IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

If Chad Gallager helped them with PR after Josh's exposure, they need to ask for a refund because he did a horrible job.

Can we now officially label Derrick as not a jobby-job type person? It's as though once you enter the Duggar realm you become allergic to work. They cannot be dumb enough to think that they can make TLC type money on this venture. I love how they want a non-profit when we know they will be the only ones profiting. It isn't as though Duggars are known for their charity work. Trying to turn Christians to Christians in El Salvador isn't charity.

Jill and Derrick are dull. Neither are dynamic speakers. Every televangelist has some type of charisma or fire that drives people to want to follow them. Love them or hate them, they have a talent for it. The Dillards and the Duggars lack that quality. They are just bland. If there had not been a reality show, none of these people would be of interest to anyone.

Umm, not everyone is suited for a 9-5 office job. This isn't just a "Duggar thing". Derick never made any secrets about his interest in ministry. Before Jill met Derick, he had already been in Nepal for two years doing mission work. I doubt Derick would have been happy working away at Walmart for the rest of his life. I think it was always in his and Jill's plans to become missionaries one day. I don't think this is about them pursuing televangelism. That's more of Ben and Jessa's thing, IMO. Actually, I'm surprised that we haven't heard of those two fools jumping in the "ministry train" like the Dillards. Whereas I see Jill and Derick using their ministry more behind-the-scenes while they're overseas, I think Ben and Jessa really, really want to become the next power (fundie) couple.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the palate expansion as a pre-teen with my braces

it's an awful contraption that is cemented in to a molar on each side, then there is a key that must be turned every day to allow for the expansion--the entire process took about 6 months but as they were moving I was left with a huge gap (the size of 2 adult teeth) in the front (thankfully for me this part was over the summer before 6th grade) it eventually closed (or rather filled in) b/c of the braces but took a couple of months.

it is possible that he didn't have to expand as much to get his teeth to fit as i did, I still think there would be some pics of him with a gap in the front (no matter how much moving needed to be done)

I think he looks goofy now. I like scruffy men myself but i think he just looks like a big ol' mess right now

and anniversary pics? that's the weirdest thing ever. I actually got married around the time Jill did--my husband and I only got wedding pics done (no engagement or anniversary pics) I think they're just trying to keep the clock at 14:59:59 as long as they can

I had that same expander with the key. I hated it so much.

I think he just needed to shower before the second picture. He looks dirty.

I get the impression that she's another SAHD "photographer." I don't know if she's considered the best of that category, if she's just benefitting from Duggar exposure, or happens to hang out in the same fundie circles as the Duggars and they all hire her, but she's not that great. Her favorite shot according to her instagram was the one where Jill's nail polish was the first place my eyes went, and the color really detracted from everything else in the photo. I feel like Jinger takes better pictures.

Makes sense, and IMHO Jinger is much better and more creative with both her shots and posing of subjects!

I like the picture where they're standing, and she has her arms around his shoulders, and he's kissing her head. The color in that is good, and I think it's well composed.

One thing I've noticed about Jill recently, basically almost since her wedding: her manic eyes are gone. Her eyes aren't being held widely open, as she used to do nearly constantly before. With a relaxed face, she appears very happy, and young. I like it.

I get the impression that she's another SAHD "photographer." I don't know if she's considered the best of that category, if she's just benefitting from Duggar exposure, or happens to hang out in the same fundie circles as the Duggars and they all hire her, but she's not that great. Her favorite shot according to her instagram was the one where Jill's nail polish was the first place my eyes went, and the color really detracted from everything else in the photo. I feel like Jinger takes better pictures.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of Elizabeth's work either. That being said, I suspect she was the one who offered to shoot Derick and Jill's anniversary photos, not the other way around. She probably saw it as a good business opportunity since she mentioned she was in town that weekend anyway to shoot a separate wedding. Derick and Jill are by far one of her biggest clients. The publicity she got from Jill thanking her on social media would have been more than worth covering whatever expenses. Though if I were the photographer, I don't think the photo I would have chosen to be featured all over People would be one where the client looks like he has weird foot/hand/penis hybrid. Oh well :lol:

I had the palate expansion as a pre-teen with my braces

it's an awful contraption that is cemented in to a molar on each side, then there is a key that must be turned every day to allow for the expansion--the entire process took about 6 months but as they were moving I was left with a huge gap (the size of 2 adult teeth) in the front (thankfully for me this part was over the summer before 6th grade) it eventually closed (or rather filled in) b/c of the braces but took a couple of months.

it is possible that he didn't have to expand as much to get his teeth to fit as i did, I still think there would be some pics of him with a gap in the front (no matter how much moving needed to be done)

I think he looks goofy now. I like scruffy men myself but i think he just looks like a big ol' mess right now

and anniversary pics? that's the weirdest thing ever. I actually got married around the time Jill did--my husband and I only got wedding pics done (no engagement or anniversary pics) I think they're just trying to keep the clock at 14:59:59 as long as they can

Those kind of palate expanded only work before the palate fuses during the teenage years. Derick would be too old for that type by now which is why he had to have surgery where I imagine they cut his upper jaw or palate or something. Yikes! I don't even know why that would be necessary in his case if he wasn't having any functional problems.

Yes. I am uncomfortable looking at him. It seems odd that he would do this as an adult and not during the more usual braces time frame, i.e., teenage years.

I would think it would seem very odd to have your face change that much.

I have a friend who had a required surgery when she was around Dericks age. Basically she and her older brother were both born with some type of condition - I don't remember the specifics other then it was related to jaw and impacted her breathing and eventually eating. Before the surgery she had braces and etc, and she had to wait until a certain age to have the required surgery which essentially broke and realigned her jaw. After the surgery she had a new different set of braces that helped keep her mouth in alignment until everything healed properly. The surgery was painful, and it completely changed the entire shape of her face. Her older brother had the same condition and went through the same surgery at the same age. I suspect that Derick had the same surgery, since he now has braces and a dramatically different face. I feel for him - I watched one person go through that and it is not at all pleasant.

If we needed any evidence that Derrick is going full-on fundie, this is it; leaving a respectable corporate position to start a "ministry." What kind of advice or aid could these two possibly provide? The Duggar name is mud now, and without a show, even their leghumpers are going to forget about them and move on to the next fundie fad, which at this rate could possibly be polygamy or child brides (thinking specifically about the Marantha story and how that has been received). :?

I wouldn't say working for WalMart, helping them hide their money, dodge taxes, feed more money than 40% of Americans have combined to the Waltons, and leech off of the public teat keeping their employees abused and impoverished "respectable"

More like "arrestable"

Wow. Just wow. 39k is a good salary for a family of 3 in AR. And Derick gave that up for this? How is this remotely a good idea? Maybe if it was just the two of them, but they've got a baby and Jill will keep popping them out.

I can't even imagine them being speakers. Jill will just talk over Derick and repeat "precious" "excited" "and um" "ahhhh" and "that's crazy" over and over.

There are all kinds of scams you can pull. Your house becomes a tax-free "rectory". Your car belongs to the church, it's one big shelter.

Allegedly, and I don't know if this is true 100%, the Duggar house is a "church" and an "orphanage" because theIr rabbit warren has enough people and children to qualify the way the law is written

This is one of the engagement/wedding invite photos. She was so slender. Wonder if she'll ever see that body again.

https://instagram.com/p/mks1QbGlbZ/?taken-by=duggarfam

Good lord, who cares? The only POSSIBLE person who should have any kind of vested interest in this is Jill herself, and maybe Derick. If anyone out there is sitting at home wasting time thinking about and worrying about how Jill looks and speculating about how she might look in the future, I have to say I seriously think something is wrong with them.

Not saying anything else other sane people haven't already said before me but

1. All bodies adjust differently after a pregnancy. Some women CAN snap back and look more or less the same with varying degrees of effort (for some this would/does require extreme effort and quite some time, for other lucky ducks they don't even really have to try and they look just as before within 12 weeks). Some women, no matter how hard they try, will NEVER look the same again after a pregnancy.

2. There is NOTHING morally superior about looking just like you did before after you have a baby, and there is no gold medal of honor if you manage to do it faster than anyone else.

3. Much as people would like to believe otherwise to restore their sense of justice in the world or something, there is NO WAY to tell by looking at someone who had a baby less than three months ago how hard they are trying to get the weight off or what they are going to look like a year from now. Jill might be trying or not. Jill might be active or not. Jill might eventually be slim again or not.

4. Unless you are Jill or her doctor you should not care how thin Jill is. I already said this but it really bears repeating. I think any sane person would agree she is not so overweight (even discounting the fact that she JUST had a baby) that you could realistically claim to be concerned for her future health if she doesn't lose some weight like some people try to claim they are about Josh. She is at a normal weight which anyone who goes outside and doesn't just watch insanely thin hollywood actors on their computer very well knows. She is not even overweight, she is just (admittedly) clearly not as slim as she was.

I find this talk to be offensive to women generally and to new mothers specifically. It implies that women should strive to look a certain way and moreover should do so WHATEVER is going on in their lives. gave birth 10 weeks ago and not the size 2 you once were? Shame and destruction on you!

I am sorry but I reject this.

Makes sense, and IMHO Jinger is much better and more creative with both her shots and posing of subjects!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I never understand why this family doesn't have Jinger take all their (non-magazine) professional photos.

What is with the trend of engagement/wedding/anniversary/couples photos where the man is basically headless? I don't get it. I've seen this in a lot of photos the last few years. Why bother takings couples pictures if the man is cropped out? Is he of that little importance to the whole thing?

I like the picture where they're standing, and she has her arms around his shoulders, and he's kissing her head. The color in that is good, and I think it's well composed.

One thing I've noticed about Jill recently, basically almost since her wedding: her manic eyes are gone. Her eyes aren't being held widely open, as she used to do nearly constantly before. With a relaxed face, she appears very happy, and young. I like it.

I agree - that picture is pretty adorable.

Jill looks far more relaxed now then she did just a year ago. I think part of it may be the fact that she's viewed as a full-fledged adult in her culture now - its possible that she is starting to settle into her new life as well. She's had a full year to get to know her husband better and get used to all the changes that happened.

I do think that the pictures aren't that great - better than I could do for sure, but they aren't exactly the best either. I will say that Jill and Derick seem extremely happy and appear to be really comfortable around each other in those pictures though. They aren't as rigid as they were in some of their wedding photos, which is a good thing to me.

There are all kinds of scams you can pull. Your house becomes a tax-free "rectory". Your car belongs to the church, it's one big shelter.

Allegedly, and I don't know if this is true 100%, the Duggar house is a "church" and an "orphanage" because theIr rabbit warren has enough people and children to qualify the way the law is written[/quote]

Discussed and discarded.

Could this be their "big news" from the preview of the season that may never air? Planning for Derrick to quit his job may have been in the works for a while, if he has any brains he would at least budget for it and work a little while more before actually doing it.

If Chad Gallager helped them with PR after Josh's exposure, they need to ask for a refund because he did a horrible job.

For all we know, maybe he did help - maybe they would've been even worse! :lol: Or more likely, they were un-help-able from the start.

$39K in Arkansas would give them something like $2 grand a month after taxes. Might not be enough for Jill's pedicure habit.

I'm trying to envision Derick as a preacher. He didn't get the hair spray memo yet.. his look is too old school hippy right now, with the messy bangs. Maybe Boob can give him a lesson in spraying it down tight to look the part.

Derick going for the ministry I don't think was him sitting there with spreadsheets and looking at the figures... I'm guessing since he has no problem going to speaking engagements, traveling, spreading the gospel, etc etc. AND getting applauded everytime he and Jillymuffin kiss, and having everyone not only encouraging him to keep knocking her up, hoping they will beat Meechelle's record.

All of this sounds a lot more fun (and profitable) and less tedious work than spending the next 40 years in a cubicle.

For all we know, maybe he did help - maybe they would've been even worse! :lol: Or more likely, they were un-help-able from the start.

This ^^^^

I can't even imagine working with JB & M. JB seems to listen to no one other than himself. How can you contain the mess & keep the message on point with someone like him? My guess even Olivia Pope couldn't handle the Duggar Scandal!

Here's the guy who helped them form the non profit...

Gallagher-websized-240x300.jpg

Looks like maybe the Duggars got hooked up with this guy by Mike Huckabee to do damage control with the Josh situation. Maybe he then went and helped Jill and Derick. I'll bet they have been advised by his company even up to what they post on Instagram. take a look at his profile:

Our team is led by our founder and company owner, Chad Gallagher. Chad has a wealth of experience in municipal and state government , as well as small business . His skills are utilized to bring our clients the finest services available.

He is a graduate of Ouachita Baptist University, a former mayor and a trusted advisor to former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee , for whom he served as a senior advisor during his term as Governor and his presidential bid. Chad continues to advise Governor Huckabee and serves as the director of his PAC. Chad graduated from OBU with a bachelor’s degree in political science and history. After working in campaigns for then US Senate and Lieutenant Governor candidate, Mike Huckabee, Chad and his wife Jessica located in De Queen and opened their own business. In 1998 he became the youngest mayor in the nation. As the mayor of De Queen Chad led a strong and progressive effort to improve the community, enhance downtown, recruit jobs and secure millions of dollars in public and private grant funds. In 2003 Chad formally joined the Huckabee administration in the Governor’s Office. There he served as a policy advisor to the Governor for city, county and local affairs, oversaw the Governor’s legislative war room, appointments to boards and commissions and intergovernmental affairs including the office’s relationship with the White House and the Congressional delegation. During this time Gallagher also handled the Governor’s political affairs and worked with the state party, national party, the presidential race and countless efforts on behalf of numerous candidates.

Derrick starting up a ministry is more logical than Gil Bates, college graduate and state wrestling champ leaving his corporate job at Nabisco to start a tree removal service and live the Gothard life with wife Kelly Jo (also a college graduate).

Here's the guy who helped them form the non profit...

post-11800-14452000506604_thumb.jpg

Looks like maybe the Duggars got hooked up with this guy by Mike Huckabee to do damage control with the Josh situation. Maybe he then went and helped Jill and Derick. I'll bet they have been advised by his company even up to what they post on Instagram. take a look at his profile:

Our team is led by our founder and company owner, Chad Gallagher. Chad has a wealth of experience in municipal and state government , as well as small business . His skills are utilized to bring our clients the finest services available.

He is a graduate of Ouachita Baptist University, a former mayor and a trusted advisor to former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee , for whom he served as a senior advisor during his term as Governor and his presidential bid. Chad continues to advise Governor Huckabee and serves as the director of his PAC. Chad graduated from OBU with a bachelor’s degree in political science and history. After working in campaigns for then US Senate and Lieutenant Governor candidate, Mike Huckabee, Chad and his wife Jessica located in De Queen and opened their own business. In 1998 he became the youngest mayor in the nation. As the mayor of De Queen Chad led a strong and progressive effort to improve the community, enhance downtown, recruit jobs and secure millions of dollars in public and private grant funds. In 2003 Chad formally joined the Huckabee administration in the Governor’s Office. There he served as a policy advisor to the Governor for city, county and local affairs, oversaw the Governor’s legislative war room, appointments to boards and commissions and intergovernmental affairs including the office’s relationship with the White House and the Congressional delegation. During this time Gallagher also handled the Governor’s political affairs and worked with the state party, national party, the presidential race and countless efforts on behalf of numerous candidates.

How old is this picture? Everything about screams not of this century, but then again, so do the Duggars and their ilk.

The photo on the site is copyright 2015. He seems like the typical right wing operative type. I am guessing he has been hired to try to help the Duggars with crisis management. I posted a quote from another crisis management firm in New York who said that the Duggar situation is beyond repair.

They are probably trying to salvage something for the kids to continue with TLC... would not be surprised if this firm also coached Boob and Michelle before the Fox News interview, and perhaps the firm also arranged that interview as well. It's probably all favors from Mike Huckabee to help the family out.

If they've set up the Dillards with a little family ministry non-profit, then I wonder if the Seewalds will be next to form a ministry for Bin. If that video on the Duggar blog was anything to go by, Bin has absolutely no charisma or camera presence. He could barely look at the camera and his presentation was cringe-worthy.

Bin's cardboard preacher performance:

[bBvideo 560,340:26kux5qe]

[/bBvideo]

There's a new update on the Dillardfamily.com website! This time it's a link to a donation page, with transactions being handled by the Cornerstone Payment Systems. It's kind of strange because they give absolutely no other information, like what the donations are for, although we can guess that it's mostly likely for funding their mission trip. I guess Jill and Derick are waiting to make the official missionary announcement soon? Maybe through People magazine or other media channel where they can maximize their exposure.

Archived