IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

Yeah, as a full-time worker, I do the physical equivalent of sitting on the couch all day. I'm physically busy because I make time for it, but being tied to a schedule makes me less physically busy than I would be otherwise. I would be way more physically busy if I were driving my husband to work, taking him lunch, picking him up, visiting my family, cooking shitty dinners, and having my siblings over to visit.

I'm just using logic.

If working makes you less busy- you should write a book.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

???

I understand how your work keeps you busy (a nurse, right?), but that's not the same for everyone. I am busy at work, but my job involves sitting at a computer writing and sitting in meetings, so yeah, I am less physically busy when I work than I would be if I were unemployed.

There is a huge difference between busy and physically active/busy. When I work 7 days a week I sit all the time, when I have weekends off I got hiking or running or cook (standing moving and so on). Sitting in my office is the least physically active I ever am. This is generally accepted as true, most people who have white collar jobs sit all day when at work but are physically active when they are not.

There is a huge difference between busy and physically active/busy. When I work 7 days a week I sit all the time, when I have weekends off I got hiking or running or cook (standing moving and so on). Sitting in my office is the least physically active I ever am. This is generally accepted as true, most people who have white collar jobs sit all day when at work but are physically active when they are not.

Yeah, I took that as Firiel saying she is less physically active while working (because she has a desk job), not that she has more free time when she is working. I have to say I agree. I probably naturally burn a lot more calories on my days off of work, even if I'm not exercising. I am cleaning, watering plants, getting the mail, running to the bank/library/grocery store. Meanwhile, there have been times at my job where my butt has actually fallen asleep because I have been sitting in one position so long. :embarrassed:

Not saying this means Jill was necessarily super active during her pregnancy because she was home, just that we can't really say she wasn't just because she was home.

Yeah, I took that as Firiel saying she is less physically active while working (because she has a desk job), not that she has more free time when she is working. I have to say I agree. I probably naturally burn a lot more calories on my days off of work, even if I'm not exercising. I am cleaning, watering plants, getting the mail, running to the bank/library/grocery store. Meanwhile, there have been times at my job where my butt has actually fallen asleep because I have been sitting in one position so long. :embarrassed:

Not saying this means Jill was necessarily super active during her pregnancy because she was home, just that we can't really say she wasn't just because she was home.

Thats how I read her comment as well. Sassy had a different experience because she worked (or currently works) as a Nurse - so her job required her to constantly be moving around all day. Most of us with desk jobs can't say the same though.

Like you said, we have no way of knowing how active Jill was or wasn't. We saw some pictures of her working out while pregnant - so its likely there was a bit of exercise at least. Just because she stayed at home without having a ton of kids doesn't rule out the possibility that she did stay active though.

Jill and Derrick had Elizabeth zellon take anniversary photos elizabethzellonphotography.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/wpid-img_1591.jpg

Jill and Derrick had Elizabeth zellon take anniversary photos elizabethzellonphotography.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/wpid-img_1591.jpg

I would hope they still do. Hell, I have condiments in my fridge older than how long they've been together.

Question for the pregnancy experts... I'm assuming it would be better for her to get back into shape before she gets pregnant again, correct? It seemed like Anna, for example, "snapped back" to her normal weight between kids. I would like it would be quite health risk to keep all the baby fat, or would it be beneficial if she plans to get pregnant as soon as possible?

I'm curious about this too, actually. Does it matter if you lose the baby weight if you're just going to get pregnant again as soon as possible? If you don't lose the weight from the first pregnancy can you just get through the second pregnancy with minimal weight gain or do most people just gain more weight on top of the existent baby weight?

I'm curious about this in general, but when it comes to Jill in particular, noticing her shape is one thing, but it really is shitty to suggest that she's done something wrong because her stomach isn't completely flat two months after giving birth.

I would hope they still do. Hell, I have condiments in my fridge older than how long they've been together.

I'm sure though that now they think they're qualified to give advice to couples in long-term marriages. :lol:

I'm curious about this in general, but when it comes to Jill in particular, noticing her shape is one thing, but it really is shitty to suggest that she's done something wrong because her stomach isn't completely flat two months after giving birth.

Yes, indeed it is.

Is it possible she could be like 6 or 7 weeks pregnant and just having early pregnancy bloat? We all know she is not preventing and Israel will be 3 months soon.

Nobody mentioned People mag's reporting on the Dillards' anniversary. Because no one cares, lol. It got fewer clicks than the ALIVE festival story did, too. And Jill and Derick's insta posts were embedded in the article, but now they're gone? Did these two decide to take their ball and go home?

http://www.people.com/article/jill-dugg ... ary-photos

ETA I don't know why I can't see the IG pics at the article. Both accounts are still up.

I think the Duggars/Dillards/Seewalds will always keep up with their social media regardless of the show continuing. Lets face it, they are fundie "celebrities" and they think people care about their goings on. (I do, but not for the reasons they would imagine.) They see themselves as mega godly with a ministry and clout regardless of the show, IMO. On the other hand, they would probably have social media even if they had never been famous. So I don't know where the line is between propelling themselves into the public spotlight and just being regular people, albeit with a "ministry".

My thoughts too when I saw Jill's recent pics -

I've never seen a youthful 24 y/o, former slender person, look so paunchy 3 months post-partum. Especially someone who has the luxury of not having to work. Can nap and exercise.

There seems to be something wrong there.

I've never seen a youthful 24 y/o, former slender person, look so paunchy 3 months post-partum. Especially someone who has the luxury of not having to work. Can nap and exercise.

I agree with you, but not the way you're appearing to look at it.

I cannot presume that SHE is doing anything wrong. We have no evidence of what she really does all day.

All that it says to me is "wow, she must have really had a horrific labour if she's still recovering". Because it's true. She's 24. Barely 24. A lot of 24-year olds recover super fast and within a few months don't look like they were ever pregnant at all. However, that doesn't happen to everyone. It's possible that Jill is part of the lower statistic. I will judge her for her actions, but not for her body, especially as we can't know truly if her body currently is the result of her actions or not.

She really doesn't look so great at the moment, but she could also just be terribly stressed.

I am uncomfortable with what feels like coming very close to snark on Jill's body. Seriously - postpartum women come in all shapes and sizes, and it's not some kind of personal failing or self-neglect that means some women don't immediately fit back into their pre pregnancy clothes. :roll:

EXACTLY.

My son is almost 2 and I'm sure plenty of people wonder if I'm pregnant because my stomach has never gone back to normal. I am so annoyed by a lot of the comments in this thread. Apparently since I have a belly like Jill's....

I am inactive.

I didn't get proper medical advice.

I will be like this forever.

Yeah...sure.

I carried my child large and all out in front. Doesn't mean I gained an insane amount of weight. A person of healthy weight pre-pregnancy should gain 25-30 pounds. I gained 27. I am back down to my pre-pregnancy weight plus about 3 pounds or so. But I still look super pregnant. It happens. It's not the end of the world.

Some people forget that a poochy stomach isn't that big of a deal to everyone. I don't have tons of free time. And therefore I choose to spend that time doing things I enjoy like going online, reading, watching a movie, or whatever. Exercise just isn't a priority to me. Maybe it isn't for Jill as well. Or maybe it is but she still has a belly. Who cares?

You can't place all women into the same box. Just because you or someone you know snapped back easily doesn't mean everyone else can or will. Again...who gives a shit??

And people are saying that maybe Jill wasn't told by to wear a band or whatever on her belly post partum. Well, my doctor (an actual ob/gyn) told me NOT to wear one. It's one of those things that some people swear by and others say they do more harm than good.

Oh, and a woman's bust size really makes a difference when it comes to belly fat. Someone with a smaller bust doesn't get as much leeway with a belly. A woman with a 36A can have the exact size belly as someone with a 36D. But 36A is going to look pregnant whereas 36D won't look pregnant at all.

Can I ask how many children you have and how long you've been a stay at home mom? And do all of the other SAHMs you know spend their days exactly the same?

Because I know that I am a SAHM and I haven't taken any naps since my son was born. So I'm jealous of you and your SAHM friends.

Okay...this picture https:// elizabethzellonphotography.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/wpid-img_1591.jpg

What the heck is going on with Derick's hand (?) in the middle of this photo? And where exactly is Jill's right hand? I'm so confused.

Okay...this picture https:// elizabethzellonphotography.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/wpid-img_1591.jpg

What the heck is going on with Derick's hand (?) in the middle of this photo? And where exactly is Jill's right hand? I'm so confused.

HAHA! Her hand is in between his legs and his hand is at such a weird angle.

They've seriously taken and posted professional one year anniversary photos? I swear to God these people think they're the first humans ever to marry and start a family. Get. The. Fuck. Over. Yourselves.

Can I ask how many children you have and how long you've been a stay at home mom? And do all of the other SAHMs you know spend their days exactly the same?

Because I know that I am a SAHM and I haven't taken any naps since my son was born. So I'm jealous of you and your SAHM friends.

....Some people forget that a poochy stomach isn't that big of a deal to everyone...... Who cares?

....Again...who gives a shit??

I agree, it shouldn't matter in the least if a woman "snaps back" or never loses the weight, however it does seem to be an issue to many and a point of discussion for sure. Obviously, everyone is different and we can see that's true based on several posters commenting with testimony in both regards. One poster commented on how "hurtful" it was that people were asking her when the "baby is due?" several months after giving birth. I've been hearing that mistake being made for years.... I've done it myself. Sometimes you definitely need to stop and think before speaking.

My FB friend, who was at Silver Dollar City yesterday, took a picture with Jill and Derrick. She looked a lot better that the pictures from the Alive festival. Her belly wasn't sticking out as much.

Jill's fine, she just had a baby. Everyone takes different amounts of time to lose the baby weight, and there is no shame in still looking a bit pregnant a few months later, especially after carrying large and giving birth to a 3 month old.

They've seriously taken and posted professional one year anniversary photos? I swear to God these people think they're the first humans ever to marry and start a family. Get. The. Fuck. Over. Yourselves.

In Jill's defense, the rabid photo shoot tendency is a huge trend with kids these days, regardless of their religious or political affiliation.

I see it on my Facebook feed all the time and it drives me nuts. I hate the entire trend with a passion, and I also think it's stupid as fuck, but it is (unfortunately) not limited to Jill and Derick.

I can't get the picture; it keeps shooting me back to free jinger.

AFA the poochy belly: I had my first surgery for endometriosis when I was Jill's age. While I was not as thin as she, I was certainly not overweight. However, my incision was the low pelvic smiley face one. Resection was extensive; I was in surgery for nearly 3 hours.

My abdomen NEVER recovered. My abdomen above the incision had a numb spot as large as a cake plate for YEARS afterwards. I had a poochy belly (still do) and I'd never had a child. Three years later, I had a second pelvic surgery. I've looked the same ever since..

so I can't say too much about her belly, except I do feel she needs to heal and enjoy Izzy for a long time before the next one comes along.

Archived