IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

Yeah, that thread gets bogged down with body shaming and other nonsense. :roll:

Gotta confess that I'm getting a bit frustrated with some folks on that thread.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The oral surgery could need follow up for about six months, too. And he's likely on a liquid/soft food diet during the first two months post-op, maybe longer.

Dang. Two months? Is that standard? I got my tonsils out last summer and was eating liquid food for a couple weeks (longer than most adults who get tonsillectomies because i had complications) and it was hellllll. The thickest thing i could eat was baby rice, thinned out.

Maybe this is Derick's punishment for willingly joining the Duggar Family.

Gotta confess that I'm getting a bit frustrated with some folks on that thread.

Sigh. For a while I campaigned to get more people in those threads in hopes of redirecting conversation, but many members are just tired of it and stopped reading. I'm finally beginning to feel the same way.

Riddle me this: What the actual hell is "legacy consulting"?

Amazing how anyone can claim a ministry with no education what so ever

As Im sure Jill will probably say, The Bible is awesome. God is awesome. Credit/debit donations are awesome.

As Im sure Jill will probably say, The Bible is awesome. God is awesome. Credit/debit donations are awesome.

And they will gladly process your credit/debit donations with another one of their family businesses - "Duggar Processing".

Riddle me this: What the actual hell is "legacy consulting"?

here is the companies website: legacyincorporated.com/ I read the "about", I think they are a think tank that does the brainstorming and come in and help organizations look at things from a new perspective. I'm going to grad school for process management and it seems like they do some of this (the planning) but it's not clear if they do the work of changing organization culture or processes. To me it seems like a PR and marketing firm.

Amazing how anyone can claim a ministry with no education what so ever

If we needed any evidence that Derrick is going full-on fundie, this is it; leaving a respectable corporate position to start a "ministry." What kind of advice or aid could these two possibly provide? The Duggar name is mud now, and without a show, even their leghumpers are going to forget about them and move on to the next fundie fad, which at this rate could possibly be polygamy or child brides (thinking specifically about the Marantha story and how that has been received). :?

Ah, I love it when my negative opinions of people are confirmed. Of COURSE these sacks of shit are starting a "non-profit" "ministry."

I really need this country to abolish tax-exempt status from religious institution.

I couldn't get the link to work for the Dillard anniversary pictures (strange idea to me...)

So, I googled and found Elizabeth's blog, it seems like the photoshoot took more than one day, Jill's nails are painted a bright orange-y coral in some pictures and are naked in others...or she got a mid-photoshoot Mani??

So strange. Dilly, we don't care!

The hubbs and I got married in the student Union at university with no guests, in front of a lemonade stand. Its been 7 years in September, never have had the idea for an anniversary photoshoot.

Sorry this is rambling, nursing a baby and coaching my preschool kiddo to pick up his toys.

here is the companies website: legacyincorporated.com/ I read the "about", I think they are a think tank that does the brainstorming and come in and help organizations look at things from a new perspective. I'm going to grad school for process management and it seems like they do some of this (the planning) but it's not clear if they do the work of changing organization culture or processes. To me it seems like a PR and marketing firm.

And Chad Gallagher seems to have helped them with PR after Josh's exposure and Duggar Air appears to have flown in his direction several times.

And Chad Gallagher seems to have helped them with PR after Josh's exposure and Duggar Air appears to have flown in his direction several times.

Wonder if this organization has ties to Boob then? Because doesn't Boob run his family under a nonprofit shelter as a church?

Wal-mart accountant salaries range from 39-48 K (see: http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Walmart ... KO8,22.htm) so let's say Arkansas would be on the lower end, $39K for Derick. Maybe Jill got used to living the TLC gravy lifestyle and they need more money so she doesn't have to work out of the home. I'm sure there is still some money in giving talks about being a Fallen Star in Fundieland.

Wonder if this organization has ties to Boob then? Because doesn't Boob run his family under a nonprofit shelter as a church?

Wal-mart accountant salaries range from 39-48 K (see: http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Walmart ... KO8,22.htm) so let's say Arkansas would be on the lower end, $39K for Derick. Maybe Jill got used to living the TLC gravy lifestyle and they need more money so she doesn't have to work out of the home. I'm sure there is still some money in giving talks about being a Fallen Star in Fundieland.

JB does not have a nonprofit church. That's a rumor that refuses to die. $39k in AR for a family of 2 or 3, is plenty of income, no? Especially with free housing. Jill did seem to feel that Derick wasn't home as often as she would like, that much was apparent.

$39K in Arkansas would give them something like $2 grand a month after taxes. Might not be enough for Jill's pedicure habit.

I'm trying to envision Derick as a preacher. He didn't get the hair spray memo yet.. his look is too old school hippy right now, with the messy bangs. Maybe Boob can give him a lesson in spraying it down tight to look the part.

Dang. Two months? Is that standard? I got my tonsils out last summer and was eating liquid food for a couple weeks (longer than most adults who get tonsillectomies because i had complications) and it was hellllll. The thickest thing i could eat was baby rice, thinned out.

Maybe this is Derick's punishment for willingly joining the Duggar Family.

I don't know if it's standard. I watched a series of youtube videos a woman did about her palate expansion surgery. So, 1) I'm about 90% confident Derick had that procedure, but there's a possibility that he had a different one; and 2) even if they had the same procedure, they may not have the same aftercare requirements. But, yeah, imo, he had this procedure and this woman didn't say she had any out of the ordinary aftercare. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYSS2N ... vC9t3AubUA scroll to the bottom

If Chad Gallager helped them with PR after Josh's exposure, they need to ask for a refund because he did a horrible job.

Can we now officially label Derrick as not a jobby-job type person? It's as though once you enter the Duggar realm you become allergic to work. They cannot be dumb enough to think that they can make TLC type money on this venture. I love how they want a non-profit when we know they will be the only ones profiting. It isn't as though Duggars are known for their charity work. Trying to turn Christians to Christians in El Salvador isn't charity.

Jill and Derrick are dull. Neither are dynamic speakers. Every televangelist has some type of charisma or fire that drives people to want to follow them. Love them or hate them, they have a talent for it. The Dillards and the Duggars lack that quality. They are just bland. If there had not been a reality show, none of these people would be of interest to anyone.

I think their ministry = missionaries. On the Dillard family website, there's a link where people can sign up to get mission updates from Jill and Derick which wasn't there before. I think this was added very recently (like sometime this week). I'm guessing they making preparations so they could start raising support money and whatnot. That's their "Plan B" because their original plan was probably to have TLC fund most or all of their mission trip by allowing them to film them overseas. Obviously that won't be happening now (or is very very unlikely).

To be honest, I don't have a problem with Derick and Jill becoming full-time missionaries if they truly feel that's their calling. I'm not interested in having a debate about how most missionaries are evil because they stunt the growth of developing countries or whatever. (actually, I'm not sure what the exact argument was, and I DON'T CARE!! :D ) I know friends who've gone on mission trips and for some, that has led to them becoming career missionaries. I generally don't think people pursue the mission field to get rich but it IS certainly possible to live a decent lifestyle and support a family. Derick and Jill won't be hurting for money.

I couldn't get the link to work for the Dillard anniversary pictures (strange idea to me...)

So, I googled and found Elizabeth's blog, it seems like the photoshoot took more than one day, Jill's nails are painted a bright orange-y coral in some pictures and are naked in others...or she got a mid-photoshoot Mani??

So strange. Dilly, we don't care!

The hubbs and I got married in the student Union at university with no guests, in front of a lemonade stand. Its been 7 years in September, never have had the idea for an anniversary photoshoot.

Sorry this is rambling, nursing a baby and coaching my preschool kiddo to pick up his toys.

I looked through her blog too, all of her photos are staged exactly the same in every set. I know some photographers like certain poses and like to use them, but literally every album in there looks like the next one.

I agree with ministry = missionaries. It is my understanding that unless you belong to a denomination that actually sends missionaries into the world (and it is a short list), you have to self-fund. Which means the Dillards will be out glad-handing for dollars.

I would assume that they would all be making tons of social media posts and releasing anniversary photo shoots and Father'd Day videos and all of that partly to start getting the molestation off the front page of search hits. It will take a long, long time, and it will always be " the" big, bad infamous cloud over their heads. But they sure as hell wouldn't want it to be the last thing out there in the media about them. That's just common sense.

Plus of course, many young women Jill's age seem to do photo shoots for EVERYTHING.

Wow. Just wow. 39k is a good salary for a family of 3 in AR. And Derick gave that up for this? How is this remotely a good idea? Maybe if it was just the two of them, but they've got a baby and Jill will keep popping them out.

I can't even imagine them being speakers. Jill will just talk over Derick and repeat "precious" "excited" "and um" "ahhhh" and "that's crazy" over and over.

If they actually are going somewhere to serve as missionaries, then they both have experience doing that. Derick seems to have done well in Nepal, and Jill's goal would be to help midwives. I can see that working for them, rather than Derick trying to have a fundie ministry somewhere. Their living expenses will be small, and they can raise money from leghumpers to fund it.

Now the question is.. where will they go that will be safe to raise a baby? Nepal is in a terrible state, so I wonder if that would be out of the question. Maybe South America?

I looked through her blog too, all of her photos are staged exactly the same in every set. I know some photographers like certain poses and like to use them, but literally every album in there looks like the next one.

I get the impression that she's another SAHD "photographer." I don't know if she's considered the best of that category, if she's just benefitting from Duggar exposure, or happens to hang out in the same fundie circles as the Duggars and they all hire her, but she's not that great. Her favorite shot according to her instagram was the one where Jill's nail polish was the first place my eyes went, and the color really detracted from everything else in the photo. I feel like Jinger takes better pictures.

Archived