IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

Snip

Umm, not everyone is suited for a 9-5 office job. This isn't just a "Duggar thing". Derick never made any secrets about his interest in ministry. Before Jill met Derick, he had already been in Nepal for two years doing mission work. I doubt Derick would have been happy working away at Walmart for the rest of his life. I think it was always in his and Jill's plans to become missionaries one day. I don't think this is about them pursuing televangelism. That's more of Ben and Jessa's thing, IMO. Actually, I'm surprised that we haven't heard of those two fools jumping in the "ministry train" like the Dillards. Whereas I see Jill and Derick using their ministry more behind-the-scenes while they're overseas, I think Ben and Jessa really, really want to become the next power (fundie) couple.

Imagine Jessa and Bin sitting across from each other, looking deeply into one another's eyes as Bin tells his beloved wife "You are going to be the best preacher's wife, you are so beautiful!" and Jessa replies, "Yes, and you are going to be the most handsome preacher ever. We're too beautiful too Godly to not be on TV!" :cracking-up:

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine Jessa and Bin sitting across from each other, looking deeply into one another's eyes as Bin tells his beloved wife "You are going to be the best preacher's wife, you are so beautiful!" and Jessa replies, "Yes, and you are going to be the most handsome preacher ever. We're too beautiful too Godly to not be on TV!" :cracking-up:

Bin looks really tired and has bags under his eyes in the video.. wonder what was going on at the time he shot it last February? Wasn't that when he and Jessa conceived? So maybe too much screwing made him this dull empty bag on camera discussing faith with Jinger. I mean, he even has to tell us that Round Tuit is a joke. (Uhmagod). A 19 year old shouldn't have bags and dark circles under his eyes, unless he's been out partying and is hung over.

I can't see Jessa and Bin going the missionary route. Jessa is way too hooked on her lip gloss and White Strips to go full Grunge with Bin in a Third World mission. She had a hard enough time dealing with overly -friendly pigeons in Paris.

There's a new update on the Dillardfamily.com website! This time it's a link to a donation page, with transactions being handled by the Cornerstone Payment Systems. It's kind of strange because they give absolutely no other information, like what the donations are for, although we can guess that it's mostly likely for funding their mission trip. I guess Jill and Derick are waiting to make the official missionary announcement soon? Maybe through People magazine or other media channel where they can maximize their exposure.

are you freaking kidding me

they want donations

GET A F87cking job

I mean come on

this is getting ridiculous

To be honest, I don't have a problem with Derick and Jill becoming full-time missionaries if they truly feel that's their calling. I'm not interested in having a debate about how most missionaries are evil because they stunt the growth of developing countries or whatever. (actually, I'm not sure what the exact argument was, and I DON'T CARE!! :D ) I know friends who've gone on mission trips and for some, that has led to them becoming career missionaries. I generally don't think people pursue the mission field to get rich but it IS certainly possible to live a decent lifestyle and support a family. Derick and Jill won't be hurting for money.

Dill's idea of missionary work is less about going to help people, and more about conversion. I know people who do missionary work, and they have strict policies about NOT preaching to people AT ALL, jsut to get in there, help teach people how to build schools and help get them set up, and leave. That's okay. But the fundy type of missionary work that's trying to concert people for a few days, and then going and standing on a beach at sunset for photo ops is NOT.

There's a new update on the Dillardfamily.com website! This time it's a link to a donation page, with transactions being handled by the Cornerstone Payment Systems. It's kind of strange because they give absolutely no other information, like what the donations are for, although we can guess that it's mostly likely for funding their mission trip. I guess Jill and Derick are waiting to make the official missionary announcement soon? Maybe through People magazine or other media channel where they can maximize their exposure.

Without any reason, why should anybody want to give? Hey, will you all give me money? Just because I'm asking? If it works for them, maybe it'll work for me. I'll use it to buy poptarts. See? I gave a reason!

Why do fundies always call their meetings "Love Stories"? And how many people even care how random people met or got together, unless it's highly unusual or funny?

They've got the donations link up now plus Cornerstone Fundy Payment systems (it's all for Jesus) And... you can put in your email and name to get "updates" on their Mission via a newsletter they are mentioning. So they are going somewhere, we just don't know where it will be.

What saddens me is that there are so many poor places with hunger and deprivation in the deep South of USA. I guess it's sexier to hop a plane and go to another country, or maybe you get more donations helping people in Guatemala vs. Mississippi. :angry-banghead:

Can we now officially label Derrick as not a jobby-job type person? It's as though once you enter the Duggar realm you become allergic to work.

The thing I respected about his was that he had a job, and thought that maybe he had enough sense to think about how many kids he could afford. But he quit that to go off asking people to give them travel money. Derrick and Ben are both embarrassments to men. Instead of running their own households, they're both under the Duggar umbrella following daddy-in-law. It's so irresponsible to quit the job that could support your kid without already having something else pretty sure lined up.

I love how they want a non-profit when we know they will be the only ones profiting. -snip- Trying to turn Christians to Christians in El Salvador isn't charity.

I think missionary work to them is just an excuse to travel and get other people to pay for it. Give a few bags of lollipops to the local kids, call it humanitarianism, go stand on a beach.

What saddens me is that there are so many poor places with hunger and deprivation in the deep South of USA. I guess it's sexier to hop a plane and go to another country, or maybe you get more donations helping people in Guatemala vs. Mississippi. :angry-banghead:

I agree. A friend of mine was a high school teacher in a podunk Mississippi town and he posted on Facebook about how there weren't enough textbooks for the kids to all get to use them everyday, and how these are the kids who can't get out, no matter how hard they try, because the resources aren't there to educate them well enough to get out of town. Their college rate is nonexistent, and you can't move out of town to somewhere better if there aren't enough jobs.

It's a nice little fantasy to think all you need to get ahead is a desire to work hard in school, get a scholarship, and you're out. The deep south has poverty that's nearing 3rd world levels. It just doesn't make very good news, and who cares about the unclean and unlovely people when there are the Kardashians on at 8.

I think we all had this fantasy that Derick would be like a knight in shining armor, with his own self-sustaining job and identity, and swoop his family away from the Duggar compound.

Instead, we see him falling in lockstep with the clan.. jobless like his nitwit brother in law Ben, with crappy haircuts done by his wife. Instead of a headship he's more like a space ship.

So they are gonna lose the TLC gravy train and now be pimping themselves and their kid so they can faff around in foreign countries, doing religious conversions. Jill doesn't get her proper midwife qualifications due to her contact being unlicensed by the state for malpractice, so she goes overseas to catch babies for Jesus.

I get it.

Somehow working for Walmart sounded more honorable. Now they are back to pimping like they were on TLC.

This has been JUST announced by Duggars on Facebook. Jill and Derick are leaving the country in July for mission dillardfamily.com/ministry Who do you think will replace Jill and Derick in the mansion? Ben & Jessa or Josh & Anna? I wonder if this is a sign that TLC really did cancel the show since Jill & Derick had become pretty much the main stars.

post-620-14452000504757_thumb.jpg

I don't think Dill and Jill have any idea how to love or care about people, or help those truly in need. This is about them being able to travel the world and preach, not serving others.

No Duggar has shown the slightest inclination to serve the unfortunate for more than an afternoon of scooping food as a soup kitchen. Taking bibles, tshirts and backpacks to foreign countries doesn't serve anyone.

This has been JUST announced by Duggars on Facebook. Jill and Derick are leaving the country in July for mission dillardfamily.com/ministry Who do you think will replace Jill and Derick in the mansion? Ben & Jessa or Josh & Anna? I wonder if this is a sign that TLC really did cancel the show since Jill & Derick had become pretty much the main stars.

Obviously fans will donate. I just don't understand why anyone else would donate. Jill and Derick and better off then most young married couples. I would find it hard to believe they did not get a nice start from the TLC specials and magazines covers. They have had no major expenses since marriage (free home & car). Are these donations so they can live well (above the average person) in the country they are going to? or for Bibles to hand out?

I went on a short mission trip sponsored by my high school when I was 18. I paid $400 for my plane ticket and stayed in very bare bones housing and spent my days working on projects or teaching(skills not religion). Jill and Derick should have plenty money to buy plane tickets and pay for a decent apartment and food for a year or more. Why should their fans or fellow like minded believers who most likely has much less have to donate? Why isn't Jim Bob opening his wallet. He can blow 250,000k on an election but can't give Jill and Derick 40k (one episode salary) to live on while serving the Lord?

I don't think Dill and Jill have any idea how to love or care about people, or help those truly in need. This is about them being able to travel the world and preach, not serving others.

No Duggar has shown the slightest inclination to serve the unfortunate for more than an afternoon of scooping food as a soup kitchen. Taking bibles, tshirts and backpacks to foreign countries doesn't serve anyone.

I think Derick has more of a heart and maybe can lead Jill out of her self-centered Duggar perspective. Maybe this is his way of breaking his family away from the Duggars all the while doing something he personally finds fulfilling.

Now that we know they ARE going on a mission... wonder where it is? Derick says an opportunity came up. I wonder if they have decided to go back to Nepal and help out there again.

I suppose it will be more exciting than being a bean counter at Walmart.

I'm guessing Smugs & family will get the Stoneybrook house while their foreclosure nightmare house is overhauled by the family. Ben and Jessa seem content to be in a small place, and Jessa certainly is playing her own tune by not doing a gender reveal. (Gosh, what will it be.. pink or blue?)

The thing I respected about his was that he had a job, and thought that maybe he had enough sense to think about how many kids he could afford. But he quit that to go off asking people to give them travel money. Derrick and Ben are both embarrassments to men. Instead of running their own households, they're both under the Duggar umbrella following daddy-in-law. It's so irresponsible to quit the job that could support your kid without already having something else pretty sure lined up.

I think missionary work to them is just an excuse to travel and get other people to pay for it. Give a few bags of lollipops to the local kids, call it humanitarianism, go stand on a beach.

At least it'll be fun to watch them crash and burn. Feel bad for the numerous innocent children they'll bring into that shit storm though.

Taking bibles, tshirts and backpacks to foreign countries doesn't serve anyone.

Wrong! It serves Jill and Derrick! They get to feel superior and godly and smart. "Sorry if you don't have food or clean water, but here's a bible. Pray about it! Gotta catch my plane back to the states and my free mansion. See ya!"

I think Derick has more of a heart and maybe can lead Jill out of her self-centered Duggar perspective. Maybe this is his way of breaking his family away from the Duggars all the while doing something he personally finds fulfilling.

Now that we know they ARE going on a mission... wonder where it is? Derick says an opportunity came up. I wonder if they have decided to go back to Nepal and help out there again.

I suppose it will be more exciting than being a bean counter at Walmart.

Nah, Jill has an overbearing personality and I doubt whatever Derick says will change her mind. J. Only picks out yes men for his daughters. Derek is just as fundy as Jill now.

I think it's shitty they're already asking for donations, but I'm not surprised.

At least it'll be fun to watch them crash and burn. Feel bad for the numerous innocent children they'll bring into that shit storm though.

I'm guessing they feel it times get rough, Derick can run on down to the supermarket and stock up on bananas. You know, for all their "little monkeys."

They go abroad because the people are more igorant and easier to convert. Well they seem that way. But all the money spend could actually doing good over just going and preaching.

I am really concerned about her possibly having her next baby overseas. She had so many complications with Israel's birth.

Did anyone else have trouble understanding that ministry update? The grammar was atrocious. For a college graduate, Derick is not very articulate.

Nah, Jill has an overbearing personality and I doubt whatever Derick says will change her mind. J. Only picks out yes men for his daughters. Derek is just as fundy as Jill now.

I think it's shitty they're already asking for donations, but I'm not surprised.

I'm guessing the consultant told them to hurry things up with the web site and announcement about the mission, while they are still in the news. That way they can score more cash from leghumpers who need some way to support the family now that it looks like TLC will be dumping the 19 Kids show.

Now Derick's out of work and they must be packing and getting set to leave the country with Izzie. Pretty selfish taking a new baby to some hole in the wall place.

Oh good. I am sure there are tons of countries who are just clamoring to be helped by a student midwife trained solely under someone who had her license revoked an early career corporate accountant with a three month old baby. I am sure their unique skill set and expertise will be a real boon to whatever community they go to /s

Archived