IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

:pink-shock:

Seriously? You seriously thought that was a good idea to say?

Right? What the hell?

-A Jew who is eating Ramen tonight because she fell in love with a pair of shoes on Friday

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding vaccines --- they can also get their children vaccinated at the appropriate time in wherever country they are in. Here a chart with vaccine rates. It doesn't seem like they would have any difficulty:

/data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.IMM.IDPT

According to the airplane thread and instagram clues, the Dillards attended Derick's cousin's wedding today in Oklahoma City. No pics of her yet. Looks like another mainstream wedding, with immodest women and fun. The cousin, found on instagram at @taradillard_ is a college graduateand musician. The groom's profile pic on instagram has a rainbow filter!

According to the airplane thread and instagram clues, the Dillards attended Derick's cousin's wedding today in Oklahoma City. No pics of her yet. Looks like another mainstream wedding, with immodest women and fun. The cousin, found on instagram at @taradillard_ is a college graduateand musician. The groom's profile pic on instagram has a rainbow filter!

Maybe we'll see more pics of Derick awkwardly shoveling spaghetti in his mouth while averting his gaze from scandalous wedding dances! :pray:

My imaginary friend just told me that I should go to the Caribbean so I can tell people how super cool he is. I think he really wants me to go to 5 star resorts, because my imaginary friend would only want the best for me. I'm setting up a page to get funding, because working, saving and planning just seems like too much work. Anyone want to donate?

Maybe we'll see more pics of Derick awkwardly shoveling spaghetti in his mouth while averting his gaze from scandalous wedding dances! :pray:

The wedding ceremony said there would be "dessert, drinks, and dancing!"

It was also at 7:30p.m. with cocktail attire.

I am sure that, in the past, Derrick would at least be dancing at his cousin's wedding, if not drinking as well. I wonder if Derrick feels any resentment over the fact that he can no longer do the simple things he did before he married Jill. Things normal people wouldn't have to give up once married. As he was Pistol Pete, it's obvious Derrick had no problem with dancing in the past. I wonder if Jill ever thinks about Derrick having to give up these normal activities because she wasn't raised that way and it's effect on him. I am a horrible dancer and don't usually go out on the dance floor but I cannot imagine agreeing to stay away from it because my husband disapproves. Of course, I would never marry anyone that wanted that type of control anyway.

pickles posted that since the duggars every year go to central america in july and now that the Dillards are off to Nepal in July it's going to be a joint thing. So they will what leave the dillards there -

Thanks for reporting on the wedding. :geek: So, he'll shovel cake into his mouth while averting his gaze. The plane was scheduled to take off for Harrison (Dan Dillard's town) twenty minutes ago (10 pm local time), but hasn't left yet. That's either a short wedding, or Dan's wrapping up early.

Thanks for reporting on the wedding. :geek: So, he'll shovel cake into his mouth while averting his gaze. The plane was scheduled to take off for Harrison (Dan Dillard's town) twenty minutes ago (10 pm local time), but hasn't left yet. That's either a short wedding, or Dan's wrapping up early.

Does Dan work? Maybe he has to be up early tomorrow.

I really hope we can see some Derick pictures at this wedding. I would love it if we saw him in the background of one on the dance floor or something. Though I doubt that will happen.

Do you guy think Jill specifically asked him to go along with her lifestyle things (like no dancing) or do you think Derick himself just doesn't do them out of 'respect' or something for her? Obviously we'll never know. But it's something I've wondered about.

If anyone wants to stalk his cousin's wedding photos on Instagram.... Palmereverafter is the hash tag people are using.

https://instagram.com/explore/tags/palmereverafter/

Not too many photos up yet. I see one video. No sign of Derick or Jill that I can see.

(Love that in an older picture with that tag, her husband has a Kelly Kapowski shirt on.)

Looks like a very classy wedding. No sightings yet! I feel like Jill would try and be polite but is probably uncomfortable.

In other Dillard news, I noticed a couple weeks back that Dan's [what-we-assumed-to-be-his] ex girlfriend, Chelsea, posted a pic of them together, so I guess they are still making it work.

Wouldn't Jillymuffin have to dance if Derrick wanted her to? You know, umbrella of authority and all?

Does Dan work? Maybe he has to be up early tomorrow.

I really hope we can see some Derick pictures at this wedding. I would love it if we saw him in the background of one on the dance floor or something. Though I doubt that will happen.

Do you guy think Jill specifically asked him to go along with her lifestyle things (like no dancing) or do you think Derick himself just doesn't do them out of 'respect' or something for her? Obviously we'll never know. But it's something I've wondered about.

Option A: Jill is not comfortable dancing. I could imagine it might be something he'd ask if she was comfortable with. She'd say no b/c it's not familiar, and that would be that. He is clearly under her control, oddly enough given the whole patriarchy thing.

Option B: Derick and JB prayed about it, and the agreement is it is OK to go b/c these are close relations, and as long as they are not 'tempted' by the dancing/alcohol/other bad things it continues to be ok to attend.

I think Derick fell down the rabbit hole between Pistol Pete and meeting the Duggars (right about when he decided to contact JB as a 'prayer partner') and is probably on the 'no dancing' side himself now. He may count being Pistol Pete as an 'exception' to the rule (not sure how, but they manage to justify all sorts of things to themselves that don't make sense to me).

Wouldn't Jillymuffin have to dance if Derrick wanted her to? You know, umbrella of authority and all?

I don't know how this one works in Gothardland, but at least PP once said in a sermon that a wife doesn't have to do anything that would be against God's laws, even if her husband would demand it from her. Same goes for children (who, for example, should refuse to lie, as it is a sin, even if the parents want them to).

However, Godhardland has in many areas even more bizarre rules than PPs cult, so who knows.

Do we even know for certain that the Duggars vaccinate their kids or that the Dillards are? I see from a previous thread here (viewtopic.php?f=87&t=740) that no one seems to know for sure, and looking to sources outside FJ, all I found were more rumors and speculation. If indeed they don't vaccinate, then voila! Bringing a baby abroad shouldn't be an issue from their perspective.

I don't know if they vaccinate or not, but I do recall the episode where most of the kids had chickenpox. Vaccines aren't foolproof, but having that many children be ill at the same time (i.e. transmitting/catching the virus) is highly unlikely if they were all vaccinated.

Boy, the comments on Radar are brutal concerning them asking for money for their mission!

I would give to my local food bank before I gave people going off for Baby Jesus and serving their own zealous needs. They need to give their own money.

And also, no word for sure about where they are going and what they will be doing. Just give us money????

Some not-so-organized thoughts on missionary work...

I was raised Fundie Lite, and though we weren't missionaries, we spent a lot of time overseas (Israel, Egypt, & Lebanon, primarily) and many of the expats we knew were missionaries. While I've always been uncomfortable with conversion-based missionary work, we did get to know many people who were doing very worthwhile things -- two Dutch families that were helping disabled and impoverished Egyptians earn an income through craft (pottery and textiles, I think?), others who were involved in health care, etc. I have a lot of respect for long-term commitments like theirs, because they chose to live among those they served, live very much like them, their children attended their schools, and they were fluent in local languages.

That said, some of my and my sister's high school friends have gone on to become missionaries, and every couple months I receive their "care letters" detailing what they're up to. My high school friend's letters are very "results-oriented," and she asks us to pray that people get over their fears (of familial rejection, and in some cases, real danger) and come to Christ. That kind of thing makes me very uncomfortable. She, a blonde & blue-eyed Midwesterner, is asking people to take on risks to life and livelihood that she is not likely to face, and if anything goes really wrong, her government can parachute in and rescue her.

As far as health care goes, many of the American missionary families we knew would spend a lot of the summer back in the States. (Heck, I think most people would skip July in Cairo if they could. HOT!) This gave them an opportunity to see friends and family back home, eat Doritos, and get their health looked after. Many of them would return to the States to give birth or have major medical care. One of our family friends has had to move her family (three young kids) back from Madagascar while they deal with complications from an eye infection. So I think the Dillards would be able to travel back for major medical care they could foresee, like birth.

I have very little experience with the medical facilities in any of the countries we lived, as we were a pretty healthy bunch. My brother once had to have stitches in Jordan, and they handled that splendidly.

I would give to my local food bank before I gave people going off for Baby Jesus and serving their own zealous needs. They need to give their own money.

And also, no word for sure about where they are going and what they will be doing. Just give us money????

They haven't said, but aren't all the pictures on the announcement post on their blog from their travels in Nepal (I think?)? They must have pictures from their time in El Salvador, so perhaps that's significant?

They haven't said, but aren't all the pictures on the announcement post on their blog from their travels in Nepal (I think?)? They must have pictures from their time in El Salvador, so perhaps that's significant?

On the instagram announcements, Derrick posted a pic from El Salavador, and Jill posted a pic from Nepal... so who knows!

What do you think, Jill far left? I think so

11326401_1650078618562453_2002754644_n.jpg

I'm typically one of those who doesn't care how Jill dresses. Honestly, I'm not the most fashion-forward person myself, and I can even see why she might pick the skirt-and-top combo for the Alive festival speaking engagement, since pretty much everyone else there is dressed exactly the same way.

But wearing the skirt and top+modesty panel at a wedding? Seriously? Everyone else looks so posh next to her by comparison. It's a fancy wedding, why not just find a pretty modest dress with a neckline that she likes?

Archived