IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are asking for money, it seems they could at least describe the "opportunity" in some way. And I hope Jill gets good care for her pregnancies. Which will be many. So, I guess her main focus will be their children, while Derick bring Jesus to people somewhere in the world.

I am not excited.

Without any reason, why should anybody want to give? Hey, will you all give me money? Just because I'm asking? If it works for them, maybe it'll work for me. I'll use it to buy poptarts. See? I gave a reason!

Why do fundies always call their meetings "Love Stories"? And how many people even care how random people met or got together, unless it's highly unusual or funny?

If you set up a fundraiser page and explicitly state you want the money for Pop Tarts, DGayle, I'd feel safe saying you'd have thousands within a week if you promoted the page heavily enough. One person got over $30,000 and admitted they wanted it for potato salad ingredients. People will give just for the humor value of it.

What sickens me is that the Dillards already have a built-in fan base from the show. They've already learned how to grift effectively. And now, with the molestation scandal out there and people supporting and feeling sorry for Jill, their adoring public is ripe for the next Dilly grift.

Instead of the buck in a truck, poundings, and multiple registries, they'll ask for money for their mission trip. And probably make a million+ in a week or less.

I am sure that a big part of their "ministry" will be spreading the word about Cornerstone Payments to all their missionary friends. Cornerstone has a referral program and they will get a percentage of every transaction made by people or businesses that they convince to use Cornerstone.

Edit to add this link. This is an example of their referral program.

tonyadamo.doodlekit.com/

There's a new update on the Dillardfamily.com website! This time it's a link to a donation page, with transactions being handled by the Cornerstone Payment Systems. It's kind of strange because they give absolutely no other information, like what the donations are for, although we can guess that it's mostly likely for funding their mission trip. I guess Jill and Derick are waiting to make the official missionary announcement soon? Maybe through People magazine or other media channel where they can maximize their exposure.

The put the Diilards money grab link on the Official Duggar Family Facebook page and there are many, many people not happy about them asking for money and not saying where they are going or what it is for. First gay marriage and now leghumpers getting ticked off...what a great year for the a Duggars.

What saddens me is that there are so many poor places with hunger and deprivation in the deep South of USA. I guess it's sexier to hop a plane and go to another country, or maybe you get more donations helping people in Guatemala vs. Mississippi. :angry-banghead:

I agree. Rural Eastern Oklahoma has horrible poverty and some of the places I've been there honestly look like they could be a stereotypical third-world country. I've seen big families living in tiny shacks; one I remember in particular was a family of about 9 who lived together in one trailer that had all its doors and windows knocked out. There really are kids starving there and many of those kids grow up never even learning to read because the schools are so bad. It's thus incredibly difficult for them to escape poverty and so the cycle continues.

I've been all over the world, but the most shocking poverty I've seen is in Oklahoma, just about an hour's drive from where Jill and Derick are living now.

There was a Diane Sawyer documentary about Appalachian children (

) that also made an impact on me more recently. It's very sad, but worth watching. One thing that stuck out to me there was an Indian doctor running a clinic in the mountains there and he said the poverty he saw there was much worse than what he saw in India.

There definitely is an idea that there's America the great and then there are other countries full of poor, starving people, but America is one of those countries.

Without any reason, why should anybody want to give? Hey, will you all give me money? Just because I'm asking? If it works for them, maybe it'll work for me. I'll use it to buy poptarts. See? I gave a reason!

Why do fundies always call their meetings "Love Stories"? And how many people even care how random people met or got together, unless it's highly unusual or funny?

if I send you money for poptarts

will you send me money for a toothbrush

see this is fun :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Why isn't their own church supporting them? Don't they go to that mega church Cross Church? Usually, the church would support the missionaries financially. I don't understand why they are asking for donations...

Why isn't their own church supporting them? Don't they go to that mega church Cross Church? Usually, the church would support the missionaries financially. I don't understand why they are asking for donations...

This is the training manual for missionaries from Cross Church. It says donations should be made to Cross Church, so I guess the Dillard's trip is not with Cross Church.

crosschurch.com/am-site/media/general-training-manual.pdf

The Dillards have a link to SOS missionaries and a few groups that they could be possibilities. SOS has a section about the Duggars on their website and mention their trips were featured on the show. I hope TLC isn't going to be taping this trip for a spin off show!

Could they be using this "call from God" into shopping their own spin off?

Why would they do this ? can't they wait till he is older

and what happens when she gets pregnant again - will she have the baby there? I wonder how long they are actually going ?

are they doing this to top Jessa's desire to adopt ?

I agree - that picture is pretty adorable.

Jill looks far more relaxed now then she did just a year ago. I think part of it may be the fact that she's viewed as a full-fledged adult in her culture now - its possible that she is starting to settle into her new life as well. She's had a full year to get to know her husband better and get used to all the changes that happened.

I do think that the pictures aren't that great - better than I could do for sure, but they aren't exactly the best either. I will say that Jill and Derick seem extremely happy and appear to be really comfortable around each other in those pictures though. They aren't as rigid as they were in some of their wedding photos, which is a good thing to me.

That photographer could definitely use someone not close to the pictures to edit out the ones that shouldn't represent her as a professional.

And it's funny yet sad bc it's accurate when you stated "she's had a full year to get to know her husband." Sigh.

At least it'll be fun to watch them crash and burn. Feel bad for the numerous innocent children they'll bring into that shit storm though.

If there were any justice in the world, that is exactly what would happen. I want nothing more than to see those two end up with a dime of income. But, alas, evil always wins. Plenty of fundies and simpleton fangirls will donate.

Oh, well. I do find it comforting that today's SCOTUS decision was probably really distressing to them. :D

Remember when people on this board thought that Derick was going to rescue Jill from fundamentalism?

And how some would handslap those who rightly pointed that Jill is as fanatical as her parent made her and that Derrick "Hey Jim Bob want to be my prayer partner" "Spent 2 years annoying the fuck out of the people of Nepal" Dillard was obviously just as fanatical?

Good times.

Because Derick decided he wanted to go and Duggars can't be bothered with going through any kind of system. This way there is no limit on how much money they get, what they spend it on, and how or where they go. They can make up their own rules instead of following Cross Church's. The Duggars always know better.

Plus Joshie gets a little piece of the action too.

In case people aren't following the other thread I thought I'd add it here....

Jill and Derick are moving (no mention of where yet) to do missionary work.

dillardfamily.com/ministry

They go abroad because the people are more igorant and easier to convert. Well they seem that way. But all the money spend could actually doing good over just going and preaching.

Not tryin' to start sh*t but... are you meaning this is the way Jill and Derek view missionary work? Or did you actually just say that people abroad are ignorant and easier to convert (while ironically misspelling ignorant...and entirely failing to account for the fact that 'abroad' means foreign or widespread and even your own country is 'abroad' from every where but there)? If the latter, please check your own ignorance before posting here.

I think they'll go somewhere with a Spanish speaking population. Jill was the one who got the family involved with Josiah's special friend for Spanish lessons. She definitely was portrayed as the Duggar most passionate about learning a second language. And she always said that she hoped to use those language skills as a missionary. And the Duggars make that annual SOS ministries trip to areas around Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala-- that's my bet on location, especially with the recent disaster in Nepal.

How long before the Dillards become the next Shraders? Though they'll probably be more successful than the Shraders in their efforts with raising money since the leghumpers will want to contribute to such a wonderful cause :roll:

I find it slightly interesting that Cornerstone Payment Processing is an ISO of Woodforest Bank.

Woodforest is a bank located inside Walmart stores. In my area they are known for being a bank for shady people that can't get a checking account at any other banks because of bad credit.

I think Derick has more of a heart and maybe can lead Jill out of her self-centered Duggar perspective. Maybe this is his way of breaking his family away from the Duggars all the while doing something he personally finds fulfilling.

Now that we know they ARE going on a mission... wonder where it is? Derick says an opportunity came up. I wonder if they have decided to go back to Nepal and help out there again.

I suppose it will be more exciting than being a bean counter at Walmart.

I think Derick is simple minded. He's all up in Jim Bob's ass now and thinks god will provide...through the donation button on the Dilly website.

How did Derick ever help out in Nepal before? What can he possibly do there now? It isn't like he's asking for donations to help the Nepalese; he's soliciting funds so he and Jill can have fun in foreign countries while pretending they're doing good works by bringing up jesus a lot.

A six month old baby hasn't had all it's vaccinations yet. Derick's dental surgery won't be completed by July. Jill is going to get knocked up again soon, where is she going if it's another difficult delivery? Okay, Pa Duggar will send them emergency tickets home, but from how far and which airline lets sick babies or laboring mothers or men with infected gums onto long flights? Will some USA army helicopter evacuate them as the hand of god saving them from disaster?

This is just all kinds of stupid.

I read through it twice but must've missed where he confirms that the location is Nepal. I only saw him mention "overseas."

I think Derick is simple minded. He's all up in Jim Bob's ass now and thinks god will provide...through the donation button on the Dilly website.

How did Derick ever help out in Nepal before? What can he possibly do there now? It isn't like he's asking for donations to help the Nepalese; he's soliciting funds so he and Jill can have fun in foreign countries while pretending they're doing good works by bringing up jesus a lot.

A six month old baby hasn't had all it's vaccinations yet. Derick's dental surgery won't be completed by July. Jill is going to get knocked up again soon, where is she going if it's another difficult delivery? Okay, Pa Duggar will send them emergency tickets home, but from how far and which airline lets sick babies or laboring mothers or men with infected gums onto long flights? Will some USA army helicopter evacuate them as the hand of god saving them from disaster?

This is just all kinds of stupid.

Almost like at least half of the adults in the relationship were taught absolutely zero critical thinking skills at their SOTDRT? :cracking-up:

I definitely agree that it doesn't seem like the best season of life for more radical changes. In two years Jill and Derek (will have) met, courted, planned a wedding, moved from Nepal (Derek), got married, became an actual adult for the first time (Jill), had a baby, had major surgery (Jill AND Derek), had a childhood trauma publicly scandalized, got a real adult job and then quit it, started a company AND moved "overseas."

Idiots. Freaking idiots. I'm sure they see this as selfless, but I think it's pretty selfish. If they wanted to be missionaries so bad, they should've waited to have kids. They're going on a mission that is probably a means to an end, converting people, rather than one to actually help people in need, and they're dragging along an infant.

What if it's a long term mission and Jill gets pregnant again? And goes past 40 weeks or has a difficult delivery once again? I know women have babies all over the world, but is it worth the risk?

In the words of Harry Dunne, "just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this...AND TOTALLY REEDEM YOURSELF!" :snooty: :pull-hair:

Yeah, it doesn't say which country. I guess we will have to wait for the first update. Or instagram

From their most recent, Jun. 26, blog entry,

"Several months ago a new opportunity arose for us to serve God on the mission field."

-Pondering if they are referencing a filming opportunity, or simply a more personal idea Baby Jesus brought to them.

Either way, I am going to Nepal next summer on a skydiving trip -maybe Ill get a chance to witness their ministry!!! 8-) Wondering where they'll be... Kathmandu? That's more of a tourist spot, so perhaps not (That is, if they will even be in Nepal).

Jill and Derick seem very kindhearted, and far too naive to be the monster I find JimBoob to be. I wish them the best - in fact, I am happy for what looks to be a great future for them, far from the clan. Only, I hope its not being filmed in an exploitative manner.

edit: to add another sentence.

Archived