IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

I've met a couple of people who did Unschooling when they were younger- one was the only child of super chill college creative writing professors who was taken out of high school senior year and just told to read everything she could find; the other was the youngest of a big homeschool family who said his folks had "gotten tired of it and forgotten about him," so he spent his latter years before college just kinda reading Nietzsche and Dostoevsky. They were both nuts in a cool way.

Though if you're Unschooled because your mom doesn't love you and can't be arsed to teach you to read because she wishes you were a girl, you'll probably grow up to be nuts in an uncool way, sorry kid.

It feels really odd to read about a fundie homeschool / unschooler right here in the UK, I didn't know we even had them over here. Is unschooling even legal? I thought you got fined for not sending the kids to school or being late bringing them in in the morning.

At least in Scotland, homeschooling is legal AND if your child never goes to school, you don't really get follow up visits either. If you take them out of school to homeschool, they're a bit stricter. Source: my homeschooled husband

I thought this was a different lady. There's a woman who has 12 children and they're all paid for by British welfare and she loves it ...

"

She told Closer magazine: 'It's the Government's fault I've got so many kids. It's easy to claim benefits.

'I've always wanted a big family and being a mum is the best feeling in the world. We didn't rush into the decision to have more children lightly but we knew we'd be able to afford it.'

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2918924/Mother-11-claiming-38-000-benefits-says-12th-child-girl.html

Edited by Mela99

15 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

At least in Scotland, homeschooling is legal AND if your child never goes to school, you don't really get follow up visits either. If you take them out of school to homeschool, they're a bit stricter. Source: my homeschooled husband

That's interesting. I hope her kids actually end up learning something.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Alice has posted an update.  She's 8 days from her due date.  

Kudos to her long suffering doula, Heather, for saying no this time.  I have a feeling Alice gets her way in most situations.  

Oh good an update! Alice and I conceived around the same time and I am on baby watch for my first! It was very worrying to hear about all the bleeding she had with this pregnancy. Also, a month or so ago she posted about the sleeping arrangements in their small flat and how she and Neil don't really sleep together...super weird.  Sounds like they are both pretty depressed lately (though she always blogs with lots of gusto, it seems very forced at times).

From Alice's most recent blog post: 

So blessed to be ripe with child, with a lovely round tummy and a wiggly new life on the inside, and I know that maybe this is my last chance to experience it.

Hmmmm, wonder if she's just worrying or if there is some specific reason for her to think this. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Hmmmm, wonder if she's just worrying or if there is some specific reason for her to think this. 

I believe she's getting towards that "season of life" where baby making stops.

She's posted again, three hours after the post mentioning "the wiggly life" and appears to be going into labour.

I really, really hope this is the last baby they have. She barely educates the children as it is, and she'd go on populating the world as long as she could if she had a choice - maybe, Neil has finally said "Enough!"? Probably not, but you never know *sigh*. I doubt Alice takes any notice anyway.

Speaking of Neil, Alice has instructed him to not worry about cleaning the house tomorrow "he gets embarrassed about the mess", but instead he is to wash the baby clothes, so the new baby has something other than the one outfit she has bought and washed, to wear. 

Because this baby comes as a total surprise, and no one could have thought about washing the baby clothes in the nine previous months.

• Upvote 10

Wouldn't they have washed hand-me-down baby clothes from their previous babies ready to go? This is like their 9th child.

9 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

snip

Speaking of Neil, Alice has instructed him to not worry about cleaning the house tomorrow "he gets embarrassed about the mess", but instead he is to wash the baby clothes, so the new baby has something other than the one outfit she has bought and washed, to wear. 

As I said, I believe this one gets what she wants.  Very different from the normal fundie setup, but just as infuriating. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Howl said:

From Alice's most recent blog post: 

So blessed to be ripe with child, with a lovely round tummy and a wiggly new life on the inside, and I know that maybe this is my last chance to experience it.

It seems like she does try to mitigate any disappointment with downplaying things she really wants.  When she's obsessively charting and taking pregnancy tests, she often declares herself pregnant with no implantation (or proof, other than she knows her body), and starts talking just days after sex (pardon, parsnips or baby dance, never sex) while fertile about how it's a joy to carry the new life, even for such a short time.  If her pregnancy tests are not coming out as clear as she wants (which is always the case with this lady), she'll act like it's all in God's hands.  And don't get me started about how thrilled and happy and just overjoyed she'd be at another boy (when she's wanted girls this whole time -- the way she acted over this pregnancy and the last made any pretense of being okay with another son laughable.)  Honestly, it's like she's always talking herself off a ledge. 

I think this is more of the same.  In sad news, it means she's thinking about the next baby before this one is even here.     

• Upvote 4

On 12/11/2015 at 9:13 PM, BackseatMom said:

I'm sorry, but I cannot think of one single example of homeschooling a large family (6+ kids) that didnt seem borderline neglectful (or all the way neglectful).  Can anyone point me towards an example that shows its possible to do well?

My friend (she was my college roommate) homeschools her kids. Six are school age and the seventh is a toddler. She does a fantastic job. Of course, she has two bachelor's degrees, one in elementary education with a minor in math and she was an elementary classroom teacher and music teacher for ten or eleven years. 

And she is busy homeschooling and raising those kids, so she doesn't blog about it. 

• Upvote 1

Based on her fertility history, I suspect she'll continue to pop 'em out for awhile longer, probably right up until menopause.  If she's in her early 40s, she could have 5 or 6 more.  If I understand correctly,  this is a woman who has gotten pregnant whilst breast feeding at least one and possibly two children and who has nursed through pregnancy.  For me this is neither here nor there; that she isn't able to truly care for her current children or competently educate them makes me want to fly across the pond for an intervention, that *might* start with, "Listen, b**tch, here's how it's going to go down.  Neil's getting snipped."   I'll need a volunteer wing gal to buy plane tickets, pay for a nice hotel and feed the kids warm milk and biscuits while I intervene with Alice.  Neil's not a problem, he'll be totally on board with us as his guardian angels.  Then we'll high five, find a Betty's Tea Room for an afternoon pick-me-up (intervening is a hard business), and head home. 

Alternately, we can just email Neil, tell him he should get a covert vasectomy and hopefully get the same result. 

I think the baby that is making an appearance is #8.  

• Upvote 1

She's the opposite end of the UK to me or I'd volunteer to pay a visit.  It's really weird to think of her being over here - I guess I'm accustomed to all the Fundies being in the US so to read about someone from the UK is very bizarre.

I wonder what sort of support network she has as I cannot see there being many like her (although maybe I'd be surprised).

4 minutes ago, enigmata said:

I wonder what sort of support network she has as I cannot see there being many like her (although maybe I'd be surprised).

None I think, which is why she's so mental.

You live on my end of the island! yay!

Vasectomy waiting lists can be quite long on the NHS from what I hear, so he'd be getting calls/letters to the house and she'd find out. 

Just popped over to read her latest blog post (not sure we needed ALL the details about mucus plugs, discharge, etc.) and yes - it also struck me as very strange that poor husband Neil just now has to retrieve all the baby girl clothes from the garage and wash ALL OF THEM...