IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

• 2 weeks later...

Alice has updated.  As we already surmised, her period began (with other symptoms, I suppose) and she was not pregnant (in Alice speak, lost a baby) last month.  However, THIS month she had a "positive" pregnancy test.  I can't see a line -- go check for yourselves, it's the last photo: http://alicesbaby.blogspot.com/2016/08/rosie-photo-overload-although-i-meant.html

However, she has already updated to say that it looks to be a chemical pregnancy (not to be confused with a period :my_confused:.)   

Apparently, someone said something nasty that's already been deleted.  That's unfortunate, if it was unkind, but I also wonder if it was just a little bit of truth?  Either way, Alice brought attention to something I never would have know about otherwise (I don't read her comments anyway.  I'm strictly in it for Alice.) 

In bonus material, she's claiming to have a kidney stone that her doctors are not taking seriously.  Alice is obsessed with all things medical, and I cannot imagine the horror of being her GP or OB; but, if she's not exaggerating, I do feel for her quite a bit.  

There a lots of pictures on the second to last update (the one linked) and she does have an adorable roly-poly daughter to love. 

58 minutes ago, Closed Womb said:

Alice has updated.  As we already surmised, her period began (with other symptoms, I suppose) and she was not pregnant (in Alice speak, lost a baby) last month.  However, THIS month she had a "positive" pregnancy test.  I can't see a line -- go check for yourselves, it's the last photo: http://alicesbaby.blogspot.com/2016/08/rosie-photo-overload-although-i-meant.html

However, she has already updated to say that it looks to be a chemical pregnancy (not to be confused with a period :my_confused:.)   

Not even a faint line.  Just a faint line in her head.  And she was gracious enough to share with her readers that her appetite for 'parsnips' has greatly increased now that she's in her 40s.  :brainbleach:

ANYWAY, it seems like a crazy time for a pregnancy, but...

It's not like it was planned or anything. 

so if she was not  planning to get pregnant why is she testing for ovulation and taking her temperatures daily? 

So here I am at 8DPO after possibly conceiving last cycle, which lead to a longer-than-usual luteal phase of 7 days last time. The same thing happened at that cycle (the same number of months PP) after Elijah, leading to the same 7 day LP, and then the following cycle I conceived Lydia. 

I have been super over-heated (like a radiating oven - Neil has noticed it just giving me a hug) since 4DPO. My temps are higher than last cycle in my LP, and they have been mostly flat except for a couple of spikes, which is another promising sign. 

• Upvote 2

I did not see a line either! Picture quality is way too bad... I wondered if her sex life is getting more because the chance of her getting pregnant decreases and her husband feels more relaxed having sex with her?

• Upvote 4

I chuckled a bit when she said 

I have been having vivid dreams most nights, which is very pregnant of me, and one of them was about Neil having had a child with someone else,

I can't wait to use that. "Oh, how terribly pregnant of me!"

This lady is just somethin else.

• Upvote 7

The comment she's whinging about was "Alice, you've got a mental illness. You need to get help." Maybe not those exact words but that message.

I think that she deliberately freaks out about stuff like that because she thrives on the drama.

• Upvote 2

The "unusually soft cheeks" and such are just completely bizarre to me, because they get numerous exclamation points and "TOTALLY FOR SURE THIS IS ONLY WHEN I'M PREGNANT" -- but it's easy to claim that when you're pregnant (or "pregnant") every cycle. 

Critical thinking and a more discerning, evidence based, scientific approach have no place in her world. Funny, given how obsessed with data she is -- just not interpreting that data wisely or clearly, I guess. 

3 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

Critical thinking and a more discerning, evidence based, scientific approach have no place in her world. Funny, given how obsessed with data she is -- just not interpreting that data wisely or clearly, I guess. 

I mean, in the same blog post she also says this about going to the doctor for a kidney stone: 

The GP was fairly useless (except for the prescribing of a lot of medication)

She was upset because they followed normal treatment for a kidney stone (go home, take your prescribed meds, drink lots of water), and didn't give her scans even though she kept asking. She writes her blog with a lot of medicalese, but doesn't seem to have a ton of faith in doctors and their diagnoses -- despite the fact that, even though she didn't get the scans she wanted, she felt better in a few days. Instead, it seems like she decides the scenario (ie pregnancy) she wants and cherrypicks some data that vaguely backs it up. 

Though, considering some of the other family blogs discussed on here, I guess it's good they still go to regular doctors? 

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, JemilyJ said:

The comment she's whinging about was "Alice, you've got a mental illness. You need to get help." Maybe not those exact words but that message.

I think that she deliberately freaks out about stuff like that because she thrives on the drama.

That's why I think she'll never go private, she thrives on drama.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking about Alice's parents earlier.  She's written before about how they aren't religious and they believe (or used to believe) that she's been brainwashed.  I'm relatively new to fundie blogs/families - is that common or is Alice unusual in being a fundie type who comes from a family who aren't religious?

1 hour ago, JemilyJ said:

I'm relatively new to fundie blogs/families - is that common or is Alice unusual in being a fundie type who comes from a family who aren't religious?

Most of the fundie parents discussed here seem to come from non-fundie Christian backgrounds (that is to say, more mainstream denominations and beliefs). Many of them grew up very "normal" as far as their activities, schooling, relationships, clothing, etc. The most obvious example would be the Duggars, like their story about Michelle immodestly mowing the lawn in a bikini or something along those lines. Quite a few of the families didn't become fundie until after marriage or even after a few children. 

• Upvote 1

I realize I only did the whole TTC thing three times but GOOD GOD. Everything is a sign. She's worse than the flakes who are always looking for Signs in everything.
"I breathed in a really pregnant way. "
"Got thirsty. TOTALLY pregnant."

What's going to happen when she's NOT pregnant? What's her reaction going to be like when her periods start getting irregular due to perimenopause, not pregnancy? Is she going to scream at the drugstore treats and exclaim she's OBVIOUSLY pregnant and those tests don't know everything and believe she's pregnant every time she has an abnormally wrong cycle?

Also, totally late to the Alice party, but does she actually do a decent job at raising the kids after they're out of her uterus?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bea said:

Also, totally late to the Alice party, but does she actually do a decent job at raising the kids after they're out of her uterus?

No. She does a decent job with the infant (nursing on demand, co-sleeping) and tolerable on the toddlers (they still breastfeed, she has a weird pride in breastfeeding two kids while pregnant) but after that it's utter chaos. She home"schools", ie unschools, ie lets the kids do whatever while she's playing with her infant. She diagnosed them all as being on the autism spectrum, because a bunch of kids all running wild could not be bad parenting, oh no, it has to be a medical condition (albeit one she doesn't get any medical advice on). 

She is a pregnancy and baby addict, nothing more, nothing less. I can't stop reading her blog, it's a slow motion train crash. I do feel for her passel of older children though, not only are they neglected, but they're also in the UK, where the entire fundie/unschooling/quiverful movement is close to non-existent - meaning that no one will really understand what they've come from once they grow up.

• Upvote 2

A

1 hour ago, Foudeb said:

She diagnosed them all as being on the autism spectrum, because a bunch of kids all running wild could not be bad parenting, oh no, it has to be a medical condition (albeit one she doesn't get any medical advice on). 

Arthur at least (her oldest) has a proper Autism diagnosis - she wrote about him being seen at CAHMS (Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service). Alice later questioned this because he's gifted so this could be clouding the issue apparently. Matthew may have been seen there too but none of the others. I am suprised they don't have ongoing input, especially after they were investigated by social services.

• Upvote 1

they might have some ongoing input, but she'd never really talk about it. She's at the doctor's so often, they must be keeping an eye on her; but there's a limited level of involvement they'll have if the kids are fed, warm and looked after. Social services here ( like everywhere) are overworked and underfunded and there are far worse parents than Alice and Neil out there whose children are actually in danger. Her homeschooling has to pass occasional muster or she'd have gotten a School Attendance Order...

50 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

Her homeschooling has to pass occasional muster or she'd have gotten a School Attendance Order...

I thought it was rare here for home schooling to be monitored and that school attendance orders were more commonly used for persistant truanting? Certainly I understood from other friends who do it that engaging with the education authorities is voluntary although it's usually recommended that you at least show willing and provide a list of topics that you've covered since the previous request. As the kids have never been at school it's possible they aren't known to the LEA. Especially as they've moved since the SS involvement.

• Upvote 2

depends on where you are. In Scotland there is no requirement for supervision if your child never goes to school at all; if you take them out of school your local authority will ask to see how you will continue their education. 

In England it's a bit weird; while it says "

School Attendance Order

You’ll get a School Attendance Order if the local council thinks your child isn’t getting an education. You have 15 days to provide evidence that you’ve registered your child with a school or that you’re giving them home education." the Education Act 1996 also says "These powers allow local authorities to insist on seeing children in order to enquire about their welfare where there are grounds for concern (sections 17 and 47 of the Children Act 1989). However, such powers do not bestow on local authorities the ability to see and question children subject to elective home education in order to establish whether they are receiving a suitable education." So I think someone has to raise concerns that are considered bad enough they get a visit (which apparently happened once). 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

depends on where you are. In Scotland there is no requirement for supervision if your child never goes to school at all; if you take them out of school your local authority will ask to see how you will continue their education. 

In England it's a bit weird; while it says "

School Attendance Order

You’ll get a School Attendance Order if the local council thinks your child isn’t getting an education. You have 15 days to provide evidence that you’ve registered your child with a school or that you’re giving them home education." the Education Act 1996 also says "These powers allow local authorities to insist on seeing children in order to enquire about their welfare where there are grounds for concern (sections 17 and 47 of the Children Act 1989). However, such powers do not bestow on local authorities the ability to see and question children subject to elective home education in order to establish whether they are receiving a suitable education." So I think someone has to raise concerns that are considered bad enough they get a visit (which apparently happened once). 

In Scotland the Health visitor will flag up that the child isn't going to attend school. Social services will then make an appearance. Depending on which Authority the child lives in social services may stay in the background or just disappear. The Scottish system is in a state of Flux right now with no clear guidelines.

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:29 AM, JemilyJ said:

A

Arthur at least (her oldest) has a proper Autism diagnosis - she wrote about him being seen at CAHMS (Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service). Alice later questioned this because he's gifted so this could be clouding the issue apparently. Matthew may have been seen there too but none of the others. I am suprised they don't have ongoing input, especially after they were investigated by social services.

What was the situation regarding a social services investigation?

1 hour ago, justwatching said:

What was the situation regarding a social services investigation?

Co-signing this question.

I've read all her blogs from around that time and I can't find much of anything.  She's super vague about it (although, if I were being investigated I'd be totally silent about it online, so I can't fault her for staying - mostly - hush.)