure.

Nothing about her comment makes her seem 'worked up'. Maybe you shouldn't try to invalidate other people's arguments by accusing them of being too emotional.

Nothing about her comment makes her seem 'worked up'. Maybe you shouldn't try to invalidate other people's arguments by accusing them of being too emotional.

It's not just this comment. She has posted about 7 comments relating the possible Jill pregnancy to her own self in a negative way and I don't think it's healthy. That is my honest opinion. Again, no one has mentioned a word about Jill's weight. People have simply commented that her belly appears more pregnant than it did a month after giving birth. People have only speculated just as they have with Anna after each pregnancy. Jill gets pregnant pretty quick and it wouldn't be surprising. No one will know for certain until she decides to publicly make an announcement.

It's not just this comment. She has posted about 7 comments relating the possible Jill pregnancy to her own self in a negative way and I don't think it's healthy. That is my honest opinion. Again, no one has mentioned a word about Jill's weight. People have simply commented that her belly appears more pregnant than it did a month after giving birth. People have only speculated just as they have with Anna after each pregnancy. Jill gets pregnant pretty quick and it wouldn't be surprising. No one will know for certain until she decides to publicly make announcement.

For fucks sake -- what is WRONG with you? I mean this in all fake sincerity -- I'm worried about your constant need to make comments about postpartum women's belly size. It's obnoxious. It's rude. It's more than a little creepy. When women who've just had a baby in real life are asked if they are pregnant because they have a belly -- it's hurtful, and tacky as hell.

So just shut up already.

Now THAT is getting worked up about a post .

This whole thread is a work of collective fiction and whatfuckery :lol:

Starting from the drama conspiracy theorists who felt cheated CHEATED I tell you, by the fact her minute by minute obstetric medical notes were not made available to them instead they had to rely on People magazine and those lying Duggars...... The trauma!!!!

Now the fantasy has moved along nicely with a few plot twists, is she isn't she pregnant/suffering many abdominal medical afflictions/fat that along with her untested birth canal, where will this story line go!!!!!

I love the sub-plot of pretended concern for the poor baby, at least his various diagnoses have stopped, or maybe I missed some. At least pretending concern for his well being from smallpox gives a good excuse to call his parents imbeciles after all they are the only parents in the world who ever left their country for another, or should I say they may not be the only ones but they are the worst dressed and the least intelligent but it's ok to say that because ...... Patriarchy or fundamentalism. Pulling that card makes just about any offensive personal comment validated. That or JB, that's the get out of bitching jail free card. How will the plot continue? I suppose it all depends on the next inane ludicrous thought posted as fact/concern/ mind blowing insight! Exciting stuff..........

I have forgotten what good snark looks like ...... I hope it makes a comeback soon :(

For fucks sake -- what is WRONG with you? I mean this in all fake sincerity -- I'm worried about your constant need to make comments about postpartum women's belly size. It's obnoxious. It's rude. It's more than a little creepy. When women who've just had a baby in real life are asked if they are pregnant because they have a belly -- it's hurtful, and tacky as hell.

So just shut up already.

Now THAT is getting worked up about a post .

Well, I am truly sorry that I offended you (and anyone else) that I offended based on my speculation. It wasn't my intention to do so but now that I've realized how clearly upset you are, I have decided to apologize.

That has to be fakest sincere apology in history.

If I'm remembering correctly, the Dillards went to El Salvador when Jill was pregnant. Derick posted this picture with his link to the blog post. I'm guessing they're headed to El Salvador (and, I stress, that's a guess) or somewhere in Central America. I can't believe they'd be dumb enough to go as unskilled missionary to post-natural disaster Nepal.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 7.49.30 PM.png[/attachment]

I Totally agree with you! I also think they are going somewhere in Central America. Does anyone know how many times the Duggars have been there? I know at least 2 or 3 times that

some have gone. I wish Jill and Derrick the best!

I think the fact that ClaraOswin has repeatedly had to point out the fact that you can't tell if a woman is pregnant from a few pictures of her post partum says nothing about her mental stability, but more about the disgusting mindset of people on the board who reinforce the pressure on new moms to 'get back into shape' when they have a tiny human to worry about.

Apparently it's ok to trash the appearance of someone's body as long as it's purely for the reason of trying to determine pregnancy, right?

This couldn't possibly be body shaming because it does not involve their weight or their chin or something, right?

And it's okay because "fashion-shaming" is what's really bad, right?

Not buying it.

C'mon, this level of gossip is destructive nonsense and not what this forum has stated that it wants to be.

Archived